AZ AZ - Tia Payne, 18, Phoenix, 30 September 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well.... not so great news... :banghead:
Since it is an active case in Gila County... there is nothing my contact can do at this time. :stormingmad:

GRRRRRRRR, !!!!!!! active? who is the person in charge? will he not cooperate, or can he not? Im not sure but we need to figure out what is being done and what isnt? Is anyone planning on questioning K (more) gah! ok what now? Anyone?

I have had no response from Gila Gil- so should we be looking for a private dick named Gilbert? Gilberto, etc. Im really wondering what he has to say, WH have you had anyone call in the past offering help, seems easier to find you, just a thought, sunshine?

I have had no response from Gila Gil- so should we be looking for a private dick named Gilbert? Gilberto, etc. Im really wondering what he has to say, WH have you had anyone call in the past offering help, seems easier to find you, just a thought, sunshine?

Sloane,
Other than the missing persons detective contacting me to get my DNA late last year and the Gila County detective contacting me when they identified Tia, I have not heard from anyone. I have contacted AMW and HLN to see if either can offer assistance... just waiting....:please:

How disappointing, Wildheart.

I'm sending you love and positive energy. I'm hopeful this is just a temporary loss of momentum but that we're still headed to JUSTICE FOR TIA.

How disappointing, Wildheart.

I'm sending you love and positive energy. I'm hopeful this is just a temporary loss of momentum but that we're still headed to JUSTICE FOR TIA.

Thx Sweetie!! I am still positive and have Faith... Everything in His time! ;)

Sloane,
Other than the missing persons detective contacting me to get my DNA late last year and the Gila County detective contacting me when they identified Tia, I have not heard from anyone. I have contacted AMW and HLN to see if either can offer assistance... just waiting....:please:

Good move!!!!! any squeaking might help!

Wildheart,
I feel so confused! So, since it is still an active case, private investigating at the same time isn't allowed? Or is it that your contact is in LE and that limits his ability to overstep lines?
How recent is the police report(s) that you have? Assuming you have one... If it is an active investigation, does that mean that the reports are being added to, updated? If so, could you request a new one to see if anything is actually being done?
I know there has been a lot of movement in crimes committed connected to internet use- so hoping they have found something of interest connected to Tia's case which is why it is still active.
But I still have a bad feeling about K's story. Is the detective from the county she lived in/ was last seen or where she was found? I'm wondering if the other county would be willing to talk to you? Especially if in the rural area... I also wonder if the DNR/ forest rangers or whoever where she was found would be willing to talk about what they know. It may be seemingly inconsequential but could give a little clue...
Wildheart, if you are able to say, were you able to talk to FBI or LE agency in charge of the National Forest?
I appreciate your faith and spiritual beliefs, and wonder if you have taken this to a strong group of prayer warriors? When people come together for prayer it is much stronger, and can also help support you. It would be awesome if you could get a group together in a visible way to gain more attention for her case although I am only in the beginning brainstorming phase :)
And I agree, there is a time for everything, and He will bring justice when it is the right time. Stay strong, sending you my love!

GRRRRRRRR, !!!!!!! active? who is the person in charge? will he not cooperate, or can he not? Im not sure but we need to figure out what is being done and what isnt? Is anyone planning on questioning K (more) gah! ok what now? Anyone?

I agree. This is maddening.

So the lead on this case feels he doesn't want any one else impeding on his investigation. It must already be an FBI investigation bc an FBI agent could trump state investigators position/investigation in almost every situation.

I'm researching some avenues spirituallly/mentally with this revelation that it is an active case. This is at least promising as it is not a cold case in the eyes of LE.

This might indicate that Tia's death is connected into another investigation involving other victims that passed at the hand of the same aggressive/evil Perpitrators.

Very pleased to hear it is active!

Sorry to just jump in here... I was just going through my pictures on my computer and found Tia's...
I remember seeing mention of between Payson and Show Low... but I haven't been back to Tia's thread since.

I just need to know: How far from Show Low was Tia found and what month was she found in?

Sorry to just jump in here... I was just going through my pictures on my computer and found Tia's...
I remember seeing mention of between Payson and Show Low... but I haven't been back to Tia's thread since.

I just need to know: How far from Show Low was Tia found and what month was she found in?

I will map the exact location I had provided Tia's mother (based upon the exact measurements given to her from the investigator based from the roadways and mile/feet units) for you IN RELATION to show low.

Hope it helps! :seeya:

Gives me some mapping to do while suffering a bout if insomnia pre dental surgery in the morning argh!

Okay, thank you! And what month was her body found?
Just trying to determine if someone who lives in Show Low part time could be a viable suspect.
Nothing but the Show Low and EXTREMELY creepy vibe from him to go on... but just looking into it.

Good luck tomorrow. My little girl just had a tooth pulled, didn't feel a thing. :seeya:

Okay, thank you! And what month was her body found?
Just trying to determine if someone who lives in Show Low part time could be a viable suspect.
Nothing but the Show Low and EXTREMELY creepy vibe from him to go on... but just looking into it.

Good luck tomorrow. My little girl just had a tooth pulled, didn't feel a thing. :seeya:

Thanks for the luck :)

Here's the info:

"A hunter found the body in late July of 2010 while out walking his dog."

http://m.paysonroundup.com/news/2013/jul/13/murder-mystery/?templates=mobile

y2u3aqu5.jpg

Here are the distance/major routes from the location of Tia's crime scene to Show Low.

y6yde9a2.jpg

Here is a mapping of the area of Tia's crime scene. The southern most point being the approx lat/long she was found.

There are two highways that could have been taken - of course many SR roads too that Google wouldn't list right off the bat without me mapping them.

She was found according to the article above and info given by WildHeart:

"2.5 miles (SOUTH) off Highway 260" And "just 80 feet (WEST) off Forest Road 512, near several young saplings..."

So it's an hour and 30 minutes from Show Low, right?
And found in July... but possible had been there since April despite her date reported missing?

So the odds of a creepy guy who summers in Show Low being involved are slim to none, right? :seeya:

So it's an hour and 30 minutes from Show Low, right?
And found in July... but possible had been there since April despite her date reported missing?

So the odds of a creepy guy who summers in Show Low being involved are slim to none, right? :seeya:

"....(she was put there) sometime after Sept. 30, 2009. He figures her body couldn’t have been there before that date because a forest fire in the area would have damaged the body."

"Ratliff believes someone murdered Payne due to evidence of strangulation and blunt force head trauma.

Authorities found some of Payne’s personal effects, including a backpack and ID, in a wash near Tonopah, Ariz., west of Phoenix."

(So her belongings were found on the complete other side WEST of PHX well over 2 hours drive away from the area EAST of PHX where her body was found?!)

"Ratliff says he has some leads on the case, but is not yet ready to make an arrest."

(Can't wait for Ratliff to move in!)

http://m.paysonroundup.com/news/2013/jul/13/murder-mystery/?templates=mobile

This article is super comprehensive. Blessings to the author!

I have mapped the area Tia was found to Tonopah. Over a 4 hour drive if you have to take the route north of the valley. However! Shorter drive and route if you are going through the east valley route.... Which leads into the central area that concerns me.... Specifically east valley/Mesa area.

adutare3.jpg

I'm thinking scenario 1: that the suspect lives in between where her belongings were found in West PHX and where she was found in the mountains east of PHX. So that leaves me with whoever is involved being from the East Valley/Mesa/Gilbert/Tempe area

or

from near a remote area near where her belongings were found in the wash like the Gila Reservation maybe? But if don't think this criminal would dispose of her belongings close to their residence. So that puts me back with scenario 1.

Then again Show Low is far from both scenes and could aid ones "conspicuous necessity" and "geographic alibi" during disposal of evidence the further they distance the crime scene from residence...

So many possibilities. Ratliff, kick some major behind on this case buddy! We believe in you and are praying for you to have wisdom and safety during your investigation :)

My thought was that maybe creepy dude dumped the body on the way to the cabin.
The first time you go up to turn on utilities and everything, when he'd be alone.
But I'm not sure what month you'd do that if you were summering up there...

Looks like creepy dude still works and likely lives in Phoenix.... summering in Show Low.
Creepy dude's almost equally creepy son appears to live in Mesa.

Creepy dude owns his own business so has some traveling freedom.
Creepy son is a bartender, so works evenings.

Likely no connection because it sounds like Tia's murder is probably personal...
However, when I saw Show Low I couldn't help but go :thud:
This is the kind of guy that when you hear of a missing person in his area you wonder if he did it. :scared:

My thought was that maybe creep dude dumped the body on the way to the cabin.
The first time you go up to turn on utilities and everything, when he'd be alone.
But I'm not sure what month you'd do that if you were summering up there...

Looks like creepy dude still works and likely lives in Phoenix.... summering in Show Low.
Creepy dude's almost equally creepy son appears to live in Mesa.

Creepy dude owns his own business so has some traveling freedom.
Creepy son is a bartender, so works evenings.

Likely no connection because it sounds like Tia's murder is probably personal...
However, when I saw Show Low I couldn't help but go :thud:
This is the kind of guy that when you hear of a missing person in his area you wonder if he did it. :scared:

Well I'm glad you are trailing him ;)

He Sounds nefarious at best from all description!

Well I'm glad you are trailing him ;)

He Sounds nefarious at best from all description!

Have you ever met someone that just made you feel like you needed to RUN the other way?
That's how this guy is. It is just like having Satan standing next to you. Overwhelming evil feeling.

On the rare occasions I've been in the same building with him I won't let go of my children. :twocents:
I'm not the only one, most people feel that way about him. We have nothing to base it on but instinct.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maineguy1961
Back