Bahamas - Lindsay Shiver, 36, mom from GA, lover and hitman all charged in Nassau plot to kill husband, 28 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
(snippets from article)

"Faron Newbold, 29, emerged from his smart, new-build home in the Abaco islands on Saturday morning clutching a green bottle and took off in a $50,000 Mercedes SUV.

The father-of-one pulled to the side of the road moments later to speak to DailyMail.com, winding down the window to tell our reporter: ‘I’ve told you guys, I’ll speak to you when my lawyer says it’s OK.’"

"We previously unmasked Newbold – alias Faylo - as a wannabe music producer and the son of a respected local politician in Marsh Harbour, the principal town in Abaco.

His day job is working as a structural engineer for a power company. According to Bahamian authorities, Newbold was enlisted by Shiver, 36, and her barman boyfriend Terrance Bethel, 28, to target her estranged husband Robert Shiver, 38."

I'm getting strong echoes of another case here:

Unlike that one, no one here was actually harmed, and I suspect this goes away with fines/ probation and, of course, a divorce.

It's all very Emma Bovary -- without the formal brilliance and language.

• Robert Shiver, 38, is said to have hired a private eye to track his wife Lindsay's activities on the island of Abaco in the Bahamas
  • The private investigator eventually caught Lindsay spending time with Terrance Adrien Bethel, a 28-year-old bartender in multiple locations
  • Lindsay was later arrested for trying to kill her husband amid bitter divorce proceedings

• Robert Shiver, 38, is said to have hired a private eye to track his wife Lindsay's activities on the island of Abaco in the Bahamas
  • The private investigator eventually caught Lindsay spending time with Terrance Adrien Bethel, a 28-year-old bartender in multiple locations
  • Lindsay was later arrested for trying to kill her husband amid bitter divorce proceedings

I wonder what prompted him to get a private eye to investigate her. Was it before or after the divorce filing?

I wonder what prompted him to get a private eye to investigate her. Was it before or after the divorce filing?

I feel confident that he knew she had been having ilicit affair/s. But you know, he had lots of $$$. I also feel confident that he knew he could do this private investigation to screw her, and get full custody.

Robert Shiver had filed for divorce April 5, and his wife had done the same the next day, according to a complaint at the Thomas County, Georgia, Clerk of Courts website.

Shiver listed Lindsay Shiver's "adulterous conduct" as a reason for divorce, saying the marriage is irrevocably broken, according to the court filings viewed by CNN.

Lindsay Shiver's filing says she "incurred debt beyond her means to pay" and asks that Robert Shiver be made to pay. CNN has reached out attorneys representing each in the divorce case.

Robert Shiver briefly was a member of at least one NFL team, according to his company's website. Court documents in the Bahamas misidentify him as Richard Shiver

Good question. Here's a DM version of the NYPost story:

Unnamed sources told the New York Post of Robert's plan to catch his wife cheating, saying he paid the private eye to tail her across several bars near their home in the exclusive Baker's Bay community.

On one occasion, the PI took a photo of Lindsay with the innocent manager of Grabbers Bar & Grill.

But when Robert went to confront the man, the manager insisted he had no idea what he was talking about.

It was only later that the sleuth caught Lindsay with Bethel, allegedly taking photos of the two in several different locations — including the Nassau, Bahamas, airport.

Those photos would play an important role in Robert's divorce case.

'It's common knowledge that they are dating,' a friend told DailyMail.com. 'It was like a crazy love affair between them.'

Husband targeted in murder-for-hire plot 'confronted wife's lover'

@DeDee ; Thanks for the link !
That just give me the heebie jeebies, thinking about LS wanting him dead, fgs -- after how he'd provided and cared for her !
Sure, now LS can claim that she wasn't serious ( 'I was just kidding, you know ?' ) or something like that; but Robert could have died if the hitman had gone through with her proposal.
Grrr !
Omo.

(snippets from article)

The jailed mom-of-three accused of setting up a hit on her football player husband led a “double life” in the Bahamas and didn’t hide her affair with the man who police say plotted alongside her, The Post can reveal

“She lived a double life — this Georgia housewife with the lovely kids and the Bahamas bad girl. She got caught up in something really bad. It’s sad,” a source told The Post Friday."

The friend said she suspected Shiver was having an affair and towards the end the housewife didn’t keep it a secret, especially once Robert filed for divorce, citing her infidelity.

“From the outside looking in it was all perfect,” the friend said. “But she was bored for a long time. Lindsay was a firecracker.”

"Lindsay would openly spend time not only with Bethel, who works at a bar near the Shiver’s Bahamas home, but also his friends."

“I think she thought he was exciting, he was different,” the friend went on. “He’s a smooth guy, he likes to socialize with the tourists and the people with second homes here."
Bolding mine.
Good grief.
Crazy.
Because she was bored ?
Many others would be grateful for such a life.
Omo.

The private investigator eventually caught Lindsay with Bethel. Robert allegedly confronted Bethel and sarcastically thanked him for confirming his suspicions about his wife's affair before filing for divorce.

"Thanks for taking care of my wife," Robert told Bethel after the pictures — expected to play a pivotal role in their divorce proceeding — were secured.

According to sources, the investigator captured photos of the couple in various locations, including the Nassau, Bahamas, airport.

Lindsay is alleged to have been hooking up with Bethel for several months after meeting him.

Following the discovery of her affair, Robert cut off her access to the luxurious residence and family's private jet in April, leading to the divorce filing on grounds of "adulterous conduct."

Since then, Robert and their three sons have stayed at their marital home in Thomasville, while Lindsay reportedly traveled back and forth to the Bahamas to be with Bethel.

At the time (of the text discovery) Robert was visiting his family home in the nearby Baker's Bay independently of his estranged wife. He got frightened for his life and promptly returned to the US with their children upon being informed by the police about the plot.

Last edited:

The private investigator eventually caught Lindsay with Bethel. Robert allegedly confronted Bethel and sarcastically thanked him for confirming his suspicions about his wife's affair before filing for divorce.

"Thanks for taking care of my wife," Robert told Bethel after the pictures — expected to play a pivotal role in their divorce proceeding — were secured.

If RS confronted Bethel then LS knew she was caught cheating and knew her husband would be quickly filing for divorce... she had to hurry-up and file, also. (One reason for the back to back divorce filings of each party). Or maybe I don't know how divorce works where they live. imo

NEW DETAILS: BAHAMA MURDER PLOT​

New video shows Lindsay Shiver, and two accomplices, whom authorities plotted to kill her husband.

(snippets from article)

"Our reporter approached the businessman and bar worker as he sipped beer and stared into the ocean at a secluded spot on the sun-steeped Abaco coastline.

'Go and get the transcripts from the police,' Bethel fumed in his first public comments.

'They have had both of my phones for three weeks. They've been through every single message - there's nothing there.

'None of us have anything to hide. People are taking everything at face value and defaming us.'"

The Abaco native is not named in the divorce but is nonplussed about being outed as the mystery Romeo, insisting the couple's 13-year marriage was on the rocks long before he fell for Shiver.

"'I love her. Everybody knows we are together. We are not hiding anything,' he added.

'She's a great mother. I have too much respect for her and her children to want to hurt their father.'

Bethel declined to say more without his lawyer's say-so but DailyMail.com can today reveal new details of the alleged burglary that alerted cops to the supposed conspiracy."

Well after reading this, I feel like the kids are victims and that's about it. What an absolute Toxic Mess, these people should have divorced before they even had kids and could be living their messiest best life!

(snippets from article)

"Our reporter approached the businessman and bar worker as he sipped beer and stared into the ocean at a secluded spot on the sun-steeped Abaco coastline.

'Go and get the transcripts from the police,' Bethel fumed in his first public comments.

'They have had both of my phones for three weeks. They've been through every single message - there's nothing there.

'None of us have anything to hide. People are taking everything at face value and defaming us.'"

The Abaco native is not named in the divorce but is nonplussed about being outed as the mystery Romeo, insisting the couple's 13-year marriage was on the rocks long before he fell for Shiver.

"'I love her. Everybody knows we are together. We are not hiding anything,' he added.

'She's a great mother. I have too much respect for her and her children to want to hurt their father.'

Bethel declined to say more without his lawyer's say-so but DailyMail.com can today reveal new details of the alleged burglary that alerted cops to the supposed conspiracy."

Thank you for the link to the exclusive DM interview and photo shoot. No doubt this alleged killer was paid for his exclusive services that were likely arranged yesterday during their encounter when he pulled off the road to offer a comment to them. $$ Hashtag Follow the Money. Hey, Bethel, we're not stupid. Wonder what his life was like a year ago before meeting LS. Was he corruptible or is he innocently in love w/ a possible sociopath?

"Bethel told DailyMail.com he doesn't believe the charges will stick, claiming the text messages seeming to provide evidence of a 'murder-for-hire' plot have been blown out of proportion and should not have been taken at face value" - from the exclusive DM report

I suppose he doesn't have his phones so he can't show the reporter the Trio's text messages sent via WhatsUp. Why did they use WhatsUp opposed to any other form of instant text messaging?

JMOO

Myself paraphrasing what might have been meant by Lindsay's 'barman beau', TB, at the DM link :
"Do not take the plot to murder a man at face value. It was just Lindsay being facetious. Move along, folks."

I mean, everyone experiences some degree of frustration in life, right ?
Well alrighty then.
:rolleyes:

Except the rest of us don't discuss murder or say/text "Kill him".
Unbelievable.
Omo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper