Baez Files 8 Motions In Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
1. Kobi? Who I used to think was pretty unbiased. NG needs to bring him back because the more he has talked, since being retained, the more he contradicts himself from things he previously stated.

(respectfully snipped)

2. I thought it was interesting that all of the phone numbers that she needed were always in the 'phone she lost'; however, she told LE that she tried calling ZG from the steps of Sawgrass. Which is it, KC? Oh the web of lies she has weaved.

(respectfully snipped)

Great post, thanks. Wanted to comment on the two things above:

1. Kobi, yeah, major back-peddling after being contacted - so much NG called him on it; more so after being hired. Not seeing him, imo, because the last time I saw him on there, he was more honest, I think. I'm really not totally convinced he'll end up testifying for defense. Could be wrong; would be a gift to the prosecution who could use his own words to rebut his testimony but am thinking he's having some trouble trying to 'pull a KC' and spin a story and act like he believes it.

2. Not sure on the timing of 'losing' the phone v. making a call from the steps. What I am sure about is that the numbers are on the bill either way, whether you have the phone or not. I rarely see my kids' phones but I see the numbers they call every month. :)

Another conflict, iirc, was the alleged noon call on July 15. No record on phone not lost and no record on billing statement.

Does not matter either way, if they do not plan to submitt anything they don't have to provide it either. So maybe they don't plan to "try" and use it anyway. Plus I do not believe they gave anyone anyway. I know her ex-fiance said he would submitt to one if they asked but he said they never asked.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17483047/detail.html

"CASEY'S FORMER FRIENDS TAKE LIE DETECTOR TESTS

Detectives still can't shake the truth from Caylee's mom Casey, but her ex-fiancé, ex-lover and ex-best friend have talked and investigators want to make sure it's legitimate.

Sources told Eyewitness News exclusively that Casey's ex-fiancé Jesse Grund, ex-lover Ricardo Morales and ex-best friend Amy Huizenga all went through lie detector tests. Sources said they were conducted not because they were accused of anything, but to make sure detectives could confirm all the details of their stories.

Huizenga is the same friend from whom Casey's accused of stealing checks from. "

I think she is testing the waters with ALL of her "fantasies" to see which one people might be believing in the most so she can finalize her story line.

Agree and add to tsitra01: A really good excuse may be used in sentencing as a mitigating factor but it would not foreclose or excuse the charge.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17483047/detail.html

"CASEY'S FORMER FRIENDS TAKE LIE DETECTOR TESTS

Detectives still can't shake the truth from Caylee's mom Casey, but her ex-fiancé, ex-lover and ex-best friend have talked and investigators want to make sure it's legitimate.

Sources told Eyewitness News exclusively that Casey's ex-fiancé Jesse Grund, ex-lover Ricardo Morales and ex-best friend Amy Huizenga all went through lie detector tests. Sources said they were conducted not because they were accused of anything, but to make sure detectives could confirm all the details of their stories.

Huizenga is the same friend from whom Casey's accused of stealing checks from. "

Interesting that sources say this yet he said on NG he had not taken one. Who to believe? He said he would, but had not been asked.

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF

Stop this merry go round I wanna get off!

WOuld he like the prosecution to just do his entire job?

the title alone says, "I am an idiot!"

TELL me someone hacked the news website and posted a fake pdf file!

"Motion for production of favorable evidence"

this must be a joke? Ok we need a legal begal here! ever hear ANYONE ever ask for this?

It has got to be his job to determine WHAT is favorable to HIS CLIENT!!! I cannot believe he would ask this?????? What if they NEVER provide it because they dont THINK any exists? Does she get off scott free because they failed to provide him with it? WTF!!!!!

Ok this one is ABSOLOUTLY the most shocking!!! and I thought putting the car on a lift request was the dumbest thing ever to ask......

TELL me someone HACKED the news website and posted a FAKE PDF file!!!

What kind of exculpatory evidence does he think exists that he hasn't already seen? The only thing I saw were all those interview comments by her former friends, expressing shock that someone who seemed to be such a loving mother was in fact a liar, a thief, and the worst mom in the world.

Good luck with that, Jose. If you haven't been able to come up with anything after weeks of sitting with your client for hours on a daily basis, what makes you think anyone else found anything that would help her at trial?

He should beware of what he asks for. There may be few things she did that were favorably commented upon. ;)

btw, not seeing how they'd get results of poly because there's no court that allows it to be admitted. Statements, yes, poly report? Doubt it.

It's because one can request in discovery anything that is RELEVANT, whether or not that information is going to be ultimately admissible is a fight for another day. Discovery is MUCH broader than admissibillity. Hope that helps.

Chezhire,

Great post. I think folks are having a hard time understanding why Baez is asking for these things -- if you're not familiar with the litigation/discovery process, it can be a bit confusing.

What the heck does this mean...:waitasec:

"He is also asking for any information from investigators that would be favorable to Casey's case, including any information about any undercover agents and informants. He also wants to know if any promises were made to people facing criminal charges in unrelated cases in exchange for information."

"He is also asking for any information from investigators that would be favorable to Casey's case, including any information about any undercover agents and informants. He also wants to know if any promises were made to people facing criminal charges in unrelated cases in exchange for information."

Baez is looking for ways to discredit the state's witnesses.

He is looking for a scenario such as ---Billy bob gives evidence against Casey in a statement.

Billy Bob has been promised his marijuana charge which is pending from April, will be dismissed....

I am now convinced Baez is getting legal advice from us.

It was posted repeatedly yesterday that his motions were too broad and not limited to materials within the custody or control of the State. I had a real problem with that.;)

Today he has changed his language to reflect the correction.

Considering the stuff was spit out of a computer, he would have to have it reformatted to reflect the change.

Stop this merry go round I wanna get off!

WOuld he like the prosecution to just do his entire job?

the title alone says, "I am an idiot!"

TELL me someone hacked the news website and posted a fake pdf file!

"Motion for production of favorable evidence"

this must be a joke? Ok we need a legal begal here! ever hear ANYONE ever ask for this?

It has got to be his job to determine WHAT is favorable to HIS CLIENT!!! I cannot believe he would ask this?????? What if they NEVER provide it because they dont THINK any exists? Does she get off scott free because they failed to provide him with it? WTF!!!!!

Ok this one is ABSOLOUTLY the most shocking!!! and I thought putting the car on a lift request was the dumbest thing ever to ask......

TELL me someone HACKED the news website and posted a FAKE PDF file!!!

In other words, Baez has got nada, zilch, zip from his client and he is looking for defense possibilities.

It was reported someone named Randy I believe that was arrested on DUI said that his friend Dusty and (can't recall name - sudo boyfriend to possibly be at one point) (Randy said it was her "boyfriend") and Dusty at a party and they were mentioning "things" he made it sound like they were possibly involved. The "boyfriend" said they were discussing the case maybe and talking about possibilities but he said he did not know this Randy and that he was just a friend of Dusty.

There is another thread around discussing this very thing. But that must be what he is interested in.... blame game time.....

He knows dam**ed well that the prosecution has an ethical duty to provide him with exculpatory evidence.

But seeing as he has alientaed all of LE, he might as well diss the entire District Atty's office as well.

This guy will never be able to bargain on behalf of a criminal client ever ever again.

He seems to have forgotten he is going to be "Cooking in that Kitchen Again.".....as they say.

HUGE mistake...

Chezhire,

Great post. I think folks are having a hard time understanding why Baez is asking for these things -- if you're not familiar with the litigation/discovery process, it can be a bit confusing.

:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: It can be confusing for us at times, too LOL

We're talking about immunity/limited immunity here, I believe.

I am now convinced Baez is getting legal advice from us.

It was posted repeatedly yesterday that his motions were too broad and not limited to materials within the custody or control of the State. I had a real problem with that.;)

Today he has changed his language to reflect the correction.

Considering the stuff was spit out of a computer, he would have to have it reformatted to reflect the change.

ITA - it's pretty funny, too, if you ask me, since he can't even look up our :wink: credentials LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb
Back