Baez files motion for JG DNA report showing he's not the father 1/28/09

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You make a good point - I forgot about the court hearing where the Judge basically told him that he has to do his own leg work. I wondering if as soon as JB pushes the court to it's limit, and dragging things out as far as he can that LKB will start showing up as lead attorney.
She can't.

`
Want to know why people like Dr. Lee tear apart the prosecution's evidence? Because once the prosecution gets the results they want to prove their case, they stop testing the other evidence!

How would you feel if there were 3 people who used a car that a crime was commited in and your hair came up positive on the first test. Do you know that the prosecution could then tell the lab to stop testing any other hairs? If LE feels you are the one that did it and it was easy to prove you were there they would stop looking for anyone else even though you told them two other people used the car? They could then say "check to see if HER finger prints are in the car. Not, are there any other person's finger prints, just yours!

The prosecution could say in court that YOU were the only one in the car and they have lab evidence and finger prints to back it up! The jury would never know about the other two people!

Unless .... you had a good defense attorney who asked the right questions! They would ask if there was any other evidence submitted to the lab. If so, was that evidence tested? No? Then he would ask for that other evidence and have it tested. Ditto on the finger prints. Did LE figure out who the other finger prints belonged to? No? Well, then he would request those prints from LE and have them identified.

Come court day, when the prosecution says YOU were there and the finger prints and hair analysis PROVES IT, therefore YOU commited the crime, the defense attorney can honestly say there were two other people who's hair was in the car and who's finger prints were there.

He would then ask "did you investigate the other two people?". If LE had decided YOU did it and did not eliminate the others because they did not have that evidence evaluated YOU would not be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Is it starting to make sense now? This is a very common situation in our courts today and it is why a decent defense attorney does all of this "stuff" you all call stupid. I would expect and PRAY that an attorney I paid money to defend me to do this type of stuff!

If the prosecution is so afraid to test the other "evidence" and eliminate whoever else it points to, I would seriously question their case!

EDIT: Please understand when I say "you", I mean everyone who calls Baez stupid for doing the things he does and does not understand why he is doing them. NOT YOU personally!

Without a doubt, I agree with you 100%, however, KC's actions during the time her daughter was missing shows that something's not kosher. I could care less how this trial is played out b/c, in my opinion, I believe KC's actions have guilt written all over them! Having said that, your eloquent post states exactly what I've already informed...that Dr. Henry Lee and the Defense Team will do an incredible job of creating reasonable doubt. Dr. Lee is meticulous, imo. I can already see where LE has messed up. Yes, I'd want a good attorney if I'd ever encounter a situation that warranted one. Thank GOD my family is not like KC's and thank GOD I'm not even remotely friends with anybody that's similar to that sociopath! It doesn't change my opinion, regardless of how the defense goes about handling the evidence. I've never bashed JB - why waste my time? His actions belie his inflated experience. IMO, I believe it's someone from the media that put him in contact with his so-called dream team. Maybe someone that he's acquaintance's with - who cares really. He needs this case to make a name for himself, otherwise he's just a less than average public defender turned wanna be high profile attorney. Win or lose, he'll be known as a lawyer that can get some pretty good high profile defense experts together in a rather quick span of time. He'll stand to make alot of $$$ in his future, that's for sure. Everybody knows that big $$$ is to be made in becoming a good Criminal Defense Attorney as compared to a Prosecutor. Personally, I wouldn't hire an attorney that hugged me everytime he see's me (and I'm a touchy feely huggy kind of person), but then again, that's just moo. I honestly think KC could have killed Caylee accidentally, even if it was from negligence. Manslaughter would have been much easier to prove, even if it had to be listed as child abuse that includes parental negligence resulting in the death of said child. Definitely easier.

Doesn't Jose have enough to keep him busy... like work on a murder 1 case?
I so hope Judge Strickland reprimends him and 'the monster' loudly and clearly tomorrow!

I look forward to tomorrow. :)

will this be a 9am eastern?

will it be on dtv (fox insession) and wesh online?

will we be hearing the dragging sound of chains??:eek::crazy:
moo

Why doesn't Baez just get a copy of JG paternity test results from Cindy or Casey. Remember in the interview Cindy had with LE she stated she had a copy.
The time she said she went to a lawyer and had paper's drawn up just in case anything happened to casey,her and george would get custody of Caylee.:bang:
IMO, JB is looking to counteract/refute JG's testimony...like he may have a grudge against Casey (she misled him about paternity) and therefore is testifying "against" her. FWIW, I'm not sure those papers actually exist.

I heard that too. When I heard that I thought, did I just hear that right? Years?

Yep! Everytime LE drags their feet and delays turning over the discovery the defense asked for, it triples the time. After the LE FINALLY turns over the discovery (after the defense asking for it 2 or 3 times which translates into about 30 days for each request), the defense then looks at the discovery and that usually leads to more information needed because the discovery lead to new info and thus, more discovery requests.

For example, the discovery says 3 different hairs found, 1 hair submitted for testing, tested by lab A, and the hair belonged to the defendant.

Then the defense needs to ask for discovery on what testing was done, by what lab, on the other hairs and what does the prosecution know about who the other hairs belonged to? And so the visious circle begins again. It takes about 3 months for the prosecution to finally turn over THAT information after 2 or 3 more requests by the defense.

See how this works? Especially when the Defense wants a speedy trial and it is in the best interests of the prosecution NOT to have a speedy trial. They usually like to wait at least 1 1/2 years then go and offer a plea deal to the person in jail, hoping to get a "win" without the risk of a "not guilty".

So who's is delaying the trial into years? Lovely system we have, isn't it?

IMO, JB is looking to counteract/refute JG's testimony...like he may have a grudge against Casey (she misled him about paternity) and therefore is testifying "against" her. FWIW, I'm not sure those papers actually exist.

Also, the prosecution could make a stink about whatever lab was used on the other test (and believe me they will just to hold things up and try to negate whatever benifit the defense gleams from that test). It is better to use the prosection lab's testing for consistency and to make sure that lab turned over everything it tested or had in their possesion to test.

Yep! Everytime LE drags their feet and delays turning over the discovery the defense asked for, it triples the time. After the LE FINALLY turns over the discovery (after the defense asking for it 2 or 3 times which translates into about 30 days for each request), the defense then looks at the discovery and that usually leads to more information needed because the discovery lead to new info and thus, more discovery requests.

For example, the discovery says 3 different hairs found, 1 hair submitted for testing, tested by lab A, and the hair belonged to the defendant.

Then the defense needs to ask for discovery on what testing was done, by what lab, on the other hairs and what does the prosecution know about who the other hairs belonged to? And so the visious circle begins again. It takes about 3 months for the prosecution to finally turn over THAT information after 2 or 3 more requests by the defense.

See how this works? Especially when the Defense wants a speedy trial and it is in the best interests of the prosecution NOT to have a speedy trial. They usually like to wait at least 1 1/2 years then go and offer a plea deal to the person in jail, hoping to get a "win" without the risk of a "not guilty".

I absolutely agree. I believe the Prosecution is dragging their feet b/c they're still trying to compile everything together. I honestly don't believe it's b/c they're dotting their I's and crossing their T's...no way. I think they either know they need better evidence or they think somebody else is involved enough to charge them - which in turn they'd need to prove also. Shoulda went with manslaughter...shoulda shoulda shoulda. I've lived in Orlando and have heard sooo many stories of the OCSO - alot of which are unflattering...ie: drugs, racketeering, prostitution. Supposedly they've cleaned their acts up. I can only hope. If they can't clean up Orange Blossom Trail, then how can I expect them to clean up their respectful FOP? Bold By Me - but I'm not shouting. Just something to think about.:blowkiss:

If anything this whole thing will put KC in a bad light. She sleeps around, doesn't know who the father of her child is and tries to convince a guy who isn't the father that he is. Just proves she's a lying blankety blank IMO. Brilliant work again JB!:crazy:

I think that JB is going to get into trouble on Friday. His motion for KC not to be in court and Judge saying yes and then JB filing another motion for her not to be in court and the Orange County Corrections Department is now confused.
Separate from the legal issues - I have this vision of KC knocking on the glass and asking every single jail employee if she has to go to court on friday.

If she didn't want to go to court, maybe she should tell her lawyer to stop filing frivolous motions...or better yet, maybe she shouldn't have killed her daughter! Or at the very least, not reported her missing for 31 days!

ETA...or lied to and misled LE....or wrote hot checks...or stole all of her friends money...

Hey Marina2, check out what I found on Dr. Lee: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A05E3D91E38F933A05756C0A96E958260 This is some pretty interesting info. I am almost positive that based on the facts in this article, and the court cases I've seen in the past involving Dr. Lee (including but not limited to William Kennedy-Smith & OJ), that there will be a huge fiasco created regarding evidence LE collected and their methods of collection. It is my prediction that he helps to tear apart the OCSO. I'm tellin' ya, he's going to try to create reasonable doubt. It doesn't take alot to prove that since this is a murder case, knowing that the prosecution will have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. The fact that he already found more hairs and trace evidence not found by OCSO could very well be reason enough. I pray, if KC is as guilty as I believe her actions (or lack of) show her to be, that she doesn't end up walking. I don't believe that once you're charged with murder it can be lessened to manslaughter...or am I misunderstanding something?

Of course he is going to try to create reasonable doubt. That's what the experts are there for. As far as his leadership of the Connecticut State police goes, that's not something I would brag about if I were him. Since the OJ and Kennedy rape trial he's lost a lot of credibility and he'll be torn apart as well. They'll all attempt to tear each other to shreds, no question about it. That's the name of the game.

The hairs that Lee found will certainly be questionable to the jury in light of his recent fiascos. I hope for him that LE didn't anticipate him planting evidence and have measures in place to prove this. The Connecticut State Police dept. are notorious for this and Lee is not without question as far as handling evidence goes.

Lee may not even be called to testify. He examined Laci's remains. I guess he wasn't able to create reasonable doubt because they didn't even call him to the stand.

I don't think the murder charge can be lessened to manslaughter. I think LE was confident enough in their case that they didn't even consider a manslaughter charge. Don't worry, KC won't walk even with Dr. Lee on the stand.

She will probably rub her eyes and say she's getting a cold....just like she did during her parents visit when she lost it and was trying to make them feel bad about not bailing her out...poor thing...not!

Of course he is going to try to create reasonable doubt. That's what the experts are there for. As far as his leadership of the Connecticut State police goes, that's not something I would brag about if I were him. Since the OJ and Kennedy rape trial he's lost a lot of credibility and he'll be torn apart as well. They'll all attempt to tear each other to shreds, no question about it. That's the name of the game.

The hairs that Lee found will certainly be questionable to the jury in light of his recent fiascos. I hope for him that LE didn't anticipate him planting evidence and have measures in place to prove this. The Connecticut State Police dept. are notorious for this and Lee is not without question as far as handling evidence goes.

Lee may not even be called to testify. He examined Laci's remains. I guess he wasn't able to create reasonable doubt because they didn't even call him to the stand.

I don't think the murder charge can be lessened to manslaughter. I think LE was confident enough in their case that they didn't even consider a manslaughter charge. Don't worry, KC won't walk even with Dr. Lee on the stand.

Bold By Me. I really hope you're right b/c at this precise moment I'm thinking that OCSO needs to come up with something more concrete besides just proving that somebody from the A family could have done this, or that some evidence can be traced back to their house. KC is the one on trial. I believe Dr. Lee is an incredibly intelligent forensic scientist, however, he withoutadoubt lost some credibility in my eyes. But still, it would need to be proven beyond any reasonable doubt that the prisoner soon to go to trial is actually the guilty perp. The fact that she was out galavanting, sleeping around, and told LE blatant lies is all circumstantial. Even though lying to a police officer is against the law, it's still circumstantial in a murder trial. I hope the FBI Lab that was used has never had a mishap, I hope it can't be shown that the OCSO jeopardized the evidence, I hope LE isn't guilty of releasing official docs to the media before supplying said info to the defense, I hope LE followed up on every single lead that came into them in order to say they exhausted all avenues before finding KC needed to be charged with murder as compared to child abuse via negligence...I hope I hope I hope. FYI - One of my very good friends is related to the girl that was raped by WKS. She was raped, no matter what the forensic expert said, and that rapist is still rich and free and walking all over the world as we speak. $$$ = freedom most of the time. When the defense can come up with a multi million dollar panel of experts, my bet is to follow the money. Money creates reasonable doubt. Makes me sick. I very much hope you're right and this sucka doesn't walk!

Jersey Girl, your right about the money factor as far as acquittals go.
SP didn't have money like OJ and WKS and he's on death row. KC doesn't have that kind of money either. Spector had money but because of Lee's activities he only got a mistrial. Another is the celebrity factor. OJ and anyone named Kennedy had or have a large fan base. KC doesn't have this in her favor.
I wouldn't worry about the murder charge as opposed to them charging her with negligent child abuse. She is also charged with aggravated child abuse which will net her a life sentence if convicted.

Do we know this for a fact? How come we didn't get them? Privacy issues perhaps?

I don't think we've seen any list yet of items they have swabbed for dna or the results of those swabs either, or have we and I missed it?

The defense has to get all of the evidence. It's about "discovery."

We haven't got all of the evidence.

PCR is a great DNA testing method, however it's too common...not clear or broad enough to trace everything on every level. Again, look at what a fiasco the DNA testing created in OJ's trial. IMO, OJ was guilty as heck...however he was only found guilty in his civil trial and not his criminal trial. Civil court doesn't require as much evidence. Criminal trials, especially murder trials, require all evidence to be supplied and guilt needs to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. It makes me sick to say this but I'm really hoping & praying that LE has better evidence than what's been supplied, otherwise, they might have done better if going after KC for manslaughter instead. Again, I believe she's guilty as h.e.doubletoothpicks but it still needs to be proved with facts beyond any reasonable doubt. That's what Dr. lee is so extremely good at. Makes me ralph...ralf...hurl...upchuck...vomit - you get the drift!

You mean blow? Technicolor yawn? Talking on the great white phone? ;-)

Is anyone else hearing the song, "Billie Jean" in their head? Just me? okay.

I wouldn't want any other.

Although I doubt that Baez is going to win on this new DNA motion, if he DOES prevail, it might provide some interesting insight to see those DNA results.

Insight? We already know how it came out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back