GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they said they talked to her by phone IIRC.

I wonder if they sent FBI from their local field office in IN while she was still there.

Also, I wonder if they sent local LE from that jurisdiciton to interview her too?

They probably won't tell us, well if they do it will be much later down the road.

JMHO. (was talking about bio-mom)

I think that most, if not all states observe the Interstate Compact on Placement of Children, so I wonder if "custodial mom" might find herself in some legal trouble if that was not followed.

I had never heard of this zpz1, and welcome to Websleuths! :)

http://www.hhs.state.ne.us/chs/icpc.pdf

I haven't had a chance to read it all yet.

I wonder was Sylar taken out of state (AZ, where he was born) to IN and then taken back to AZ?

I'll have to go see if I can find AZ statute on adoption, non-familial custody, and etc.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention zpz!

I'm just glad that FBI is involved. Possible crossing of state lines or country. I'm pretty po'd on the national attention that Sylar hasn't rec'd, but hope the bio mom spills more.

Things just aren't sitting right yet.

I'm dossapointed in the news that is covering Sylar missing. I live here (AZ). Sucks. I truely hope that means things are in the works.

I'm don't have any experience following missing children cases, but have been following the Kyron Horman case because I live in Portland. Can anyone explain to me why this child (Syler Newton) has attracted such little media attention, and so little attention on this board, compared to Kyron?

I'm don't have any experience following missing children cases, but have been following the Kyron Horman case because I live in Portland. Can anyone explain to me why this child (Syler Newton) has attracted such little media attention, and so little attention on this board, compared to Kyron?

I promise it has attention on this board. Not as much posting going on because the news is slow flowing. Alot of people are waiting until more things happen as most points of view on why Sylar is missing have been stated and restated. I hope Sylar is found and quickly as I always hate when a child gets a forum like Kyron's.

Well i am in AZ and there's not much out there in the media which I find shocking. I noticed on the sylar facebook page there was a family from Kingman AZ who were commenting on the lack of coverage as well. This is not the most populated state and you would think people would be hollering at the top of their lungs. The recent bigger news sensational story (god forbid) of the immigration bill seems to be the focal point of the MSM with regards to AZ and that makes me mad given that a wee lad is missing in the desert. I am not even hearing it on the radio

Day what? 6 or 7, and the Bio Mom is just deciding that she needs to go help? I don't understand that at all. I would have been there the first day, but then again, I would not just give my baby boy away to ANYONE. If you don't want or are unable to take care of children, there are ways to keep from having any!

ETA - MOO!

Headline News reported this morning that LE is going to visit local sex offenders' homes and question them about them about whether they "were camping last Saturday". They have also expanded their searches to look beside the major roadways.

(Lord have mercy. There is very so very little publicity about Sylar's disappearance that it is bizarre. Thank God the FBI was called in to help.)

Headline News reported this morning that LE is going to visit local sex offenders' homes and question them about them about whether they "were camping last Saturday". They have also expanded their searches to look beside the major roadways.

(Lord have mercy. There is very so very little publicity about Sylar's disappearance that it is bizarre. Thank God the FBI was called in to help.)

BBM
"Why no officer, I wasn't camping last weekend. Why do you ask?"

Give me a #&^#ing break.:banghead:

I'm pretty sure HLN is always behind in their reporting and this has probably been done already...

Does anyone know Sylar's exact age? From things that I have seen on the internet he was 1.5 years old over a year ago. So is he closer to 2 or is he closer to 3? Are the pictures of him recent?

Day what? 6 or 7, and the Bio Mom is just deciding that she needs to go help? I don't understand that at all. I would have been there the first day, but then again, I would not just give my baby boy away to ANYONE. If you don't want or are unable to take care of children, there are ways to keep from having any!

ETA - MOO!

She had no money, had just moved fom Texas to Indiana and had absolutely no financial help until a local church offered to give her money for gas. The money offered didn't come instantly as I'm sure it had to be approved by board members. It's a long drive from Indiana to AZ and can't possibly be an easy one under the circumstances. I know that there are WS members that have offered to help and have offered her places to stay as she travels. As far as I know she's doing the best she can. Please keep this girl in your prayers and try not to be too critical of her. She did what she thought best for Sylar, obviously a mistake... But hindsight is 20/20.

I was praying to wake up today and find out he was found. I know we all were, but Oh God,
I feel like I am on pins and needles, can you imagine how his family feels, that is unimaginable to me.....

Does anyone know Sylar's exact age? From things that I have seen on the internet he was 1.5 years old over a year ago. So is he closer to 2 or is he closer to 3? Are the pictures of him recent?

Born March 17, 2008
He is 2 years, 4months. HTH.

She had no money, had just moved fom Texas to Indiana and had absolutely no financial help until a local church offered to give her money for gas. The money offered didn't come instantly as I'm sure it had to be approved by board members. It's a long drive from Indiana to AZ and can't possibly be an easy one under the circumstances. I know that there are WS members that have offered to help and have offered her places to stay as she travels. As far as I know she's doing the best she can. Please keep this girl in your prayers and try not to be too critical of her. She did why she thought best for Sylar, obviously a mistake... But hindsight is 20/20.

I'm with you, momtective, although I can certainly understand people being upset with the bio-mom. I just can't bring myself have any bad feelings for her. Her choices might not have been MY choices, but I commend her for realizing she wasn't in a great frame of mind to care for Sylar after he was born. She gave him to a good friend to care for, whom she trusted. Had she not, we might have been reading about "another child killed by their mother" before this happened. I pray for her when I pray for Sylar.

BBM

UPDATE, Thursday, (July 29th Day 5) 4: 05 PM:

Last night, detectives completed contact with all sex offenders in the Verde Valley area. This contact included interviews and searches as necessary with each offender. No additional leads have been discovered as of this time involving area sex offenders.

http://www.prescottenews.com/?option=com_content&task=view&id=3765

I'm pretty sure HLN is always behind in their reporting and this has probably been done already...

In one of the articles yesterday that I read AZ LE has already interviewed the RSO's in the area, they have already searched the RSO's homes. I didn't read the article that said they were going to ask them if they had been camping but that doesn't sound right given the AZ media already said that LE had done the above. JMHO. I will go back and see if I can find that article.

ETA: Nevermind unless someone wants me too MsF has one posted.

Landfill searched for clues into missing 2-year-old boy

PRESCOTT, AZ - Authorities searched a landfill in northern Arizona this week, looking for clues into last weekend's disappearance of a 2-year-old boy who was camping with family friends.
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...for-clues-into-2-year-old-boy's-disappearance

Some of us had seen a ****rumor**** that was posted by a commentor on an article that the at the beginning of the search the LE had asked all the restaurants and businesses in the surrounding areas to look in and to monitor the contents of their dumpsters. (looks like that rumor may have had some truth to it?)

Now they have searched that landfill. Looks like LE is exploring all possibilities as they physically search for Sylar.

JMHO.

Some of us had seen a ****rumor**** that was posted by a commentor on an article that the at the beginning of the search the LE had asked all the restaurants and businesses in the surrounding areas to look in and to monitor the contents of their dumpsters. (looks like that rumor may have had some truth to it?)

Now they have searched that landfill. Looks like LE is exploring all possibilities as they physically search for Sylar.

JMHO.

I just heard on the radio 30 minutes ago that LE was asking for cooperation from local landfill(s) to keep track of/segregate/hold waste from that campsite pending the investigation. I think they said two landfills-- but I wasn't aware of this case when I was listening so I wasn't paying super close attention at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily