GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a better article about the landfill search with pictures. It appears to have been a big search too.

Search for missing boy leads to landfill

The search continues for 2-year-old Sylar Newton, who disappeared from a campsite at Beaver Creek Campground July 25. Last week, investigators combed through trash at the Gray Wolf Landfill in hopes of uncovering clues.

more at link

http://verdenews.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=37596

Search For Missing Boy Leads To Landfill

The search continues for 2-year-old Sylar Newton, who disappeared from a campsite at Beaver Creek Campground July 25. Last week, investigators combed through trash at the Gray Wolf Landfill in hopes of uncovering clues.

http://verdenews.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=37596

I can't get the quoted link to work, if anyone else is having the same issue I believe the above link is the same article.

Here's a better article about the landfill search with pictures. It appears to have been a big search too.

Search for missing boy leads to landfill

more at link

http://fwix.com/flagstaff/share/a3104cb3a3/search_for_missing_boy_leads_to_landfill

Okay here is what concerns me.

We can't trust what TP is saying because she already has a conviction of filing a false police report (IIRC).

In an interview she talked a bit about how that came to be, and her description sounds "off". We'd have to know what the court records said.

Then LE has stated that when Sylar first went missing she identified herself as his Mother.

Later on, she identified herself as his custodial mother and in the process of adopting him.

Sylar's adoptive Aunt stated "his biomom doesn't have anything to do with him she signed the papers over and everything" (note: that's heresay, unless she watched biomom sign papers).

So, we just can't trust what she is relating to be the truth.

We can find explanations for why she may have said what she said, but given that she was convicted of filing a false police report....IMHO we just can't trust anything she says. :(

I agree that all of the above sounds hinky. But, what could have happened to Sylar and how/what could she have done to him? IIRC, he was seen by other campers ~9ish.

Wasn't the 911 call supposed to be released today? Did I miss it?

BTW -- your new pup is adorable!!:)

I cant believe they are searching the landfill :( ... I mean I am glad they are looking at every ave. but I always hate it when the landfill is searched, just not a place for children.

So the friend called, the friend of Sylar's brother called to report him missing. I thought TP called? Hmmm

OH this is all that poor little guy needs, diverted attention from his search and investigation. I pray for LE to have the manpower and strength, I really do believe in them, so lets hope its not too much on their plate....

So the friend called, the friend of Sylar's brother called to report him missing. I thought TP called? Hmmm
First the boy called, then the campground host, who didn't have any details to give the operator other than the location. Nothing from TP. :waitasec:

Just heard the 911 tapes, find it very odd that the friend of Priems son called ....number one. Also.... the host did not seem to know one thing..... I don't think he ever saw that boy..... and did I hear him say "he arrived at night and walked away". Weren't they staying there, if the host is staying at the campsite and they were there for days, he would have the name of the camper at least. Something is not right here. When I have camped in Wilderness campgrounds, I never see my host except once a day if I happen to be there when they come to collect from the money box, hang the bounce on the nail in the pit toilet, and walk the campground with the rake dragging behind them. I am guessing this is not an interactive host that truly watches....shame.... but not his fault if that is all that is required.

1st call was from the friend of the son of CP

2nd call was from the host

2nd call indicates that the lst call was ignored?? (judging by the 911 dispatcher's response)

interesting that CP didn't make the call herself:waitasec:

That is never a good sign.

That is never a good sign.
Do we know how far apart the call the boy placed was from the one the camp host made? The only thing that makes sense is the boy's call seems to get cut off and she could've gone looking for the host who had a better phone or knew the location better. Why she didn't make the first call, though, doesn't make sense. It reminds me of other cases where the "mom" has someone else call 911... :waitasec: MOO

Here is what I've heard and it was reported in the MSM.

The first call was dropped or somehow disconnected.

Yes I agree it was a child reporting the incident (Sylar going missing).

Why? Why was a child reporting the incident? I don't care if the adults were "out searching", yes you can call after you search, but an adult calls! Weird, very weird.

Also if the call was dropped as it has been reported. And the entire campsite had been alerted to this missing child. Why is the host calling? Why didn't TP scream at the top of her lungs we gotta find my boy and I need a phone...I need to use your phone. I need to call 911....

Yes, she could have been to focused on searching, but I'll be a monkey's uncle if I had a missing 2 yr old and I wasn't on that phone screaming and yelling and creating general mayhem for LE to come and assist. If my call got dropped my butt would be frantic trying to get a connection.

There is something off about this whole scenario. I'm not pointing fingers I just want to know what the heck was going on!

(sorry I got a little excited :blushing:) JMHO

This was reported elsewhere but I was in a hurry to find a link

http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=83716

Around 1:45 a.m., Priem discovered Syler was missing and tried to call the Sedona Fire Department for help about 15 minutes later, according to D'Evelyn, who said YCSO deputies got to the scene around 3 a.m.

Now we know that a call went into the Sedona Fire Department by a child with TP. The call was dropped.

A call came into 911 at about 2:30 AM. That call came from the host of the campsite and half an hour later LE was on scene.

JMHO.

"Authorities were still searching for him Saturday, looking for evidence at the landfill, and investigating family members."

http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=12905029

it also says that authorities are saying there are custodial issues.

I read that to mean it doesn't have to be issues between biomom and TP.

It's probably legal issues. Dr. Know speculated about that earlier...wondering how long it would be before this was discussed.

JMHO.

I'm glad to hear they are now talking about investigation family members. JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily