AZ - Zane, 3, Mireya Henry, 1, & Catalaya Rios, 7 mos, dead, Phoenix, 20 Jan 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I may just be misunderstanding the document. On the first page, section D. It asks if there was a child victim and the answer was marked “no”.
Also, section C, question 3. DCS removed her kids prior for her drug use so why wasn’t any of that marked?
It is a redacted document though. Would LE leave those blank?

The probable cause affidavit just includes what the officer knows at the time. He might just not have known about the previous cases when filling out the form. I think the box about minor children being involved was a mistake or it’s not applicable in murder charges in this state.

Mother, 22, who confessed to killing her three kids 'was a meth user' | Daily Mail Online

Jan 21, 2020

Mother, 22, who confessed to killing her son, 3, daughter, 2, and seven-month-old baby girl 'was a meth user and the children had previously been removed from their family home in Phoenix'
  • Phoenix mother Rachel Henry was arrested and charged with murder Tuesday
  • Her son, three and daughters, two and seven months, were found dead Monday
  • Authorities said Tuesday evening that Henry admitted to being a meth user
  • She also reportedly told cops that her kids had been removed from her home
  • Henry was arrested after confessing to all three murder during questioning
[..]

The family moved to Arizona over the summer from Oklahoma.

The Phoenix Police Department announced that the 22-year-old has been charged with three counts of first-degree murder.

[..]

There was no obvious trauma to the children, and Henry claimed illness may have been a factor because the youngsters had been sick earlier in the night, police initially said.

'We are comfortable in saying now that the mother is responsible for the death of the children,' Police Sgt. Mercedes Fortune said.

The Maricopa County Medical Examiner will determine the causes of death.

JAN 21, 2020
Rachel Henry: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
[...]

The children have been identified by the Maricopa County Office of the Medical Examiner as Zane Henry, Mireya Henry and Catalaya Rios. Family members told police the children had been ill earlier in the day, a police spokesperson said at a press conference.

[...]

Henry had previously lost custody of her son and daughter because of her issues with drug addiction, a prosecutor said in court on Tuesday, KTVK-TV reports. ...

Henry lived in the Phoenix home with the 30-year-old father of her three children and a 49-year-old woman who is referred to in court documents as Henry’s aunt and the homeowner. Police were still interviewing them, but do not believe they were aware that the children had been killed until the 911 call was made, according to court documents.

[...]

Phoenix Police responded to a 911 call at 2520 East Vineyard Road about 7:20 p.m. on January 20, 2020, according to court documents. The caller, an unidentified female, told police three children were dead inside the home. Officers, firefighters and EMS personnel arrived and determined the kids were deceased.

One of the other adult residents of the home told police the children had last been seen alive at 2 p.m. ...

[...]

Police said in the probable cause statement, “Rachel admitted to smothering each child starting with the one-year-old female.” ...

Police said the 3-year-old boy tried to help his 1-year-old sister by punching Henry, “to no avail.” Henry told police she knew she had killed her daughter “when she stopped kicking” her. Henry said she chased the 3-year-old boy and was interrupted when someone arrived back at the house. Henry told police she spent time playing with the boy and took him into a back bedroom where she changed his underpants.

According to police, “As Rachel did so, she placed the 3-year-old male on the floor of the bedroom, straddled him with one of her legs and placed her hand over his nose and mouth. Rachel described singing to the 3-year-old male,” as he scratched her chest and pinched her. She told police she used her weight on top of him to smother him until he died, according to the affidavit.

[...]

... Rachel sang to the 7-month-old female until she became unconscious and died. Rachel placed all of the children in a position on the living room couch as if they were taking a nap. Rachel did not tell (redacted) or (redacted) what happened.”

rachel-milan-henry.jpg

[...]

One of Rachel Henry’s family members told police she had a methamphetamine addiction and “had been acting strange the past several days,” according to court documents.

[...]

Fortune said she did not know if the mother had provided a reason for harming the children and she said that would be part of the ongoing investigation.

[...]

According to her Facebook page, Rachel Milan Henry is a native of San Diego, California, but graduated from Prague High School in Oklahoma. ...

Henry studied to be a certified nursing assistant at the Gordon Cooper Technology Center in Shawnee, Oklahoma, according to her Facebook profile. Henry is unemployed, a Maricopa County prosecutor said in court.

[...]

Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego issued a statement on the triple homicide, saying, “Yesterday our city’s public safety officers responded to the scene of a heartbreaking triple homicide. Three innocent children lost their lives. This atrocity defies the realms of one’s worst nightmares. Our thoughts are foremost with the victims and their family members as they navigate this painful and complex time.”

[...]

... According to The Arizona Republic, Henry mumbled softly to the judge during the court hearing. She asked, “I’m not getting released?” after learning her bond had been set at $3 million. ...

[...]

Henry does not appear to have a prior criminal record in Arizona or Oklahoma. She is scheduled to return to court on January 31.

Last edited:
JAN 21, 2020
Friends left shocked by woman's confession to murdering her 3 kids
The question people may never fully understand is how could a mother kill her children.

[...]

In FOX 10's interviews with people who knew Henry for years, they describe her as a loving mother who adored her kids.

[...]

AR says he would help out Henry and her mom before her mother passed away.

[...]

"As a matter of fact, she'd even babysit my children," said AR. "I've never noticed any kind of depression or anger or hostility towards children or anyone else."

"I never would have suspected that from her," said TH. "I knew she was unhappy, but not to that extent."

Henry's friends say after Henry's mother passed away, she didn't have much left in Oklahoma, and she made the move for Arizona shortly after.

"For a mother to kill her children, like, it just doesn't make sense," said Patience Kuehl, a friend. "It's still just mind-boggling. I didn't think it was real at all. I was like, 'That ain't her. She didn't do that. This can't be real.' It's sickening, and it's very heartbreaking."

Kuehl isn't the only person struggling to comes to terms with the deaths. She has kept in touch with the father of Henry's children.

"I know his litter sister is freaking devastated right now because she babysat them a lot," Kuehl said. "Everyone is devastated. One of my friends is so devastated he hasn't talked since we found out. It's just crazy."

"There are other options. DHS aren't always out to be the bad guy for situations just like this," Kuehl said. "If you can't handle them, it's just important to think of second options, drop them off at a hospital somewhere."
Friends devastated after hearing Prague woman admitted to killing her 3 children in Arizona

Generally I’m able to separate myself from cases, not be affected, but ones with kids are rough, and this one...this one is brutal. It’s really hard to read. To imagine what little man went through and saw and how hard he tried to fight back. I hate this. My heart literally hurts.

Regarding motive....did RH (she doesn’t deserve to be called ‘mom’) think she was going to lose them again? Become paranoid due to the meth? We know meth can cause psychosis, as can PPD. But she seemed to have her wits about her - in fact she stopped when someone came home, and then proceeded to go on to finish....if she were in a psychotic episode would she still have that sort of cognitive function? I can’t tell if this was premeditated, from what I’ve read it almost sounded like she was playing with/wrestling with the one year old and then got the idea...?

Obviously no motive will make sense, because this is not sensical. It’s terrible. The fact that she thought she would be released....wtf?

This is one of the issues when families move states, that their prior CPS/DHS records don’t seem to follow and the new state is unaware of prior problems.

Attorney Hector Diaz told 12 News that "what's next" in this case may be tough since Phoenix police say Henry confessed to doing it.

"It makes it difficult because now you've got somebody in their own words, is confessing and admitting, 'Here's what I did,'” Diaz said.

“The question is, did she make that confession voluntarily or was it something else? Was it coerced by police conduct? There's no information suggesting that, but it's something you look at in terms of defending a case, especially when there's a confession: Was the confession voluntarily made?" he explained.

Diaz said prosecutors will likely focus on Henry's history of drug abuse and mistreating her children.

“One of the issues that the defense attorney will run into is: Can this person assist in their own defense or are they laboring under a mental issue?” he said.

In Arizona, legal counsel can request a mental health hearing in hopes of determining why something like this could happen.

”It really takes time in terms of looking at her mental health and looking at her history, and so it's a possibility. But does that mean she goes scott-free? No, she still is going to be held accountable, but it's different under those rules, those guilty-but-insane statutes," Diaz said.

”Why did it happen? And part of that is to allow the county to make a determination on whether or not they'll seek the death penalty,” he said.
Police: Mom arrested, admits to killing 3 young children in Phoenix

Eta: video

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member