AZ AZ - Robert William "Bobby" Fisher, Scottsdale, Apr 2001 *FBI Ten Most Wanted*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if Robert Fisher could be this UID who was found in the desert outside of Lake Havasu City, AZ. The UID is believed to be an experienced hiker based on the high-end gear found with the body. The only thing that gives me pause is the fact that his teeth were in poor condition, but if Robert was living in the wilderness for over 10 years, I guess his dental health could deteriorate.

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP13029
Sex: Male
Race: White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range: 35-50
Estimated Year of Death: 2013
Estimated PMI: 2 months
Height: 6' 0"(72 inches) , Estimated
Weight: 150 lbs, Estimated

Circumstances of Recovery: Caucasian male found hanging from a tree in the desert area of Lake Havasu City. Wearing "The North Face" brand mountaineering pants. Also with the body, a "The North Face" large mountaineering style backpack was found. He appears to have been homeless, as his hair appeared long and unkempt. His teeth were in poor condition with decay noted to the front top teeth.

Circumstance Notes: Decedent was wearing multiple layers of clothing. Possibly an experienced hiker with higher end clothing equipment. Carried a small stuffed animal (moose) in the left front pocket of his jacket.

Hair Color: Sandy
Head Hair Description: Probable blonde/dirty blond; long.
Left Eye Color: Unknown
Right Eye Color: Unknown

Accessories: 1 yellow boxcutter knife found in jacket pocket. 1 small brown stuffed animal (moose) found in left pocket of fleece jacket. (Near the Body)

Clothing: "The North Face" black mountaineering style pants, blue parka, black gloves, blue gloves, green lycra shorts, black and red beanie cap, brown fleece pullover jacket, black long sleeve thermal undershirt, black long underwear, ("Starter" brand), green utility belt (On the Body)

I personally don't think it sounds like Fisher, but I can also see the logic to your idea. I'd say to go ahead and report it just in case.

I wonder if Robert Fisher could be this UID who was found in the desert outside of Lake Havasu City, AZ. The UID is believed to be an experienced hiker based on the high-end gear found with the body. The only thing that gives me pause is the fact that his teeth were in poor condition, but if Robert was living in the wilderness for over 10 years, I guess his dental health could deteriorate.

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP13029
Sex: Male
Race: White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range: 35-50
Estimated Year of Death: 2013
Estimated PMI: 2 months
Height: 6' 0"(72 inches) , Estimated
Weight: 150 lbs, Estimated

Circumstances of Recovery: Caucasian male found hanging from a tree in the desert area of Lake Havasu City. Wearing "The North Face" brand mountaineering pants. Also with the body, a "The North Face" large mountaineering style backpack was found. He appears to have been homeless, as his hair appeared long and unkempt. His teeth were in poor condition with decay noted to the front top teeth.

Circumstance Notes: Decedent was wearing multiple layers of clothing. Possibly an experienced hiker with higher end clothing equipment. Carried a small stuffed animal (moose) in the left front pocket of his jacket.

Hair Color: Sandy
Head Hair Description: Probable blonde/dirty blond; long.
Left Eye Color: Unknown
Right Eye Color: Unknown

Accessories: 1 yellow boxcutter knife found in jacket pocket. 1 small brown stuffed animal (moose) found in left pocket of fleece jacket. (Near the Body)

Clothing: "The North Face" black mountaineering style pants, blue parka, black gloves, blue gloves, green lycra shorts, black and red beanie cap, brown fleece pullover jacket, black long sleeve thermal undershirt, black long underwear, ("Starter" brand), green utility belt (On the Body)
This seems pretty close to him except the teeth. He probably wouldn’t end up with poor hygiene habits. Very regimental. It’s too easy to get a toothbrush, some floss. Maybe if his mental state was deteriorating. From the Strawberry/Payson area it would be easy to make his way down the Verde river maybe down Bill Williams river to Havasu/Parker area for winter. Just thinking out loud.

This seems pretty close to him except the teeth. He probably wouldn’t end up with poor hygiene habits. Very regimental. It’s too easy to get a toothbrush, some floss. Maybe if his mental state was deteriorating. From the Strawberry/Payson area it would be easy to make his way down the Verde river maybe down Bill Williams river to Havasu/Parker area for winter. Just thinking out loud.
I can't imagine he'd ever grow his hair out either, due to his obsession with acting all military-like. He is so, so rigid. If he's out there his obsessive compulsive personality traits are going to be noticed by someone.

It's so interesting how he was so rule-bound in regards to his effects, especially his weapons. Everything in that gun safe was on the up and up and super organized. This guy is fascinating and terrifying at the same time.

I’ve heard the story about him having breakfast with a young lady in a cafe in Young (I think). I also heard that was never corroborated. I can’t drop that off my list though, just because it wasn’t proven. Does anyone know any more about that?
Why that never went anywhere?
EBM to add question.

Last edited:
I can't imagine he'd ever grow his hair out either, due to his obsession with acting all military-like. He is so, so rigid. If he's out there his obsessive compulsive personality traits are going to be noticed by someone.

It's so interesting how he was so rule-bound in regards to his effects, especially his weapons. Everything in that gun safe was on the up and up and super organized. This guy is fascinating and terrifying at the same time.
That’s pretty common for former military to be obsessive about cleanliness, hygiene, neatness their whole life.

Someone had mentioned that it might be possible he is hiding out on a Native American reservation in Arizona, Oklahoma or Else Where while Fisher isn’t Native American I’ve read of insistence where fugitive have hid out there to avoid police and communication from the outside world.

Anne Ryman, Arizona Republic
August 10, 2022 rbbm.
''Scottsdale police Detective John Heinzelman, the lead detective currently assigned to the case, told The Arizona Republic on Wednesday that the FBI has been debating whether to remove Fisher from the list and replacing him with someone else. He said the FBI informed him last week Fisher was going to be taken off the list soon.

"I said, 'OK, that’s fine by me.' It doesn’t really change anything I’m doing," Heinzelman said.

He still receives two to three tips a week, or about 100 leads a year. Heinzelman said he had received another tip as recently as Wednesday morning, just moments before an Arizona Republic reporter called him, asking about Fisher's removal from the FBI list.

"We’re still looking for him, no different than before," he said.

Thousands of tips about Fisher lookalikes have come in from nearly every state and around the world, including two high-profile sightings that were ultimately deemed false: one in Canada in 2004 and another in a Denver suburb in 2014.

There are three main theories about what happened to Fisher:
  • He is living somewhere under an assumed identity.
  • He killed himself, and his body has not been found.
  • He was on the run for weeks or years but has since died, and his remains have not been found or identified.
Earlier this year, the FBI investigators in charge of the case told The Republic that they are most interested in hearing from people who knew Fisher or how he vanished. Investigators hope that anyone with knowledge will come forward so that the relatives of Robert and Mary can have closure''

''People who have information on Fisher's whereabouts are advised to call Scottsdale police at 480-312-5000''
1661701846656.png

Someone had mentioned that it might be possible he is hiding out on a Native American reservation in Arizona, Oklahoma or Else Where while Fisher isn’t Native American I’ve read of insistence where fugitive have hid out there to avoid police and communication from the outside world.

I just saw this case for the first time today. I guess it is not that difficult to assimilate into society, get a new identity and all of that. It is interesting when the authorities thought they got him but fingerprints didn't match. I was wondering if someone can somehow destroy or otherwise change their fingerprints because someone told the police they were sure that was him.

I just saw this case for the first time today. I guess it is not that difficult to assimilate into society, get a new identity and all of that. It is interesting when the authorities thought they got him but fingerprints didn't match. I was wondering if someone can somehow destroy or otherwise change their fingerprints because someone told the police they were sure that was him.
rbbm.
''The short answer is… No, fingerprints do not change over time, but there is a catch: they do not change as we grow old, but they can be affected by certain external conditions.
''Construction workers, especially bricklayers and people who often wash dishes by hand, lose some details in their fingerprints. Once they stop these activities, the ridges will grow back. People who work with chemicals such as calcium oxide can also lose some of the details in their fingerprints. However, once such activities are stopped, the worn-out patterns tend to grow back over time. In other words, even in such cases, the change in the appearance of fingerprints is only temporary.''

''Certain skin diseases destroy the dermis and epidermis of the skin. Consequently, it becomes challenging for fingerprint recognition systems to recognize the prints of these individuals.''

''Cuts and burns that go deeper than the epidermis can also leave scars that permanently alter the fingerprints.
Historically, there have been numerous cases where criminals have tried to alter their fingerprints to get away with their crimes.''

''The short answer is… No, fingerprints do not change over time, but there is a catch: they do not change as we grow old, but they can be affected by certain external conditions.
I remember learning about this in forensics class, which is why some crazies actually try "removing" their prints (something I can't fathom). The human body is friggin' amazing.

rbbm.
''Construction workers, especially bricklayers and people who often wash dishes by hand, lose some details in their fingerprints. Once they stop these activities, the ridges will grow back. People who work with chemicals such as calcium oxide can also lose some of the details in their fingerprints. However, once such activities are stopped, the worn-out patterns tend to grow back over time. In other words, even in such cases, the change in the appearance of fingerprints is only temporary.''

''Certain skin diseases destroy the dermis and epidermis of the skin. Consequently, it becomes challenging for fingerprint recognition systems to recognize the prints of these individuals.''

''Cuts and burns that go deeper than the epidermis can also leave scars that permanently alter the fingerprints.
Historically, there have been numerous cases where criminals have tried to alter their fingerprints to get away with their crimes.''

Thanks for the info!!!!

I kept staring at a guy at the DMV the other day when I realized he looked so much like Fisher. He was probably in his early 30s, though, so obviously not him but it sure did freak me out for a second!

Also, there are cases where the UID may have purposefully removed their fingerprints. Here is one from San Angelo, Texas.

I kept staring at a guy at the DMV the other day when I realized he looked so much like Fisher. He was probably in his early 30s, though, so obviously not him but it sure did freak me out for a second!

Also, there are cases where the UID may have purposefully removed their fingerprints. Here is one from San Angelo, Texas.
That is very interesting-- makes you wonder!!!!

CBS 5 in Arizona did a one hour documentary on Fisher last week and posted it on YouTube they finally showed what that guy in Canada looked like in 2004 who everyone thought was 100% Robert Fisher unfortunately the image is too large to upload here but if you go to YouTube type finding Robert Fisher and go to the 40:00 mark you will see them compare the photos.

I found the YT video. They definitely look quite a lot like the same person. But if they ruled it out as a match with fingerprints it's hard to argue with.
Coincidentally this article has been popping up in my newsfeed this week.
If you can't access the NYT there is a related article here:

I found the YT video. They definitely look quite a lot like the same person. But if they ruled it out as a match with fingerprints it's hard to argue with.
Coincidentally this article has been popping up in my newsfeed this week.
If you can't access the NYT there is a related article here:

Very interesting!

Aug 20 2022 rbbm.
''In our investigation, new details unravel about odd conversations and personality traits he displayed leading up to the murders and house explosion. For the first time, we get exclusive access to the full evidence file and crime scene photos that reveal new details and tips about the investigation.''

''Canada Tip​

At the same time, a tip from 2004 in Canada still perplexes people with some of the most unusual investigative techniques ever used. We get to the bottom of it.''
Herb Greenbeck, the man camping with Robert before the murders, presents a new theory of where Robert Fisher went and what he did after the killings and home explosion, based on strange questions he was asking during their camping trip together just weeks prior
. Investigators share what they struggle with most trying to solve this case, which leads our team back to the Fisher family home and their Scottsdale neighborhood.

Our crew receives a new, unexpected tip from a former homicide detective that has them investigating more than they anticipated. Everyone interviewed this season reveals where they believe Robert Fisher is, and if he’s dead or alive, based on the new information our team uncovered during their investigation, and Robert Fisher’s own sister shares thoughts on all of the new information, with things about Robert we didn’t know until now.

If you have any new information or tips about the whereabouts of Robert Fisher, call the Scottsdale Police Department at 480-312-TIPS.''

Does anyone think that he’s alive!! Stole someone else identity and made him older then he should be? Started a new family? living in the mountains? Longer hair? Glasses? Beard? The FBI should do another age progression with these things. Change the beard up too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Binx005
Back