Bahamas - Lindsay Shiver, 36, mom from GA, lover and hitman all charged in Nassau plot to kill husband, 28 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has the court approved the bonds? Bbm

the three have been held at the Fox Hill Prison – the only detention centre in the Bahamas – since their arrest. Ms Shiver was granted $100,000 bail, and is required to wear an ankle monitor and stay in the Bahamas until her next court date: 5 October.

The other two men each posted $20,000 bail and also must wear monitoring devices. Mr Bethel and Mr Newbold will also be required to check in at the Marsh Harbour Police Station three times a week before 6pm. The men were also forced to stay in the Bahamas, as they had to surrender their travel documents.

The accused will have to stay in detention until the court approves their bonds, the outlet said.

Robert facilitated Lindsay’s release by telling prosecutors that would not object to his estranged wife being released on bond.

The conditions of Lindsay’s bail state that she must remain in the Bahamas and wear an ankle monitor until her October 5 court appearance.

[...] It is not yet clear if bail has been posted for any of the three defendants, or if they have been released.

last updated 7:20 AM, August 3, 2023

Does anyone else think she will try to throw her husband under the bus by saying he was abusive. How many times have we seen that? JMO
ETA: sorry. I'm really behind on this case.
Ita !
Wouldn't put it past her.
To even consider robbing your children of their father, forever .... boggles the mind.

Thankfully he is alive to defend himself.
And since he's not the one who plotted to kill her; I'm going to take what LS says with a grain of salt at this time.
Or maybe a truckload ?
Omo.

Reminder that

It's Five O'Clock Somewhere! Cheers!

Tsk, tsk. Lindsay is still in the Nassau jail after appearing in the Queen's Court.

Bahamas > Inmate Phone Service | Collect Call > NCIC Deposit (CNN reports she's out in link below)

Lindsay Shiver, < >, is accused of unsuccessfully conspiring with two Bahama natives to kill her husband

< > the alleged crime took place in the Bahamas and a trial in that country is likely as investigators from the country gather more evidence.

"Lindsay Shiver is going to face a criminal justice system she is less familiar with, where she may be subject to harsher statutory schemes under which she is prosecuted and harsher penalties," Fiset added.

MSN

She remains in custody at the Bahamas Department of Corrections until August 9 when she will inform the court of the address that she will live at in Nassau.

Lindsay Shiver remains in jail after being granted $100,000 bail on Wednesday, her lawyer told CNN.

Lindsay Shiver’s alleged co-conspirators, Terrance Adrian Bethel and Farron Newbold Jr., were released on $20,000 bail, her lawyer Ian Cargill told CNN Friday morning.

Cargill told CNN Lindsay Shiver remains in custody until August 9th but added: “There is a chance she may be out before the 9th.”

She'll be out and living in a gated luxury residence in the Bahamas, supported by her family. Her co-conspirators go back to their normal Island lives for the next few months. I don't see Lindsay laying low. JMO

It will be interesting to see what happens in the divorce case. There should be some sort of temporary custody arrangement and some sort of temporary arrangement of who gets what residence for the time being. I doubt the court will allow the children to go visit her in the Bahamas. And she can't leave the Bahamas for now.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the divorce case. There should be some sort of temporary custody arrangement and some sort of temporary arrangement of who gets what residence for the time being. I doubt the court will allow the children to go visit her in the Bahamas. And she can't leave the Bahamas for now.
I kind of think her soon to be ex husband should keep the kids from her; unless a heavily supervised visit ?
Not to mention the emotional toll this is causing the children. :mad:
Omo.

I kind of think her soon to be ex husband should keep the kids from her; unless a heavily supervised visit ?
Not to mention the emotional toll this is causing the children. :mad:
Omo.
I am assuming the kids are with him now, is that correct? So they will remain with him for the time being, simply for the fact that she can't come and get them. But without any sort of custody order, she is still entitled to the same custody as he is.

EXCLUSIVE: Lindsay Shiver 'sent photos of her ex-NFL player husband Robert Shiver to Bahamas 'hitman' Faron Newbold along with message reading 'kill him' - as he and her lover Terrance Bethel are pictured

(snippets from article)

The jailed mom-of-three accused of setting up a hit on her football player husband led a “double life” in the Bahamas and didn’t hide her affair with the man who police say plotted alongside her, The Post can reveal

“She lived a double life — this Georgia housewife with the lovely kids and the Bahamas bad girl. She got caught up in something really bad. It’s sad,” a source told The Post Friday."

The friend said she suspected Shiver was having an affair and towards the end the housewife didn’t keep it a secret, especially once Robert filed for divorce, citing her infidelity.

“From the outside looking in it was all perfect,” the friend said. “But she was bored for a long time. Lindsay was a firecracker.”

"Lindsay would openly spend time not only with Bethel, who works at a bar near the Shiver’s Bahamas home, but also his friends."

“I think she thought he was exciting, he was different,” the friend went on. “He’s a smooth guy, he likes to socialize with the tourists and the people with second homes here."

The article I posted gave Faron's nickname of Faylo, so we can post his FB

Talk about someone who could kick themselves for being stupid for a minute.

I don't see anything that would lead me to suspect FN of being a willing hired hit assassin but he can wave buh-bye to that electric power co. retirement account he's been likely building while working as a tech over the last decade. He apparently accepted a payment from LS. He's got legal fees to pay.

Following his arrest, I'm assuming the power co (mentioned in the DM article and clothing he's seen wearing) fired him or are they willing to risk keeping a potential hit man killer on the payroll? Good thing he's got a musical background to help with an income.

JMO

On the flip side, her story could be they were blackmailing her because she was unfaithful to her husband, she was using drugs, etc...so they plotted to murder her husband if she didn't pay them off.

I am really wondering how close they were to implementing this scheme. Still trying to wrap my mind around it and can only imagine how her husband is feeling.

All jmo
If they were dumb enough to leave enough cellular evidence to lead the police to 3 arrests….the entire truth is likely to come out.

This entire murder for hire plot is ridiculous. I just wonder how close to being executed it was. The more we learn the more juvenile the planning seems. Two dumb a$$es blow up their lives because of a bored American housewife who was treated, by most reports, like a princess. I don't see them finding much sympathy in the Bahamas.

Shiver admitted to sending incriminating text messages, but later claimed she wasn’t serious about the assassination threat and that she was just venting in the midst of a bad divorce, a Bahamian police source told The Post.

“To be honest, I’m sure she fantasized about it as the divorce got nasty and she felt desperate, but it’s just hard to believe she would think she could get away with it,” a second friend told The Post. “I’m just really sad for those three kids, they’re wonderful.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back