GUILTY AZ - Shanesha Taylor leaves kids in car during interview, Scottsdale, 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[modsnip]

jmo, but the arizona heat aspect of this has been overstated, imo. I don't know how it was concluded that the temp in the car was 100. But it was NOT Arizona hot in the past month. Temps have been markedly cool, just getting back to normal this week and making it into the 90's. Also, AZ heat is dry (I'm sure you've heard lol) not moist and humid. So 80 doesn't feel awful. Actually, anything in the 70's and low 80's feels kind of chilly to me -- no lie. Imo, no littles were dying from being left in a car for an hour last month. Anyone know where, specifically, this happened. jmo

It doesn't have to be very hot outside for a car to get very hot on the inside. And with all that so called dry heat in AZ, please google AZ and children left in cars.
I found a whole bunch of stories about children ending up dead when left in cars in AZ.
Your dry heat isn't going to save these children.

Even if it was 72° outside, within 30 mins it would be 106° in the car, with the windows cracked. At the hour mark it would be 115° inside the car. Those are lethal temperatures, especially for small children. In a few more minutes both of those children could have been DEAD!

VEHICLE HEAT STUDY
Study of temperature rise in enclosed cars on 16 dates between May 16 and Aug. 8, 2002.
Ambient temperature were between 72 and 96 degrees F.
Dark Blue mid-side sedan with medium grey interior
Also tested with windows “cracked”

STUDY CONCLUSIONS
Average elapsed time and temperature rise
10 minutes ~ 19 deg F
20 minutes ~ 29 deg F
30 minutes ~ 34 deg F
60 minutes ~ 43 deg F
1 to 2 hours ~ 45-50 deg F
“Cracking” the windows had little effect
Vehicle interior color probably biggest factor
"Parents and other caregivers need to be educated that a vehicle is not a babysitter or play area ... but it can easily become tragedy"

Heatstroke occurs when a person's temperature exceeds 104 degrees F and their thermoregulatory mechanism is overwhelmed

Symptoms include : dizziness, disorientation, agitation, confusion, sluggishness, seizure, hot dry skin that is flushed but not sweaty, loss of consciousness, rapid heart beat, hallucinations

A core body temperature of 107 degrees F is considered lethal as cells are damaged and internal organs shut down

Children's thermoregulatory systems are not as efficient as an adult's and their body temperatures warm at a rate 3 to 5 times faster than an adult’s.

http://www.ggweather.com/heat/

You do not leave children that age alone unsupervised anywhere. I agree Linda, the temps are only one factor. The larger concern is the children being left alone period at their ages.

ITA!

I would like to know her history. Does she have other children who may not be in her care, prior documented instances of neglect, is there a general pattern of irresponsible behaviour and poor decision making outside of this incident ?

But seriously ... What was she going to do with them if she got the job ?

With regards to the money raised online, I have read on 2 sites that the funds are being deposited into Shanesha's mother's bank account as they come in. The source states that information is directly from Amanda Bishop, who organized the donations. Comments state that that part of the donations were used as bail money, and that she has now used some of the money to secure housing and a private lawyer.

I think I'm allowed to post a link to this site, but if not, I apologize and will remove it.

http://justiceforshanesha.tumblr.com/

I'm less sure about another site, and will PM a moderator with the link before I post it.

I have also seen several comments that Shanesha Taylor is a military veteran. I'm looking for a more official source to authenticate that information. If that is true, that brings a new layer of information to the whole situation.

I do not know, I have looked for that an have not seen it reported. I ran a few searches.

She might have more,and that might change what I think.

You should take a look at her facebook.

Ever cried in a job interview because you were so desperate to get ANY job so you could give your son a 4th birthday present and buy milk and bread?

I have.

I didnt get the support I needed either.

Its nice yall are in a position to sit in judgement.

How long does a job interview for minimum wage take anyway? Anything over 10 minutes seems excessive.

She may have thought shed be in and out in 5 minutes.

The vitriol and lack of empathy is appalling. She was going for a job not buying crack or hooking.

It takes a village to raise a child - or it used to. :(

The world is full of single moms who remain second class citizens, sadly its other women usually who despise us. Like hanging on in a loveless marriage is somehow superior.

The only difference between us and them is a lump snoring on the sofa. Every mom here is a 23 year old and a midlife crisis away from being a single mom too. It happens A LOT and we need to support each other not hate on someone less fortunate.

I was fortunate to have many single mother friends and neighbours when it happened to me. Wise and loving women who were tasked with raising gen y pretty much alone. It was a marvellous support now I look back, we would let each other cry and step in for emergency child care etc.

How much help did I get off the married friends? None, I became untouchable.

Single moms are everywhere and need help and empathy not scorn or ARREST!!!!!

I spent most of my childhood waiting in car parks for my mom when she went shopping and left me there - she wouldnt rush either, stopping to gasbag to everyone she saw. It didnt even raise a hair 30 years ago car parks were full of little kids.

:rant:

With regards to the money raised online, I have read on 2 sites that the funds are being deposited into Shanesha's mother's bank account as they come in. The source states that information is directly from Amanda Bishop, who organized the donations. Comments state that that part of the donations were used as bail money, and that she has now used some of the money to secure housing and a private lawyer.

I think I'm allowed to post a link to this site, but if not, I apologize and will remove it.

http://justiceforshanesha.tumblr.com/

I'm less sure about another site, and will PM a moderator with the link before I post it.
.bl..k

I have also seen several comments that Shanesha Taylor is a military veteran. I'm looking for a more official source to authenticate that information. If that is true, that brings a new layer of information to the whole situation.

What the heck ? Justice for WHO ?

Ever cried in a job interview because you were so desperate to get ANY job so you could give your son a 4th birthday present and buy milk and bread?

I have.

How long does a job interview for minimum wage take anyway? Anything over 10 minutes seems excessive.

The vitriol and lack of empathy is appalling. She was going for a job not buying crack or hooking.

The world is full of single moms who remain second class citizens, sadly its other women usually who despise us. Like hanging on in a loveless marriage is somehow superior.

The only difference between us and them is a lump snoring on the sofa. Every mom here is a 23 year old and a midlife crisis away from being a single mom too. It happens A LOT and we need to support each other not hate on someone less fortunate.

I was fortunate to have many single mother friends and neighbours when it happened to me. Wise and loving women who were tasked with raising gen y pretty much alone. It was a marvellous support now I look back, we would let each other cry and step in for emergency child care etc.

I spent most of my childhood waiting in car parks for my mom when she went shopping and left me there - she wouldnt rush either, stopping to gasbag to everyone she saw. It didnt even raise a hair 30 years ago car parks were full of little kids.

I was raised on an air force base, and in the early 60's moms weren't even ALLOWED to bring kids in to the grocery store (commesary) on Saturdays because it was too crowded. So they all left their kids in the car or playing on the front entrance area where there were benches. Little kids, literally like 2 years old, were running up and down the entrance area to the store with no supervision except possibly from an older sibling who may have been tormenting them at the time.

And yet . . . we're all here to tell about it!

But we weren't locked in hot cars.

BTW, though, there ARE other choices in life besides being a single mom or living in a loveless marriage. Being very careful to choose a man that you know is a good man and comes from a good family goes a long way in determining whether you will be in a loveless marriage. It doesn't always turn out perfectly, but women who choose not to have a parter or who go in to a marriage knowing absolutely full well that they've got a jerk for a fiance have pre-determined their destiny.

I was raised on an air force base, and in the early 60's moms weren't even ALLOWED to bring kids in to the grocery store (commesary) on Saturdays because it was too crowded. So they all left their kids in the car or playing on the front entrance area where there were benches. Little kids, literally like 2 years old, were running up and down the entrance area to the store with no supervision except possibly from an older sibling who may have been tormenting them at the time.

And yet . . . we're all here to tell about it!

But we weren't locked in hot cars.

BTW, though, there ARE other choices in life besides being a single mom or living in a loveless marriage. Being very careful to choose a man that you know is a good man and comes from a good family goes a long way in determining whether you will be in a loveless marriage. It doesn't always turn out perfectly, but women who choose not to have a parter or who go in to a marriage knowing absolutely full well that they've got a jerk for a fiance have pre-determined their destiny.

Not all of us are here.
Mortality of children was much higher back in the day, which people conveniently forget.
Sure you can do a lot of stupid things and your children might still survive. Or maybe not. People used to have a lot more children back in a day to compensate for the ones that were going to die.

I have.

Why are you assuming she was interviewing for a minimal wage job? She was interviewing for a job with an insurance company. I find it very unlikely it was for a minimum wage job.

I'm not so sure how I feel about all this. She appears to be anything but a destitute, single mom without any type of social network.

https://www.facebook.com/shanesha.mullinstaylor

I have an acquaintance that called me for some help a few years ago claiming to be "homeless" ... Turns out IMO she wasn't. She was living with another friend that had taken her and her two kids in. Technically, I suppose she was homeless as she didn't have her OWN place. But homeless to me is living on the street, with no address.

I'm going to add... She was annoyed that I gave her food and bought clothing & diapers for her children as opposed to giving her money. I suspected an issue with Rx medications...

I'm an willing to help those in need. I just don't like the needy dictating to me how that help is to be given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've found a few references that state Shanesha S. Taylor is also Shanesha S. Mullins. Two sources list "APO AE" as a previous residence, so it's possible either she is former military, or was married to and living with someone stationed in the European theater.

APO AE is a military address (city/ state portion of a address), which stands for "American post office, area Europe". APO, AP, for example, is used for military addresses in the Pacific theater.

However, I haven't been able to find military service records for Shanesha S. Mullins or Shanesha S. Taylor on public sites.

I did find four previous addresses in Arizona cross referenced to both Shanesha Taylor and Shanesha Mullins: (Glendale, Phoenix, Avondale, and Tolleson), and one in Minot, ND. (There is a USAF base in Minot, ND, FWIW.)

I'm a military veteran, and one of the reasons I think it would be interesting to know if she is a veteran is because of the extensive network of veteran's resources that would be available to her (and would have been available before her arrest, as well). It also would also be a window into what kind of job and rank she may have had, and would provide more information about her social situation leading up to the arrest.

I have.

I REALLY LIKE THIS POST AND TOTALLY AGREE!:loveyou:

You should take a look at her facebook.

Wow. There is much more to this story than is being reported, IMO. I'm not sure if we can discuss anything from FB, though.

Wow. There is much more to this story than is being reported, IMO. I'm not sure if we can discuss anything from FB, though.

We can talk about what she posted on Facebook. She's not a minor. And her Facebook isn't set to private.
Can someone link it?

Not all of us are here.
Mortality of children was much higher back in the day, which people conveniently forget.
Sure you can do a lot of stupid things and your children might still survive. Or maybe not. People used to have a lot more children back in a day to compensate for the ones that were going to die.

Yes, all of us are here.

Those who aren't here . . .aren't here. That's what people mean when they say well, back in the day but we all survived it! They are talking to the group present, those who survived it.

I'm actually flabbergasted at some of the stuff that was done to us when we were kids, and agree it's quite a miracle that those who are here are.

Yes, all of us are here.

Those who aren't here . . .aren't here.

The ones that aren't here, you don't see them complaining. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back