Bahamas - Lindsay Shiver, 36, mom from GA, lover and hitman all charged in Nassau plot to kill husband, 28 July 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not sure where to put this... but Court TV announced RS is dating Savannah Chrisley.... from Realty TV. Savannah Chrisley Spotted with New Love Robert Shiver After News She's Dating Alleged Murder Scheme Survivor
From what I can see there wasn't any love lost between RS and LS.

I wouldn't be surprised if both of them had wandering eyes prior to LS's affair with the bartender. They likely stayed together because of their love for the lifestyle they were living.

It doesn't make what LS did right in anyway. In her eyes killing him was her way out of the marriage and with him dead she would be able to keep the lifestyle she loved.

Not that it matters, but she wasn't crowned. She was second-runner up for Ms Peanut Queen. ;)

<modsnip - unnecessary>

I guess once you're that close to the Peanut Crown, anything else feels like butter disappointment.

Still think this is likely to end with something other than a lengthy sentence for Ms Nearly and her henchpersons. But predict that a lucrative if brief reality TV career likely beckons for brave Bob, if he wants it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lindsay was the one who needed R dead. Bahamas set her cash bail high and with steep release restrictions.

Yes, but why would a learning disability have anything to do with capability of hiring a killer for her husband's demise?

Some of her SM seems childish almost as she was growing up with her young children and playing the games they liked to play. She even had R making family tiktok vids.

Is being selfish a mental disorder? Maybe LS just wanted what she wanted by gosh and nobody would get in her way. Not even R. I certainly think Lindsay realized she could go to prison when she sent the KIll Him order. She did not care because satisfying her own self greed was paramount.

It seems the affair was much longer than a one night stand. It was at least since Feb. to July if not longer. She was flaming it by Feb tho, according to 911 calls. She did not care. She was determined to find a way to make it work with Bethel. IMO

Interesting thought and my guess would be she's never once held a job but was once crowned Ms Peanut Queen.

Isn't that just Lindsay's resting pouty face? We see it when she's in the garage of her home on July 16 when cop cam shows her pouting/brooding with a hand on her hip. Me, me, me, me and my car.

It seems all 4 of the adults around LS, at the time, were concerned she may be having a breakdown or experiencing a mental crisis because she was throwing her life and 3 boys away for a native island bartender. They felt her actions were erratic and unpredictable. They were right. She wanted to charge R with DV in retaliation for him finding out about her affair with the bartender bc she knew she was risking custody of the 3 boys. When that didn't work, she ordered a hired hit on Robert. JMO
Thank you for the time and thought you took in analyzing my thoughts. I would like to respond to one I feel very strongly about. A learning disability is not a "mental disorder". I do not and have not ever said that she has a "mental disorder" . My opinion was chiefly based on the MIL informing LE that Lindsay was "on Adderall" I understand it to be commonly prescribed for a learning disability. Your thoughts on that?

I am totally appalled how all parties involved in this situation, MIL, RS, & LS made use of the emergency services 911 number as their personal complaint service, prior to the Bahama arrests.
Anyone else?

Thank you for the time and thought you took in analyzing my thoughts. I would like to respond to one I feel very strongly about. A learning disability is not a "mental disorder". I do not and have not ever said that she has a "mental disorder" . My opinion was chiefly based on the MIL informing LE that Lindsay was "on Adderall" I understand it to be commonly prescribed for a learning disability. Your thoughts on that?
All I really know about Adderall is that it's an addictive Amphetamine. It is often given to children for treating ADHD.

In the cop cam when Ms Shiver says LS is taking "Adderall, and who knows what else", to me, it sounded as if this was a new drug history the family was learning about and not a prescription for Adderall L's taken most of her life. I could be wrong on that tho.

All I really know about Adderall is that it's an addictive Amphetamine. It is often given to children for treating ADHD.

In the cop cam when Ms Shiver says LS is taking "Adderall, and who knows what else", to me, it sounded as if this was a new drug history the family was learning about and not a prescription for Adderall L's taken most of her life. I could be wrong on that tho.
May I respectfully suggest you read up on Adderall and its uses for learning disabilities. And how in the world would you assume Lindsay was taking this (without) " not a prescription for Adderall" ?

May I respectfully suggest you read up on Adderall and its uses for learning disabilities. And how in the world would you assume Lindsay was taking this (without) " not a prescription for Adderall" ?
"it sounded as if this was a new drug history the family was learning about and not a prescription for Adderall L's taken most of her life"

My apologies for I thought everyone could read my mind. It means LS may have been taking a prescription of Adderall for most of her life but the conversation in the cop cam sounded, to me, more like Lindsay may have recently begun taking this prescription for Adderall and it's made her loopy, according to fam members.

If she was taking the controlled drug A, then surely it corrected any disorder she may have that required the medication. Adderall did not lead her to want her husband to be dead. Her love for herself and her lover wanted that to happen.

JMO

"it sounded as if this was a new drug history the family was learning about and not a prescription for Adderall L's taken most of her life"

My apologies for I thought everyone could read my mind. It means LS may have been taking a prescription of Adderall for most of her life but the conversation in the cop cam sounded, to me, more like Lindsay may have recently begun taking this prescription for Adderall and it's made her loopy, according to fam members.

If she was taking the controlled drug A, then surely it corrected any disorder she may have that required the medication. Adderall did not lead her to want her husband to be dead. Her love for herself and her lover wanted that to happen.

JMO
I respectfully suggest you research Adderall. I'm not a verified professional on this site to inform you. I only have experience within my own family that I can draw from.
And again, a learning disability is not a "mental issue" that can make you "loopy" whatever that means.

I respectfully suggest you research Adderall. I'm not a verified professional on this site to inform you. I only have experience within my own family that I can draw from.
And again, a learning disability is not a "mental issue" that can make you "loopy" whatever that means.
Adderall is also an often abused drug, by college students and other adults.
We don’t know if LS had a legitimate medical need for the drug or not, perhaps she did.
Regardless, her behavior concerning this situation she’s put herself in causes reason for pause, and sheds a questionable light, IMO.

As an aside, was prescribed Adderal when it was newly available by a provider that thought my anxiety was on the ADD spectrum.
Never again!
Jittery, angry, teeth gritting, frustration at family not buzzing like I was. Loopy would have been a relief though
If not the right drug for the right person the symptoms can be like taking speed
Highly abused and shared one also

Lindsay's next Bahamian Court appearance is in 2 days, on Thursday, Oct 5.

Is R on the island? Will he attend the hearing?

Does his new relationship have any influence on his feelings about his wife attempting to hire two men to kill him? Does he maintain full custody? What's the current status of their divorce?

Are her parents going to be in court to show support? What will happen at the hearing?

Lindsay's next Bahamian Court appearance is in 2 days, on Thursday, Oct 5.

Is R on the island? Will he attend the hearing?

Does his new relationship have any influence on his feelings about his wife attempting to hire two men to kill him? Does he maintain full custody? What's the current status of their divorce?

Are her parents going to be in court to show support? What will happen at the hearing?
I'd really like to know what is going on in that divorce case as well, but we might not have access to that.

looks like court appearance is delayed, but it is mentioned that there is enough evidence and the evidence is good enough that it is being moved straight to the supreme court. "there was enough evidence to forego a preliminary inquiry and send it straight to the Supreme Court, said Kevin Farrington, a tutor at the Eugene Dupuch Law School Legal Aid Clinic in the Bahamas. "They've made the determination that the quality of the evidence is such that they would want it accelerated to the Supreme Court."

Just curious.... Who here thinks she’s going to walk away from this unscathed?
Idk, but I’m guessing she very well might . JMO
I think that she will walk away from the Bahama’s case relatively unscathed. They’ll convince judge/jury she was just venting and there was no intent behind her messages. (Not saying that’s accurate, just how I see it playing out). I don’t think the divorce proceedings will go her way though. Regardless of her intent it won’t be an acceptable behavior to display in front of her children, especially if they can bring substance issues in.
JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VikkiB73