GUILTY Bali - Bali Nine, Australians arrested for heroin trafficking, 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm keeping vigil. It's all I can do.

Andrew and Myuran will never be forgotten. Their rehabilitation will inspire many to change their lives for the better.

My heart is heavy tonight. Tomorrow there will be visceral anger but tonight, I am with Andrew and Myuran, their loved ones and my kindred spirits here.

Be kind to yourselves in the morning. X

The Guardian Live update page is crashing repeatedly.

I'm sticking to abc. I couldn't get on the guardian site at all.

I didn't think it could get any worse, then I read this:

The nine prisoners will be executed separately, in turn, after midnight Jakarta time.

Each will have a separate firing squad of 12 officers. Three of the 12 guns will contain live rounds.

Apparently, each execution takes around 10 minutes (that is the time a final shot will be fired if there are still signs of life). Poor Mary Jane is 3rd. The Indonesian prisoner is last. So, that poor man has to wait for an hour an a half, hearing all the separate gunshots, until it is his turn.

I thought they would be all together at the very end, and it would be over within minutes.

This is beyond barbaric, it is just sick, sick, sick.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/li...han-myuran-sukumaran-executed-indonesia-mercy

In solidarity. I am from Brazil and knew, through previous hang gliding days, Marco Archer who was executed in January. This is beyond barbaric. I am sickened by the hypocrisy and corruption within the Indonesian judicial system. My heart goes out to the families as cannot fathom their pain.

rodrigo_goularte.jpg

I think a good way to honor these people is to boycott Indonesia completely. It is only when people on the inside demand change that change will happen and if tourism grinds to a halt, the people of Indonesia will clamor for changes to the law.

i am so glad to see the comments here on this,i commented on an article yesterday stating that they didn't deserve the death penalty (and i am a big advocate for the DP)and i got jumped on by other commenters.

truly sad and a barbaric way to go.

:rose:

35s ago
17:27
Amnesty International posts these details of how the executions will take place:

They are due to be shot by human beings. A group of special police officers will tie each prisoner to a post in dark nightfall, just before midnight. A colleague will shine a torch onto the prisoner’s heart.

Another group of police officers will line up and fire at the target. Only some of the officers will have live ammunition, others will fire blanks so that they don’t have to face the moral consequence of guilt and blame, of knowing who fired the fatal shots.

Thoughts are with the prisoners and of course their family and friends at this terrible time.

I too was shocked to read the process, and how long it will take from start to finish. I had assumed that all nine would be together when it happened.

I thought I read earlier that the prisoners will have to walk through the jungle for approx 1 mile (3km) to get to the clearing where the executions will take place. I can't find where I read it. Has anyone else read the same and can post a link please?

I think a good way to honor these people is to boycott Indonesia completely. It is only when people on the inside demand change that change will happen and if tourism grinds to a halt, the people of Indonesia will clamor for changes to the law.

Absolutely! I will never set foot in Indonesia. A lot of Aussies are saying the same thing. I will also boycott any Indonesian goods etc I can.

i am so glad to see the comments here on this,i commented on an article yesterday stating that they didn't deserve the death penalty (and i am a big advocate for the DP)and i got jumped on by other commenters.

truly sad and a barbaric way to go.

:rose:
josie, I agree. I do not, and could never, condone what they have done. They made huge mistakes. They knew the law. They deserve very long prison sentences. I believe in the DP for heinous crimes. But this is beyond the pale in terms of barbaric and it will not, and does not, resolve Indonesia's drug problems. IMO

Thoughts are with the prisoners and of course their family and friends at this terrible time.

I too was shocked to read the process, and how long it will take from start to finish. I had assumed that all nine would be together when it happened.

I thought I read earlier that the prisoners will have to walk through the jungle for approx 1 mile (3km) to get to the clearing where the executions will take place. I can't find where I read it. Has anyone else read the same and can post a link please?

Yes I read that too. This article describes a trek to the place of execution. Its like they tried very hard to make the whole experience as chilling and frightening as they possibly could.

The Australian men are expected to be led from their isolated cells in Batu prison through the wildly dense tropical forest up a 3km steep winding track to a place called Nirbaya - or more appropriately known as Death Valley.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...maran-Andrew-Chan-revealed.html#ixzz3Ycit5y6b
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

josie, I agree. I do not, and could never, condone what they have done. They made huge mistakes. They knew the law. They deserve very long prison sentences. I believe in the DP for heinous crimes. But this is beyond the pale in terms of barbaric and it will not, and does not, resolve Indonesia's drug problems. IMO

it just baffles me that 2 people who committed a murder are sentenced to 10 and 18years and then she gets drunk to celebrate,yet these people are being sentenced to die.

of course what they did is wrong but i don't see this a way to solve drug problems in the country.

I came to learn of Andrew and Myuran from following that farce of a corrupted case in the Bali suitcase murder.

My heart is broken today. :cry:

I will never consider visiting Indonesia and I'll be sure to pass on my disgust of the country and their "justice" system at every opportunity. I will discourage every person I know or engage in travel conversation from ever considering a visit to that country. I know several travel agents whom I will be speaking to and suggesting that they discourage their clients from visiting for their own personal safety. The things I've learned about the corruption in that country need to be passed on. I hope everyone else around the world watching this unfold does the same.

Only the people of the country can affect change. They need to understand, through their pocketbooks, why change is needed in their country.

And to think their President was elected on his anti-corruption stance. Pfft. The people want it, they just didn't get it with this liar.

MOO

Just seen this - He is a news editor according to his Twitter profile. No idea if it is true .....

Bryce Green ‏@brycewg 4m4 minutes ago
Indonesia's Metro TV reporting at this late hour only 8 to be executed. It says the execution of Mary Jane Veloso has been delayed. #Bali9

I really hope it is true. I abhor the death penalty for all of these poor people, but this lady really does appear to have been duped and was the victim of human trafficking. However, I don't have much faith in the Indonesian "justice" system.

However this also just published by The Guardian:

3m ago
18:31
Rappler Indonesia has published what it says is the order of executions.

The Guardian has not been able to verify this.

Myuran Sukumaran
Andrew Chan
Mary Jane Veloso
Martin Anderson
Sylvester Obiekwe Nwolise
Rodrigo Gularte
Raheem Agbaje Salami
Okwudily Oyantze
Zaenal Abidin

So, the Indonesians will not even allow the Australian men to comfort the others and look after Mary Jane, as they wanted :(

http://www.theguardian.com/world/li...han-myuran-sukumaran-executed-indonesia-mercy

Lots of online media reporting that 8 executions took place. Mary Jane was spared. No word as to if this is just a stay of execution or what.

Herald Sun ‏@theheraldsun 44s45 seconds ago
UPDATE: Chan and Sukumaran executed in #Indonesia, as prisoner #MaryJaneVeloso spared #Bali9 http://trib.al/g0knf0f

BREAKING NEWS: Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew Chan executed by firing squad along with six others - but Indonesians spared a Filipino woman at the last minute, reports say

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mned-refused-choice-priest.html#ixzz3YcwLktAu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I feel quite sick. Such gruesome, horrific news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bucky357
Back