Bahamas - Lindsay Shiver, 36, mom from GA, lover and hitman all charged in Nassau plot to kill husband, 28 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just curious.... Who here thinks she’s going to walk away from this unscathed?
Idk, but I’m guessing she very well might . JMO
Its a fair question. I don't know. The Bahamians don't like crime (its a conservative culture, plus crime is bad for the tourist based economy). So I guess it really depends on what evidence they have and really how far along this little plot was. If it was just her and the husband fighting, they probably wouldn't care as much. But this involved locals as well and other crimes. They won't let that go unpunished. But for domestic political purposes, they probably don't want to be seen as being harsh on locals and soft on tourists. And she may not agree to plea to anything. She has the divorce pending and certain will want best custody/visitation she can get. Pleading to anything about trying to kill her husband will destroy her case there. So she maybe feels compelled to deny everything to the end.

Inside the Lindsay Shiver case: an alleged murder plot to kill her husband in the Bahamas Oct 5

Although it could take months or even years for Shiver's case to move to trial, there was enough evidence to forego a preliminary inquiry and send it straight to the Supreme Court, said Kevin Farrington, a tutor at the Eugene Dupuch Law School Legal Aid Clinic in the Bahamas. "They've made the determination that the quality of the evidence is such that they would want it accelerated to the Supreme Court."

(sbm)

"They may be waiting on some additional evidence to add in the voluntary bill of indictment," Farrington said, referring to the criminal file that compiles evidence in the case that could include police reports, witness statements and police interview of the three defendants. "That's usually the cause of the delay."

If convicted, all three defendants face sentences of up to 60 years in prison. "Because it's conspiracy to commit murder, because the alleged murder was not carried out, then any possible sentence may attract the lower end of the sentencing scale of 35 years," Farrington said. "In this case, maybe somewhere in the range of 15 to 20 years if convicted, in my opinion."

The Shiver's also had a divorce hearing scheduled for this month. I think we have that date in this thread.

If the Queen's Prosecutor feels there is so much evidence that they can bypass a Prelim Hearing and go straight to the Supreme Court, I would guess there was money exchanged. I don't think a text message "Kill him" sent by LS to be enough evidence to rise to the occasion.

How I see it today may change but, for now, Lindsay corrupted two native Bahamians by involving them in a murder for hire plot for the father of her children, Robert Shiver. If money did change hands for the deadly deed, then she'll serve time in the hellhole prison. Such a long, devastating fall from grace for Ms<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

From your link

Shiver, 36, appeared before a Nassau magistrate only to learn that prosecutors had blown through a deadline to present evidence that she plotted the foiled 'hit' with her barman boyfriend Terrance Bethel, 28, and would-be assassin Faron Newbold, 29.

Lawyers for the trio groaned as police prosecutor Sgt. Cordero Farrington admitted the Voluntary Bill of Indictment (VBI) – roughly the equivalent to a disclosure in an American court – was not ready and asked to adjourn the case until December 1.

Nassau's Acting Chief Magistrate Roberto Reckley agreed to the adjournment but ordered lawyers from both sides to reappear on November 6 for a progress report.

Just curious.... Who here thinks she’s going to walk away from this unscathed?
Idk, but I’m guessing she very well might . JMO

You might be right. It's difficult to speculate in this case because it's in the Bahamas. For example, if all they had was that text, I don't think it would have been enough to even arrest her in the US. I think I saw somewhere that her next court date is later this month. So, she's been out on bail hanging out in the Bahamas for months.

I am very curious if they were able to link her BF to the robbery. I have periodically searched for information on that but have found nothing. IIRC I don't think there were any cameras. If they could link him up to stealing the $ to pay for a hit, then I think they are on their way to at least a conspiracy charge for her assuming one of the 2 guys rolls. jmo

Does anyone know if there has been an update on that?

I respectfully suggest you research Adderall. I'm not a verified professional on this site to inform you. I only have experience within my own family that I can draw from.
And again, a learning disability is not a "mental issue" that can make you "loopy" whatever that means.

"Adderall abuse can cause angry or violent outbursts. Side effects of Adderall can include anger and irritability. Adderall is a stimulant containing equal parts of racemic amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. ... We also now know that dopamine levels are highly increased during mania. The brain then adapts to the elevated dopamine levels during mania by decreasing the number and sensitivity of the dopamine receptors, which is know as down regulation."

Author Bio: Quazi Imam, M.D. Board Certified in Psychiatry. Board Certified in Addiction Psychiatry. Board Certified in Geriatric Psychiatry. Board Certified in Forensic Psychiatry. Former Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, NY. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist, Harvard Medical School Trained

The Shiver's also had a divorce hearing scheduled for this month. I think we have that date in this thread.

If the Queen's Prosecutor feels there is so much evidence that they can bypass a Prelim Hearing and go straight to the Supreme Court, I would guess there was money exchanged. I don't think a text message "Kill him" sent by LS to be enough evidence to rise to the occasion.

How I see it today may change but, for now, Lindsay corrupted two native Bahamians by involving them in a murder for hire plot for the father of her children, Robert Shiver. If money did change hands for the deadly deed, then she'll serve time in the hellhole prison. Such a long, devastating fall from grace for Ms<modsnip>
[BBM]

That's what I was thinking.
Inside the Lindsay Shiver case: an alleged murder plot to kill her husband in the Bahamas Oct 5

Although it could take months or even years for Shiver's case to move to trial, there was enough evidence to forego a preliminary inquiry and send it straight to the Supreme Court, said Kevin Farrington, a tutor at the Eugene Dupuch Law School Legal Aid Clinic in the Bahamas. "They've made the determination that the quality of the evidence is such that they would want it accelerated to the Supreme Court."

(sbm)

"They may be waiting on some additional evidence to add in the voluntary bill of indictment," Farrington said, referring to the criminal file that compiles evidence in the case that could include police reports, witness statements and police interview of the three defendants. "That's usually the cause of the delay."

If convicted, all three defendants face sentences of up to 60 years in prison. "Because it's conspiracy to commit murder, because the alleged murder was not carried out, then any possible sentence may attract the lower end of the sentencing scale of 35 years," Farrington said. "In this case, maybe somewhere in the range of 15 to 20 years if convicted, in my opinion."

[BBM]

I wonder if they linked up the robbery?

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiver said she plans to fight the delay in the case, because she doesn't want to wait until December to see her children.

76224659-0-image-a-19_1696539172458.jpg

Shiver said she plans to fight the delay in the case, because she doesn't want to wait until December to see her children.

76224659-0-image-a-19_1696539172458.jpg

DM named the suspects: Hitman and Lover!

"'You will be contacted if your presence is required,' he told ex-beauty pageant winner Shiver, who smiled and whispered to Bethel"

... ordered lawyers from both sides to reappear on November 6 for a progress report

Well, this is not good for her. She obviously never considered the ramifications of being detained for an act on foreign soil. jmo

"The island nation's bail act stipulates that a 'reasonable' period of time between a defendant being arrested and going on trial is three years.

But Chief Justice Ian Winter warned last year that a shortage of staff meant his department couldn't cope with the sheer number of cases despite launching an urgent recruitment drive for new lawyers.

Cameron Vincent, a then 18-year-old charged with strangling to death his 17-year-old partner, has just gone on trial for murder more than a decade after his August 2013 arraignment.

And late last year, authorities were forced to release double murder suspect Nathan Harding, 19 – accused of kidnapping and raping a mother and daughter in February 2020 – on $9,900 bail because they couldn't schedule his trial within three years.

The majority of new trials are currently being scheduled for 2026"

"Adderall abuse can cause angry or violent outbursts. Side effects of Adderall can include anger and irritability. Adderall is a stimulant containing equal parts of racemic amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. ... We also now know that dopamine levels are highly increased during mania. The brain then adapts to the elevated dopamine levels during mania by decreasing the number and sensitivity of the dopamine receptors, which is know as down regulation."

Author Bio: Quazi Imam, M.D. Board Certified in Psychiatry. Board Certified in Addiction Psychiatry. Board Certified in Geriatric Psychiatry. Board Certified in Forensic Psychiatry. Former Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, NY. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist, Harvard Medical School Trained

My personal opinion: all in moderation. When a kid with ADD is prescribed it in therapeutic doses to increase focusing and concentration, it is one thing. When an adult abuses it, it is different. Women often take it to lose weight. The whole fashion-market was at one point stimulant-based, sadly. LS has to answer for own lack of morality, and no ADD, no treatment should be used as defense, IMHO.

But there are many studies showing that psychostimulants might cure cocaine addiction.

This study links together all medications and approaches used to treat meth addiction, not only psychostimulants. Maybe marginally pertinent for this case, but could be very important for Delphi case and many others.

Last edited:
I bet she's thinking that being married to Robert, living a cushy life in Thomasville Georgia wasn't so bad after all. What a dumb a$$.

I feel sorry for Robert. Not only does he have to deal with the ramifications of his wife and mother of his children texting “kill him” to some barman on the island. R and L have kids together, and the story is well-known. I feel bad for the kids, too. Robert appears to be a hard worker who tried to do everything to provide for the family, not just the scion of a wealthy family.

I bet she's thinking that being married to Robert, living a cushy life in Thomasville Georgia wasn't so bad after all. What a dumb a$$.
President Jimmy Carter attended the peanut festival in his hometown of Plains, GA. Is that the same location of the festival where LS won her Runner-Up PQ sash? She has not seen her offspring since mid-July? On the surface, R appears capable of satisfying his needs.

A feeling of abandonment can cause PTSD. One or more could suffer from anxiety due to the severe repercussions of the loss, esp. in this situ. They may live in omniscient fear of losing something else or someone else they care about. Abandonment issues can be reflected in the way they react to others in society. They'll cling to their loved ones or push almost everyone away. An ability to trust is difficult to obtain again for the emotion of betrayal can be heartbreaking and probably is the most difficult emotion to overcome and heal.

LS was caught whispering and smiling with her lover in court this week. My impression is one that she's independently wealthy + fam funds may absorb the cost of her bail, her lawyers, and possibly the rent, the spa and food. What will be the repercussions of her unrequited love during the separation from her lover?

President Jimmy Carter attended the peanut festival in his hometown of Plains, GA. Is that the same location of the festival where LS won her Runner-Up PQ sash? She has not seen her offspring since mid-July? On the surface, R appears capable of satisfying his needs.

A feeling of abandonment can cause PTSD. One or more could suffer from anxiety due to the severe repercussions of the loss, esp. in this situ. They may live in omniscient fear of losing something else or someone else they care about. Abandonment issues can be reflected in the way they react to others in society. They'll cling to their loved ones or push almost everyone away. An ability to trust is difficult to obtain again for the emotion of betrayal can be heartbreaking and probably is the most difficult emotion to overcome and heal.

LS was caught whispering and smiling with her lover in court this week. My impression is one that she's independently wealthy + fam funds may absorb the cost of her bail, her lawyers, and possibly the rent, the spa and food. What will be the repercussions of her unrequited love during the separation from her lover?
I guess I mistakenly thought she was to have no contact with Bethel,
If they’re allowed to sit together and whisper.

My personal opinion: all in moderation. When a kid with ADD is prescribed it in therapeutic doses to increase focusing and concentration, it is one thing. When an adult abuses it, it is different. Women often take it to lose weight. The whole fashion-market was at one point stimulant-based, sadly. LS has to answer for own lack of morality, and no ADD, no treatment should be used as defense, IMHO.

But there are many studies showing that psychostimulants might cure cocaine addiction.

This study links together all medications and approaches used to treat meth addiction, not only psychostimulants. Maybe marginally pertinent for this case, but could be very important for Delphi case and many others.

I only cited the article because of the request that it be researched. Personally, I have no feeling one way or the other except I have been feeling for some time like there has been an increasing amount of violent crimes being committed by young people. I am not saying this as a fact, it just seems that way. And, I am not saying there is a link between the two. That knowledge is nowhere near my wheelhouse.

jmo

I only cited the article because of the request that it be researched. Personally, I have no feeling one way or the other except I have been feeling for some time like there has been an increasing amount of violent crimes being committed by young people. I am not saying this as a fact, it just seems that way. And, I am not saying there is a link between the two. That knowledge is nowhere near my wheelhouse.

jmo

(We’ll have retrospective data. How Covid and isolation affected young people’s brains, how postcovid depression did.) You know, many participants comment on LS “stupidity” to waste away own life like this, but I think simple morality, the bare minimum of it, the understanding that one shouldn’t kill people, people either have, or don’t. So far, I have seen no correlation with IQ, religion or lack thereof, spirituality or lack thereof, either way. The lack of ability to ask, “how will my children’s life change if they lose the father?” is also shocking. Honestly, in LS I see egotism and inability to think of anyone but herself. We do have “crime of passion” and perhaps some people who have serious mental issues could find themselves in such situations, but fortunately, it is rare.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123
Back