Baez Lashes out at Investigators-UPDATE Allegations of Evidence Tampering

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does a judge on a high profile case like this get media reports from their law clerks? I wonder if Strickland is aware of everything that's been going on. It does seem like JB should be sanctioned for telling such outlandish tales, but I don't know the legalities.

I wish the DA's office would file a motion to have the Court reconsider the decison on the gag order.

It really does seem quite prejudicial. People who are not following this case and have an anti-LE bent could take JB at this word.

lol, funny!

seriously, do they really care so little about their reputations?

but, i can see this working on a few people, some people have said they should have been allowed in. that scares me some, because it only takes one person.

slightly ot - do you think this will help or hurt baez' career?

My honest opinion is that this will hurt this man's career. If this is the best that he can do for his client is to try and smear LE and the FBI that is a bad sign. This man has repeatedly told the public and the press once Caylee is found we will all understand, okay we are waiting on the explanation, because obviously he believes the body is Caylee because he wants to investigate the crime scene so badly eventhough a positive id has yet to be determined. Do I think this will hurt his career? Yes.

He's already tried to battle this out in court... and LOST. Now he thinks he can turn the public sympathetic with him?!? He's turning them away in droves!

Keep it up JB... you're only proving to the world what we already know...

His whining and out-of-court grandstanding is just a smoke screen to hide the fact that he has very little to defend his client, so his only defense strategy is to prosecute the prosecution and LE.

Baez first says the crime scene is ruined but then complains he hasn't even been able to see it, so how does he know it's ruined? That's one problem with his statement. The other one is his warning that "The Baez Law Firm" won't be going to the crime scene (because investigators ruined it, something he knows even though he hasn't been there?). The only rationale for this absurd release is to taint the jury pool by making them *think* that defense counsel somehow has a right to be on the crime scene (even when it's not clear who the victim is) at the same time as law enforcement. If potential jurors think defense counsel has such a right, then they might think "Well, Casey was prevented from defending herself when her attorney was denied his right to the crime scene."

Or...Baez could be setting the stage for trial when he calls an expert witness and during questioning the witness says "I can't answer that question" and Baez gratuitously then asks, "Why is that" and the expert says "Because I was denied the right to be at the crime scene." Rather than having to yell "objection", prosecutors should make sure the judge and all parties are clear that jurors are NOT to be instructed that any person was denied access to the crime scene and ALL issues involving such rights (and whether they were "denied") should be resolved BEFORE trial out of the presence of the jury.

He's been running his mouth re: the JUDGE's ruling every since the first one was handed down last week so why doesn't JS slap a gag order on him?..I don't get it & if there's some other legal action/punishment that applies here why not hit him with that too?

You think Baez is mad now? Just wait until the FBI and forensics team releases that piece of "private" property back to the rightful owners, and the owners post no trespassing signs all over the place. Now that's going to really make Baez:furious:

I agree with you Truthwillsetyoufree! This case is going to ruin him. Look at Stephen F, David Westerfield's attorney. He's a nobody here in San Diego. That case took him down.

:clap::clap: Exactly! Premature :clap::clap:

LE are playing this cautiously, that they do not have DNA definitive proof to know/say for sure. Although the Defense can say based on the visual ID it is Caylee but -- only the killer would know (and her reaction back to her attorney). Bizarre . . . to rush to the Defense when they were advocating so strongly that Caylee is alive!!!!
My bold.

And since they are standing by the kidnapping story, shouldn't the Zanny Defense Team get tickets to the circus too?!?

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
i believe judge strickland called Baez's tactics regarding premature access to the crime scene "interfering with a murder investigation".
Baez knows he can't win in a court of law so he's now taking it to the court of public opinion. i don't think he'll win there either.
:rolleyes:

I love the way he capitalized the Casey Anthony Defense Team - they're the CADs!

And the 'Media Circus', like it's a Vegas show.

Guess Jose doesn't have anything better to do, since he can't come up with a new defense until he finds out what it is he's defending against.

Doesn't Jose Baez realize when a judge in a US courtroom passes judgment on a motion brought before him or her--and that judgment is against the motion filed--then the lawyer bringing the motion should not pretend that he or she has not heard or has not read OR has not understood the ruling? This doesn't seem like very good, very experienced, or very smart lawyering. Why, it's almost as if Jose Baez is whining. Again. :rolleyes: :)

You think Baez is mad now? Just wait until the FBI and forensics team releases that piece of "private" property back to the rightful owners, and the owners post no trespassing signs all over the place. Now that's going to really make Baez:furious:

It will be the hissy fit of all hissy fits! The Baez Super Bowl Hissy Fit (brought to you by Tostidos and OCSO enjoy)

Does a judge on a high profile case like this get media reports from their law clerks? I wonder if Strickland is aware of everything that's been going on. It does seem like JB should be sanctioned for telling such outlandish tales, but I don't know the legalities.

I'd say this might be Jose's way of getting a gag order on the case, but I can't figure out how that would benefit him.

I kept thinking of what I was going to post as I read through all the posts so far. then I remembered the stern, yet gentle warnings of the Mods about not making bad comments about the Casey Anthony Defense Team. *SIGH*

So I will content myself with saying this: If he is this upset, why didn't he say all this in court to Judge Strickland after Judge Stickland denied his motions. Perhaps he was afraid of being cited for contempt of court or something along those lines?

Now that brings up an interesting question: Could JB be nailed with contempt of court charges for what he is saying - is he not being contemptious (is that a word, or did I just make it up?) of the judge's ruling?

I just don't understand why this team continues to alienate the Court,LE and the public.The A's have done it from the beginning and the defense is doing it ,as well.
I hope people realize this is not how most attorney's try their cases.Most are professional with LE . Most know that a decent,vigorous defense doesn't have to be smoke and mirrors.

Exactly!

Tenamon did not seem sad to go either! Can you imagine the work environment??????:eek::confused::eek::confused::eek:

No way. Nightmares, baby!

Or...Baez could be setting the stage for trial when he calls an expert witness and during questioning the witness says "I can't answer that question" and Baez gratuitously then asks, "Why is that" and the expert says "Because I was denied the right to be at the crime scene." Rather than having to yell "objection", prosecutors should make sure the judge and all parties are clear that jurors are NOT to be instructed that any person was denied access to the crime scene and ALL issues involving such rights (and whether they were "denied") should be resolved BEFORE trial out of the presence of the jury.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it Florida law not to allow access to an active crime scene (except for LE?) You know Florida is ... peculiar....

:floorlaugh:

I just don't understand why this team continues to alienate the Court,LE and the public.The A's have done it from the beginning and the defense is doing it ,as well.
I hope people realize this is not how most attorney's try their cases.Most are professional with LE . Most know that a decent,vigorous defense doesn't have to be smoke and mirrors.

Well, maybe this is all Baez is, this IS his best, maybe he isn't any better, maybe he thinks he is doing a smash up job, maybe this is as good as Baez gets. That's scary isn't it? Ahhhh poor KC. Not.

..very easily solved.
Opening statement: The defense will try to convince you that they have not had the same opportunity to view the crime scene as we have, that they have been denied the right to be present and observe the crime scene as our forensics teams worked an active crime scene.

The truth is they were not entitled to access an active crime scene.

We gave them every single item of evidence recovered.

Don't let that convince you that this prevented them from a proper defense.

Did the news organization that reported this even BOTHER to give some informed comment? Like the Judge shot JB down on this very point? Like a few quick pointers on the law? I hope so but I doubt it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano
Back