Baez Tries to Sneak Bracelet to Casey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What a shame she didnt get to wear it.:rolleyes: Fashion accessories are a must in the courtroom, and it would have gone so well with the cuffs and shackles.

Did he think that no one would notice that she was wearing it in court?

until i see a direct quote from him, i'm not so sure i believe the part about him wanting her to wear it in court, but if he did and he wanted people to see it, why hide it in the socks? why not just place it in a bag with the clothes? why hide it?

ITA...but where I was going with this is totally different. The only thing I will say is that I do not believe that KC just learned about JB in jail and hired him on a whim. Something else is totally bothering me. A lot. I just wish I had more proof.

Well, why don't you stop teasing with your post and wait until you have proof with your suspicions?

I don't think it's any more detrimental to the jury pool than all of the information released by the Sunshine Act.

There's a huge difference here. Documents being released under the Sunshine Act are being released lawfully; and consist of the results of an LE investigation, and, for the most part consist of the evidence to be adduced at trial. Evidence of a crime is just that -evidence. It can in no way poison the jury pool because it will be the same evidence introduced at trial. That it may be shocking, horrible, or even inflammatory makes no difference because it is what it is. On the other hand, to sneak contraband into a jail is a serious offense. That it is a "Caylee" is missing bracelet to be worn by the individual indicted for her murder as a means of "silently testifying" to her innocence is patently shocking. If she wants to publically declare her innocence then she should tell the secret story now that she has been holding back on per her lawyer.

My train of thought exactly. I don't think he thought it would go unnoticed. If that were the case, I think he would have tried to slip it to her outside of the jail, in the courtroom or something. I just think he thought it wasn't a big deal since it was rubber, and part of her "court" outfit, which would be taken off and returned. I mean, why would he slip the bracelet in the sock of part of an outfit that he probably knew she would be supervised changing into? Makes no sense to me. I really thought it was just a dumb mistake.

No, it was Baez. Snipped from the article posted: "But Eyewitness News has learned Baez also wanted his client to wear a Caylee bracelet, so he put it in one of her socks."

Wait a MINUTE! He goes in front of the press and says he doesn't want Casey having to come to pre-trial motions hearings because people are discussing what Casey's wearing but then he puts a Caylee bracelet hidden in a sock (which is totally CONTRABAND) because he wants her to wear it (WHY? TO GENERATE COMMENT ABOUT WHAT SHE'S WEARING)!

Christ on the cross!

Word. Take off the clown suit.

There's a huge difference here. Documents being released under the Sunshine Act are being released lawfully; and consist of the results of an LE investigation, and, for the most part consist of the evidence to be adduced at trial. Evidence of a crime is just that -evidence. It can in no way poison the jury pool because it will be the same evidence introduced at trial. That it may be shocking, horrible, or even inflammatory makes no difference because it is what it is. On the other hand, to sneak contraband into a jail is a serious offense. That it is a "Caylee" is missing bracelet to be worn by the individual indicted for her murder as a means of "silently testifying" to her innocence is patently shocking. If she wants to publically declare her innocence then she should tell the secret story now that she has been holding back on per her lawyer.

It can still cause people to form an opinion pre-trial about her guilt or innocence. I mean, just look around...most of us have decided she's probably guilty. Personally, I could never be a juror in her trial, due to the fact that I would not be able to remain impartial because of the documents that I've been privy to via the Sunshine act. Not to mention the many talking heads that are covering the case, and the attention that the constant release of records brings. Also, some of that information may NOT be able to be admitted as evidence, such as the jail house visits. Those could sway a potential juror's opinion. So I guess we just agree to disagree:)

eta: apparently the jail didn't think the "contraband" was that serious of an offense, as they aren't taking action, reportedly.

Exactly. No proof...just a weird gut feeling...but I totally get what you are saying.

Listen to your gut, I think you might be getting it. I feel it too that there is more to this than we are hearing and seeing for now. Somebody knows somebody who knew somebody, and why for her, that right there should answer your question. This bracelet thing sounds like a CA move, she just can't keep her nose out of KC's life, what or who would she complain about. The perfect mother would stand by her daughter, right?

Wait a MINUTE! He goes in front of the press and says he doesn't want Casey having to come to pre-trial motions hearings because people are discussing what Casey's wearing but then he puts a Caylee bracelet hidden in a sock (which is totally CONTRABAND) because he wants her to wear it (WHY? TO GENERATE COMMENT ABOUT WHAT SHE'S WEARING)!

Christ on the cross!

Word. Take off the clown suit.
\

This is what bothers me about it...not the "contraband" part, but the hypocrisy of his gesture. If it was he who slipped her the bracelet, that is:)

I don't doubt he did it LB35, I am just not excited about it at all.
I don't think rubber bracelets are the gateway contraband to guns LOL.
Seriously, the jail doesn't even really care, so it just doesn't sound like much of anything imo.

That the bracelet isn't a gun is the point.

Whoever brought the bracelet made sure that it was a kind of bracelet that would be a SAFE "oopsy"if it got found. And, because of the "oopsy",Casey's motherly desire for a "Caylee bracelet" is also hitting every potential jury pool.

I am more offended by the tasteless use of images of Caylee or Caylee jewelry for strategy than I am afraid of dangerous items Baez might smuggle Casey's way.

IMO

What I don't understand is why Baez keeps getting away with inappropriate behavior? He must of known it was not allowed when he had to put it in one of her socks/hiding it. The same way he tried to slip her the bracelet I can assume that is how the family has been keeping in contact with Casey. Through Baez. Casey writes them letters and Baez delivers. JMO. From what I can tell he will get away again, with giving her the bracelet. I wonder if Cindy sent it to Casey. Where would Baez get that bracelet? Is it one that is being sold by the Anthony's as well?

Quote: Jail officials told Eyewitness News they discovered a "Caylee" bracelet stashed in the clothes Jose Baez dropped off this week. He put it in one of Casey's socks.

It's not the first time Baez has been the center of questionable behavior at the jail. In October, Eyewitness News reported Casey's attorney violated policy when he hugged her twice. Guards told Baez touching his client was not allowed.

Chilly, I"m starting to think that he doesn't think things out very well. Like turning down the chance to look over the property. He also seems to burn bridges. And then seems surprised that folks are not falling over themselves to help him out.

JB appeared to be setting up a subject for the press. "My client is so distraught over her daughter and wanted to have something to remind her of Caylee during these trying times. (Whine) I'm saddend that the authorities who are with my client daily would be so callous as to think my innocent client would do something with a rubber braclet." I (JB) had no idea this wasn't exceptable and (once again)was against the rules. I hope JB's new students don't beat him up too bad!!!!

I think the scarier thing here everyone - is this- he didn't think they would check the clothes??? HELLO??? He sure doesn't appear to be to bright. I mean come on---he didn't have a clue??? Whoa....scary.

.... or, they knew it would be found, get out to the media and be a big story.

Had KC received the bracelet and wore it, it'd be hard to see given her outfit never mind read and probably would have been confiscated when they applied cuffs.

I think this was another JB PR ploy since it received more exposure in this way and everyone knows KC was to get a Caylee remembrance trinket now.

Maybe the A's can sell T shirt's and bracelet in the prison...that way she might get one in her next grab bag...

What I don't understand is why Baez keeps getting away with inappropriate behavior? He must of known it was not allowed when he had to put it in one of her socks/hiding it. The same way he tried to slip her the bracelet I can assume that is how the family has been keeping in contact with Casey. Through Baez. Casey writes them letters and Baez delivers. JMO. From what I can tell he will get away again, with giving her the bracelet. I wonder if Cindy sent it to Casey. Where would Baez get that bracelet? Is it one that is being sold by the Anthony's as well?
<snip>.

She did order writting tablet with stamps and envelopes off her commisary but I bet Baez is taking letters out for her....otherwise everything is looked at before it gets sent out!!

That the bracelet isn't a gun is the point.

Whoever brought the bracelet made sure that it was a kind of bracelet that would be a SAFE "oopsy"if it got found. And, because of the "oopsy",Casey's motherly desire for a "Caylee bracelet" is also hitting every potential jury pool.

I am more offended by the tasteless use of images of Caylee or Caylee jewelry for strategy than I am afraid of dangerous items Baez might smuggle Casey's way.

IMO
I still am not excited about it. I am more excited about the fact that this is actually a news story. because if his MO was to get it in the news then he is not so dumb after all.By publishing it and talking about it the public is apparently doing just what he had hoped. LOL.

I think the fact that it is a rubber bracelet and not a gun is the difference between a newsworthy story and not.

as always jmho.

Originally Posted by Chilly Willy

Obviously Baez knew people would see the bracelet if Casey wore it in court.

As it was, he was caught making a *safe* oopsy and Casey's motherly desire for a reminder of Caylee was news.

It was strategy to promote a more appealing Casey and because it involves a murderer (IMO) using her victim, I am not comfortable with it.

MOO

I do appreciate the way the other attorneys really call him out for how he improperly files items and such which is not lawfully sufficient. All of these motions from him that really don't ever net anything. Is it me or were they sitting really close? JB and KC were much closer than KC and her other atty.

Off subject but I wanted to confess... Ms. Belich lives in my neighborhood. (the reporter from WFTV)

For the Court and the State it's a conundrum - No one wants grounds for an appeal so JB files to let his experts be at crime scene while LE is there, motion denied - LE was finished and turned it over to him and he refused to go there with his experts - now he files this motion crying that the owner won't let him on the property and how it's so important for KC's Defense and the Case and the Judge grants his motion - has to.....even after all that I think JB and LKB will use this at trial...didn't get to see crime scene with LE and by the time they got to see it, it hadn't been secure for weeks and blah blah blah and no one really knows what was there or over looked blah blah blah -- IMO this was not a mistake by JB (not to go to crime scene when LE released it to him. It was a part of a big plan for defense so.............So anyway JB gets away with a lot because no one wants grounds for an appeal
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anchorite
Back