Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What ages are the older children?
Does anyone know what the sleeping arrangements in the tent were? Was there a clear path to an exit for Syler or would he have to crawl over other people?
Was the opening closed up when they laid down? (zipped/tied)
When the woman woke up to find him missing, was the opening open or still closed up?
How easy was it for her to see Syler was missing?

If something bad had happened after 9:30 and this is all a cover-up, making the alarm when they did doesn't sound right, if I was wanting to cover things up I would wait until more hours had passed, they could easily have waited until early morning, that would allow someone snatching him having more of a getaway and give someone more time to clean up.

VB

Ages of older children have been reported as 12 and 14 yrs of age. (there was one conflicting report IIRC that put them younger FWIW, I have to go back and relook).

Sleeping arrangements have been reported as Syler was in a tent with one older adoptive sibling. I haven't seen it reported yet as to which one.

No other details released that answer any of the other questions.

9:30 PM Syler seen by independent anonymous (non-family) eye witness(es) that place him at campground area.

12:30 AM is last time family is to have reportedly seen him, in his sleeping bag.

1:45 PM Adoptive Mother says she awoke and went to check on kids, Sylar was noticed to be missing.

2:30 AM 911 call comes into center. It is not reported who made that call.

3:00 AM LE on scene.

HTH.

"loved" as in past tense? I'm sorry something ain't right about this at all. First of all why would u go camping in a campground that is so primative? Maybe its just me...I just wouldn't go camping with a toddler...just too much can go wrong. I have had an icky feeling abou this since it started. If she knows he loves the water so much then why camp near a creek, why have your toddler in the same tent with younger siblings instead of you? Is it possible that there is some kind of issue with the bio mom that maybe they planned to have him taken away so as not to lose him to the bio mom? Does that make sense? Its been a long day.
Yes, it does make sense, and a lot more sense than he unzipped the tent, wandered off, and got so far there isn't any clue where he went. I also question the judgment in taking a toddler to a campground, leaving him in a tent with two other children, and so close to a creek. MOO

That was also one of my first thoughts. If he'd wandered off, he'd be afraid of the dark, be lost, fall down or hurt his feet and start crying. Yet no one hears him? MOO

There were reportedly 25 other people in addition to the family at that campsite area.

A 2 yr old child, exits the tent in which he is sleeping with an older adoptive sibling.

Wonders off. Without making a noise or crying for Momma?

And none of those 25 people in rather close proximity in addition to the family hear a thing?

Possible but at this point in time I am of the opinion not probable. JMHO at this time.

There were reportedly 25 other people in addition to the family at that campsite area.

A 2 yr old child, exits the tent in which he is sleeping with an older adoptive sibling.

And none of those 25 people in rather close proximity in addition to the family hear a thing?

Possible but at this point in time I am of the opinion not probable. JMHO at this time.
Also with the other campers nearby, he'd forget which tent he came out of and try to get into someone elses, thereby awakening the other people. I think you can see I'm not buying the "wandered off" theory at all! ;) MOO

I am sorry the Aunt seems to talk to much and give stuff away. She doesn't think it's going to be a very good outcome and he loves water and there just happens to be a water hole around. Their display of running toward each other was very fake in my opinion also.

Also with the other campers nearby, he'd forget which tent he came out of and try to get into someone elses, thereby awakening the other people. I think you can see I'm not buying the "wandered off" theory at all! ;) MOO

Me either :wink: :).

I mispelled wander too. :D

I wish we could get more facts about this baby boy :(

Is it just me or is everyone's hinky meter going up the more we analyze videos, statements, emotions, allegations, social posts, etc.? Something definitely isn't right here. Now the FBI is involved! I pray some results are pending soon!

At this particular campground it is private. There are only 13 sites in which to camp (from media report).

Since it is private what type of registration for entry and to camp would the owners request I wonder?

When LE got the subpoena's last night I would imagine they would supoena any of those records as well.

I am seeing reports that LE did interview everyone at that campsite before releasing them (numbered at about 25 people in media reports).

Has anyone been to a private campground that could give me insight as to what information they might have needed to camp there? (the owners of the campground from the respective campers).

Kat, we've stayed at smaller campgrounds here in AZ and there are either a host or a place you fill out your license number and spot number you will be camping in along with the fee. Someone comes along once or so a day to check. Most you can stay is/was a 14 day maximum stay but it's been a few years since we camped, love cabins now.

I am sorry the Aunt seems to talk to much and give stuff away. She doesn't think it's going to be a very good outcome and he loves water and there just happens to be a water hole around. Their display of running toward each other was very fake in my opinion also.
So it seems they are hinting at a couple of theories, one being he wandered into the creek, or the Mexican (or someone else) kidnapped him. Until I read the details about the creek, I thought that was possible but now I'm not so sure. I can't see a kidnapping scenario since it would seem way too risky with others so close by, and at least one other older child in the tent. MOO

Is it just me or is everyone's hinky meter going up the more we analyze videos, statements, emotions, allegations, social posts, etc.? Something definitely isn't right here. Now the FBI is involved! I pray some results are pending soon!

yes, meter is pegged at full tilt. Something bad has happened here and I fear that we will all be mourning another little lost one soon.

Too sad

Another thought. There were likely campers still awake between the time this child was reportedly last seen by the family he was camping with and the time they noticed him missing.

Why has there been no reports of anyone awake at 1:30 am or so when they called LE? I know when people go camping they often stay up late drinking beers or hanging around the campfire talking........ Especially if they are the younger crowd a local posted about earlier.

Actually I was being sarcastic and don't believe the Mexican man (if he exists) had anything to do with Syler's disappearance. As someone else suggested, if there was any fear of him watching them during the day, why would the children be sleeping apart from the adults in another tent? MOO
That's what I'm sayin Panthera. No way in hell if someone was watching us would I be spending one more night there or leaving my kids in a tent by themselves. End of Story.

They said on Nancy Grace that the custodial parents are taking a polygraph.

Another thought. There were likely campers still awake between the time this child was reportedly last seen by the family he was camping with and the time they noticed him missing.

Why has there been no reports of anyone awake at 1:30 am or so when they called LE? I know when people go camping they often stay up late drinking beers or hanging around the campfire talking........ Especially if they are the younger crowd a local posted about earlier.

Given how small the camp area is, no reports of cars driving within the area and/or entering/exiting the area yet either. JMHO.

It's not uncommon at all that the FBI is involved, however, if this wasn't a legitimate disappearance, heaven help whoever was involved in now having to deal with their expertise.

I was pretty sure there was to be a press conference today at 5 p.m. yet there is no press release on the Sheriff's website

I found two ms sites of the woman who says she's adopting Sylar,one old one is from 2 years ago and a woman with the last name of Newton is on her's and her friend's ms.She talks about being pregnant in 2008,so I'm assuming that's Sylar's mother.The woman in the article CP is single,has a bf and I'm assuming it's an adoption agreement,if there is an adoption.

Woman's name is in this article...
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/26/arizona.missing.toddler/?hpt=Sbin

No press conference information yet online -- I have been checking -- even at Sheriff's site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez