GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why'd they wait 'till the very end of the trip for him to fly out? Why not come a week earlier? Then he could've gotten to see the beach at least, if joining Heather on vacation was the true purpose. Otherwise since he arrived only a few hours before the murder, he appears to be a hit man going for the sole purpose of murder.
From the timeline: Mon, 7/21/14 “Leaving Aug 4th for Indonesia might not come backkkk” TS wrote on his FB page according to DailyMail.co.uk, yet he doesn't arrive until 8/12.

I don't think HM &TS were planning to go back to the States.
I wonder if there were 2 spare seats on some plane, bus or cruise in their names which were never filled in the days after the murder.
Just my opinion, but TS wouldn't have had time to get over the jetlag before he was supposedly due to be on his way back to the States if they were going off Sheilas itinerary.

I've never read that.

Do you remember where it said her hand was broken?

It's in the third paragraph of the very first post of this thread. Of course it was early on and could be erroneous.

ETA: Going back it looks like the poster paraphrased the article and was mistaken.

Why'd they wait 'till the very end of the trip for him to fly out? Why not come a week earlier? Then he could've gotten to see the beach at least, if joining Heather on vacation was the true purpose. Otherwise since he arrived only a few hours before the murder, he appears to be a hit man going for the sole purpose of murder.
From the timeline: Mon, 7/21/14 “Leaving Aug 4th for Indonesia might not come backkkk” TS wrote on his FB page according to DailyMail.co.uk, yet he doesn't arrive until 8/12.

TS did not have an updated passport and even though he put a rush on it, he did not have the passport on the 4th when he expected to go. This was posted on his facebook. I'd imagine he took off as soon as his passport did arrive and he could make arrangements for a change in the flight. But many of us were wondering, if it takes 30hrs to fly there, who would want to do this for about one full day of beach time before having to pack up and reboard another 30 hour return trip? not to mention, he got there after midnight apparently and by daybreak SWM was dead and he was already back at the airport trying to leave. I'd still like to know if both of their passports were locked up or just hers. Did he stay behind because she couldn't fly out?

MOO

Going from central time zone to Hawaii caused me 3 days of adjustments. I can't imagine going 24 hours there and turn around and fly back a few days later. I know he's young, but dang. That is hard on the body.

You know, I don't think I connected that he arrived around midnight and she was deceased the next morning. Is that right? When were they arguing? I need to relook at time lines.

You know, I don't think I connected that he arrived around midnight and she was deceased the next morning. Is that right? When were they arguing? I need to relook at time lines.

It is my understanding that TS showed up at the St Regis some time after midnight. He and HM argued with SWM in the lobby around that time about his unexpected arrival and who was going to pay for his accommodation. At some point he was assigned a room on the 6th floor. At 3:45am, same evening/early morning SWM was reportedly seen alone in the lobby. At 6:45am a female, either HM pretending to be SWM or SWM herself, called and asked for a wake up call for 10am. We are still talking about the same early morning. TS at this point had only been there under 7 hours, all in the dark. By 8:40am he was entering SWM's room. At an unknown time he was seen leaving SWM's room with the suitcase. HM was seen leaving the room at 9:52am. No one answered the wake-up call at 10am, less than 10 hours since TS had arrived SWM was dead in a suitcase in TS's room.

MOO

I'd like to see confirmation by someone other than TS that his passport did indeed arrive late and when he said it did.

I'm also interested to see what addition flights/destinations he had scheduled, including return flight to US, along with all dates/times.

TS did not have an updated passport and even though he put a rush on it, he did not have the passport on the 4th when he expected to go. This was posted on his facebook. I'd imagine he took off as soon as his passport did arrive and he could make arrangements for a change in the flight. But many of us were wondering, if it takes 30hrs to fly there, who would want to do this for about one full day of beach time before having to pack up and reboard another 30 hour return trip? not to mention, he got there after midnight apparently and by daybreak SWM was dead and he was already back at the airport trying to leave. I'd still like to know if both of their passports were locked up or just hers. Did he stay behind because she couldn't fly out?

MOO

BBM: I wonder if he even had a return or onward ticket. Seems that people frequently get away without having one when entering Indonesia, even though it is required. Did Heather even know enough to get him a return or onward ticket in the first place? Sheila would have purchased all their previous overseas travel tickets, I'm sure. That could be why he said he may not be backkkkk.

All kinds of mixed responses and experiences here about having a return ticket when leaving your own country, and when entering Indonesia.
https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thornt...eed-a-return-ticket-booked-to-enter-indonesia
http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/showthread.php/7851-Entering-Indonesia-on-a-one-way-ticket
http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowT...eed_to_purchace_return_ticket_to_OZ-Bali.html

I wonder if Sheila's change of Hotels stuffed up their plans in some way.

Another thing that may be worth mentioning … (though I’m not sure why :floorlaugh:)

Last time I was overseas (Canada) I went to use my credit card, and found I needed a special PIN code for purchases over $200. I stupidly had not checked with my bank before leaving, and so was unaware that they had international precautions set on all credit card use. I also tried to use my credit card for an online purchase while away, and same thing, I did not have the special code for purchases over $200. (Must have ‘known’ I was using an overseas URL.)

While this did not cause me any issues, if US banks do something similar, it may have caused HM some issues. If she did not know her mother’s overseas credit card code, did not have her return ticket to the US to cash in/exchange/change (locked in lock box), she may not even have been able to buy flights for them both to a place that does not require a passport from Bali … like Jakarta or somewhere else … and deal with the passport issue elsewhere.

Another thing that may be worth mentioning … (though I’m not sure why :floorlaugh:)

Last time I was overseas (Canada) I went to use my credit card, and found I needed a special PIN code for purchases over $200. I stupidly had not checked with my bank before leaving, and so was unaware that they had international precautions set on all credit card use. I also tried to use my credit card for an online purchase while away, and same thing, I did not have the special code for purchases over $200. (Must have ‘known’ I was using an overseas URL.)

While this did not cause me any issues, if US banks do something similar, it may have caused HM some issues. If she did not know her mother’s overseas credit card code, did not have her return ticket to the US to cash in/exchange/change (locked in lock box), she may not even have been able to buy flights for them both to a place that does not require a passport from Bali … like Jakarta or somewhere else … and deal with the passport issue elsewhere.
I've had this problem just even within my own state in the U.S. when my bank got overly protective of my account (fraud protection) and shut down our credit cards while we were on vacation, and wouldn't you know it, it was a weekend/holiday and they weren't there??? Took several calls to straighten it out and prove we weren't thieves using our card.

This is a pretty interesting mult-page article which outlines concisely the Mack lawsuit story and the Murder.

Interestingly, I found this ...(quoted below) - was this in one of the Police reports from one of the 80+ phone calls to them?
http://www.cruisebruise.com/Cruise/Laws/Royal_Caribbean_Cruise_Line_Settlements_Leads_To_Murder.html
Page 2: Police reports quote Von Weise-Mack as saying Heather hit her, bit her and threatened to hit her in the head so it wouldn't leave bruises. At one point the victim alleges her daughter locked her in a room of their house so she couldn't call 911 during an argument with her daughter.

Now if we only knew what the exact cause of death was for Sheila - was there a blow to the head area?
Seems too close to home (coincidental) that Heather knew these assault tactics and SvWM was attacked (just as HM had threatened) and poor Sheila did die :(

Also listed - a page of Police reports:
http://www.cruisebruise.com/Cruise/Laws/Sheila_Mack_Police_Reports.html
Sheila Mack Police Reports that contain Violent behavior from Heather Mack: 16 Reports
Sheila Mack Reported To Police that Heather a Minor took sexualy explicit selfies for money: 1 Report
Domestic Disturbance - 911 Response - Theft Reports: 11 Reports
Heather Mack Runs Away - Heather is Reported Missing: 11 Reports

BBM: I wonder if he even had a return or onward ticket. Seems that people frequently get away without having one when entering Indonesia, even though it is required. Did Heather even know enough to get him a return or onward ticket in the first place? Sheila would have purchased all their previous overseas travel tickets, I'm sure. That could be why he said he may not be backkkkk.

All kinds of mixed responses and experiences here about having a return ticket when leaving your own country, and when entering Indonesia.
https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thornt...eed-a-return-ticket-booked-to-enter-indonesia
http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/showthread.php/7851-Entering-Indonesia-on-a-one-way-ticket
http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowT...eed_to_purchace_return_ticket_to_OZ-Bali.html

It always appeared to me that TS going to Indonesia with HM was a pre-planned, prepaid flight originating around the time period of July 21-23rd when HM obviously had access to at least one of SWM's credit cards and was charging things at the hotel. I can just see the two of them holed up in that hotel, drunk or stoned, deciding that he should come on vacation with her so she wouldn't have to spend the time with her mother. Imagine how surprised she'd be to see TS on the trip and what could she do about it..blah blah blah. I picture them having quite a laugh over the whole idea and deciding to go for it. Now when looking up flights online, they almost always list a return flight first. You have to manually change it to make it a one way flight. So I believe that the plan, at least for TS to come to Bali with them, was hatched at that time and likely the ticket was purchased. And I do believe that it was also at that time that he realized he'd need to renew his passport and put a rush on it. Now what I'm not sure of is whether they were able to get the same return flight that SWM and HM were travelling on or whether they had booked a different one. And when his passport didn't arrive and he had to wait another week to be able to go, how did he change his flight? He obviously missed the departure flight on the 3rd or 4th but he would still have had the return flight booked. Was he able to switch the departure flight to a later date without penalty? Did HM book another flight for him online while she was in Bali? Is that where she was or what she was doing for 4hrs on the 8th when SWM couldn't find her? Did she have access to SWM's credit cards then? Well actually I think she just had the numbers all written down and could use them online whenever she wanted. I guess all this info will come out at the trial?

MOO

I wonder if Sheila's change of Hotels stuffed up their plans in some way.

I believe the plan was always to change hotels. SWM used Starwood points for the St Regis. She probably didn't have enough for the whole 10 days or it wasn't available for the whole 10 days so she had to arrange to stay somewhere else for part of the trip right from the outset.

MOO

This is a pretty interesting mult-page article which outlines concisely the Mack lawsuit story and the Murder.

Interestingly, I found this ...(quoted below) - was this in one of the Police reports from one of the 80+ phone calls to them?
http://www.cruisebruise.com/Cruise/Laws/Royal_Caribbean_Cruise_Line_Settlements_Leads_To_Murder.html

Now if we only knew what the exact cause of death was for Sheila - was there a blow to the head area?
Seems too close to home (coincidental) that Heather knew these assault tactics and SvWM was attacked (just as HM had threatened) and poor Sheila did die :(

Also listed - a page of Police reports:
http://www.cruisebruise.com/Cruise/Laws/Sheila_Mack_Police_Reports.html
Sheila Mack Police Reports that contain Violent behavior from Heather Mack: 16 Reports
Sheila Mack Reported To Police that Heather a Minor took sexualy explicit selfies for money: 1 Report
Domestic Disturbance - 911 Response - Theft Reports: 11 Reports
Heather Mack Runs Away - Heather is Reported Missing: 11 Reports

FormerOakParker brought us that link back in post #852. Personally I think it's a good summary of the events so far although there does seem to be some possible misinformation in it based on confusing media reports and the author's own personal opinion on some of the points, written as though they were fact. Really appreciate that they divided up the police reports for easier access.

And yes, SWM was hit in the head. In the face to be more precise. With a heavy object. More than once. She died from asphyxiation from choking on her own blood due to her broken nose and other facial injuries. She also had a broken neck. So it is pretty damning that she told police that her daughter had said she would start hitting her in the head to avoid bruising.

MOO

It always appeared to me that TS going to Indonesia with HM was a pre-planned, prepaid flight originating around the time period of July 21-23rd when HM obviously had access to at least one of SWM's credit cards and was charging things at the hotel. I can just see the two of them holed up in that hotel, drunk or stoned, deciding that he should come on vacation with her so she wouldn't have to spend the time with her mother. Imagine how surprised she'd be to see TS on the trip and what could she do about it..blah blah blah. I picture them having quite a laugh over the whole idea and deciding to go for it. Now when looking up flights online, they almost always list a return flight first. You have to manually change it to make it a one way flight. So I believe that the plan, at least for TS to come to Bali with them, was hatched at that time and likely the ticket was purchased. And I do believe that it was also at that time that he realized he'd need to renew his passport and put a rush on it. Now what I'm not sure of is whether they were able to get the same return flight that SWM and HM were travelling on or whether they had booked a different one. And when his passport didn't arrive and he had to wait another week to be able to go, how did he change his flight? He obviously missed the departure flight on the 3rd or 4th but he would still have had the return flight booked. Was he able to switch the departure flight to a later date without penalty? Did HM book another flight for him online while she was in Bali? Is that where she was or what she was doing for 4hrs on the 8th when SWM couldn't find her? Did she have access to SWM's credit cards then? Well actually I think she just had the numbers all written down and could use them online whenever she wanted. I guess all this info will come out at the trial?

MOO

All good questions about his itinerary versus Heather and Sheila's - I'm sure there would be some tell tale signs about what was going on prior to the murder with times, dates and payment details that cant be disputed.
Hopefully there is someone having a look at these details and doing the calculations (just in case there's something to be found).

All good questions about his itinerary versus Heather and Sheila's - I'm sure there would be some tell tale signs about what was going on prior to the murder with times, dates and payment details that cant be disputed.
Hopefully there is someone having a look at these details and doing the calculations (just in case there's something to be found).

Oh you know there is going to be a paper trail...and if it turns out not to be premeditated (the murder) I just don't think Heather gave a damn and I doubt she's that clever. With the short turn around time for TS, it makes me think all the more that Heather charged the ticket without SWM's knowledge and had been telling TS that Mom was ok with it but her plans all along included liberating SWM's money and CC's to keep traveling with TS. I can't wait until we get some more details, up to about 2 weeks by my count on the 40 days extension they were given. I will be sending a thought across the Lake to Chicago shortly for SWM's memorial...that poor woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove