GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a mountain lion come down and attack our dog on the front porch of our home.

When I came out to see what the commotion was about from the dog, there it was and it was not afraid of me or my boyfriend at the time, he is 6'5 and the lion proceeded to size my BF up and let go of the dog. We shot it twice before it ran around the corner of the house and died.

You shot and killed a mountain lion? For WHAT? As if shooting into the air, around him, etc. wouldn't have scared it off? Poor thing. Isn't that illegal BTW?

I wonder if the police asked the so-called adoptive mom what condition the tent zipper was in when she woke up and found Skylar missing. Of course, if she had anything to do with his disappearance, she wouldn't answer truthfully. But I wonder if they asked things like that on the lie detector test. Maybe she didn't secure the zipper the night before or maybe it was broken. I haven't seen any photos of the tent.

I'm going to play "devils advocate" and go the other way on all of this. Lets say, Tina did see "this man" did she mention it to her mother/other children? This man didn't come from Mexico to this exact campsite (i'm sure there are more and closer) so this guy I would think would be local/closer. So lets say this man came to that tent, he either upzipped the tent then what? he walked in with 3 other people in the tent and took the child? Lets say they didn't zip it up, he still had to either walk into the tent to get the child or talk to get him to wake up without waking anyone else up and get the child to walk out? Ok, now let's say Sylar walked out of the tent, zipper open, the noise from walking on the tarp bottom of the tent would have made noise, if the sleeping bags were close together, who's walking straight at that time in the middle of the night especially a 2 yr old to not step on someone? Ok, lets say he walks out on his own, waking nobody, I don't think an animal got to him, he could not have gotten that far without someone (25 of the campers) not hearing screaming or anything. Now I am concerned about the water situation so I won't go there. Then I go to the Bio-dad??? Nothing mentioned about him, maybe he hired this "mexican man" I don't know, I hope LE is chatting with him. Ok, sometimes just saying this outloud is helpful. Boy, I'm praying for this child. This is all IMO. Just thinking outloud!

ITA. Wasn't there a flash flood near there recently that could have displaced [/B]alot of animals? I know in Utah the wild animals go to the campgrounds they know has easy pickings for food. Campers are careless and don't realize the legacy the leave for the next unsuspecting camper. A pet peeve of mine actually. A few years ago a little boy was attacked and drug out of his tent and killed by a bear who had munched on food the previous campers left out the day before. Bear figured there was going to be food at that campsite again and went back.

The only problem I have with the story so far is little boys at that age usually want their mama. He was already in the tent with mama right? So why would he leave the tent?

Yes! BBM

http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=1318364

http://www.azdailysun.com/news/state-and-regional/article_bc868707-07f0-53ad-aaf2-7f894835bbbb.html

just prior to the weekend -- Thursday night

From what I'm understanding, everyone in the campground has to register and is assigned a space ~ so why would the Mexican man, or anyone else for that matter, go there to abduct a child? I also can't see a kidnapper getting in and out of there unnoticed. Also, what day were they supposed to leave the campground? :waitasec: MOO

For the child to be removed from the tent, someone would have to have been watching them, maybe with night vision goggles.
He should have been in a deep sleep at that hour of the night.
We have seen two recent cases where LE misjudged how far a child could get and someone went into those unsearched areas and found them.
There's no where's near enough searchers out there. They should have done a major call out for help the first night.

You shot and killed a mountain lion? For WHAT? As if shooting into the air, around him, etc. wouldn't have scared it off? Poor thing. Isn't that illegal BTW?

I dont this so under threat. And it seems they always come back so.......

Where I live I have seen the amazing force of washes starting out as a trickle and then within 10 minutes they are crazy raging fast moving rivers (more like tsunamis - without exageration). Camping = 3 star to this gal

I grew up in L.A and even there the coyotes were junk animals and opportunist. Even where I live now is a rural area but a bonified subdivision with a clubhouse, etc. People lose pet cats here like crazy. No kids missing so far. I can't see a two legged critter taking this baby out of the tent undetected. Seeing him wandering around maybe. My feel so far is the baby met with a natural fate . However the changing stories are troubling.

We used to see bears where we had a trailer home in PA. No bears ever attacked anyone thank goodness but they were always seen there. It wasn't until we all were walking through the woods when we spotted bear caves....

Can't even imagine being attacked by any animal..

Your right when you said he probably was taken in a car. I wonder if the people there heard a car driving by late at night.

OMG where is this poor child?

We have CA Black Bears here, as well as coyote's and mountain lions. We have to make sure we don't attract them in any way - no trash out, no food in the car, or downstairs. When we first moved in, we put all the boxes in the office (which is downstairs), and also the laundry room.

2nd night here I realized we must have food in one of the boxes when a bear tried to get in. The entire house was shaking. Hubby wasn't here, and I was petrified. But the big dude left when he realized he couldn't get in.

You bet the next day I was going thru all the boxes (this was just around the time they came out of hibernation).

It is bear season, and they'll start to look for food more and more as hibernation gets closer.

But if a bear came upon Sylar, there would have been a ruckus. Bears are NOT quiet. Matter of fact, one was sitting on my dad's car a few years back bouncing up and down. We're like WTH? They're very unpredictable "critters".

MOO

Mel

I grew up in L.A and even there the coyotes were junk animals and opportunist. Even where I live now is a rural area but a bonified subdivision with a clubhouse, etc. People lose pet cats here like crazy. No kids missing so far. I can't see a two legged critter taking this baby out of the tent undetected. Seeing him wandering around maybe. My feel so far is the baby met with a natural fate . However the changing stories are troubling.

Hey Suzi - you don't by chance live in Pine Mountain? LOL

Mel

Wouldn't this campground almost be a perfect place if one wanted to have him meet with a "natural fate" or to accuse someone of kidnapping him? Just thinking of possibilities. MOO

Sylar has been missing well over 60 hours now. If he is out there and he did wander off---time is getting critical.

Well my gosh! What in the world were they doing out there camping anyway with weather like that?

Kinda reminds me of Josh Powell who went camping with his sons in below-freezing temps in the middle of the night.

The rainy weather isn't expected to let up until next week.

They had to know the weather was going to bad (living in area, right)? If so, why would they go out there?

I saw on the news that it was still raining...on Sylar's toys.

This is so frustrating.

MOO

Mel

Sylar has been missing well over 60 hours now. If he is out there and he did wander off---time is getting critical.
With all the talk about wild animals, let alone the fact he was barefoot and only wearing a diaper, I'd say it is way past critical. :cry: MOO

I don't think it was raining last weekend. I looked up the history at the weather channel website for a nearby town.

Off topic but ugh---I wouldn't want to be out in 97 degree temps with high humidity in a tent...but hey that's me, people do their own thing. :)

If there was any scent to be found for Sylar, I think the rains will wash it away probably JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez