Baez Tries to Sneak Bracelet to Casey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She's already wearing the only kind of bracelets she will ever need.

Okay, maybe it's just me, but I don't see a big deal here. I mean, surely she's not allowed to keep the clothing she wore to the hearing in her cell, so perhaps Baez just assumed that the rubber bracelet was okay for the hearing, and that it would be returned, along with the rest of the clothes? I mean, I think it's a sick move, but he's her defense attorney, so of course he's going to want Casey to look like she loved her daughter, and is mourning her loss.

Maybe he tucked the bracelet in the sock just to "keep everything together" and so it wouldn't get lost. I've done that before, when I had to bring a change of clothes to the gym, etc.

I guess...maybe it's because I find wftv tabloid-ish at times, but I don't think it was this nefarious plot to sneak in a rubber bracelet. I think it was maybe a dumb move, but I don't feel like it's that big of a deal.

I don't doubt he did it LB35, I am just not excited about it at all.
I don't think rubber bracelets are the gateway contraband to guns LOL.
Seriously, the jail doesn't even really care, so it just doesn't sound like much of anything imo.

ITA...but where I was going with this is totally different. The only thing I will say is that I do not believe that KC just learned about JB in jail and hired him on a whim. Something else is totally bothering me. A lot. I just wish I had more proof.

I don't see the big deal with the bracelet either and I'm willing to give JB the benefit of the doubt and say that he might not have known it was considered contraband, BUT it was foolish thinking on his part to think that wearing that bracelet would bring any sympathy or compassion for his client. If anything, people would have been outraged that she dared wear it, just like when she wore the Caylee T-shirts.

I give up. I can't think of anything to say in a nice way about JB and his antics.

Me either so.....

gustafson-hear-no-evil.jpg

VERY SLEAZY for a lawyer.
Does JB feel above the law?
JB Teases the law?
I doubt if CA gave the jacket to JB.
The jacket didn't look like kc's style or color kc would pick......to matronly...LKB style
IMO, it was bought or borrowed.
Plus kc looks like she gained weight.

Possible CA would have bought it for Casey more recently? It wouldn't have been in her closet originally but bought specifically for court appearances. If CA were going to buy an outfit for Casey, she might make the mistake of getting it in her former size, not realizing that she has filled out enough to make it tight.

I thought he stated he would never act unethical? This is a clear Bar violation. Clearly he wanted her to wear it in court and get it on tv to poison the jury pool. Unbelievable. Guess he would tell the state bar he didn't authorize it just like he didn't authorize his admitted pr rep to make statements on his behalf.

It's the principal of the thing, don't act 12 and sneak it in the jail. Act like an adult and ask if she can have it.

I thought he stated he would never act unethical? This is a clear Bar violation. Clearly he wanted her to wear it in court and get it on tv to poison the jury pool. Unbelievable. Guess he would tell the state bar he didn't authorize it just like he didn't authorize his admitted pr rep to make statements on his behalf.

I don't think it's any more detrimental to the jury pool than all of the information released by the Sunshine Act.

Yea he will he will blame everyone but himself like he's been doing. I hope someone high up sees this. I thought the pen and giggling incident was bad it but this. Something is not right.

Come on guys... you know Todd B. must have done it!

I hear what you're saying Janis, but he may not know the "appropriate channels." Perhaps Casey is his first client who is cooling her heels in jail as he defends her. Jose may be learning it as he goes along.

He's a criminal defense attorney working in Orange County Florida. It's his job to know the rules.

Wait! I bet it was the nanny or the squirrels, payback is h3ll !

I'm not sure the clothing came from the Anthony home. That blazer did not fit right at all, and it surely was not her style.

Do you know that Cindy did not buy it for her(and stuff the pockets).?

Do you know that Cindy did not buy it for her(and stuff the pockets).?

No, of course I don't know. That's why I said, "I'm not sure." The bracelet was not found in a pocket, it was found in a sock. Reports say that Baez is the one who put it there.

I bet you anything, anything, Baez bought that suit for her. When she first came in and sat down, I looked at him whisper to her, and I'm sure he said, "You look nice." My niece reads lips for the deaf, she's trained for that. I'm gonna call her and see what she says he said.

I've worked for Atty's before, and they do sometimes provide their clients with clothes, ties, shoes etc. and that is probably how he convinced her to go willingly to court without fighting. He is so schnookered.

If he bought her that nice suit, of course she wouldn't disappoint him by not showing up and having to be dragged. Ha, I knew she was gonna show up all kiss *advertiser censored**! But, it is his job to tell her to grow up and act right in the courtroom, so none of this surprises me.

maybe baez borrowed that jacket from his wife..wouldn't it be funny if he took it without her knowing and she went looking for the jacket, wondering where it was and then she see's casey wearing her jacket on tv!! haha

regarding the bracelet.. you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that baez was trying to sneak it past the jail guards...think about it, where do druggies always hide their stash? in their socks or shoes (or one other place but it's too gross to say).
he knew what he was doing and got caught, makes me wonder if he has successfully smuggled other things to her.

maybe baez borrowed that jacket from his wife..wouldn't it be funny if he took it without her knowing and she went looking for the jacket, wondering where it was and then she see's casey wearing her jacket on tv!! haha

regarding the bracelet.. you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that baez was trying to sneak it past the jail guards...think about it, where do druggies always hide their stash? in their socks or shoes (or one other place but it's too gross to say).
he knew what he was doing and got caught, makes me wonder if he has successfully smuggled other things to her.

Did he think that no one would notice that she was wearing it in court?

I don't see the big deal with the bracelet either and I'm willing to give JB the benefit of the doubt and say that he might not have known it was considered contraband, BUT it was foolish thinking on his part to think that wearing that bracelet would bring any sympathy or compassion for his client. If anything, people would have been outraged that she dared wear it, just like when she wore the Caylee T-shirts.

He's the one screaming what my client wears is not relevant, how she looks doesn't matter. Yet he just tried to give her something to wear that everyone would notice! At the least, isn't that a little hypocritical?

Funny he would put it in her sox, the first place jail officials would look for contraband, the favorite spot of junkies hiding their stash...

Let's see, she's got a bracelet with her kid's name on it, but hasn't put up the kid's picture in her cell?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ouisie
Back