Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was reported elsewhere but I was in a hurry to find a link

http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=83716

Now we know that a call went into the Sedona Fire Department by a child with TP. The call was dropped.

A call came into 911 at about 2:30 AM. That call came from the host of the campsite and half an hour later LE was on scene.

JMHO.
Thanks for the timeline! That is exactly what I was asking about. So 45 minutes had elapsed before a call actually went through to 911, and another 30 minutes until LE arrived. :(

Sheriff Steve Waugh and his Command staff remain fully briefed on the agency effort to locate Sylar. The search operation is evaluated day to day as decisions are made on where best to allocate current resources. Although scaled back slightly in some areas, the work at Beaver Creek Campground will likely continue through this weekend. Further details regarding the areas covered by search crews will be available early next week.

Two 911 calls were made, YCSO spokesman Dwight D'Evelyn explains, "The Sedona Fire District received this call just before 2AM on July 25. Following transfer to YCSO, the call was lost. The caller is a minor child and friend of the missing person’s family.

"The camp host call to YCSO came in around 2:30 AM. The host’s name and phone number have been redacted from the recording. Deputies arrived on scene just before 3AM Sunday as a result of this call."

http://www.prescottenews.com/?option=com_content&task=view&id=3775

I like this article as it indicates future actions and information to be released.

FWIW, now that we hear that a child was the one who called the Sedona Fire Department (more than likely on a cell phone) and that call was dropped we can hear exactly how little information that child was able to give the Fire dept. before the call was dropped.

IMHO the only thing the Fire department could have done was to call back the number of the cell, and hope that a connection came through. I don't see them not doing their job. JMHO.

it also says that authorities are saying there are custodial issues.

I read that to mean it doesn't have to be issues between biomom and TP.

It's probably legal issues. Dr. Know speculated about that earlier...wondering how long it would be before this was discussed.

JMHO.

From what I understand, if bio-dad is known he is going to have to either sign a termination of parental rights or the courts will have to terminate them before a legal adoption can take place?

From the very beginning I've said, I do not believe Sylar was at the campsite that night...now maybe he was there the night before, maybe he was there during the day that he went missing...but I absolutely do not believe Sylar was at that camp sleeping when everyone else was sleeping. I know it's been reported that there were independent eyewitness not associated with the family...and I don't doubt they saw Sylar, I just don't think they saw Sylar the night he went missing.
I don't think he was stolen, given away, or sold and I dang sure don't think he awoke in the middle of the night and wandered off from the camp. I think he did something (pooped his pants, threw up, misbehaved etc.) that angered someone so much that they hurt him, actually it angered them so much that they killed him. Just my opinion and absolutely sickening for me to even type.

FWIW, now that we hear that a child was the one who called the Sedona Fire Department (more than likely on a cell phone) and that call was dropped we can hear exactly how little information that child was able to give the Fire dept. before the call was dropped.

IMHO the only thing the Fire department could have done was to call back the number of the cell, and hope that a connection came through. I don't see them not doing their job. JMHO.
I don't fault the Fire Dept. or the Sheriff's office response time at all. If an adult had placed the first call they may have realized the call had been dropped and immediately tried to call back, or gotten another phone. The child probably thought help was coming when it wasn't. MOO

From what I understand, if bio-dad is known he is going to have to either sign a termination of parental rights or the courts will have to terminate them before a legal adoption can take place?

I don't know zpz. What is the statute in AZ? If biodad was not on Birth Certificate what are his rights in an AZ adoption?

Also there is the question of BioMom's marriage in the time frame of Sylar's birth. Was he born within the marriage? Even if not his bio child, he would have to be contacted unless he has already legally terminated his rights as a parent. Children born within a marriage are usually considered the legal child of the the two people in the marriage.

Is bioMom divorced? Sylar would have been mentioned in those docs. Either as her child solely or as a child born within the marriage.

I am eager to see what comes of this.

FWIW, and in my very humble opinion. Children are not puppies. We can't just hand them off to someone who says they want to give them a good home. They aren't strays. Legal proceedings must take place in the proper time frame and documents must be in place for an adoption to take place we can't just make an oral contract and spit in our hands and shake hands.

This whole story stinks to high heavens. Like Dr. Know, I think once LE gets all their ducks in order they are going to take TP (and possibly biomom) to task about Sylar and his welfare. JMHO.

and these children were allegedly in the OTHER TENT.... what are they doing calling? HHHHHHHHH INKY

I don't fault the Fire Dept. or the Sheriff's office response time at all. If an adult had placed the first call they may have realized the call had been dropped and immediately tried to call back, or gotten another phone. The child probably thought help was coming when it wasn't. MOO

I know we may never know this detail...but I want to know if this child called 911 on his own. Meaning he grasped the severity of the situation and called without being asked? KWIM? Why did this child call....that's going to drive me bonkers! :)

and these children were allegedly in the OTHER TENT.... what are they doing calling? HHHHHHHHH INKY
Because TP probably told him to call. Even if she was out looking for Sylar, her mother was there. I just cannot understand why neither of them placed the call. Also, most adults with any sense know to report a missing person to the POLICE and not the Fire Dept. Or maybe they told the boy to call the Fire Dept. knowing the call would have to get re-routed??? Something is just not making any sense here. :waitasec: MOO

I know we may never know this detail...but I want to know if this child called 911 on his own. Meaning he grasped the severity of the situation and called without being asked? KWIM? Why did this child call....that's going to drive me bonkers! :)
I would like to know the answer to that too!

Weren't there at least two adults in the group? Why in the world would you entrust a child to call knowing that 911 would need critical information to get help there immediately. It would have taken a split second for the adults to dial 911 and inform them so I don't buy that they were all busy searching and couldn't take a second to call. That's just grossly irresponsible. Definitely strange things surrounding this case for sure.

From the very beginning I've said, I do not believe Sylar was at the campsite that night...now maybe he was there the night before, maybe he was there during the day that he went missing...but I absolutely do not believe Sylar was at that camp sleeping when everyone else was sleeping. I know it's been reported that there were independent eyewitness not associated with the family...and I don't doubt they saw Sylar, I just don't think they saw Sylar the night he went missing.
I don't think he was stolen, given away, or sold and I dang sure don't think he awoke in the middle of the night and wandered off from the camp. I think he did something (pooped his pants, threw up, misbehaved etc.) that angered someone so much that they hurt him, actually it angered them so much that they killed him. Just my opinion and absolutely sickening for me to even type.

I am of the same opinion as well momtective.

Weren't there at least two adults in the group? Why in the world would you entrust a child to call knowing that 911 would need critical information to get help there immediately. It would have taken a split second for the adults to dial 911 and inform them so I don't buy that they were all busy searching and couldn't take a second to call. That's just grossly irresponsible. Definitely strange things surrounding this case for sure.

I'm wondering if the two adults were in the car(searching?) and left the young teens at the campsite?:waitasec:

Just wanted to bring his smiling little face onto the thread again. Doesn't he look as sweet as he can be?

Attachments

• sylar.jpg
    sylar.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 10
I'm wondering if the two adults were in the car(searching?) and left the young teens at the campsite?:waitasec:
I'll just say I don't think it went down as reported, with the two adults in the same tent as Sylar and the little girl and somehow Sylar vanishes without a trace. MOO

Was camping something this family did on a regular basis?

I just listened once again to the 911 tapes, now how do we know it went through to the fire dept? I hear the dispatcher answer 911 how can I help you, this implies to me that it went through to 911.... Some small dept's do their own dispatching after a certain hour, others have a Communication Center that answers all calls and dispatches, Fire, Sheriff, Police, and Ambulance Service. I think this was Comm. Center. If a 911 hang up occurs from a residence, they dispatch to that residence. If that 911 call came from a child, he said beaver creek campground and he said missing child..... That dispatcher should have passed this on and I bet there will be questions on this too. Whether or not the half hour wasted or longer would have helped Sylar is never to be known most likely, but this call should have generated at least and I mean at least a call to the Sheriff Dept. A CFS has to be done on all 911 calls, something is not right there either. I looked to see if Arizona differed than Colorado, I googled, seems LE goes by pretty much the same Policies and Procedures.

I just listened once again to the 911 tapes, now how do we know it went through to the fire dept? I hear the dispatcher answer 911 how can I help you, this implies to me that it went through to 911.... Some small dept's do their own dispatching after a certain hour, others have a Communication Center that answers all calls and dispatches, Fire, Sheriff, Police, and Ambulance Service. I think this was Comm. Center. If a 911 hang up occurs from a residence, they dispatch to that residence. If that 911 call came from a child, he said beaver creek campground and he said missing child..... That dispatcher should have passed this on and I bet there will be questions on this too. Whether or not the half hour wasted or longer would have helped Sylar is never to be known most likely, but this call should have generated at least and I mean at least a call to the Sheriff Dept. A CFS has to be done on all 911 calls, something is not right there either. I looked to see if Arizona differed than Colorado, I googled, seems LE goes by pretty much the same Policies and Procedures.
From link at post #382:
"Two 911 calls were made, YCSO spokesman Dwight D'Evelyn explains, "The Sedona Fire District received this call just before 2AM on July 25. Following transfer to YCSO, the call was lost. The caller is a minor child and friend of the missing person’s family.

"The camp host call to YCSO came in around 2:30 AM. The host’s name and phone number have been redacted from the recording. Deputies arrived on scene just before 3AM Sunday as a result of this call.""

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska