Baez' Statement Regarding DP News

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"She was fully aware that this was a strong possibility. She's aware of the forces that are out to get her," said Baez, who is a strong opponent of the death penalty. "If they think that this is going to make her plea, they're sadly mistaken. They've been trying to intimidate Casey Anthony from day 1 and it didn't work then, and it's not going to work now."

Yet she and her family continue to lie and withhold facts.

"She was fully aware that this was a strong possibility. She's aware of the forces that are out to get her," said Baez, who is a strong opponent of the death penalty. "If they think that this is going to make her plea, they're sadly mistaken. They've been trying to intimidate Casey Anthony from day 1 and it didn't work then, and it's not going to work now."

Yet she and her family continue to lie and withhold facts.
" Do you expect me to talk, Goldfinger?"
"No, Mr Bond, I expect you to DIE!"

Apologies for my random thought here.

I've been hung up on the payment of lawyers, experts, PI's in the criminal case, whilst declaring indigent in the civil case all day :rolleyes:

I think I may have had a lightbulb moment. It's purely assumption, so if you read this rambling please understand it is only 'personal deduction', not a backed up fact.

In the conflict of interest hearing with Strickland, it was shown there was no conflict of interest and that JB had no authorization from KC to sell her story.
KC also stated that no deal was in the works to sell her story.

I also figured that the photograph, video release money wouldn't last long divided between 11 or more lawyers and multiple 'experts'.

BUT (you knew there had to be one right? :crazy:)

No-one said JB can't sell his OWN story, defending the indefensible, insight into his client (without divulging details or breaking Attorney client privelage). How he dealt with the media - the mean SA and FBI- those pesky complaints - the dratted PI's - I see a book, a movie and promotional interviews galore. Plenty of $$$$$$$$'s ahead.

I've been hung up on the payment of lawyers, experts, PI's in the criminal case, whilst declaring indigent in the civil case all day :rolleyes:

I think I may have had a lightbulb moment. It's purely assumption, so if you read this rambling please understand it is only 'personal deduction', not a backed up fact.

In the conflict of interest hearing with Strickland, it was shown there was no conflict of interest and that JB had no authorization from KC to sell her story.

I also figured that the photograph, video release money wouldn't last long divided between 11 or more lawyers and multiple 'experts'.

No-one said JB can't sell his OWN story, defending the indefensible, insight into his client (without divulging details or breaking Attorney client privelage). How he dealt with the media - the mean SA and FBI- those pesky complaints - the dratted PI's - I see a book, a movie and promotional interviews galore. Plenty of $$$$$$$$'s ahead.

Excellent point. Would it be unethical for a lawyer to 'sell his story rights' while the case was still ongoing?

"A fool and his honey are soon parted"

Great point. It isn't as if this has never happened.

Johnny Cochran, Marcia Clark, Chris Darden, Shapiro and Leslie Abramson are some of the lawyers who became high profile during a murder trial and sold "their" story as a result.

It isn't as if this has never happened.

Johnny Cochran, Marcia Clark, Chris Darden, Shapiro and Leslie Abramson are some of the lawyers who became high profile during a murder case and sold "their" story as a result.

But did they sell during the case or after the trial and after the case had been decided?

I totally agree and have been thinking this all along. Didn't attorneys in the OJ case write books too? That's why I think he isn't thinking in the best interest of his client. I think he should try and make a deal. There's enough evidence stacked against her that I hope another attorney comes in and talks sense to them rather than think about how much exposure they will get by dragging this case out. Ultimately, they should be looking out for the best interest of their client despite how we feel about her, that's their job.

JB spoke last night as he left the jail after a half hour visit with KC

From the media thread (Thanks Angel Who Cares!)

VIDEO~Baez: Forces Out To Get Casey Anthony
http://www.clickorlando.com/video/19174398/index.html

Article:
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19174406/detail.html

Cliff notes:
1. Baez says, "... anyone who thinks this will force Casey to plea is sadly mistaken. She won't." 1:07
2. costs to tax payers will triple. 2:08
3. He mentions the total of 8 lawyers currently 3 of whom we know are DP qualified; LBK, Mike W, and Terry L. 2:19
4. The video also goes on to state that there are 3 additional unnamed DP qualified attorneys working on the case. 2:40

So, who are the additional 3 lawyers?

Ok so now Baez is worried about the cost to taxpayers? Why didn't his client worry about that when she kept sending the police in circles looking for people that didn't exist? I guess he'll answer that at trial huh?

I agree with a couple of the previous posters. The state could be forcing a new, more experienced defense for Casey by going for the DP. We all know how out of his league Baez is and Kennedy-Baden doesn't seem to do much at all. I was honestly speechless when I was watched the previous court appearances. They were bumbling, rambling, and seemed ill-prepared. Baez walking around with a smirk on his face...I think their only idea is to cast doubt...that's it.

If the state goes for the DP, they could just be trying to get someone on Casey's defense that is more professional and yank away her chance of appealing later down the line due to bad counsel. Not that the state is on Caseys side, per se, but just going for a fair trial. I don't agree with the people that have said it's to force a confession or plea because there is something that they don't want people to find out about. Too much evidence pointing to Casey. DP is a good thing all around in my opinion...

jb will not be playing such a special part in this case of tipsy turvey trial.....now as i questioned yesterday before all this came down, how long is jb going to be part of this before KC or CA fires him?

But did they sell during the case or after the trial and after the case had been decided?

I don't think the deal is signed or that a paper trail will be found.

I'd bet a handshake, a nod and a wink is how this contract will work for now.

Being paid when the job is finished (after sentencing in this instance) is not unusual, and goes some way to explain a cashflow problem meanwhile.

DC wasn't paid.
Henri Lee piggybacked his examination of the remains onto another Fl visit.

:laugh: "aware of the forces that are out to get her"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

Please tell me that Baez did not actually say that!!!!

Maybe he meant, "may the force be with her" ..

Marla I love your picture of JB with the Duct Tape over his mouth. Sounds like the paranoia in the jail and B law office is working overtime.

jb will not be playing such a special part in this case of tipsy turvey trial.....now as i questioned yesterday before all this came down, how long is jb going to be part of this before KC or CA fires him?

Sorry to say, but he's in it for the long haul. The only difference is he won't be lead counsel. CA can't fire him, and KC won't.

Baez is going to loose his 15 minutes of fame when he is reduced to co-council. Usually the head attorney does all the talking about the case he is representing.

By the way, what happened to Marti, JB's "spokesperson" who replaced GilTodd? I thought Marti would be the one making the statements to the press--guess that was short-lived.

For Jose:

MayTheForceBeWithYou.jpg

"May the force be with you"
ya after she got done "warding off the crazies" would prolly be that color anyway

Sorry to say, but he's in it for the long haul. The only difference is he won't be lead counsel. CA can't fire him, and KC won't.

imo ca still has input as to what is going on ... imo she has been the controller for yrs in that household and kc still isnt totally out from underneath it. so thats why i said kc or ca firing jb .... i dont think its been on here, but could of been, does kc correspond with her parents?

Ok so now Baez is worried about the cost to taxpayers? Why didn't his client worry about that when she kept sending the police in circles looking for people that didn't exist? I guess he'll answer that at trial huh?

SERIOUSLY. I was re-reading the tips doc last night and was blown away by the man-hours spent following up on all of the "tips" that they received. Tons and tons and tons of visits to people, places and businesses. Interviews, subpoenas for videos, traipsing all over the county. All the while, KC was refusing to cooperate with LE in any way. I even had the thought last night that it would be great for the County to be reimbursed for the wasted tax dollars should KC be convicted. And JB has the GALL to use TAX DOLLARS to disparage the State's Attorneys?

She has a total of 11 Lawyers? how the heck does anyone afford 11 lawyers? 5 of which are DP certified. It is insane.
Sadder yet, is that if you need 11 lawyers, 5 of which are DP certified, then you're not all that innocent to begin with.

But we already knew this.

Amazing that Baez never publicly addresses the existence of any nanny. The whole thing would go away if he could prove there was a nanny - but he can't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back