AZ - Zane, 3, Mireya Henry, 1, & Catalaya Rios, 7 mos, dead, Phoenix, 20 Jan 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
'There's blood on more than one hand'
Oberman, who wrote two books on the subject of filicide, said many of the women who commit those murders are often isolated in their motherhood and have mental health issues or previous trauma. They may not have anyone to turn to for help and spend long hours alone with the children.

Drug problems may further aggravated existing issues, Oberman said. The isolation of moving to a new place and the desperation that comes with having no money or job would only make matters worse.

"Who would think it's a good idea for a 22-year-old that's new in town with a drug habit to be on her own with three kids all under the age of 4?" Oberman questioned. "That's her job and it's really hard, but she's not trained for it. No one is trained for that."

Dr. Carol Olson, chairwoman of the psychiatric department for Valleywise Healthcare, said Henry's history of methamphetamine use may have also been a contributing factor. Olson has not treated Henry, but noted sudden psychosis is a possible side effect of methamphetamine usage.

"I wouldn't be surprised if we one day hear a heartbreaking and distorted story of what she (Henry) thought a good mom would do and what she was capable of doing and this was her best resolution," Oberman said.

Both Oberman and Olson said it's unlikely no one would have seen a change in Henry in the weeks before the children's deaths. It's something an intimate partner or someone living with them wouldn't have been able to overlook.

"What I've learned over time is there's blood on more than one hand," Oberman said. "There's usually more folks who knew and turned a blind eye to the idea that there was a struggle there. It's amazing to me how many warning signs there were and how hard people worked to look the other way."
‘Harm was going to come’: Mom accused of smothering 3 kids struggled after mother's death

Matt Galka Fox 10 on Twitter
OKDHS provided a statement that read in part: “At the time of their deaths, the children of Rachel Henry were not in the custody of the Oklahoma Department of Human Services. OKDHS has been contacted by Arizona law enforcement and is cooperating fully with their efforts.”
5:06 PM - 23 Jan 2020

JAN 23, 2020
Court documents reveal a number of police and child welfare encounters involving Rachel Henry
The police reports from Oklahoma paint a rather turbulent picture between RH and Pedro Rios, the father of her children.

• In April, there was a domestic dispute call between RH and her mother.
  • According to police, RH's mother was upset about Rios.
  • In April, there was another domestic call, this one between RH and Rios.
  • RH said Rios threatened her and their then six-month-old child. She claimed he stole money and she was afraid he would hurt her and the child. She told police she would seek a protective order.
  • Oklahoma's DHS started doing welfare checks.
  • On July 4 and 5, DHS attempted to reach RH and Rios.
  • RH told DHS she was in the process of getting away from Rios, and DHS was in the process of helping to protect her and the children from Rios.
  • DHS officials told RH to leave her apartment, and that if she was seen with Rios, DHS officials would take the children.
  • DHS did another welfare check in Aug, after a report of the children being left alone. RH and Rios had been pulled over on Aug 28 with no children inside. RH was uncooperative with police when asked where the children were.
  • Two days later, during a DHS welfare check, RH had returned from the grocery store. DHS asked to see the children, who had been hidden in another room.
  • When asked if they were alone, Rios said he was there.
  • DHS told RH that she was not to be with Rios if she wanted to keep her children. They took the children from RH and Rios, and placed them with Rios' grandmother for a week.

Last edited:

Zane Henry, 3, Miraya Henry, almost 2 and Catalaya Rios, 7 months
Ariz. Mom Allegedly Sang to Kids During Smothering Murders, as Boy, 3, Fought Her to Save Siblings

What a horrific sight for Zane to have witnessed before he was her next victim. :(

Of course so many SJW will circle the wagons around her in her defense. :rolleyes::mad:

PPD, PPP, drug abuse, domestic abuse, childhood abuse and I'm sure I've left some out. Nowadays there is an excuse for any crime no matter how atrocious & hidious. :rolleyes:

Facts prove MANY have had problems in their lives at one time or another and overcame. NO excuses for this reprehensible act. MOO

Justice for these precious Angels gone too soon.

In July of 2018, a Department of Human Services (Oklahoma) welfare check goes unanswered. On the 5th, Rachel tells DHS she’s in the process of getting away from Pedro. They tell her if she’s seen with him, they will take the children 4/
4:32 PM - 23 Jan 2020

And in August of 2018 - another DHS welfare check. Rachel tells DHS the kids aren’t there with her, but then they hear a baby in another room. She had just returned. When asked if they’re there alone, Pedro emerges and says “no.” 5/6:32

DHS tells Rachel that wasn’t part of their safety plan and if she wants to keep her children, she can’t be with him. The children are taken and moved to Pedro’s grandmothers for 7 days until they decide further action 6/

I’ve reached out to DHS to try and fill in the gaps of what happened after. We’ll have more tonight on #fox10phoenix

YET another “mother” that prioritizes a man & drugs over her own children.

I'm confused. Where was the father released from? Was he being questioned by LE until Wednesday or under medical care?

I believe the OK reporter errored in his quote attributing "the family." There is nothing in the local (AZ) media that PR was taken anywhere. He was present at the vigil on Wednesday, and his Aunt (PRV) says he is still processing what occurred. PRV also indicated that authorities separated all the family and interviewed them separate from each other but no indication they left their home for this.

MOO

This poor woman. She is trying to do CPR on the babies and can't even get their mother to call 911. She had to do that too! :mad: MOO

Velazco described how she tried to administer CPR to 7-month-old Catalaya Rios while urging Henry to call 911. But Henry was “sitting by me, staring at her phone,” Velazco said. Velazco ended up calling authorities.

And the mother RH was allegedly a CNA in OK (trained to perform CPR)! Monster.

You are clearly blaming women for getting pregnant. Stop it. Condoms also exist, and many of these women are abused.

I am not blaming them. They want to be pregnant, and have more children. It makes them happy?

I just don't understand why women have more children than they can manage. Andrea Yates comes to mind, and so many other women, Dianne Downs, Susan Smith. Just recently, little Taylor Rose was killed by her Mother.

Just trying to figure out why these women have babies, and kill them.

I am not blaming them. They want to be pregnant, and have more children. It makes them happy?

I just don't understand why women have more children than they can manage. Andrea Yates comes to mind, and so many other women, Dianne Downs, Susan Smith. Just recently, little Taylor Rose was killed by her Mother.

Just trying to figure out why these women have babies, and kill them.

Because it doesn’t take any actual skill to have them. Making them is fun and giving birth comes naturally - it’s the PARENTING part that’s too hard.

JAN 23, 2020
Court documents reveal a number of police and child welfare encounters involving Rachel Henry
The police reports from Oklahoma paint a rather turbulent picture between RH and Pedro Rios, the father of her children.

• In April, there was a domestic dispute call between RH and her mother.
  • According to police, RH's mother was upset about Rios.
  • In April, there was another domestic call, this one between RH and Rios.
  • RH said Rios threatened her and their then six-month-old child. She claimed he stole money and she was afraid he would hurt her and the child. She told police she would seek a protective order.
  • Oklahoma's DHS started doing welfare checks.
  • On July 4 and 5, DHS attempted to reach RH and Rios.
  • RH told DHS she was in the process of getting away from Rios, and DHS was in the process of helping to protect her and the children from Rios.
  • DHS officials told RH to leave her apartment, and that if she was seen with Rios, DHS officials would take the children.
  • DHS did another welfare check in Aug, after a report of the children being left alone. RH and Rios had been pulled over on Aug 28 with no children inside. RH was uncooperative with police when asked where the children were.
  • Two days later, during a DHS welfare check, RH had returned from the grocery store. DHS asked to see the children, who had been hidden in another room.
  • When asked if they were alone, Rios said he was there.
  • DHS told RH that she was not to be with Rios if she wanted to keep her children. They took the children from RH and Rios, and placed them with Rios' grandmother for a week.
"Interesting" how it was stated that she wouldn't be able to keep the children if she was with him, and then she was the one who ultimately hurt them the most. It appears this was a very volatile situation and relationship from the very beginning. I wish they would have just gone their separate ways and that the children were put in someone else's custody. Nothing can bring those babies back.

Thank you for recognizing my genius :) It takes two to make a baby. It takes ONE to say no, I'm not having sex without birth control. That's what all those consent laws are about. jmo
Birth control doesn't protect us from STDs. The males are the ones who have the chance to take the first step into preventing pregnancies AND STDs, by using a condom. It's common knowledge that females, specially young women are pressured many many many times into agreeing to not use a condom. We could go on and on about this issue, but this is probably not the place for that. I just hope that we are all educating our children about safe sex and that goes way beyond condoms and birth control.

The aunt stated she had guardianship (or whatever phrase she used) for "doctor visits" but nothing "legal". I have been searching MSM because I swear that same aunt said something to the effect that Rachel moved in with them, making it sound like the children were there prior to Rachel. Does anyone remember this? Jmo

The aunt stated she had guardianship (or whatever phrase she used) for "doctor visits" but nothing "legal". I have been searching MSM because I swear that same aunt said something to the effect that Rachel moved in with them, making it sound like the children were there prior to Rachel. Does anyone remember this? Jmo
Yes, I remember that. I also recall that she said something about RH came to AZ to be with her children and she didn't have to do this because she (the aunt) would have kept them - they were happy with her. Something like that... MOO

ETA: This isn't the video I was thinking of but near the end (3:45 or so), the reporter says that PR had the babies with her and RH was just there to visit and could have left... :(

Aunt of 3 kids allegedly killed by mom in Phoenix home speaks out

Last edited:
Yes, I remember that. I also recall that she said something about RH came to AZ to be with her children and she didn't have to do this because she (the aunt) would have kept them - they were happy with her. Something like that... MOO

I've been looking for that for a couple of days. I'd really love to know how it transpired this aunt came into physical possession of those children. Nothing yet to back this up, just speculation. Did their father take them to AZ with him and the aunt needed some documents to care for them while he worked? All jmo.

Thank you for recognizing my genius :) It takes two to make a baby. It takes ONE to say no, I'm not having sex without birth control. That's what all those consent laws are about. jmo
And yet he didn’t say no.
...apparently condoms are just so gosh darn complicated and so much more difficult to acquire, and their efficacy is just so much more affected by things like drug interactions or times of dosing...

ETA: there are assumptions here that she wasn’t on BC. How does anyone know this? Just because she got pregnant? IDK but I’d hardly expect an addict to be responsible to remember to take BCP as directed. Maybe she was on the pill but missed a dose. And that’s where the male partner needs to man up and own his reproductive responsibilities.

Last edited:
I've been looking for that for a couple of days. I'd really love to know how it transpired this aunt came into physical possession of those children. Nothing yet to back this up, just speculation. Did their father take them to AZ with him and the aunt needed some documents to care for them while he worked? All jmo.
That, or maybe aunt PR took the children to AZ and then RH and Rios went there in June...? MOO

I think the Dad moved to AZ with the kids, then the Mom moved to AZ. There was the interview of the guy, who owed I believe it was a store/gas station who said he would see the Mom roaming around the streets ????

Police responded to a call in 2016 of her having an argument with her mother. The police report alleges they were arguing because Henry's mother did not want her dating Pedro Rios, the father of her children, according to police records.

"She stated that he threatened her and her 6 month old child," the police report said.

Henry told police "he took all her money" and she was scared he would come back and "break out the windows in her truck and hurt her or her child."

About a year later on July 4, 2018, a Prague Police officer was called to assist an Oklahoma Department of Human Services social worker to do a welfare check on the couple's two children.

No one answered the door at the apartment after two attempts.

The officer and the social worker went back the next day, according to a police report.

They were able to speak with Henry this time. She reportedly told them "she was in the process of leaving and getting away from Pedro Rios."

The social worker was helping Henry get into a different apartment to "protect the children and Ms. Henry from Mr. Rios," a police report said.

If Ms. Henry was seen back at the apartment or with Mr. Rios, DHS would take the children," a police report said.

Henry reportedly left that day and went to stay with a friend. But the separation did not seem to last long according to an August 2018 police report.

An officer was sent to do a welfare check on Henry's two children that were reportedly left home alone.

According to the police report, an officer stopped Henry as she was leaving a grocery store to see if she had her children with her.

When they got to the apartment the officers asked to go inside and check on the kids. She claimed she was evicted and could not get into the apartment. She also said her children were with a friend.

Police later found out she was not evicted and the children were not with that friend.

A few days later Oklahoma DHS called on police to accompany a social worker to check on the children again.

Henry claimed her children were not there until a baby started crying from inside the apartment.

Authorities found her two kids and Rios inside.

Her children were placed with Rios's grandmother for seven days.
Oklahoma police reports detail child welfare incidents with mother accused of killing her 3 children

I think the Dad moved to AZ with the kids, then the Mom moved to AZ. There was the interview of the guy, who owed I believe it was a store/gas station who said he would see the Mom roaming around the streets ????
This may be implied in the Rios' statement where he said that, among the million things he'd do differently, was never let her into his home again (paraphrasing)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back