GUILTY AZ - Shanesha Taylor leaves kids in car during interview, Scottsdale, 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the money should be donated to set up a childcare place in the area.
For anyone, regardless of income to drop children off at for situations like this. :twocents:

I think she should take the money and buy herself a modest trailer and pay her bills up (including day care) for a couple of years ,work with some counselling services ,while being carefuly watched over by CPS. If house prices make it reasonable that she could afford a modest home on that great.

Had I been donated 90 k when I was a single mom of 2, I would have made sure I made the most out of the money while using it in a way to empower myself to be able to afford to care for my children for the long hall to provide them a stable real security.

It would have changed my life at that time.

Her being 35 and making the choice to leave her children in the car , and having no family or friends really has me leaning on her having a mental health problem. If that is the case , her age and the fact she didnt choose to have children until 33 makes me think she might be able to overcome her challenges
with treatment ,and be able to provide her children with a stable life.Even if she does have mental health issues and was really flat out out of options. She looks upset in her photo so she must care .She doesnt look like the drugged out people we often see arrested.

It was donated to her ,I think she she be allowed to keep it. I do see where it could make a huge positive impact on the three on them.

I do not see 90 k being a huge impact for a child care program that would impose rules and qualification documents and all those other procedures that make it impossible for people to use in a way like this mom needed child care for. It would fill up fast ,be abused by the ones who work the system ,run out of funds and have a years long waiting list like many of the other programs already out there.

In case anyone reading this ever finds themself in a position that forces you to leave your kid in the car I am posting this as an option:

Ikea has a child play room you can drop your kids off at while you shop. I dont know how they know your in the store or not most likely if you mention you forgot something in your car you could get away with a 45 minute job interview.

How do you know she doesn't have other children? I have seen nothing reported either way about any possible other children.

They would be better off living in car for while?
I seriously can't believe what I am reading here.
Especially considering this woman resides in AZ.
And summer is coming.
The temperature outside will get over 100 degrees. And that's outside.

Well is she actually homeless? That's what I can't figure out. I mean, if this is like for a week between jobs or apartments, I can understand. You can live out of your car and still go to shelters and public places to maintain stability and stay cool. If she's actually going to sleep in the car in 100 degree temperatures, then the kids need to be removed.

I went to AZ for the first time this summer and I couldn't believe that children didn't die daily. I'd never felt heat like that. I have no idea why anyone would stay there. I hate the cold and have a high heat tolerance, but it was out of this world. 126 degrees. I felt like I was dying every time I went outside.

But my point is that you can't compare to the ideal situation. Should the kids be in this situation? No. Is being with the state necessarily better? No. They are young enough that they could probably stay somewhere for a while until their mom gets herself together, and not have lasting effects. That may have to happen. But I do think taking older kids away from parents and putting them in foster care is often more traumatic than the situations they are taken out of, although of course there are many situations from which they must be removed.

I beg to differ on the whole dry heat doesn't feel as hot myth. I'm in NJ, I'm familiar with humid...been to Arizona where folks swore to me it was bare able because it was a dry heat...it was freaking HOT! 100 degrees is 100 degrees!!! Open your oven and stick your head in when it's hot.. That's dry heat...still HOT!

( I thought I would die in Arizona!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spent 6 weeks in Phoenix/ Scottsdale area a couple years ago, in March/ April, and I could not stay hydrated in the "dry heat". Had a perpetual headache, and alligator like skin turgor! Had to wake up at least twice every night to drink lots of water. Felt like I needed to be walking around with a Camelback on everyday. Brutal climate.

But funny story-- the rental agent met us in a turtle neck sweater and down ski jacket when we arrived-- and it was about 75 degrees! And the restaurants kept turning on the patio propane heaters! Hubby kept turning them off.

What strikes me about this situation is had this been a person leaving a couple of dogs in a car for an hour in 100 degree heat there would be many fewer calls for empathy and many more for the torches and pitchforks.

I applaud the woman for trying to find a job. However, if in this day and age you don't understand that it is dangerous and irresponsible to leave young children (or hey, dogs) in a car to cook then you don't have any business having children (or dogs.)

How do you know she doesn't have other children? I have seen nothing reported either way about any possible other children.

I do not know, I have looked for that an have not seen it reported. I ran a few searches.

She might have more,and that might change what I think.

I beg to differ on the whole dry heat doesn't feel as hot myth. I'm in NJ, I'm familiar with humid...been to Arizona where folks swore to me it was bare able because it was a dry heat...it was freaking HOT! 100 degrees is 100 degrees!!! Open your oven and stick your head in when it's hot.. That's dry heat...still HOT!

( I thought I would die in Arizona!)

I'm from nj too. It was not anywhere near 100 degrees in Scottsdale in the past four weeks. And there's a huge difference between dry and humid heat. If you get out of a pool when it's 80 degrees here you'll freeze your butt off. I wore long sleeves and sweaters until last week. It wasn't stinking hot.

What strikes me about this situation is had this been a person leaving a couple of dogs in a car for an hour in 100 degree heat there would be many fewer calls for empathy and many more for the torches and pitchforks.

I applaud the woman for trying to find a job. However, if in this day and age you don't understand that it is dangerous and irresponsible to leave young children (or hey, dogs) in a car to cook then you don't have any business having children (or dogs.)

You are probably right. If she left two pooches in a car somehow I doubt she would be getting all this sympathy.

I'm from nj too. It was not anywhere near 100 degrees in Scottsdale in the past four weeks. And there's a huge difference between dry and humid heat. If you get out of a pool when it's 80 degrees here you'll freeze your butt off. I wore long sleeves and sweaters until last week. It wasn't stinking hot.

It doesn't have to be very hot outside for a car to get very hot on the inside. And with all that so called dry heat in AZ, please google AZ and children left in cars.
I found a whole bunch of stories about children ending up dead when left in cars in AZ.
Your dry heat isn't going to save these children.

It doesn't have to be very hot outside for a car to get very hot on the inside. And with all that so called dry heat in AZ, please google AZ and children left in cars.
I found a whole bunch of stories about children ending up dead when left in cars in AZ.
Your dry heat isn't going to save these children.

It has to be a certain temp for the internal temp of a car to become deadly in an hours time. Here, there or anywhere. I live in Scottsdale and I have children. It was not the kind of hot to worry in the past month until this week. jmo

It has to be a certain temp for the internal temp of a car to become deadly in an hours time. Here, there or anywhere. I live in Scottsdale and I have children. It was not the kind of hot to worry in the past month until this week. jmo

It doesn't have to be hot outside for a car to become very hot inside.
"Even on a nice cool day at 75 degrees, in about 10 to 15 minutes, the inside temperature of your car is going to be over 100," said Chris Hickey of American Medical Response."

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/temperatures-can-rise-quickly-in-closed-car/21038812#ixzz2yMwtZxNJ

It doesn't have to be hot outside for a car to become very hot inside.
"Even on a nice cool day at 75 degrees, in about 10 to 15 minutes, the inside temperature of your car is going to be over 100," said Chris Hickey of American Medical Response

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/temperatures-can-rise-quickly-in-closed-car/21038812#ixzz2yMwtZxNJ

baloney..haven't looked at that person's credentials, but a cool day means a relatively cool car. Could it possibly heat to 100 in a short time? I suppose so if the conditions were perfect. But 100 isn't going to kill anyone (see pre-1960 desert dwellers)

jmo

Karmady, I flat out didn't believe it a couple years ago so I tried it with a thermometer and a car on a cool day.

It's true. If you have your car completely closed up (this mom didn't, she cracked the windows so I don't know how that affects things) in full sun on a cloudless day in the middle of the day, a 75 degree day will make a car very hot inside.

If you park in the shade your car is cool, or if it's a cloudy day you're okay. In full sun closed up completely it gets hot.

I agree that 100 degree heat won't kill a healthy person, but there seems to be another dynamic to a child in a car seat. They don't have the ability to cool themselves because they are incased in what amounts to a plastic coat.

I was a huge skeptic myself, but it does seem to be true.

Karmady, I flat out didn't believe it a couple years ago so I tried it with a thermometer and a car on a cool day.

It's true. If you have your car completely closed up (this mom didn't, she cracked the windows so I don't know how that affects things) in full sun on a cloudless day in the middle of the day, a 75 degree day will make a car very hot inside.

If you park in the shade your car is cool, or if it's a cloudy day you're okay. In full sun closed up completely it gets hot.

I agree that 100 degree heat won't kill a healthy person, but there seems to be another dynamic to a child in a car seat. They don't have the ability to cool themselves because they are incased in what amounts to a plastic coat.

I was a huge skeptic myself, but it does seem to be true.

Right. Those would be the perfect conditions I was talking about. :)Completely closed car parked in direct sunlight on a cloudless day. The time of day would matter, too. Iirc, it was noted that the baby had on two shirts and a blanket --which contributed to their concern. Leads me to believe this may have happened in the morning on one of the cooler days. It was getting down into the 50's overnight.

The heat is only one concern. I wouldn't leave my purse out in the open and in my car...certainly I wouldn't leave my children!!!!

People should know better. She should be found guilty and given, parenting classes and a fine of some sort. The kids are okay so that is good, but she should not be lauded.

You do not leave children that age alone unsupervised anywhere. I agree Linda, the temps are only one factor. The larger concern is the children being left alone period at their ages.

People should know better. She should be found guilty and given, parenting classes and a fine of some sort. The kids are okay so that is good, but she should not be lauded.

Or financially rewarded for her incompetence as a mother.

The heat is only one concern. I wouldn't leave my purse out in the open and in my car...certainly I wouldn't leave my children!!!!

Right. But my point was I think the heat factor in this case is being overstated because it happened in AZ -which is notorious for kids/pets left in cars in ridiculously hot weather.

However, depending a tiny bit on where she was in Scottsdale, she coulnd't have picked a much safer place to leave kids in the car, either. I'm wondering why she left the keys in the ignition, though. Can't think of why you would do that but not leave the car running.

Many of our local daycare facilities allow up to 6 FREE visits for parents who are searching for jobs. I'm not sure if it's only a local program, or if other cities offer this as well. It's definitely a benefit for parents trying to move in a positive direction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back