Baez Lashes out at Investigators-UPDATE Allegations of Evidence Tampering

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jose is full of CHIT!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: You know if he spent his time researching and doing actual LEGAL WORK except looking for cameras and whining and complaning perhaps...but it is a big perhaps...he tried to file another motion ---but alas the court house closd....

dh tried to tell me he was good....told him no.....watch him in court....

Does a judge on a high profile case like this get media reports from their law clerks? I wonder if Strickland is aware of everything that's been going on. It does seem like JB should be sanctioned for telling such outlandish tales, but I don't know the legalities.

I'd imagine that Judge S, who I'm sure will be able to remain impartial and do his job as the judge presiding over this case, watches the news. Heck, if he watches any of the news stations, local or national, he'll get enough on a day-to-day basis that he's aware of that which goes on in the public forum.
;)

Okay I will "out" myself I am a paralegal in Canada
everytime I
read a motion by Baez I cringe
hear him speak in court I cringe
sorry but I just feel like my teeth are hurting UUUUGGGHHH!

I'm not an atty and barely have read anything about the court papers & I cringe....dh said yesterday jb was "good"---told him uhhhhhh NO---watch a hearing/read things....but alas he is into everything else (political-economy)

Okay I will "out" myself I am a paralegal in Canada
everytime I
read a motion by Baez I cringe
hear him speak in court I cringe
sorry but I just feel like my teeth are hurting UUUUGGGHHH!

I'm not a paralegal and I cringe. I feel as if my ears are hurting every time I hear him speak.

I think HOSE B (Jose Baez) is offering up a distraction to LE he is rushing them out, he is afraid of what they found and what they continue to find, he wants to know what it is, he wants them forced out so they can miss other things. He is going to lose all that hair when he finally learns what they found.

I wonder if Zanny faked Caylee's voice when she called Casey on July 15th.

I think this so called "dream team" has made this mans head swell even larger than it already was. He feels some sort of superiority complex. I think the Judge should charge him for the courts time on this next motion and tell him to go home and read up on the law!

I totally agree with this. Poor little JB. Can't investigate a murder scene and thinks that somehow he is entitled to that. I don't think anyone has ever heard of such a thing. LE investigates murders. Not defense attorneys. boo hoo and all that....

Yeppers. He's got to learn that to win, he's going to have to use the Code of Procedure/Evidence rule books.
(Naturally, and as I've said before, I'm not going to post what I'd be doing if I were he, as I'm not Casey's attorney. ;) )

CINDY ANTHONY: She told me that they had gotten into -- that she -- her and Zanny -- I mean, Raquel (ph) and Zanny were about eight cars ahead of her and Juliette and the girls. Casey had her car. Zanny had their car. So Zanny and Raquel were ahead, and somehow there was an accident (INAUDIBLE) Casey and Juliet (ph) witnessed the accident.

(END VIDEO CLIP)
now this was supposed to have happened around JUNE 23rd...
so Casey may have begun hiding Caylee then...
plus anyone who doubts her guilt think of this too;

Casey had no such accident with these people.There are no Police reports as far as we all are aware with any such accident .
No Florida hospital workers or emergency room docs have come forward that they all showed up at their emergency room at this time.
Or that zanny had to stay over night and look what is true about any of this?

Anyone have the rest of this story?
Dates?

I think this so called "dream team" has made this mans head swell even larger than it already was. He feels some sort of superiority complex. I think the Judge should charge him for the courts time on this next motion and tell him to go home and read up on the law!

Maybe he is overcompensating for something? Ok, I better stop.

I hope Judge Strickland gets a whiff of this grandstanding and attempting to taint the jury pool and smacks him with a contempt of court! Judge made things very clear yesterday for the 2nd time! He ought to be ashamed of himself.
Anais, my earlier post, below, addresses this.
No, J Baez is not in contempt for talking/releasing this to the press (though I wish there had been a gag order that he was in contempt of violating,) as the judge did not ever order him to cease talking about the case to the public nor of the specific motion seeking access. Contempt requires that there BE a previous order for him to do/not do something. Here, the Order from Judge S was that he would not have access, NOT that he couldn't (continue to) complain to the press about it.
To explain further, an Order that one cannot visit a crime scene at that time does NOT, by itself, mean that the attorney may not speak about his request and/or his ongoing desire to do so, and/or to complain to the press that the order was incorrect, etc.
There would have to have been a gag order or a specific line in the order denying J Baez's request that he not discuss the ruling in the press - which Judge S did NOT say/include in the order denying J Baez's motion.
Does this make sense?

Aren't the investigators just going by what the judge ruled? Judge said no access til scene released. Period.

Yes, Thank God for that.

They are handling the crime scene the way they would handle it anyway, as Chezhire pointed out.

It is not that often that defense brings what is really:

A motion to CUT THE YELLOW TAPE, or in the alternative, DO THE LIMBO
under it.

I personally once had something accidentally taped into a murder crime scene.

You just don't walk in and out of that area which LE has secured, in any sort of casual manner!!!:blowkiss:

so let me get this straight
the KC defense team and family insisted that Caylee was alive and not only would not help search for the remains but chastised LE,TM,LP and the volunteers that were trying to find Caylee's remains.
Furthermore, they constantly referred to the fact that they somehow knew infomation that they weren't telling

Now a child's remains have been found and they once again lash out at LE.
The same LE, who they chastised for even searching for a deceased Caylee, because that where the evidence pointed.

so let me get this straight
the KC defense team and family insisted that Caylee was alive and not only would not help search for the remains but chastised LE,TM,LP and the volunteers that were trying to find Caylee's remains.
Furthermore, they constantly referred to the fact that they somehow knew infomation that they weren't telling

Now a child's remains have been found and they once again lash out at LE.
The same LE, who they chastised for even searching for a deceased Caylee, because that where the evidence pointed.

Uh huh. Right on target...

I think Judge Strickland made a big boo boo not granting that gag order. I'm from the UK originally and over there the "gag orders" automatically go into place the moment someone is charged. The public hears nothing more until the verdict comes in. It's played out in the newspapers after the trial.
We also inherited that tradition in Canada. :)
I don't know what the point of innocence until proven guilty is, when the media can try you for ratings and commercial revenue endlessly. Personal freedom is a freedom that should outweight the publics right to know prior to a conviction IMO.

We also inherited that tradition in Canada. :)
I don't know what the point of innocence until proven guilty is, when the media can try you for ratings and commercial revenue endlessly. Personal freedom is a freedom that should outweight the publics right to know prior to a conviction IMO.

Yes, but it was Baez who wanted the gag order denied. It was the defense counsel who did n't want the media trial to end. Really strange doings.

I don't know how this will affect his request for a change of venue, if that motion is filed. Arguing against the gag order might later haunt him in some ways.....

jmho:)

what the heck UGH! i can't even begin to vent my frustration with baez.

what doesn't he understand about an ACTIVE investigation?

then he's whining cuz there wont be any evidence left? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? hellooooooooooo that's the police's job - TO COLLECT EVIDENCE! of course they're not going to leave any behind! OMG

what the heck UGH! i can't even begin to vent my frustration with baez.

what doesn't he understand about an ACTIVE investigation?

then he's whining cuz there wont be any evidence left? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? hellooooooooooo that's the police's job - TO COLLECT EVIDENCE! of course they're not going to leave any behind! OMG

I have viewed this as if it were a different crime, to gain even more perspective.

Say a murder happens in a house.

One day later, the alleged killer is arrested.

The home where the murder took place is still filled with LE and forensics people of all kinds.

How often do you see the defense attorney for the accused killer sitting outside on the sidewalk, tapping his fingers, and asking the Court to let him go in with a team whose goal it is to have the crime remain unsolved???.

Can't you just hear it now when this goes to trial, JB is asking witnesses about the site and the defense team being kept away. After every witness the state pops back up and asks:

"Det/Investigator/Officer/Agent, have you ever seen a member of the defense at an active crime scene, participating or observing LE?"

No further questions....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KellzBellz01
Back