Baez Lashes out at Investigators-UPDATE Allegations of Evidence Tampering

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Airlines & hotels dont work pro bono either....Their may have been some defection on the team to come back as well, and this is Baez's spin that it is the governments fault.

Question: will the crime scene be turned over to the defense? or to the property owner? It seems to me that legally it has to be turned over to the property owner, and the Defense Team needs permission from the property owner to go there.

TIA
I think you are right on that Bean!!:rolleyes:

Hello, the child hasn't even been identified yet!!! The fact that we all know it's Caylee doesn't matter. Why does he think he has the right to go in there?

Perhaps Jose should read the following link about Henry Lee being accused of disposing of evidence from the Phil Spector case. This may explain why LE does not want the defense around the crime scene.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,274965,00.html

I didn't read this because I already know the story inside and out, but let's not forget (or forget to share with anyone who doesn't already know :crazy: ) while on the stand in the mini trial within a trial known as the, Phil Spector case, Henry Lee testified UNDER OATH that it was perfectly fine to collect evidences on, Post It Notes. :behindbar

Question: will the crime scene be turned over to the defense? or to the property owner? It seems to me that legally it has to be turned over to the property owner, and the Defense Team needs permission from the property owner to go there.

TIA

It is turned right over to the property owner!!! I just saw that on CNN:woohoo:

May I please point out, this is not an unusual case. There are plenty of cases where the perp was in jail on murder charges before the victim was found. This mistruth must end. Baez needs to go look up some case law and stop this. The Judge knows this the prosecution knows this, all of LE know this. The media, maybe not as much just spinning. He would become a witness if he were allowed at the scene before it is complete, as every member of the teams there are. He could not continue to represent the perp for that reason.

Wonder what the people paying for all those defense experts think...

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/12/12/minutetominute_update_in_remains_discovery_12_11.html

Maybe he can explain "the fund" while he's at it. So much for Henry Lee stated last night he's working for free - wonder who isn't? If they're paying for Baez they might want to buy him some new lawyerin' books...

TIA

This is a really good point. I'm not sure how it will play out, but I think this argument is quite valid.

I didn't read this because I already know the story inside and out, but let's not forget (or forget to share with anyone who doesn't already know :crazy: ) while on the stand in the mini trial within a trial known as the, Phil Spector case, Henry Lee testified UNDER OATH that it was perfectly fine to collect evidences on, Post It Notes. :behindbar

YES. He. Did. I couldn't believe it when I read that. I did hear something interesting though about why some forensic defense experts don't create documentation. That data, if written, has to be filed with the State, so many of them offer their expert opinion at trial with little or no documentation. If they created it, they would be bound forensically by the same processes and methods the prosecution has to follow. Thus, the Post It Notes are reminders for their expert testimony.

Cool!

Talking about jury tampering. Why did he want to move the venue ?? Public stunts like this, and they can not claim jury bias.

Here is my favorite line in the article:

Every effort by The Baez Law Firm to establish a level of basic cooperation and professional courtesy have all been rejected by the government./B]
Isn't it just outrageous? LE is trying to pick up all the pieces of a dead baby and some stranger is bitching about "professional courtesy" AND he knows darn well he isn't entitled to view the crime scene. As well, how dare him call Caylee's final resting place a "Circus." A circus is something Caylee will never get to see or hear. The language used by everyone in this matter, from day one, is troubling. Cindy and George Anthony's attorney Brad Conway said the other day, when talking about the Anthonys' return to the house post-evidence gathering, that "The Anthonys are not concerned about the items taken from the home." Not concerned? What's that supposed to mean?? They're not concerned the items will yield evidence against Casey? Gee great. What else could the Anthonys "not be concerned" about -- items removed because they can get live without them, like a lamp or something? The only statement those 2 should have made (or approved) was this: We are distraught to learn the body of a young child was found and we don't want it to be Caylee or anyone's child. We understand that based on the finding, there are now additional items in our home that might help solve this terrible mystery involving our poor granddaughter and we hope that law enforcement was able to get all they needed and is able to get more information from these things about what might have happened to our little Caylee. Period.

Ditto-this was not a good move considering Strickland spanked him earlier in the week. He has a pending motion for a second autopsy-why would he make such an egregious statement regarding his access??? I am really surprised.

ITA. His inexperience and over-inflated ego is a dangerous combo. This is going to backfire on him, big time.

YES. He. Did. I couldn't believe it when I read that. I did hear something interesting though about why some forensic defense experts don't create documentation. That data, if written, has to be filed with the State, so many of them offer their expert opinion at trial with little or no documentation. If they created it, they would be bound forensically by the same processes and methods the prosecution has to follow. Thus, the Post It Notes are reminders for their expert testimony.

Hmmm.. maybe something should be done about that. Like only those experts that have file reports should be allowed to testify.

I"m learning alot. I know if I ever set on a jury and some person testifys like that...

YES. He. Did. I couldn't believe it when I read that. I did hear something interesting though about why some forensic defense experts don't create documentation. That data, if written, has to be filed with the State, so many of them offer their expert opinion at trial with little or documentation. If they created it, they would be bound forensically by the same processes and methods the prosecution has to follow. Thus, the Post It Notes are reminders for their expert testimony.

This is true about any reports, etc.. that an expert would need to turn them over because of reciprocal discovery obligations.

This is not however what Henry Lee was testifying about. He was collecting PHYSICAL evidence on Post It Notes to take back and have analyzed. He went on to say that there is no difference really and any paper is just fine. IF the state did this, the evidence would be tossed in the garbage as proper procedure would not have been followed.

This is just highlights really, it was so much more enjoyable seeing it live. LOL Alan Jackson really laid in to Henry Lee.

Also Wednesday, noted criminalist Henry Lee denied allegations leveled by two former defense team members that he collected a piece of evidence at the crime scene that was never turned over to prosecutors.
At a special hearing outside the presence of the jury, an indignant Lee said he had not seen or recovered a piece of a fingernail during a defense search of the shooting scene, as a former defense investigator claimed.
"Definitely not," he said.
He contradicted a former defense attorney on the case, Sara Caplan, who testified that she saw him put a small, flat white object the size of a fingernail in a vial. Lee said he did not collect evidence in vials during the search, which occurred after technicians from the county sheriff's department had combed the scene for 30 hours.
He hinted that what Caplan thought were vials were actually plastic tubes used for blood testing.
"I think she made an honest mistake," he said.
Lee appeared very upset about the accusations, saying at one point, "I think my reputation [is] severely damaged."
In several testy exchanges with Deputy District Attorney Alan Jackson, he rejected suggestions that he had been sloppy in his cataloging and storing of evidence. Lee used folded yellow Post-it notes to collect bloody fibers at the scene, a choice Jackson contrasted with the practice of law enforcement agencies in Los Angeles and Connecticut, Lee's home state, to use evidence envelopes.
"There's no difference," Lee said, attempting unsuccessfully to cut off Jackson's line of questioning.
"I don't want people just accusing me," he huffed at the prosecutor.
http://www.courttv.com/trials/spector/051607_ctv.html

This is true about any reports, etc.. that an expert would need to turn them over because of reciprocal discovery obligations.

This is not however what Henry Lee was testifying about. He was collecting PHYSICAL evidence on Post It Notes to take back and have analyzed. He went on to say that there is no difference really and any paper is just fine. IF the state did this, the evidence would be tossed in the garbage as proper procedure would not have been followed.

What the $%&? is that really what that was all about, because it wasn't clear to me when I read the transcripts! (I wasn't as close to that case at the time)

Thank you for clarifying and letting me see the light!!!! :)

I think he's straining at the bit because he knows this IS Caylee.
I'm sure he figured that out by KC's reaction if nothing else.

I also think the "team" might not come back for 2 reasons.

1) They weren't shown special treatment for being "famous experts". I think they expected LE to step back, bow and say, "By all means".
I also think Baden thought Judge Strickland would do as she asked even though the laws are different here than wherever she comes from.

2) They have heard that G, C & L may be charged with obstruction and therefore where will they get their names in a book or movie?
And who will pay them for their "pro bono" work, Hmmmm?
MOO

I asked this in another thread, but didn't get much response:

If KC and her team, are still going with the 'nanny' story, why aren't they out looking (or at least pretending to look, to look good) for this woman?

I think he's straining at the bit because he knows this IS Caylee.
I'm sure he figured that out by KC's reaction if nothing else.

I also think the "team" might not come back for 2 reasons.

1) They weren't shown special treatment for being "famous experts". I think they expected LE to step back, bow and say, "By all means".
I also think Baden thought Judge Strickland would do as she asked even though the laws are different here than wherever she comes from.

2) They have heard that G, C & L may be charged with obstruction and therefore where will they get their names in a book or movie?
And who will pay them for their "pro bono" work, Hmmmm?
MOO

Those experts all strutted into the court room thinking the judge would be thrilled just to be in their presence.......HAHA That know it all smirk on Ms Baden's face sure disappeared fast.
Baez is working on the losing team and he knows it.

What the $%&? is that really what that was all about, because it wasn't clear to me when I read the transcripts! (I wasn't as close to that case at the time)

Thank you for clarifying and letting me see the light!!!! :)

Alan Jackson also sent away from Henry Lee's college transcripts. It appears the good old Dr Lee was able to obtain his Ph.D in ONE year. I really don't think it's possible, but that's the time frame Henry Lee claims it took him (and he was educated here in the states). I don't know how it all played out, but I do know that Alan Jackson never got the transcripts in time to use them when questioning Henry Lee on the stand. He probably got them at a later time, but like I said, if he did, it was too late.

Now, after all these years (and maybe they came up with some transcripts for Lee since that time), Henry Lee may not even hold the expertise to be truly considered an expert in his field.

Since he's now on this case, I'd imagine there is some showy type paperwork available now, but 1 year? Does ANYONE think this is really possible?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevewho
Back