Baez' Statement Regarding DP News

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The problem I see with both JB and Casey is that they truly believe that they are smarter than the legal system; and they are probably bolstering one another with undeserved praise whenever they come up with their new harebrained scheme of the week. It almost seems as though JB is Casey's puppet, since nothing he does appears to be "textbook". It is as if a highschool drop-out is lead counsel. Eventually this will blow up in their faces and I can only imagine that it would be quite entertaining to watch if it weren't for the fact that this whole fiasco has become a huge waste of time and money for the state. I bet the state could put hundreds of deserving 22-year-olds through college on the money that Casey and JB have forced the state to throw away.

In Casey, Baez has found the case he's probably wished for his entire career ..... his name is now known from one corner of the country to the other. He has a lot riding on a dramatic courtroom trial in which the whole world will no doubt be regaled by his legal brilliance. Even if he loses, everyone will still know his name.

If Casey should become displeased enough to fire him, he'll lose his ride to potential great fame and fortune so he no doubt agrees to things he knows aren't best for the case .... reading the petty and ungracious letter Casey wrote the day before Caylee's memorial is a good example.

If Casey should take a plea deal, he'll lose his ride to potential great fame and fortune.

It's in his best interest to convince Casey that this case is winnable and that he -- and he alone -- can attain her freedom. It's in his best interest to discourage her from taking plea deals. It's in his best interest to encourage her arrogance and reinforce her delusion that she (and he) will be able to control the outcome of this trial which is exactly what I think he is doing .... and in doing so, he's playing into Casey's greatest weakness.

eHarmony couldn't have put together a better match than these two.

"Very few women are put to death in Florida," defense attorney Jose Baez said. "She's not a serial killer."Anthony is charged with murdering a child, a crime that juries rarely find worth of capital punishment. http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19179372/detail.html

I see something very wrong here. I can assume that Baez has told Casey she is out of the woods looking at the stats of women on DR. Out of 392 people on DR there is only one female. In 100 years 16 sentence, but later thrown out. Even though I am not comfortable with the DP I feel that sentencingshould apply equally to male and females. How can anyone feel sorry for a child killer? Granted, Casey is not a serial killer. But has been indited for the murder of her child. That is just as heinous. IMO. Maybe the state will make an example out of Casey. The judicial system needs much improvement when it comes to the safety, protection, and Victim's rights. A child was murdered, that child will never have a chance at life. That life was ended to soon at the hands of her mother. What makes her so special to be able to walk away from this crime? Because she is a female and pretty? IMO, if she was male, she would be sentence to death. Looking at the stats it clearly shows there is a great chance Casey will not be put to death.

How does Baez know she's not a serial killer at heart. She's young and they all have to start somewhere.

"Very few women are put to death in Florida," defense attorney Jose Baez said. "She's not a serial killer."Anthony is charged with murdering a child, a crime that juries rarely find worth of capital punishment. http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19179372/detail.html

I see something very wrong here. I can assume that Baez has told Casey she is out of the woods looking at the stats of women on DR. Out of 392 people on DR there is only one female. In 100 years 16 sentence, but later thrown out. Even though I am not comfortable with the DP I feel that sentencingshould apply equally to male and females. How can anyone feel sorry for a child killer? Granted, Casey is not a serial killer. But has been indited for the murder of her child. That is just as heinous. IMO. Maybe the state will make an example out of Casey. The judicial system needs much improvement when it comes to the safety, protection, and Victim's rights. A child was murdered, that child will never have a chance at life. That life was ended to soon at the hands of her mother. What makes her so special to be able to walk away from this crime? Because she is a female and pretty? IMO, if she was male, she would be sentence to death. Looking at the stats it clearly shows there is a great chance Casey will not be put to death.

True, there's a fearful aspect to the statistics but I believe that the state will make it's case so clearly and firmly that the court will give her special consideration towards DP since the A's are so special and all...

How does Baez know she's not a serial killer at heart. She's young and they all have to start somewhere.

Right. The place where she dumped Caylee was where they buried dead pets. Who's to say she hasn't already started with animals? If I were Jose, I'd just not put her and "serial killer" in the same sentence. :eek:

It's in his best interest to convince Casey that this case is winnable and that he -- and he alone -- can attain her freedom. It's in his best interest to discourage her from taking plea deals. It's in his best interest to encourage her arrogance and reinforce her delusion that she (and he) will be able to control the outcome of this trial which is exactly what I think he is doing .... and in doing so, he's playing into Casey's greatest weakness.

In this lies the real problem...he is suppose to be working in Casey's best interests. I think that he has lost "perspective" on the reality of this situation, which is why it would actually be in his best interest to step down graciously and save face before he ruins what is left of his potential future.

Right. The place where she dumped Caylee was where they buried dead pets. Who's to say she hasn't already started with animals? If I were Jose, I'd just not put her and "serial killer" in the same sentence. :eek:

The thought of her childhood pets and how they may have died has crossed my mind before.

I agree about Baez. Why put that idea out there?

No lawyer can, or is ever supposed to, assure a client of an outcome. As to the seriousness of the threat of the death penalty, she has to understand that she could be the exceptional one. Surely his silly public behavior laughing it off based on statistics or that she isn't a serial killer doesn't indicate how he handles life and death matters for his client. Most of his statement was like the language of two defiant teenagers against the world. Oh, and add being pursued by Darth Vader.

snipped from the article linked.

"Very few women are put to death in Florida," defense attorney Jose Baez said. "She's not a serial killer."

VERY FEW women are put to death, Mr Baez. Nowhere does it say that NONE are executed. Shrugging off the threat of the death penalty as unlikely or as an intimidation ploy is probably not in the best interests of your client.

Isn't it rather telling that the best thing he can announce pubically about 'his girl' is that she is not a serial killer. :eek:

More from Baez:

Death Penalty For Women Rare In Fla.
Baez: Casey's Not A Serial Killer

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19174406/detail.html

"Very few women are put to death in Florida," defense attorney Jose Baez said. "She's not a serial killer."

Ummm... thanks for that, Jose. :rolleyes:

Okay, who said KC was a serial killer??!!??

Hmmm...... So is JB saying that KC hasn't killed anyone except for Caylee?

Based on the evidence thus far the DP is only going to swing an impartial jury towards NG.

The jury is not going to want to execute based on cuircumstanital evidence only and, let's face the facts, that is all there really is to date.

Bless him!

A statistical statement is all well and good for those viewing from the outside in a detached way, but no comfort at all if you are one of the real individuals who "make up the numbers"

What's JB gonna say? "Hey KC I got good news and bad news"

"Bad is you got sentenced to death"
"Good is - probably want happen to my next client"

Hmmm...... So is JB saying that KC hasn't killed anyone except for Caylee?

Very bad statement to make as her attorney :eek:. He just keeps digging himself deeper and deeper and deeper.

Based on the evidence thus far the DP is only going to swing an impartial jury towards NG.

The jury is not going to want to execute based on cuircumstanital evidence only and, let's face the facts, that is all there really is to date.

Circumstantial evidence is, in the greater part in the cases that I have had followed, been the most dangerous and the most powerful weapon that the prosecution can use. Lots of murderers have been sentenced to death because of circumstanital evidence only (ala Scott Peterson)

Once the circumstances are there, the accused has got to explain all of those circumstances and that is the big danger. Especially in this case where the circumstances are freaking IMPOSSIBLE to explain away!

IMHO, we have not seen all the evidence yet. I would imagine there is hard, scientific evidence which has not been released yet.

JB absolutely cannot sell his story. It is a huge legal ethical deal. In particular he cannot sell it as a form of compensation for his casework in a case like this. The story is not his to sell. Ever. Legal ethics mandate that he be an agressive advocate for his clients interests, and to not bring his own interests into the equation. This is why Criminal Lawyers are paid up front, and cannot be paid via contigency fees of any sort. It isn't some act of greed. That process of paying the lawyer is there to insure that the lawyers personal needs (ie feeding his family, keeping a roof over his head, maintaining his business etc) are met up front. This in turn frees the lawyer from conflicts and enables to be a strong advocate for the clients interests without fear of any conflict.

JB selling his story would be viewed as a contingency arrangement. The state would not allow it. The Bar would not allow it. The judge probably would not allow it. He would be disbarred and disgraced. He may be civily liable for whatever story he puts forth.

The only strong exception to this, is if the major players and principals of the case are known to be dead.

I understand it would be unethical, but ethics have not stood in the way of various (damaging IMO) media statements from JB.

It isn't *right*, but nothing about this case is.

As posted previously, there have been instances of the selling of the story before this.

No one says he has to paint his client in a bad light. Oh and WE will never know it was a contingency. It will be AFTER the trial so what is for the judge to allow?

If KC would of had more time,I really think GA&CA would of been next.....hence the open invitation to Amy to move in, she sure would of qualified then!

Very bad statement to make as her attorney :eek:. He just keeps digging himself deeper and deeper and deeper.
Wikipedia
"A serial killer is a person who murders usually three or more people."

Just in case it turns out KC has another body stashed somewhere, she's covered?

Ya know, with this statement, Baez might as well have said "She's 'only' killed one baby." or "She 'just' killed her own baby, not anybody else."

It makes me livid for him to attempt to minimize what she did to Caylee.

:mad: :furious:

The thought of her childhood pets and how they may have died has crossed my mind before.

I agree about Baez. Why put that idea out there?

Isn't it typical of serial killers to start by killing pets and small animals? Just a thoguht.

snipped from the article linked.

VERY FEW women are put to death, Mr Baez. Nowhere does it say that NONE are executed. Shrugging off the threat of the death penalty as unlikely or as an intimidation ploy is probably not in the best interests of your client.

Isn't it rather telling that the best thing he can announce pubically about 'his girl' is that she is not a serial killer. :eek:

And you can also take that as, she's not a serial killer but he didn't say she wasnt a killer either. Did that make sense? I know what I mean.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back