GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to WebSleuths Brian44.

The media articles have only said that bloodhounds were being used. I have not (yet) seen specifics regarding the dogs.

I apologize in advance if this has been covered already, but what is the connection between Sylar's bio mom and CP? How did CP come to adopt Syler?

IMHO, it seems with CP's prior criminal record a legal adoption would be difficult.

I fear that this little boy is not alive, just as I fear the same for Haleigh, Kyron, Madeline, Lindsey, Patrick, and too many others. Hand-offs are mostly something we hope and pray for, but far more often, an accidental death or a murder has taken place.

But maybe this child has a chance, since there are other issues, clearly. But how anyone got him out of there is beyond me. I'd feel better about his chances if he had vanished from large, busy mall or someplace where it would be more feasible that someone who wanted him and had a claim to him, took him back.

I apologize in advance if this has been covered already, but what is the connection between Sylar's bio mom and CP? How did CP come to adopt Syler?

IMHO, it seems with CP's prior criminal record a legal adoption would be difficult.

I'm thinking Sylar's bio mom knew C. for quite a while, she knew her to be a good mother. I think she left Sylar with her because she couldn't take care of him, she loved him and wanted him to be happy in a stable home. jmo

Sister has new post on FB....

"I really wish everyone would quit making a big deal about the mother or any other **** right now. We have a missing two year old what the hell is wring wrong with everyone"

How helpful is that? There would be a thousand other things I would have to say on FB if it were my sisters baby who is missing. Being defensive would be something I had zero time for.

I just went camping in Colorado one week ago in a remote campground, my son put a twenty into the envelope thing instead of a ten, so instead of paying 17.00 for a night, we paid 27.00. Well, the next morning, we decided to go over to the next campground six miles up the road where the host stays. He said he would meet us at our campground as he had yet to pick up the payments from the tube thing. When he came he asked how many people had been out there, in other words how many sites had been occupied, we counted six. He said only three had filled out the paperwork, many come in later at night and leave early, not filling in any info to camp for free, so.... not saying this is the case here, but it shows how it can happen and there would be no record of someone even who had camped the night. When you go into the restroom/outhouse, they have a paper in there, it shows when the host comes daily to clean it and to collect, so gives you a timeline to dupe the system.

:Welcome-12-june:

Portabella

That's a soulful posting -- bio mom sounds sincere. I hope that wee lad is found soon.:angel:

I agree 100%. She said what needed to be said to put to bed some of the speculation surrounding the custody issue. What any good mom would do, get the focus back on finding Syler. She sounds like a first class person despite her troubles.

Let's explore the possibility of an animal abduction of Sylar.

From backthread we see that a couple of the animals big enough and predatory would be Coyote or Mountain Lion.

1. Although there have been reports in the past of Coyotes acting in agressive ways, especially with domestic animals that are much smaller (cats, very small breed dogs) and it's quite common to have problems with them if you live in an area where your home encroaches upon their natural territory--it is extremely rare that they will attack a human. Even when they attack children, they attack in a manner as would a medium sized dog KWIM? Meaning they will physically become aggressive and cause the child injury but I have never heard of a child being carried off by a Coyote never to be seen. (All experiences based on living in not only CenTex for 9 yrs but the Chihuahuan Desert, El Paso TX) IMHO---I would say that this is a very unlikely scenario. JMHO.

Mountain Lion---although they would go for the neck on an adult. Sylar was very small in comparison to an adult and in comparison to a mountain lion. IMHO just from living in the desert, a mountain lion (even a large one) would carry a child much like it would carry any other small prey. First it would attack, then it would carry or drag that prey to another area. You would more than likely have a blood trail (maybe of just the tiniest droplets but it would be there), since Sylar was wearing no clothing his diaper might have been found. Etc. There would have been tracks from the animal. IMHO.

As with the Coyote, I also think that a mountain lion would be wary of approaching an area that was frequented by humans on a regular basis (camp ground). They aren't like black bears who are attracted by the human food, or again like black bears where they have been desensitized to being wary of humans because of frequent contact. These are feral animals that for the most part, unless you walk into their territory, want to avoid humans--KWIM? Just my humble opinion based on personal experience.

I'm not ruling that out, I'm just saying that for me that possibility is at the bottom of the list.

As for tracking Sylar, whether he was abducted by an animal or by another human. IIRC, scent dogs will track from the shed skin cells from our bodies. We continuously shed cells all day long.

IMHO any scent that they are finding and losing is possibly the scent trail he left while visiting the camp area. Where ever he walked or was carried, he would have shed cells.

Which brings me to the fact that if he was carried away, physically carried within someone's arms or carried away by a large animal. There would still be a trail. The other animal's or human's scent would be there yes. But the dogs would be able to track Sylar's scent IMHO.

Even if he were placed in a car, it is possible for some dogs to detect that and follow the roadway a bit. JMHO. (it's said that the windows down or the ventilation system within the car allows enough scent to escape for a bit).

That's a possibility, I'm not in my own head ruling it out. But again, it's at the bottom of the list. Animal abduction at the very last entry, human abduction next to last. At this point in time. JMHO.

I am not an authority on any of this but wanted to share my experiences of living in the desert and areas where this wildlife is found through out the SouthWestern part of the USA.

All JMHO.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/flagstaff/syler-newton-birth-mom-speaks-out-7-27-2010

Updated: Tuesday, 27 Jul 2010, 5:08 PM MDT
Published : Tuesday, 27 Jul 2010, 5:08 PM MDT

<snipped>
Now the biological mother of the boy, who lives in Indiana, is speaking out. She told us by phone that she's planning to come to Arizona to search for her son.

"Please return him to the people that he knows, that he loves that love him, that's where he needs to be... we miss him very much, we're all very very worried about him," says Charity Newton. "If he's out there, I dont want them to stop looking for him, if there's a chance that he could be found alive I don't want them to stop."

"This is nothing to do with a custody battle, I do believe that this is just an unfortunate accident... just because my life is messed up and I felt like I wasn't going to be a very good provider for my son, doesn't mean that I didn't love or care for him," says Newton.

I really want to comment on the incessant, possibly 'inappropriate'? laughter (video taker?) in that home movie... But I won't.

Sister has new post on FB....

"I really wish everyone would quit making a big deal about the mother or any other **** right now. We have a missing two year old what the hell is wring wrong with everyone"

How helpful is that? There would be a thousand other things I would have to say on FB if it were my sisters baby who is missing. Being defensive would be something I had zero time for.

What does the next post... 0ith everyone mean?

I went back two pages and hope this isn't a repeat but if so, nevermind...

Birth Mom: No Custody Battle over Missing 2-Year-Old No developments as search continues

RIMROCK - Tuesday is day 3 on the search for 2-year-old Syler Newton, and as the search widens, it has not revealed any significant developments.
Yavapai County Sheriff's Office Detectives spent the night searching the Beaver Creek Campground for any trace of Syler, but have not recovered anything. They're also combing the interiors and exteriors of two vehicles that were towed from the campsite.
Syler Newton disappeared early Sunday morning from his tent, wearing only a diaper, while camping with a family who was planning to adopt him.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/flagstaff/syler-newton-birth-mom-speaks-out-7-27-2010

"This is nothing to do with a custody battle, I do believe that this is just an unfortunate accident... just because my life is messed up and I felt like I wasn't going to be a very good provider for my son, doesn't mean that I didn't love or care for him," says Newton.
Investigators are looking at several different scenarios -- they're not sure if Syler wandered off, fell into a nearby creek, or was abducted. On Monday, Priem was given a polygraph test.
"I don't think that she would do anything to hurt my son. I wouldn't want to adopt my son out to someone that I feel would have hurt him."

Mother's have to make difficult choices based on what is in the best interest of their child every single day.

I see nothing amiss with a young woman wanting the best for her child, when she probably couldn't even provide the basics.

I have no issue with that whatsoever. JMHO.

The only comment I can say is that sometimes, people are not who we think they are, or that sometimes even people themselves are shocked by the friends and family of an aquaintence not being "good, and kind" like the acquaintence. KWIM?

The only comment I can say is that sometimes, people are not who we think they are, or that sometimes even people themselves are shocked by the friends and family of an aquaintence not being "good, and kind" like the acquaintence. KWIM?

I agree. I think the birth mother may be sincere but I'm not too certain I trust her ability to judge character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak