Baez Tries to Sneak Bracelet to Casey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, it was Baez. Snipped from the article posted: "But Eyewitness News has learned Baez also wanted his client to wear a Caylee bracelet, so he put it in one of her socks."

This is pretty careless journalism, IMO. How would they know what Baez wanted, and that he would go so far as to sneak something in?

It said "Forever in our hearts Caylee Marie Anthony" according to the article. "Our" could easily be the family imo.

I thought about that too. But because perhaps I am more suspicious than most...I would like to post what I am thinking (have been for some time) but can't as I only have suposition and not actual proof.

IMO- I think her next court appearence they should let Kenny/Baden pick out the clothes...I can only assume they would be more vibrant and less Librarian...bracelet or not, the jail should of treated the "ill-fitted business suit" like contraband for looking like it would be harmful to anyone looking at it.

If I were JBs wife. I would be pretty ticked off that myy "DH" would risk his law license, hence his livlihood for this so-and-so. "Huge waste"

Oh, that so crossed my mind. I would be whacking him up side the head when he got home. Seriously?? Seriously!

Ok, maybe the druggies will want him as a lawyer. Now that they know he is willing to try and sneak stuff in. That he feels like he can ignore the jail rules, etc.

Oh, I would be whacking him! This sort of stupidity would scare me. A long the lines of will he have clients tomorrow and what type of clients (paying) they will be.

And if you read the rest of that article, it gets into her appearance today much more than they did before. Looks like JB's complaining about the media talking about how "his girl" looks has totally backfired on him!

"Casey Anthony has morphed from "Anything But Clothes" party girl, to the librarian look and now to the matronly. Friday, she wore an ill-fitted gray suit jacket, her hair curled into a matronly bun and there was no makeup covering the circles under her eyes or the jail pallor showing through in her complexion."

Yes, I noticed the dark circles under Casey's eyes and wondered if she's not sleeping well -- perhaps still suffering from the night sweats (terrors) she is reported to have experienced at Tony L's before she was arrested?

DT

Seriously? What a fool.... good intentions maybe.. but come on!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may believe that if the bracelet hadn't been tucked inside a pair of socks - an obvious attempt to hide it and circumvent the rules. If he just wasn't aware, then he probably would have just tried to bring it in to the jail with him the last time he went to see her. I think he was deliberately trying to "one up" the jail staff. You know they've been soooo MEAN to him about hugging Casey, and not letting him bring his laptop in. This just REEKS of him trying - and of course, failing - to get one over on them. Like they wouldn't have noticed her wearing it in court anyway?? He complains about the circus atmosphere, then I say he needs to take the clown suit off. IMO.

As HER lawyer, it is also his responsibility to do whatever he has to in the best interest of his client, which also means if a parent sent clothes that he hand delivered, it is his job to make sure nothing is in those items to cause her any problems. Baez clearly broke the rules, and I 100% AGREE WITH YOUR POST!

I hear what you're saying Janis, but he may not know the "appropriate channels." Perhaps Casey is his first client who is cooling her heels in jail as he defends her. Jose may be learning it as he goes along.
I'm surprised he didn't try to sneak in a "Find Caylee" t-shirt and have her wear that and hol the Caylee Sunshine doll while she's sitting at the defense table. It's almost the same thing. He's trying to make his client appear something she is not.
I know defense lawyers know the importance of how their clients appear in court. But this sneaking a bracelet to her says more than that. It shows he's not a stranger to underhanded tatics. He's either very unaware of proceedures or he's daring enough to try breaking the rules. What else is he going to try and get away with?
jmo

Ya Think :bang:

And add to it, the jail doesn't think it is a violation since the bracelet was rubber. AGAIN :bang::bang:

He HAD to know they would check her clothes.

He also HAD to know that it would be NEWS. Maybe a potential juror will think Casey asked him to do it. (Desperate times call for desperate measures.)

IMO

My thoughts exactly!! Yeah, Baez didn't think/know the clothes would be inspected :rolleyes:

This is pretty careless journalism, IMO. How would they know what Baez wanted, and that he would go so far as to sneak something in?

Agree.

Did he just want her to wear it during the hearing? ugh, i ponder

Ya Think :bang:

And add to it, the jail doesn't think it is a violation since the bracelet was rubber. AGAIN :bang::bang:

I honestly hope that every single lawyer who meets with their clients in that jail for the next 2 weeks try to sneak rubber bands into them so that someone wakes up and punishes this jerk like he should be!
What a message for the jail to send!

This ***** is goint to get disbarred if he keeps up the shenanigans. He's lucky it was just considered non-dangerous contraband, and he skirted past. He and KC are quite the pair. The rules just don't apply to them!!

:furious:

IMO, it doesn't matter who picked out or bought the clothes or who slipped the bracelet in. What matters is who delivered the clothes to the jail.

If I was asked to deliver stuff to her in jail, I would examine them closely- even the seams because it would be my butt on the line. If Baez didn't do it, he should have at least examined the clothes before he took the responsibility of delivering something to a prisoner.

JoAnn_W

I only hope the law school that hired JB to teach is paying attention to what's going on.
Between this and his PR person......WOW

Is this what they want him teaching the future attorneys. If you don't have enough smarts to win your case- sneak- lie- cheat- whatever.........but keep grinning.....
Sick Sick Sick

IMO- I think her next court appearence they should let Kenny/Baden pick out the clothes...I can only assume they would be more vibrant and less Librarian...bracelet or not, the jail should of treated the "ill-fitted business suit" like contraband for looking like it would be harmful to anyone looking at it.

Casey's outfit today really did not fit her well nor was her hairstyle age appropriate. She looked like a caricature of herself, IMO.

As for LKB, IIRC, she had some styling issues herself during the Phil S. trial which I mainly attibuted to East Coast v. West and the rigors of a high profile trial. She's not a bad looking woman.

I'm thinking that this (outfit) came from the A's house. Cindy was not in court today or was she (bracelet).

Baez Tries To Sneak Bracelet To Jailed Casey

Friday, January 30, 2009 – updated: 5:24 pm EST January 30, 2009
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Eyewitness News learned Casey Anthony may have been slipped some contraband in the suit she wore to court for Friday's hearing. Jail officials told Eyewitness News they discovered a "Caylee" bracelet stashed in the clothes Jose Baez dropped off this week.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18606881/detail.html
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3239173&posted=1#post3239173

"get out!!":eek:

boy he's getting better 'n better!:woohoo:
moo

Was it one of the bracelets that was being sold by the family, I wonder, or was this a different bracelet?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back