Baez files motion for JG DNA report showing he's not the father 1/28/09

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What I see is that KC has a right to a speedy trial. JB is going to argue that KC's right to a speedy trial was denied because he couldn't get discovery in a timely manner. Does that make sense.

Didn't JB already request this fingerprint evidence on prior occasions? Why hasn't the State turned over the information as ordered by the court? IIRC, the State had 20days to turn this over. The 20 days is up and yet JB has to file yet another motion for the same stuff?

JG gave LE a copy of his DNA report. JB gets a copy. Plain and simple. It does not matter what he wants it for, or if it will ever be introduced at trial, he is entitled to it. The State is delaying the production of evidence.

I know everyone thinks JB is a scoundrel, but I don't. He is doing his job.

Didn't JB already request this fingerprint evidence on prior occasions? Why hasn't the State turned over the information as ordered by the court? IIRC, the State had 20days to turn this over. The 20 days is up and yet JB has to file yet another motion for the same stuff?

JG gave LE a copy of his DNA report. JB gets a copy. Plain and simple. It does not matter what he wants it for, or if it will ever be introduced at trial, he is entitled to it. The State is delaying the production of evidence.

He did ask for it, I think (someone can correct me if I am wrong) that the FBI has the DNA, not the SA.

I can't agree with you regarding JB because of his relationship with Todd Black and some of the nefarious releases done by Todd on behalf of JB. I also can't agree with you because JB has made a series of mistakes and one such mistake was not opting to take advantage of a plea early on. He has boxed her in on the ZG theory and forensics doesn't bolster his case one bit from what I see.

Nevertheless, I will agree that I am concerned about the lack of timely discovery release. There shouldn't be a reason that Baez has to constantly motion for release and it concerns me that suddenly a video visit appears.

A prime example is look at the way they made Mark Fuhrman look in OJ's trial. I, myself, was embarassed for him. The prosecuting team was made to look like fools. The defense's experts tore the prosecution apart, they created loopholes, and in turn presented proof of reasonable doubt. Remember, we are all only human, therefore we make mistakes, no matter how miniscule. The defense might only need a microscopic miniscule minor mistake to use against the prosecution...therefore creating reasonable doubt.

There were many things that helped acquit OJ besides the experts.
OJ was famous and well liked prior to his trial. A predominately black jury (9-3) who, it was said, understood what LE were capable of, worked in his favor. Add in Johnnie Cochran and Mark Fuhrman. KC has none of this going for her. She is public enemy number 1 (Baez words, not mine) before she even stands trial. I don't think we have to worry about a repeat of the OJ trial here.

ETA: OJ had a totally incompetent prosecutor, not so with with KC. DNA has come a long way since 1995. It was relatively new back then.

I find this odd for multiple reasons. One being that GA said they had a copy of the paternity test that JG gave them. Why not use that copy? It belongs to Casey.

Another thought came to me also. What if it was JG's laundry bag Caylee was in? What if Casey stole it and used it? :eek:

:eek: She did shower there that morning, out of the blue!! :eek:

The pings don't bolster JG's account of that shower. It shows here there at something like 10:30 like he said but then the pings show her leaving and going to AL's area and then to Blanchard park. She returns later. This doesn't fit the story he told of her coming there and staying til after his roommate comes home and they all hang out til 1 or 2. Of course he threw in that she left the shower door open or something, almost seemingly covering for her that all was normal.

If I recall correctly.

Just an aside.

What I see is that KC has a right to a speedy trial. JB is going to argue that KC's right to a speedy trial was denied because he couldn't get discovery in a timely manner. Does that make sense.

JB waived that right on KC's behalf the morning Caylee's remains were found, just before it hit the news...ironic, huh?

The pings don't bolster JG's account of that shower. It shows here there at something like 10:30 like he said but then the pings show her leaving and going to AL's area and then to Blanchard park. She returns later. This doesn't fit the story he told of her coming there and staying til after his roommate comes home and they all hang out til 1 or 2. Of course he threw in that she left the shower door open or something, almost seemingly covering for her that all was normal.

If I recall correctly.

Just an aside.

I never heard that Broderick. I wonder why he would say that. Maybe he didn't know she left and came back. Didn't he leave her there at some point 'til the roomate came home? Maybe thought she was there the whole time and had no reason to question it??

The pings don't bolster JG's account of that shower. It shows here there at something like 10:30 like he said but then the pings show her leaving and going to AL's area and then to Blanchard park. She returns later. This doesn't fit the story he told of her coming there and staying til after his roommate comes home and they all hang out til 1 or 2. Of course he through in that she left the shower door open or something, almost seemingly covering for her that all was normal.

If I recall correctly.

Just an aside.

ohhh, I didn't know that. There's still a possibility that she may have stolen a laundry bag from his house, though, right? :confused:

I may be psyching myself out here, but in the very beginning of this case, I vaugely remember someone mentioning KC doing laundry somewhere. Anyone remember this, or am I imaginaing things? I wonder if she might have taken a laundry bag from that person, if in fact that did occur. On the other hand, she did have laundry detergent in her trunk, so she likely had other laundry supplies with her-including a laundry bag. Just throwing stuff out there...

Lee didn't plant evidence, he concealed evidence. He was seen picking up and concealing an acrylic finger nail in the foyer of Spector's mansion. The judge concluded that Lee hid or destroyed evidence from Lana's death scene.

He should not be allowed to be an expert witness.

I just don't get it.

What possible use is the paternity test? She did it because she's promiscuous and don't know who the father is?

It seems that caseys relationships went from week to week and she juggled guys inbetween. She really may not know who Caylees dad is.:waitasec:
moo
imo, baez is just stalling. Or maybe he doesn't really know how to handle this case.:waitasec:
moo again

That was my thought. She easily could have taken something, anything from his apartment while she was there.

JG also said that when she showed up it didn't look like she needed a shower.

Just some thoughts I had after reading the motion. KC would know if anything from JG's was with Caylee, it could have been a setup from the beginning. It really wouldn't surprise me in this case.

Also, like I said, GA said after Jesse showed them the test that proved he wasn't the baby daddy he gave them a copy of the results. GA said they still had those results. I thought it was weird at the time because why would you keep something proving who isn't the daddy? :waitasec:

This whole case is making me :crazy:

ohhh, I didn't know that. There's still a possibility that she may have stolen a laundry bag from his house, though, right? :confused:

I may be psyching myself out here, but in the very beginning of this case, I vaugely remember someone mentioning KC doing laundry somewhere. Anyone remember this, or am I imaginaing things? I wonder if she might have taken a laundry bag from that person, if in fact that did occur. On the other hand, she did have laundry detergent in her trunk, so she likely had other laundry supplies with her-including a laundry bag. Just throwing stuff out there...

RM said that in his statement. Another one I can see being framed up to take the wrap by KC and the Sunshine Band....

I agree. It's the first thing I thought of when I read the docs. I was amazed at much hair was found after Lee examined the trunk. Not only the amount but where it was found...the pizza box, an empty soda bottle?
I would expect CSI to be especially vigilant when looking for evidence on these items. It seems doubtful to me that they would miss a hair.

I can't wait to see who they belong too. Probably TL, JG, AH, and an unknown dead person as evidenced by the death band found at the root end!

IIRC (if this is the garbage bag)---the bag was taken from tonE house....he was surprised that she took it...so possibly their hairs would be there?

All this from the lawyer who argued against the State's Motion for a Gag Order on this case.
A lawyer, who when told he can have access to the crime scene(after whining he couldn't get on) said "No Thanks" and now has a motion filed against the land owner because he want's access to the crime scene.

Is this inexperience, stupidity, PR stunt.? Whatever the reason for all this Mr Baez comes across as a lawyer in over his head and it seems has become too emotional..JMO

Can a Judge (say Strickland) put his foot down when he sees an inexperienced lawyer as JB making foolish motions for whatever reasons and put an end to them?

He should not be allowed to be an expert witness.

That's why Baez should be very careful about attacking the prosecution's expert witnesses without foundation. He could open up a huge can of worms for himself.

I never heard that Broderick. I wonder why he would say that. Maybe he didn't know she left and came back. Didn't he leave her there at some point 'til the roomate came home? Maybe thought she was there the whole time and had no reason to question it??

Bold by me. I thought I heard / read the same exact thing. So why the discrepancy in pings...unless there's a mistruth?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88
Back