GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Feliz Rios Nunez

http://www.copamonitor.com/news/local/article_a8629aba-20f7-11e5-85be-f375df7d3736.html

Thanks for that link, interesting read...

From the article:
-----
Babeu said PCSO had focused its investigation on Valenzuela within 24 hours of the reported disappearance, but that he played a cat-and-mouse game with detectives, refusing to meet detectives in person to discuss the case.
-------

Now we know why PCSO wasn't talking or doing a lot of searching in the desert. They were focused on Jose' Valenzuela.

Also said POI #2 was not in custody at this time.

IDK... is Meth a recreational drug? They looked like the salt of the earth couple.
Maybe explains why they were living with relatives, had one car? IDK I don't want to be harsh.

My knowledge of meth is pretty limited (good thing!) other than the absolute havoc it causes. Can it be used with an e-cigarette apparatus?

Ok so where exactly did Felix show up in all of this????? I get it he was there at the house....But what part did he really play here. JV must have been strung out in tweek mode to kill. -Oh what an awful night. So Felix tried to stop Jose but fears for his life & then later drives their car to the street?? I don't know something tells me by his picture (Felix) he doesn't fear much. something smells like fish here. Also, meth-- is obtained normally from a created "meth lab"... so wonder where JV source was. he had to have had a source since he admitted to be taking METH. Hmmm where in Maricopa is the Meth lab?? was or was it created by himself... find that meth lab & find some more breaks & lay open ALL right on a platter. LE is going to have a interesting job here.

Ok so where exactly did Felix show up in all of this????? I get it he was there at the house....But what part did he really play here. JV must have been strung out in tweek mode to kill. -Oh what an awful night. So Felix tried to stop Jose but fears for his life & then later drives their car to the street?? I don't know something tells me by his picture (Felix) he doesn't fear much. something smells like fish here. Also, meth-- is obtained normally from a created "meth lab"... so wonder where JV source was. he had to have had a source since he admitted to be taking METH. Hmmm where in Maricopa is the Meth lab?? was or was it created by himself... find that meth lab & find some more breaks & lay open ALL right on a platter. LE is going to have a interesting job here.

It's very likely the meth is coming from Mexico.
This story hits way too close to home. I've used drugs recreationally with my ex-spouse. I can't even count the number of times this could have been us. Just scary.

Wow....Meth used w e-cigs.. Now there is something someone has probably not yet thought about- or has it been discovered. The way the PI had it, e-cigs & drugs were connected. FDA has pulled Primatene off the shelves, then Sudafed because of use w meth. I guess e-cigs will be next.

If the killers version is to be believed, they all did meth together prior to going to his house for more. I wonder if anyone else at the compound did drugs with them that night?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My knowledge of meth is pretty limited (good thing!) other than the absolute havoc it causes. Can it be used with an e-cigarette apparatus?

ugh just google searches this concept of e-cig and street drugs....apparently its all the rage...seriously? Well there's a completely socially accepted way to take a hit and normalize the habit - pretty scary. And here was me thinking the PI was off mark with his comments about e-cigs.....little did I know

Respectfully snipped -

Pot sure, coke maybe, meth????
I don't believe JV about the Careccias being meth users though.

I don't know what it's like in other states, but I'm always amazed at the number of crime stories and arrests here in Arizona that are meth related. There was a recent Associate Press article that stated there has been a spike in meth coming in from Mexico and that border patrol has seized more meth in Arizona this fiscal year than they did the entire previous year (reference link is here).

It's very possible that Tina and Mike were not meth users, and this low-life scum is simply trying to cover his tracks. Sadly, it's also possible that they were casual users and their recreational habit got them mixed up with the wrong person.

Include me in the category of not really surprised over rec drug use, but somewhat shocked that it's being said to be meth.

It's very likely the meth is coming from Mexico.
This story hits way too close to home. I've used drugs recreationally with my ex-spouse. I can't even count the number of times this could have been us. Just scary.
Nah, I def disagree. would be too difficult & rife w issues to bring it across border....when it is supposed to be easy peasy to create gobs of it in a self made lab. Mark my words there is a meth lab out there in them there desert. & those LE sleuths R gonna Find it! Eureka!!!!

I researched it heavily when people were coming into a Dr.s office I worked for in AZ & they were coming in itching from bugs, had break downs from nervous system out of whack, & then one by one people begun to admit they were using Meth. The doc who treated them had no idea, & were giving them drugs to help w their itching & whacked out central nervous system. It is a nasty nasty NASTY drug. It RUINES LIVES!

Respectfully snipped -

I don't know what it's like in other states, but I'm always amazed at the number of crime stories and arrests here in Arizona that are meth related. There was a recent Associate Press article that stated there has been a spike in meth coming in from Mexico and that border patrol has seized more meth in Arizona this fiscal year than they did the entire previous year (reference link is here).

It's very possible that Tina and Mike were not meth users, and this low-life scum is simply trying to cover his tracks. Sadly, it's also possible that they were casual users and their recreational habit got them mixed up with the wrong person.
I guess I have some pre-conceived notions on what a meth user should look like, and what their lives would look like. I'm always open to learning new things but how sad a "new thing" this is. As I said recreational users of other drugs are easier for me to wrap my head around.

Smh, I really, really, really hate drugs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Respectfully snipped -

Even if we totally discount Tina and Mike using drugs, then why would they go to JVs house late into the night? Ugh! Between them they leave 5 children behind. Its tragic. Jmo

excuse me meant to say because of their use in making meth or drugs...not use w

Yes I just want to reiterate that I don't know if you can use meth with e-cig thing or not. I was wondering aloud since the PI mentioned e cigarettes

Just curious[emoji47]

wasn't there a bunch of drug raids earlier in the day? (July 1)

Even if we totally discount Tina and Mike using drugs, then why would they go to JVs house late into the night? Ugh! Between them they leave 5 children behind. Its tragic. Jmo

I know. Their poor kids. My parents used to tell me that nothing good happens after midnight. I can't really imagine that they would go to this guy's house late at night for, er, wholesome reasons.

One of the latest media reports stated the following:

"Investigators believe Michael Careccia and Valenzuela used drugs together earlier in the day, including methamphetamine... Michael Careccia had made several calls to Valenzuela on the evening of June 21."

Speculation ONLY, but the way this is worded makes me wonder if perhaps drug use during the day wasn't an uncommon thing for Mike, since he wasn't working, and perhaps he had lingering pain from his past injury that made him susceptible to the "escape" that drugs can provide. Again, speculation ONLY. I am not trying to cast a bad light here - only trying to understand why someone who seemed to have a decent life would even dabble.

Drugs have always scared the daylights out of me personally, but I can't tell you how many people I've known who have been casual drug users. These are people who work in professional fields, executive positions, even. Pills, coke, meth - you name it. You'd never think it of them, until something bad happened (and it usually did), and then everyone was shocked. The drug epidemic is so sad, and as cliche as it sounds, drugs definitely ruin lives.

RIP Mike and Tina

in the presser it was asked if there was any reason to think that Mike and Tina were rec. drug users and the sheriff said YES... but said that they were not going to divulge who/what & where on that topic. Many people use recreationally, I did for many years -- not meth, but plenty of other things just as addictive and I dont think that I am "mindless".jmo

in the presser it was asked if there was any reason to think that Mike and Tina were rec. drug users and the sheriff said YES... but said that they were not going to divulge who/what & where on that topic. Many people use recreationally, I did for many years -- not meth, but plenty of other things just as addictive and I dont think that I am "mindless".jmo

They may have found some in their house or car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peleona
Back