Baez Tries to Sneak Bracelet to Casey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Haven't read the entire thread yet, but my first thought was: If the bracelet was in a jacket pocket, perhaps it wasn't intentional? If the blazer was originally KC's and she wore it at any time while out on bail, she could just have easily taken the bracelet off and left it in the pocket.

Flash forward: "Send over some dress clothes for KC." No one checks the pockets, why would you?

If in jacket pocket, it might just be a plain old simple oversight.

It's like the Dave Letterman skit, 'Is this something, or is this nothing?' We need more info on the location of the bracelet, and about the jacket before we can determine that.

If it was in the sock, well that's an easier matter to form a definite opinion on.

I don't think it was possible that she had the bracelet during the time she was out on bail. During that time they were all saying Caylee was missing and still alive, the bracelet that was found in the pocket of the jacket said "forever in our hearts Caylee Marie Anthony" and this bracelet came out AFTER her remains were found so it wouldn't have been possible for her to have had it when she was out on bail.

I don't think it was possible that she had the bracelet during the time she was out on bail. During that time they were all saying Caylee was missing and still alive, the bracelet that was found in the pocket of the jacket said "forever in our hearts Caylee Marie Anthony" and this bracelet came out AFTER her remains were found so it wouldn't have been possible for her to have had it when she was out on bail.

This is why I think that Cindy placed the bracelet in the clothes she sent KC to the jail. The inscription seems a memorialization of Caylee and something that was recently done. I guess we will see it for sale on the Caylee website very soon.

****The white rubber wristband with purple lettering was found Friday with blue pants and a gray blazer left for Anthony, 22, by attorney Jose Baez, jail spokesman Allen Moore said. A lawyer working with Baez on the case, Jose Garcia, said the firm would have no comment.
But a spokesman for Baez, who goes by the name Todd Black, said Cindy Anthony, not Baez, provided the clothing. Conway denied that.****

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2009/feb/01/caylees-memorial-service-hold-mom-wants-trial-out-/
Susan Jacobson and Sarah Lundy | Sentinel Staff Writers
Sunday, February 1, 2009

I understand the frustration and agree that this was special treatment. IMO, the defense has gotten, and will continue to get, more leeway than we think is appropriate. IMO this is to safeguard the verdict when it arrives and foreclose easy appellate issues -- the defense could argue post-conviction that bc of the intense media scrutiny etc, these hearings are tantamount to actual court proceedings and therefore Casey was entitled to appear in civilian clothing and not suffer the prejudicial effects of appearing in inmate apparel.

It's annoying to see her get special privileges, but it would be horrifying if she was granted a What Not To Wear-based appeal.

TY. That was a great explanation for something that's been bothering a lot of us. I'd hate to see such a petty thing such as civilian clothes be raised as an appeal point of issue.

(Mind you, I wouldn't mind Stacy & Clint giving them a bit of help with the civvie fashion choices if we do have to suck it up and watch without the orange jumpsuit.)

TY, AngelFire.

I hadn't thought of the time line of the specific bracelets. Great catch.

I was also educated further back in the thread, that no matter what, JB was responsible for ensuring that the clothes were thoroughly checked. So ultimately, I have landed on the side of the fence that this was a knowledgeable effort to smuggle the bracelet in.

Not a big offense per the jail, but not a small one in my books. Another attempt at rule breaking and by-passing laws and policies that apply to everyone else incarcerated there, and every other attorney who represents clients in the jail.

Shameful.

This is why I think that Cindy placed the bracelet in the clothes she sent KC to the jail. The inscription seems a memorialization of Caylee and something that was recently done. I guess we will see it for sale on the Caylee website very soon.

I also thought Cindy would have been the one to put the bracelet in the pocket. But then I wondered, was she saying...here's a little something for you, love mom...or was she saying...here's something so you remember you murdered your daughter.

TY, AngelFire.

I hadn't thought of the time line of the specific bracelets. Great catch.

I was also educated further back in the thread, that no matter what, JB was responsible for ensuring that the clothes were thoroughly checked. So ultimately, I have landed on the side of the fence that this was a knowledgeable effort to smuggle the bracelet in.

Not a big offense per the jail, but not a small one in my books. Another attempt at rule breaking and by-passing laws and policies that apply to everyone else incarcerated there, and every other attorney who represents clients in the jail.

Shameful.
Correct me if I am mis-speaking, but various theories about whether the bracelet could have found its way into the jacket pocket by accident, fall short when you include the fact that it (the bracelet), was transported in a sock.
Now, I assume these were CLEAN socks, perhaps even new, so even if there was an old bracelet made, on the off chance that Caylee might have passed, and it was stored in a sock, surely it would have been found there by inspections long before it got to Jailhouse security?

If Cindy hid it in the clothing, IMO, it is Cindy that did the wrong thing, and didn't care that she might get JB in trouble for it (surprise, surprise). If I was JB, I'd be furious with Cindy. And I don't agree that he should have necessarily checked them...if he wanted to be thorough he would have to rip apart every seam and piece of lining. The only mistake he made, imo, is trusting Cindy.

Correct me if I am mis-speaking, but various theories about whether the bracelet could have found its way into the jacket pocket by accident, fall short when you include the fact that it (the bracelet), was transported in a sock.
Now, I assume these were CLEAN socks, perhaps even new, so even if there was an old bracelet made, on the off chance that Caylee might have passed, and it was stored in a sock, surely it would have been found there by inspections long before it got to Jailhouse security?

Are we sure it was in a sock? I thought there were differing reports about where it was and Allen Moore never addressed it, or did he?

Are we sure it was in a sock? I thought there were differing reports about where it was and Allen Moore never addressed it, or did he?
I definately read "sock" when reports first broke, but I do confess I have not been following as closely as I should.

I also thought Baez and his wife bought the jacket, CA not involved. I certainly find it hard to believe that KC ever wore anything that looked like that before in her life.

Is it confirmed that there was only one bracelet?

I'll have to think about the inspections part, but you do have me running off now to check whether there was a Google search on 'Chloroform +socks'. If the sock was clean, how did it get clean? Or, was there a search result for 'socks as a household weapon'?

If socks were used as a common storage container, then it explains the penchant for flip-flops, as all socks were in use, so perhaps we've cleared another question up here.

"Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in"

Having had my grasp of the facts challenged, I went back and re-read the article at the start of this thread. It quotes WFTV (an extremely reliable publication, not known to get details wrong). I present a small sample in defence of the "SOCK" (BOLD BY ME)

When Casey Anthony walked into court Friday, she was wearing a gray business suit. Attorney Jose Baez dropped it off at the Orange County jail Wednesday. But Eyewitness News has learned Baez also wanted his client to wear a Caylee bracelet, so he put it in one of her socks.

This also suggests there was one bracelet in one sock, but there is too much information regarding the smuggling via the jacket pocket to dismiss out of hand. Was there also a braclet in the jacket pocket?

Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in"

Having had my grasp of the facts challenged, I went back and re-read the article at the start of this thread. It quotes WFTV an extremely reliable publication, not known to get details wrong. I present a small sample in defence of the "SOCK" (BOLD BY ME)

When Casey Anthony walked into court Friday, she was wearing a gray business suit. Attorney Jose Baez dropped it off at the Orange County jail Wednesday. But Eyewitness News has learned Baez also wanted his client to wear a Caylee bracelet, so he put it in one of her socks.

This also suggests there was one bracelet in one sock, but there is too much information regarding the smuggling via the jacket pocket to dismiss out of hand. Was there also a braclet in the jacket pocket?

LOL. Maybe Cindy wanted her to start selling them in jail!

I think JB is keeping quiet because he doesn't want to get Cindy in trouble, but I think if we looked closer, we'd find Cindy has a box of these at her home and JB probably has never even seen one.

Maybe the bracelet was put into the sock to insure it wouldn't get lost in the bundle of clothing? Those bracelets are super light weight and might not be noticable on the bottom of a bag of clothing. Not sure if the clothing came on a hanger or in a bag though. Maybe CA or JB didn't know the bracelet was a no no to begin with. Yes I know everyone is going to say JB knew and should have known, but I'm sorry folks, I believe this man wears a big dunce cap at home.

Maybe the bracelet was put into the sock to insure it wouldn't get lost in the bundle of clothing? Those bracelets are super light weight and might not be noticable on the bottom of a bag of clothing. Not sure if the clothing came on a hanger or in a bag though. Maybe CA or JB didn't know the bracelet was a no no to begin with. Yes I know everyone is going to say JB knew and should have known, but I'm sorry folks, I believe this man wears a big dunce cap at home.
yeah, right and he picked any old thing for KC to wear, and told her just wear your hair as you normally do.

I just had a really bad thought...I wonder if C & G & DM are going to try to sell these at the public memorial.

Perhaps, the bracelet was in the sock, which was in the blazer pocket.

I just had a really bad thought...I wonder if C & G & DM are going to try to sell these at the public memorial.

Oh, Bringer of Doom (and reality checks), I Pray Thee Wrong, Dear Heart.

No, no, no, that can't happen.

Oh, Bringer of Doom (and reality checks), I Pray Thee Wrong, Dear Heart.

No, no, no, that can't happen.

I sure hope it doesn't...but, I think it will.

Think about it...the As are crying poor, they are still shamelessly selling "Caylee is Missing" t-shirts and bracelets. The "thank you" link on Caylee's web page doesn't thank anyone, just tells you where you can send money for donations. There is no way they just had one made, so they could try to smuggle it in for Casey. And why would they have them made unless they planned to sell them, particularly if they are as poor as they claim?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back