GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"This is nothing to do with a custody battle, I do believe that this is just an unfortunate accident... just because my life is messed up and I felt like I wasn't going to be a very good provider for my son, doesn't mean that I didn't love or care for him," says Newton.
Investigators are looking at several different scenarios -- they're not sure if Syler wandered off, fell into a nearby creek, or was abducted. On Monday, Priem was given a polygraph test.
"I don't think that she would do anything to hurt my son. I wouldn't want to adopt my son out to someone that I feel would have hurt him."

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/flagstaff/syler-newton-birth-mom-speaks-out-7-27-2010

Not to be picking.....but I am picking.

"I dont think she would do anything to hurt my son" This statement leads me to believe she may not be 100 percent. Normal doubts.

Say if my sister took my kid and something happened I would be "she would not do anything to my kid. I would not ever doubt my sister because I know she wouldnt do anything.

I really want to comment on the incessant, possibly 'inappropriate'? laughter (video taker?) in that home movie... But I won't.

I was making dinner and was hearing the video. I couldn't wait to play it back to see what the heck was going on. IDK??? Very strange.

Hoping for this child to be found safe

I fear that this little boy is not alive, just as I fear the same for Haleigh, Kyron, Madeline, Lindsey, Patrick, and too many others. Hand-offs are mostly something we hope and pray for, but far more often, an accidental death or a murder has taken place.

But maybe this child has a chance, since there are other issues, clearly. But how anyone got him out of there is beyond me. I'd feel better about his chances if he had vanished from large, busy mall or someplace where it would be more feasible that someone who wanted him and had a claim to him, took him back.
I'm with you ~ totally confused how he vanished, especially now that we learn he was in the same tent with the two adults and the 12 y/o girl. And how could he have wandered very far, even if he did walk out on his own, without shoes? :waitasec:

Hi Kat the only time that I am aware of where a mountain lion would approach an area with alot of people like that is if it is starving.

We had a mountain lion come down and attack our dog on the front porch of our home.

When I came out to see what the commotion was about from the dog, there it was and it was not afraid of me or my boyfriend at the time, he is 6'5 and the lion proceeded to size my BF up and let go of the dog. We shot it twice before it ran around the corner of the house and died.
After an autopsy was done from the DOW it showed it was a young male about 1 1/2 years old and starving to death.... Unfortunatley I am sure its mother was killed and he left to fend for his self, cubs should stay with their mother for the first three years to be taught how to hunt properly....

Sorry that was OT but just thinking about what you had said about a possible Mountain Lion carrying Sylar off. I would think someone would have heard something unless he was further away from camp, but still I would think that the dogs would pick up his scent further away and have a trail to follow if this could have been the scenario about a lion. I do believe a lion could carry him off without much trouble, I just dont think this is the case here.....

Not to be picking.....but I am picking.

"I dont think she would do anything to hurt my son" This statement leads me to believe she may not be 100 percent. Normal doubts.

Say if my sister took my kid and something happened I would be "she would not do anything to my kid. I would not ever doubt my sister because I know she wouldnt do anything.

I'm reading it differently. I'm seeing the use of the word think as in thinking of the possibilities she is not one I would think would cause harm to my son. Because in this situation she is not doubt going over and thinking about the possibilities, just as we are.

JMO

I've lived out here in AZ since '74. Fires, Mother Nature etc.., can cause many animals to find new areas for food. I've seen and read about all animals from here in areas they aren't normally in. Even black bears in town. Currently I have javalina's, coyotes, hawks, bobcats, etc...in my developed area which isn't normal. Depends on food and other factors like weather.

If Sylar's scent stopped, I would think he had to be put in a vehicle with windows rolled up. If a bear or other animal had gotten him, the scent would go with the animal and him. But that's my thoughts.

Sylar was wearing only a diaper the only way I could see the dog not getting his scent if he walked away on his own is if there is a problem with the scent article.
Most of the time I read about bloodhound being used and not finding anything is when it has been days or weeks before they used them.
This case is the fastest I have read about with search dogs being brought in that I can remember.

I've lived out here in AZ since '74. Fires, Mother Nature etc.., can cause many animals to find new areas for food. I've seen and read about all animals from here in areas they aren't normally in. Even black bears in town. Currently I have javalina's, coyotes, hawks, bobcats, etc...in my developed area which isn't normal. Depends on food and other factors like weather.

If Sylar's scent stopped, I would think he had to be put in a vehicle with windows rolled up. If a bear or other animal had gotten him, the scent would go with the animal and him. But that's my thoughts.
I would also think if any animal snatched Syler that there would be some trace of the assault. So far I haven't even heard of predatory animals hanging around the campground let alone being a danger to the campers. MOO

I looked that Tina's video and noticed she wasn't wearing a watch. So how did she know what time it was when she last saw the baby?

Then I remembered..oh she had her cell phone to get the time...so I answered my own question. But im so surprised she was still awake at that hour. My camping days with the kids I was in a coma by then.

Then I thought of that darn zipper on the tent...I could never open the darn thing. How did this child get the zipper open??

IMO somethings very wrong with this whole story.

Praying for his safe return. :praying:

I'm reading it differently. I'm seeing the use of the word think as in thinking of the possibilities she is not one I would think would cause harm to my son. Because in this situation she is not doubt going over and thinking about the possibilities, just as we are.

JMO

I saw it as think=not positive. =possible.

Sylar's bio mom posted his time of birth march 17, 2008 at 4:40pm can someone post that in the astro's?

Heres a video on coyotes that attacked two children n NJ. My girlfriend lives in the area. She said the 3yo was screaming during the attack.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7528776

Thanks trigger. I always think of coyotes as a southwest animal. I know, I know. Poor little girls. That's something they will always remember. Like the bear that attacted our camp, most scariest thing in my life so far. No one was hurt though.

We used to see bears where we had a trailer home in PA. No bears ever attacked anyone thank goodness but they were always seen there. It wasn't until we all were walking through the woods when we spotted bear caves....

Can't even imagine being attacked by any animal..

Your right when you said he probably was taken in a car. I wonder if the people there heard a car driving by late at night.

OMG where is this poor child?

Thanks trigger. I always think of coyotes as a southwest animal. I know, I know. Poor little girls. That's something they will always remember. Like the bear that attacted our camp, most scariest thing in my life so far. No one was hurt though.

Off topic:

I never saw a Coyote back east but then again I didn't live where they are found.

I was surprised that there are so many different types of Coyotes.

I had seen prarie coyotes in one part of TX and they look like large furry dogs--for about 1.5 seconds, then you know you aren't looking at a domestic dog. The first time you see one your like--oh look it's a dooo---wait that's not a dog LOL.

But the desert coyotes look totally different and are much smaller.

Just an odd comment about them :) Nothing to do with Sylar's case.

Sorry for the off topic :blushing:

ITA. Wasn't there a flash flood near there recently that could have displaced alot of animals? I know in Utah the wild animals go to the campgrounds they know has easy pickings for food. Campers are careless and don't realize the legacy the leave for the next unsuspecting camper. A pet peeve of mine actually. A few years ago a little boy was attacked and drug out of his tent and killed by a bear who had munched on food the previous campers left out the day before. Bear figured there was going to be food at that campsite again and went back.

The only problem I have with the story so far is little boys at that age usually want their mama. He was already in the tent with mama right? So why would he leave the tent?

My initial thought when I heard about this sweet angel, was he was lost. Then, the bloodhounds losing the trail...I thought about an animal. I have no idea if the trail would be lost if he were not touching the ground? I think, if I'm not mistaken, that big cats go for the throat...so there wouldn't necessarily be screaming. :( Gawd I hate writing this. But, if it were a big cat, like a mountain lion, then it could have done that to him..then carried him off. Would there be a scent?

I hope and pray there's something else going on, and that he's safe with someone right now.

(respectfully snipped)

The only problem I have with the story so far is little boys at that age usually want their mama. He was already in the tent with mama right? So why would he leave the tent?
Maybe because he has not bonded with "mama"? MOO

It's Monsoon season in Arizona now.... Flash Flood warnings all over.

In Utah, we just had Bear issues in Payson canyon the last few weeks. Though attacks are rare, there was that one in American Fork Canyon... they do happen.

Coyotes DO attack small kids, there is just usually an adult right there to intervene.

Mountain Lions... I don't want to think about that.

ITA. Wasn't there a flash flood near there recently that could have displaced alot of animals? I know in Utah the wild animals go to the campgrounds they know has easy pickings for food. Campers are careless and don't realize the legacy the leave for the next unsuspecting camper. A pet peeve of mine actually. A few years ago a little boy was attacked and drug out of his tent and killed by a bear who had munched on food the previous campers left out the day before. Bear figured there was going to be food at that campsite again and went back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez