GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent! Did you just go out there and take pics for this case? Amazing pictures thank you so much.

I think that once you get past 50 or so posts you will find it easier to upload pictures from your account here at WS. I can't remember but I think you must have a certain amount of posts in order to attach and etc. :)

ETA: Those pics made me homesick, it's okay I'll live :)

No. Those picks are from Nov 2007. The trees near the creek would be much greener in the summer months.

I hope they thought to check the toilets, if your from Colorado and old enough you might remember how a perp took a little girl and sexually abused her then put her in a mountain toilet. Luckily someone came and stopped to go potty, she looked up and asked if she could get out. He is now out, but could be a possibility, sure hope they checked.

Arizona has had it's share of stories of fetuses and babies being found in campground toilets (nice, huh?). I'm sure it was one of the first things they checked.

If he wandered off, wouldn't they have found him by now?? How far could a toddler go? I am sure there is the obscure case where a toddler somewhere marched 5 miles on his own, but in these conditions and barefoot?

Exactly.

I'm just not sure what to think... If Sylar wandered off, wouldn't LE have found him by now? If an animal grabbed him, wouldn't that have left some evidence? If a sicko abducted him, wouldn't the other people in the tent have heard something, anything?

My hinky meter is going off..

One thing that bugs me is that "mom" never did say if the tent was open when she awoke... for example: I woke up around 1:45 and Sylar was missing from his sleeping bag and the tent door was unzipped" ... there has been no indication about the tent door..

Has there been any mention of "bio-dad" and his whereabouts?

One thing that bugs me is that "mom" never did say if the tent was open when she awoke... for example: I woke up around 1:45 and Sylar was missing from his sleeping bag and the tent door was unzipped" ... there has been no indication about the tent door..

Thank you! I thought this earlier..but 11 pages later after catching up...I forgot :blushing:

Yes....my first words would be...the tent was open and my baby was gone!

I have a hunch that the reason this info has not been released is because the authorities are building a case against adopto-mom.

Like someone said on another site.... "it shouldn't take more than a few days for her story to unravel"

I have been wondering this since day one... I can't even bring myself to let my kids use them. They are literally big enough for ME to fit in. It would be so very easy for a child this small to be in there and be totally missed. The dogs would never pick up the scent... some garbage thrown in would hide something that small....

Yeah.... the thought occurred to me and promptly made me sick. :sick:

I hope they have checked them.

IMO, it's a valid complaint. Those things scare me.

Has there been any mention of "bio-dad" and his whereabouts?

I read an article earlier that bio mom is in Indiana. I haven't seen any reports on the bio dad.

ITA..So many questions like how did she keep her cell phone charged? There is no electricity there.

Praying for this sweet little boy to be found

A.) Car charger

B.) Power inverter which allows you to plug a wall charger into the car.

C.) Just turn your phone off and only use it for emergencies.

D.) Have a key chain clock so you don't have to use your cell phone as a clock.

To be honest depending on how kids are raised can vary how they act in different settings. Where my son who is substantially older would not think of leaving a tent, another child may feel comfortable to do so and wander. So I am not willing to judge yet.

I was on this search in a civilian capacity and could never understand what he was doing out there all alone, but the little guy did it all the time allegedly, so I guess its all in how a child is raised.

http://www.lifewhile.com/news/4819921/detail.html

Just because a kid "does it all the time" doesn't mean it's a good idea...

However at 2 years old there are kids that are just simply fearless. My older daughter has a sense of self preservation. My youngest (the typical one) absolutely does not. We put chain locks on the doors before she turned two.

She ran outside in the middle of winter with no socks OR shoes on when she was 2. Through the snow and ice, towards the horses. I broke 4 ribs falling while chasing her. She didn't even notice it was cold, but fortunately my falling stunned her long enough for me to get to her.

There were 2 other incidents in the rain and dark before that, both in just diapers. Only the rain (the first one) was she actually "lost" for a half an hour and that was when the chain locks went up. Neither phased her, although she still remembers MY being hysterical about her being lost. It still happened 2 more times though.

She absolutely would have left a tent in the middle of the night at 2 years old, barefoot, in a diaper...no doubt. The difference being, we wouldn't have been there and if we had been she would have literally been hooked to me in some way. Our family reunions are weekend camping trips. We go up for the day, come home in the evening... don't stay the night. We drove an extra 4 hours to another hotel at 10pm because the one we reserved did not have a lock higher than the door knob.

This and all of the other cases, are precisely why. :(

Good thoughts tonight. I see we have alot of guests. Join us and help out!!!

I am still stuck on how did this baby get the tent zipper open in the dark and step over others on his way to doing this without waking them!

Hell, I cannot get the tent zipper open in the dark and I am an adult!

1-what was their physical sleep arrangement in the tent?
2-what size and type of tent was it?
3-had any of the adults in the tent been drinking/doing drugs before bed?
4- how did they find the tent door when they noticed he was missing? I would hardly think a two year old would zip it back up?

Yup I thought the same thing. I hope we get to hear the 911 call.

I hope its not like Misty saying her daughter is gone...door propped open...

Ok, So I posted the first part of this article. Now after you read it, tell me just how unbelievable that sounds, I know it is possible (anything is possible) but it just doesnt sit right....moo

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

2-Year-Old Syler Newton Vanishes from Arizona Campsite, Still Missing

Arizona authorities continued their search Tuesday for a missing toddler after descending upon the Beaver Creek Campground early Monday morning when his adoptive mother, Christina Priem, discovered 2-year-old Syler
Newton gone. According to ABC 15 in Phoenix, while camping with her mother and children, the missing child is believed to have crawled out of his sleeping bag and moved past Priem, her mother, and her 12-year-old daughter to get outside. The child also moved past a nearby tent wherein slept Priem's 14-year-old son and a friend. Then Syler Newton vanished into the night.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5628414/2yearold_syler_newton_vanishes_from.html?cat=8

Crawled?? This is the first I've heard of this, do we know who said crawled? I am curious because he was 2 why they would think he crawled. I would think it would hurt his knees more than his feet....

Weird.

Okay wait... this article which is not written by actual journalists as far as I know: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5628414/2yearold_syler_newton_vanishes_from.html?cat=8

References this article for that information and it says nothing about him crawling: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-brought-in-to-help-locate-missing-2-year-old

I feel better now.... I thought I missed something. :waitasec:

"According to ABC 15 in Phoenix, while camping with her mother and children, the missing child is believed to have crawled out of his sleeping bag and moved past Priem, her mother, and her 12-year-old daughter to get outside. The child also moved past a nearby tent wherein slept Priem's 14-year-old son and a friend. Then Syler Newton vanished into the night."

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5628414/2yearold_syler_newton_vanishes_from.html?cat=8

I just got in from long discussion over good wine and sunset -- bottom line -- at that elevation rattlesnakes do crawl into tents (because they are heat seekers) -- at higher elevations than where I am located the snakes hate to be cold and are active at night (just what someone earlier was asking - can't find the post right now). That being said no 2 yr old could withstand a bite without hollering and secondly "goatheads'' (if you are from the SW you know what I am talking about) hurt like HE2sticks and the ground would be littered with those too. This little fella did not walk out under his own steam MOO

I hate "goatheads" ! They do hurt really really bad when stepped on, not to mention flaten many a bike tire ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez