GUILTY AZ - Six killed, 13 injured in shooting at Gabrielle Giffords event, 8 Jan 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 dead - Child and Judge. President to appear in 5 minutes.....

A through and through tells me it was a close contact impact, or one with a very high calibre weapon. Depending on what trajectory, and what structures/areas have been hurt, recovery could be complete, or very spotty.

Federal judge has also died. John Role (sp), served in AZ district court, shot killed at event. Just confirmed.

Herding

Google results for "Jared Loughner":

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&q=jared+loughner&btnG=Google+Search"]jared loughner - Google Search[/ame]

He apparently posted a "final" video on the internet.

Rep. Giffords has been targeted relentlessly by Sarah Palin and the Tea Party-now she's been shot-is this the "second amendment solution" they promised?? Did you ever see Sarah Palins map with all the crosshairs on different states and politicians listed? Rep.Gabrielle Giffords was one of them. I just saw the surgeon's press conference and it looks like Rep.Giffords survived the assassination attempt. A nine year old child died though.

I heard on Fox News that Ms. Giffords supported 2nd ammendment rights..so doubt that would be th reason for the target or cross hairs on Ms Palin's map???

So pleased Rep. Giffords has survived the surgery..She has youth and health on her side..not to mention an angel

A friend of mine who lives in Tucson told me that locals are saying she was chatting with an eldery couple when the gunman burst through, yelled something inaudible, and then shot her at point blank range in the head.

How absolutely horrific and terrible not just for her, but the many other victims.

This boy went crazy. : (

I feel bad for him.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10#p/a/u/2/PnNx0WThoF0"]YouTube - Classitup10's Channel[/ame]

Just followed a google link to a youtube page for a person by that name.. talks about politics.. currency... very odd.

Let me explain a tad about following commands:

In neuro events, I ask a patient to "open eyes", "show me two fingers", and "tell me your name". That's to evaluate where they are on the Glasgow Coma scale, which in turn tells me how bad the damage is, if there is swelling in the brain, and how conscious the patient is.

This does not mean too much at this point. What she will be facing, not just brain tissue destruction, is also a seriously high risk of infection and additional issues because of that, as well as additional trauma as the brain deals with the assault (e.g swelling, herniation, et cetera).

My prayers are with all the victims of today's horrible event.

Best-
Herding Cats

If that's him, that final video explains a lot, and nothing.

HerdingCats, thanks for your insight. My husband is a cardiac surgeon, and although it's a little bit different (heart surgeon, not brain..) he shared the same thoughts with me..just because she's responding to basic commands doesn't mean too much at this point. :(

The reports are that she was shot at point blank range, and the bullet entered her temple, and passed through her head. That is extremely scary. I pray that she survives with minimal damage, but I just don't see that happening :(

Just watched that final video- a lot of "big" thoughts in that.. not that I understood them. But clearly this person had an issue with government. Wow...

Just watched that final video- a lot of "big" thoughts in that.. not that I understood them. But clearly this person had an issue with government. Wow...

That's really all I was able to take away from it too. He had issues with the government, and the constitution.

I'm guessing he wasn't targeting her because she was Gabrielle Gifford and had certain beliefs,more because she is a representative of the government. I think anyone representing the government could have been his target.

Shepard smith on foxnews is reading verbatim the Youtube video..wow, I don't understand that shooters mind at all. He is crazy

I hate to say this..but think this guy truly fell under the spell Glenn Beck spun in his endless shows both radio and TV on the evils of Government!! Very scary indeed:truce:

I think this guy had major issues and he just went over the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton