Bahamas - Lindsay Shiver, 36, mom from GA, lover and hitman all charged in Nassau plot to kill husband, 28 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess I mistakenly thought she was to have no contact with Bethel,
If they’re allowed to sit together and whisper.
Rules for thee; not for me.

LS may be accustomed to using wealth and power to influence and manipulate in order to get what she wants. The abuse of influencing with wealth, power and connections may be her downfall. IDK

My personal opinion: all in moderation. When a kid with ADD is prescribed it in therapeutic doses to increase focusing and concentration, it is one thing. When an adult abuses it, it is different. Women often take it to lose weight. The whole fashion-market was at one point stimulant-based, sadly. LS has to answer for own lack of morality, and no ADD, no treatment should be used as defense, IMHO.

But there are many studies showing that psychostimulants might cure cocaine addiction.

This study links together all medications and approaches used to treat meth addiction, not only psychostimulants. Maybe marginally pertinent for this case, but could be very important for Delphi case and many others.

I see nothing to consider she was "abusing" Adderall. As well, the popular weight loss med amongst those with money, is ozempic (or generic)

I came across a similar article to this just the other day, behind a pay wall.

Prescriptions for ADHD treatments surged during the Covid-19 pandemic, CDC report shows

"the largest annual increases in 2021 were among adults, especially women in their 20s and 30s."

There are long magazine pieces about this perceived trend, if anyone cares to google.

So I think it's quite possible LS received a prescription to Adderall within the past few years, based on widely available internet instructions on how to self-report symptoms... But I certainly wouldn't say it was a cause of anything, or even a true diagnosis of anything. Possibly just the latest in the search for 'mother's little helper'.

The fact that it was referenced by her mother-in-law in the midst of fractious divorce proceedings doesn't lead me to any conclusions, either. There is a shortage, so LS might not even have been taking it.

JMO

Prescriptions for ADHD treatments surged during the Covid-19 pandemic, CDC report shows

"the largest annual increases in 2021 were among adults, especially women in their 20s and 30s."

There are long magazine pieces about this perceived trend, if anyone cares to google.

So I think it's quite possible LS received a prescription to Adderall within the past few years, based on widely available internet instructions on how to self-report symptoms... But I certainly wouldn't say it was a cause of anything, or even a true diagnosis of anything. Possibly just the latest in the search for 'mother's little helper'.

The fact that it was referenced by her mother-in-law in the midst of fractious divorce proceedings doesn't lead me to any conclusions, either. There is a shortage, so LS might not even have been taking it.

JMO
Why would the MIL make mention of a prescription that LS is taking, to LE during her 911 call?

All I really know about Adderall is that it's an addictive Amphetamine. It is often given to children for treating ADHD.

In the cop cam when Ms Shiver says LS is taking "Adderall, and who knows what else", to me, it sounded as if this was a new drug history the family was learning about and not a prescription for Adderall L's taken most of her life. I could be wrong on that tho.

Adderall is also prescribed to adults.

JMO
The drug is generally prescribed for adults who are in college or to help improve focus and attention on the job. Haven’t read where it’s ordinarily prescribed to housewives. But who knows, maybe LS had difficulty focusing on and attending to being a mother. Maybe she couldn’t handle the “boredom”. Didn’t her friend call her a “firecracker “?

Why would the MIL make mention of a prescription that LS is taking, to LE during her 911 call?
I don't know. It may have come out during the interview with police after the call.

I can only assume it was referenced in support of MiL's claim that she needed police to protect her from LS.

"Robert's mother Robin, 63, alleges that Lindsay is on drugs and sums up the fractured marriage by telling deputies: 'It's a toxic environment.'"

"Lindsay Shiver explosive police calls as husband claims out of control

The drug is generally prescribed for adults who are in college or to help improve focus and attention on the job. Haven’t read where it’s ordinarily prescribed to housewives. But who knows, maybe LS had difficulty focusing on and attending to being a mother. Maybe she couldn’t handle the “boredom”. Didn’t her friend call her a “firecracker “?
I wouldn’t be surprised if LS was prescribed Adderall in the past few years and began abusing it. I know firsthand that the demand has skyrocketed because it’s been nearly impossible to find it in stock for the last two years. I know because I have ADD and was prescribed Adderall until the supply shortage started and my doctor switched me to Vyvanse. But I even started having trouble finding a pharmacy with Vyvanse in stock until the generic version was approved last month. (It’s been a nightmare, truly!)

Although… I do want to say that ADD medication isn’t just for people who need to focus on schoolwork. I seriously struggle to get through the day if I don’t take my medication. I inevitably end up slamming my hand in a drawer or injuring myself in some other way because my brain has already moved on to the next thing and I get careless. Driving can be super dangerous. It’s hard to explain how overwhelming everyday life can be when your brain is either focused on everything all at once or drowning in a fog because it’s exhausted.

I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.

I wouldn’t be surprised if LS was prescribed Adderall in the past few years and began abusing it. I know firsthand that the demand has skyrocketed because it’s been nearly impossible to find it in stock for the last two years. I know because I have ADD and was prescribed Adderall until the supply shortage started and my doctor switched me to Vyvanse. But I even started having trouble finding a pharmacy with Vyvanse in stock until the generic version was approved last month. (It’s been a nightmare, truly!)

Although… I do want to say that ADD medication isn’t just for people who need to focus on schoolwork. I seriously struggle to get through the day if I don’t take my medication. I inevitably end up slamming my hand in a drawer or injuring myself in some other way because my brain has already moved on to the next thing and I get careless. Driving can be super dangerous. It’s hard to explain how overwhelming everyday life can be when your brain is either focused on everything all at once or drowning in a fog because it’s exhausted.

Sorry to hear that, I hope the treatment is helping.

Thank you for clearing up this. I too am an adult on this med. It's not just for kids, it's not for weight-loss, etc. It can be really helpful. And it sounds like it's helping you too

Thank you, very much appreciate you sharing you’re personal experience and insight. It’s very helpful @cujenn81 .

:rolleyes:

Accused 'murder for hire plotter' Lindsay Shiver had $20,000 worth of jewelry stolen when a thief broke into her luxury Bahamas apartment as she slept, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

Shiver, 36, was home alone but had locked her bedroom door and didn't wake up as the intruder prowled the rented property hunting for valuables.

The ransacked items include a $15,000 diamond LeMel bracelet, a pair of gold rings – family heirlooms passed down to her by her grandmother and mother - and $200 in cash swiped from the former Georgia beauty queen's purse.

Mom-of-three Shiver only learned about Thursday night's raid when she got up the next day and noticed someone had been rifling through her clothes, bags and lingerie drawer.

1696953373423.png
Lindsay Shiver (pictured October 4) is desperate to leave the Bahamas and return to her three young children after her apartment was burglarized as she awaits trial, DailyMail.com has learned

:rolleyes:

Accused 'murder for hire plotter' Lindsay Shiver had $20,000 worth of jewelry stolen when a thief broke into her luxury Bahamas apartment as she slept, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

Shiver, 36, was home alone but had locked her bedroom door and didn't wake up as the intruder prowled the rented property hunting for valuables.

The ransacked items include a $15,000 diamond LeMel bracelet, a pair of gold rings – family heirlooms passed down to her by her grandmother and mother - and $200 in cash swiped from the former Georgia beauty queen's purse.

Mom-of-three Shiver only learned about Thursday night's raid when she got up the next day and noticed someone had been rifling through her clothes, bags and lingerie drawer.

View attachment 452554
Lindsay Shiver (pictured October 4) is desperate to leave the Bahamas and return to her three young children after her apartment was burglarized as she awaits trial, DailyMail.com has learned
Bedroom door locked, so guess her lingerie drawer isn’t in the bedroom.
IDK….. Guess I have a suspicious nature.

Bedroom door locked, so guess her lingerie drawer isn’t in the bedroom.
IDK….. Guess I have a suspicious nature.
"They think the guy scaled the side of the building and let himself in through the balcony doors,' a friend told DailyMail.com.

'We still don't know if it was targeted. He went through the two other bedrooms but fortunately Lindsay's door was locked."

Maybe she uses one of the extra bedrooms as her dressing room. IDK

Was that the same expensive bracelet she wore in jail or was that the Cartier Diamond and gold bracelet.

Why does she have these expensive items sitting around in a month-to month rental? Stupid.

Well I can't say it's fact, but I can speak for personal experience on this one and I was a housewife and prescribed Adderall as an adult. I was never diagnosed as a child. I got average grades in school because I was smart enough to get by, but that didn't mean I didn't struggle. <modsnip: off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back