Back to the Beginning: Where Might Kyron Be?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that is not flying unaccompanied. The child is not alone on the airplane, but rather is supposed to be sitting with an employee of the airline that you have paid for with that service.

That's not how it works. My kids have flown alone. You pay an extra charge for an unaccompanied minor and it does mean that the child is always in the presence of an airline employee, but there isn't an extra person assigned to them on the plane. The flight attendants look after them when they're on the plane and an airline employee meets the plane and takes them to the guardian who's picking the child up at the airport.

Respectfully,

#6 Kyron lured by a pedophile,dumped in one of the ravines in the woods near Skyline Elementary School

# 7. Kyron abducted,killed, buried,or in someone's shed, in the area of Skyline Elementary school

All JMO

Thank you. I am quite happy to have people expand on the scenarios :)

Are there any tour boats that leave from that area? I like the direction, Calliope and everyone!!!

Lots of Alaska cruises leave out of Seattle and might stop in B.C. There's also a ferry from Bellingham to Alaska that makes a couple stops in B.C.

Yes, the terrain here in the NW can be rugged ; which makes TES more of a viable resource IMO. Drones and horseback riders can be highly effective IMO.

As to an area to start, how about a new search within a 2-3 mile radius of Skyline Elementary ? The place where this child was last seen.....

The initial ground search for Kyron covered an area with a radius of 2 1/2 m from Skyline School and utilized more than 500 trained search personel from 17 governmental agencies, in addition to searchers from volunteer SAR groups, including Explorer Boy Scouts. A circle with a radius of 2 1/2 miles has an area of almost 20 sq miles. Increasing the radius by 1/2 mile - from 2/12 to 3 miles - would increase the area by an additional 8 square miles. Ground searches are very labor intensive.

I have no idea what purpose drones could serve. The vegetation is far too dense. There were reports of searchers on horseback on Sauvie Island. Horses wouldn't be of much value searching for a body in areas with thick undergrowth. You could be on horseback, step over a body, and see nothing.

PS. The "angry" smiley is not mine. It was attached to the post I quoted.

IMO, there is a specific reason why all of these outside agencies have been used in this case. Some of these agencies would be involved if they believed the child may be out of the country imo.

IMO

True, and I do think he's still in Oregon.

But if he was out of country, the perps had many hours to get him far, far away. The FBI wasn't called in until .. 7, 8 pm ?

The initial ground search for Kyron covered an area with a radius of 2 1/2 m from Skyline School and utilized more than 500 trained search personel from 17 governmental agencies, in addition to searchers from volunteer SAR groups, including Explorer Boy Scouts. A circle with a radius of 2 1/2 miles has an area of almost 20 sq miles. Increasing the radius by 1/2 mile - from 2/12 to 3 miles - would increase the area by an additional 8 square miles. Ground searches are very labor intensive.

I have no idea what purpose drones could serve. The vegetation is far too dense. There were reports of searchers on horseback on Sauvie Island. Horses wouldn't be of much value searching for a body in areas with thick undergrowth. You could be on horseback, step over a body, and see nothing.

PS. The "angry" smiley is not mine. It was attached to the post I quoted.

But, wouldn't hurt to go back and look, right ? This time of year here in the NW might be one of the best times to search ; the rain has stopped ; grass dies. The rains don't usually start up again until maybe November, and then it pretty much rains almost daily... So, right now is actually a great time to search.

Can the drones detect human remains ? I tought that was why they are used.... Horseback riders have the advantage of being able to cover a lot of ground...

So, IMO another look could never hurt. I'm mindful,though,that most missing persons seem to be found by hikers, joggers, or farmers out on their land....

All JMO

My head has been spinning thinking about this. I have it broken down to these alternatives, based on some things:

1. Only TH involved, Kyron deceased. In this scenario, Kyron would likely be within a few miles of the school.

2. TH involved with accomplice (maybe DDS), Kyron deceased. Kyron could be anywhere.

3. TH involved with accomplice (maybe DDS), Kyron alive. Kyron could be anywhere.

4. Someone independent of TH involved, Kyron deceased. Kyron could be anywhere.

5. Someone independent of TH involved, Kyron alive. Kyron could be anywhere.

IMO, The only scenario where it would make sense that he is close to home with any certainty is #1. With any of the others (the way I have them slotted in my head), he could be anywhere (anywhere including within a few miles of the school).

Going through this in my head is sad to me. I can see what LE is up against. I guess it makes sense for them to focus on the scenarios where he is alive.

Again, all MOO and all that.

IMO If Kyron is alive I have this in my head....

#3. TH involved with accomplice (maybe a teacher), Kyron alive. Kyron could be at the teachers summer home.

IMO If Kyron is alive I have this in my head....

#3. TH involved with accomplice (maybe a teacher), Kyron alive. Kyron could be at the teachers summer home.

Actually, that is kind of humorous. My husband is a teacher with PPS. I only WISH we could afford a summer home!! LOL.

Actually, that is kind of humorous. My husband is a teacher with PPS. I only WISH we could afford a summer home!! LOL.

teacher is mowing the grass and painting at someone's summer home.

Since I am not from that area Oriah I don't know the route that would be taken into Canada but how long does it take to get the Canadian border from where he went missing? There is 7 hours where no one knew where he was.

If it were a pedophile abductor then maybe he would travel the back roads like Duncan did when he came in from his own state into Idaho and went to another state with the children.

IMO

The Interstate 5 goes directly from Portland to Seattle, about 6 - 7 hours driving time.

I kind of agree about the river...and also agree he might never be found. But it would not be as easy to put something large into the river without being seen as into the woods, I would think. Seems like there is always action there on the rivers.

I've traveled from Portland to The Dalles along the Columbia River, and I remember there was steady traffic and people. I would think putting something in the river would be noticed.

If one pulls up Google maps and zooms in close they will see that, in addition to these paved roads, there are dozens upon dozens of dirt roads branching off from the main roads. For those on this thread (not you BeanE) who think that LE should be "searching" for Kyron I ask: Where should LE start? And how many manhours do you estimate that it would take to search a single mile of road, a hundred yards back on both sides? As many locals have pointed out, this is rugged, wooded terrain with thick undergrowth, and deep ravines. Kyron's body could have been dumped anywhere. In this terrain a child’s body could be a foot away from you and hidden from your view. Locating a needle in a haystack would be a piece of cake compared to locating a body in ten square miles of Oregon backcountry.

If LE receives tips that lead them to suspect that Tyron’s body was dumped off a certain stretch of road I am certain they will send out search teams. However for LE to blindly deploy search teams would be, IMO, an irresponsible waste of resources and dollars. Oregon LE has a tons of experience doing wilderness searches. I, for one, trust their judgment as to when it makes sense to undertake an intensive ground search.

This Wikipedia article about Forest Park contains photos that give a good idea of how dense the vegetation is the area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_Park_(Portland,_Oregon)

Given the terrain and the fact that the area that needs to be searched is huge, it might be worth while to have cadaver dogs search some of the most likely areas, beginning with the area around the school. There's search and rescue groups with cadaver dogs outside of LE that could help if asked.

Locally we had an 18-year-old girl go missing. Her car was found, still running on a freeway offramp, driver's side door open, blood on the seat, one shoe on the pavement. LE searched for more than a month, fanning out from where her car was found. It took a search and rescue team with cadaver dogs searching an area of rugged terrain about 10 miles east of where her car was found, and her body was found within 4 hours of that S and R team beginning their search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila
The Interstate 5 goes directly from Portland to Seattle, about 6 - 7 hours driving time

Don't know where the 6-7 hour figure comes from. It is 180 miles from my doorstep in Portland to a relative's home in central Seattle - just under a 3 hour drive on week days if I avoid getting caught in Seattle/Tacoma rush hour traffic. Folks driving this stretch tend to take liberties with the posted speed limits . . . . and some do it in less time. The trick is to make certain you are in the middle of a "pack" of speeders . . . . so the State Patrol can't come up from behind.

??

I had no idea Seattle was that far away from Portland.

It's about 175 miles to Seattle, and then about another 100 to the U.S. Canadian border. I was actually thinking of Portland to the U.S. - Canadian border, as that's where we were headed on a trip. It took 6 to 7 hours traveling as we were in an RV and the closer we got to Seattle, the more traffic.

Having traveled that route, from Portland to Seattle and then on into Canada, I was thinking in terms of someone, a predator abductor, taking Kyron out of the country immediately. That's how long it would probably take to get from Portland to the Canadian border.

Given the tremendous amount of (non) information we have about this case, coupled with an oddly similar call-out I had yesterday; I'm wondering if it might be useful to take a hiatus from trying to solve the case, and return to speculating on where Kyron might be physically located right now. In other words, an IF/THEN approach, leaving the IF's to a minimum.

-snip

Terri alone murdered him and left Kyron's body (sorry to be so graphic) somewhere on SI. She planned it in advance. I believe he was put somewhere in the wildlife/bird sanctuary area. Sad beyond belief.

snip

Given the list of possibilities in Oriah's opening post, I keep coming back to TH as the most likely to have been involved in Kyron's disappearance. There's just too much circumstantial evidence.

* the MFH 6 months prior to Kyron's disappearance.

* TH was the last person (as far as we know) to have been seen with Kyron.

* DY and TY were in Medford, KH was at work, and TH is the only one who cannot account for where she was between 8:45am to 11:39am. That's almost three hours unaccounted for.

* TH's apparent failure to pass a polygraph.

* retaining a criminal attorney and a family law attorney when she had been served with divorce papers. The family law attorney in that situation is necessary, but retaining a criminal attorney and no claims of innocence speaks volumes.

* TH's apparent lack of concern about her stepson's disappearance, as evidenced by her sexting a man who was at one time a friend of KH's. Who thinks of an affair when your child is missing!

There's just too many things that make TH the most likely suspect in Kyron's disappearance. But, if she is involved in Kyron's disappearance, I can't even guess her motive outside of hurting KH and DY. There's usually a money motive too. And, I haven't a clue as to whether she's killed Kyron or is having him held by somewhere, and if she's having him held by someone - who, where, and why?

Although I was initially hopeful Kyron was alive, I'm leaning more and more to the likelihood that he's deceased. While there has been abducted children found alive - Elizabeth Smart, Shawn Hornbeck, and Jaycee Duggard - they were all victims of sexual predators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila
The Interstate 5 goes directly from Portland to Seattle, about 6 - 7 hours driving time

Don't know where the 6-7 hour figure comes from. It is 180 miles from my doorstep in Portland to a relative's home in central Seattle - just under a 3 hour drive on week days if I avoid getting caught in Seattle/Tacoma rush hour traffic. Folks driving this stretch tend to take liberties with the posted speed limits . . . . and some do it in less time. The trick is to make certain you are in the middle of a "pack" of speeders . . . . so the State Patrol can't come up from behind.

Thanks for jogging my memory. I was actually thinking of Portland to the Canadian border. We traveled that route (5) with an RV and it took about 6 - 7 hours.

1) I highly doubt Kyron was put on any international flight... unless Terri purchased a fake passport for him... but I am sure that all flights out of the area were checked out (I would hope) and that any kids matching his description would have raised a red flag

2) If Terri killed him he is somewhere within 15 mile radius of the school in an area familiar to her

snip

above bold mine

This is my belief - that poor Kyron's remains are in an area familiar to Terri. Perhaps Terri's friends or soon-to-be ex-husband can shed some light on her favorite areas. i doubt that she explored them alone. SI somewhere.

What would be the point? Why send him to another country? Spend the money , take the risk, for what reason exactly, is what I cannot see?

ITA. The only reason would be money, lotsa money, and I don't give TH enough credit and smarts to pull something like this off. She wanted KH dead for a few months and she decided to kill Kyron instead, ,or, too, imo.

TH, imo, is a person full of rage and hate....and only Th and God know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member