GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://24timezones.com/current_time/indonesia_bali_clock.php

I came across this a few days ago. Anyone of a "certain age" will recognize Ramsey Lewis. I keep forgetting what a presence James Mack had on the Chicago music scene. Was her father's legacy part of the allure for Tommy as an aspiring musician?

http://youtu.be/03mYGCbDRDQ

Early on I recall watching a news report (CBS or NBC) out of Chicago which included a phone interview with Ramsey Lewis asking his reaction to the breaking news of the murder...I'll try to find it if I get a chance.

Meanwhile TS was supposedly back in the US trying to hook up with an ex girlfriend. Does anyone remember where we saw that information?

MOO

Right off the top of my head I want to say it was an Oak Park or Oak Leaves article.

Yes, it was Oak Park ....

"The ex said Schaefer reached out to her again the weekend of Aug. 2-3, days before he was to fly to Indonesia.

"He asked if he could take the bus to see me, but I told him I had plans that weekend." She found it strange that he had made contact after so many years.

Schaefer never mentioned his current girlfriend, Heather Mack, who is also charged with murder in the death of her mother Sheila von Wiese Mack. "I never saw any photos on his Facebook or anything about her until now," said the ex."

http://www.oakpark.com/News/Articles/8-19-2014/Complex-portrait-emerges-of-Tommy-Schaefer/

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...r-boyfriend-charged-2&p=10953357#post10953357

09-12-2014, 03:41 PM #634
SouthAussie

And this is what Mr Suroso says about pre-charge detention in Bali ....

"Under Indonesian law they can be held in detention for twenty days, however if the court requires an extension it can be extended to 40 days. The maximum time they can spend in detention before being transferred to the prison authorities is three months."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...or-drug-smuggling-says-they-are-innocent.html

So, based on the above:

8/12/14
SWM was murdered

8/13/14 TS & HM were apprehended; 20-day detention period begins
9/2/14 20-day detention period ends; 40-day extension begins
10/12/14 40-day extension ends; two full months post crime
11/13/14 If LE maxes out TS & HM's detention time; three full months + one day post crime; transfer to prison authorities

:bump: - Hope we see some news today!

I hope so Quester!!! Do you think since it is after 11pm Friday night there that we'd get news over the weekend? The way that reads they have to charge or release within the 40 day period and then they may be detained for another month before they are turned over to prison authorities. So that's not unlike (in theory) the American penal system where you can only be jailed for up to 1 year, any sentence beyond 1 year is prison time and served in prison.

Ok, I have a question, I think I know the answer but here goes, so early on I heard about Heather's "Vines" which sounded like there were quite a few and of course her FB, Instagram, twitter and so on but I did not get to see any of them because they all got scrubbed with "the quickness" as some of my peeps would say, lol, yet virtually all of Tommy's remained. I suspect that in that first or second phone call Mr. Elkins asked Heather for her passwords so they could eradicate all that messiness :gaah: but that Tommy's Mom doesn't have his passwords to do the same. My question is (because I am cyber technically challenged) Is there an equivalent of a "screenshot" for Vines? Has anyone here seen them? Also did Tommy have a Vines account?

I hope so Quester!!! Do you think since it is after 11pm Friday night there that we'd get news over the weekend? The way that reads they have to charge or release within the 40 day period and then they may be detained for another month before they are turned over to prison authorities. So that's not unlike (in theory) the American penal system where you can only be jailed for up to 1 year, any sentence beyond 1 year is prison time and served in prison.

Ok, I have a question, I think I know the answer but here goes, so early on I heard about Heather's "Vines" which sounded like there were quite a few and of course her FB, Instagram, twitter and so on but I did not get to see any of them because they all got scrubbed with "the quickness" as some of my peeps would say, lol, yet virtually all of Tommy's remained. I suspect that in that first or second phone call Mr. Elkins asked Heather for her passwords so they could eradicate all that messiness :gaah: but that Tommy's Mom doesn't have his passwords to do the same. My question is (because I am cyber technically challenged) Is there an equivalent of a "screenshot" for Vines? Has anyone here seen them? Also did Tommy have a Vines account?

Oh ... you're right ... their Friday has nearly passed ... don't know if we'll read anything over the weekend ... I forgot about that pesky time difference. :thud:

I thought HM's "Vines" were still available for viewing? Don't know about the others.
[What I saw was all examples of stupid if you ask me. JMO]

When I log on to my twitter account, I see the twitter posts as 1:34pm 11th August for the "Don't f..." post, and I see 1:35pm 11th August for the "Make listening .." post. Is that what you see too? Not sure that the time/date changes in our region on twitter, as when I log on to my account the url shows as Twitter,Inc (US) - though tweets that we post definitely show our own time and date.

I see 3:34pm and 3:35pm, August 11th in EST. Which makes no sense since you are ahead of us. :waitasec:

At the moment Bali is 12 hours ahead of us. (not sure how the Daylight savings time affects things and we're currently on it) So those posts would actually have been made at 3:34am and 3:35am on August 12th in Bali? Right around the time SWM was walking around the lobby?

What is your time difference to Bali? If you were to convert the times you see to Bali time what do you get?

TIA

Yes, it was Oak Park ....

"The ex said Schaefer reached out to her again the weekend of Aug. 2-3, days before he was to fly to Indonesia.

"He asked if he could take the bus to see me, but I told him I had plans that weekend." She found it strange that he had made contact after so many years.

Schaefer never mentioned his current girlfriend, Heather Mack, who is also charged with murder in the death of her mother Sheila von Wiese Mack. "I never saw any photos on his Facebook or anything about her until now," said the ex."

http://www.oakpark.com/News/Articles/8-19-2014/Complex-portrait-emerges-of-Tommy-Schaefer/

Okay, so since it appears that SWM and HM left for Bali around 1:15am on August 3rd, they would have gone to the airport late at night on the 2nd to catch this flight. And in the same timeframe, TS contacted this ex girlfriend from out of state. The last time he contacted this girl and went to see her was in May just after the other ex girlfriend died in South Africa. He may feel very close to this woman as a first love and friend and it's been said he wasn't that close to his mother. So perhaps something was troubling him about HM, their relationship, the pregnancy and the whole Bali trip and he wanted to talk to this girl about his feelings again? Too bad she wasn't available. I can certainly see HM being very demanding and I still think she "tricked" him with the pregnancy ( I know it takes two to tango but telling a lie to a young horny guy is pretty easy if you catch my drift ;) ) so it's possible there were a lot of things bugging him. Talk about moving too fast. If they had only been dating 3 months, in that time she was pregnant and obviously talking marriage. He must have been torn between "wtf have I gotten myself into" and "I may have just struck gold". :dunno:

Either that or it's the age old "when the cat's away the mouse will play" scenario. :floorlaugh:

MOO

Actually, someone in Tommy's corner has his password for facebook anyway. The name has been changed and it's been set to private. But it's still there. His other stuff seems to be all there as well. He does have another Tommy Exx facebook but it's a facebook "page" strictly promoting his music. It was probably formed using his original facebook which is why they don't want to shut it down.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tommy-Exx/431093340310435

This link shows Vines that HM "re-vined". She is in a lot of them with her "Squad". Personally I notice a marked difference in her behaviour with different people and in her "interests" since it appears she started hanging with TS and his squad. She's like a chameleon, adapting to her surroundings.

https://vine.co/u/940463768373178368

Okay, so since it appears that SWM and HM left for Bali around 1:15am on August 3rd, they would have gone to the airport late at night on the 2nd to catch this flight. And in the same timeframe, TS contacted this ex girlfriend from out of state. The last time he contacted this girl and went to see her was in May just after the other ex girlfriend died in South Africa. He may feel very close to this woman as a first love and friend and it's been said he wasn't that close to his mother. So perhaps
something was troubling him about HM, their relationship, the pregnancy and the whole Bali trip and he wanted to talk to this girl about his feelings again? Too bad she wasn't available. I can certainly see HM being very demanding.
MOO

I think this is very much the truth, because it had been so long since he had been in touch with her and the sense of urgency, maybe he needed someone from his former life to bounce things off. Now for me, and my clients in this day and age there is no longer any such thing as "tricking" or "trapping" with a pregnancy. You're either going to be responsible if you're sexually active or you are going to be stupid. Tommy is 21, he knew full well regardless of what HM told him he should have used a condom for both health reasons and as backup birth control. As a Mother of now grown children I realize you must pound the message frequently into their pointy little heads to overide the raging hormones, but sorry, Tommy has no excuse unless they planned it. I could see Heather wanting to get pregnant, in a sense as you said before Kamille...it would solve any number of her problems. She knew SWM wouldn't turn her back on her.

I see 3:34pm and 3:35pm, August 11th in EST. Which makes no sense since you are ahead of us. :waitasec:

At the moment Bali is 12 hours ahead of us. (not sure how the Daylight savings time affects things and we're currently on it) So those posts would actually have been made at 3:34am and 3:35am on August 12th in Bali? Right around the time SWM was walking around the lobby?

What is your time difference to Bali? If you were to convert the times you see to Bali time what do you get?

TIA

More premeditation evidence???

Let's all take a moment to wish HM a happy birthday
and offer her a yummy piece of cake! :D

dsc_0002.jpg

I keep thinking of the one news clip where they are interviewing the two kids that spoke on camera and the reporter introduces them noting how they recalled attending Heather's "extravagant birthday parties". I'm generally a nice person but I hope she is in terrible mental anguish today recalling those birthdays past.

I think this is very much the truth, because it had been so long since he had been in touch with her and the sense of urgency, maybe he needed someone from his former life to bounce things off. Now for me, and my clients in this day and age there is no longer any such thing as "tricking" or "trapping" with a pregnancy. You're either going to be responsible if you're sexually active or you are going to be stupid. Tommy is 21, he knew full well regardless of what HM told him he should have used a condom for both health reasons and as backup birth control. As a Mother of now grown children I realize you must pound the message frequently into their pointy little heads to overide the raging hormones, but sorry, Tommy has no excuse unless they planned it. I could see Heather wanting to get pregnant, in a sense as you said before Kamille...it would solve any number of her problems. She knew SWM wouldn't turn her back on her.

No doubt TS is just as responsible for the pregnancy. He's a 21yr old man and should know better than to trust an 18yr old teenager. But they can be pretty stupid when it comes to not caring about what they are doing "in the moment". He is just as responsible and he knows it. Maybe that's just another thing that was bothering him.

IMO, HM was manipulating him big time. I think maybe it was starting to dawn on him. But he didn't know what to do about it. Run for the hills or stick with it waiting for the "pot of gold".

It appears he decided to "go for the gold". ;)

MOO

More premeditation evidence???

Hard to say since we can't figure out what time and date in Bali some of this stuff was posted. What times are you seeing? I'm assuming you are in Central Time?

TIA

Let's all take a moment to wish HM a happy birthday
and offer her a yummy piece of cake! :D

dsc_0002.jpg

Well yes...I suppose it is her birthday now where she is. I hope she chokes on her rice cake.

MOO

I keep thinking of the one news clip where they are interviewing the two kids that spoke on camera and the reporter introduces them noting how they recalled attending Heather's "extravagant birthday parties". I'm generally a nice person but I hope she is in terrible mental anguish today recalling those birthdays past.

I can't help thinking of what SWM was doing 19 years ago and how happy and excited she must have been at the prospect of becoming a mother for the first time. Likely going through her labour knowing that it would all be worth it.

That poor woman. :cry:

MOO

I think we need to first find out how Twitter records time for tweets. JMO

When traveling does Twitter store the tweet with the home time or the travel location time?

It doesn't seem to show where the person was when the tweet was posted so shall we assume the tweet time posted is the equivalent time at the tweeter's home location?

I think we need to first find out how Twitter records time for tweets. JMO

When traveling does Twitter store the tweet with the home time or the travel location time?

It doesnt' seem to show where the person was when the tweet was posted so shall we assume the tweet time posted is the equivalent time at the tweeter's home location?

I've been looking for info on this and will continue to look. But I would think if it records the tweeter's home time, then we would all see it the same? So far I've had two different times. Looking to see if any others are seeing something else in their time zones.

ETA: So I was not on daylight savings time in my settings. I was at GMT-5hrs. I have readjusted it to GMT-4hrs for the duration of our daylight savings time. The times I'm seeing are different. So it appears that it is determined by what time you have your twitter set at as to what time you see. Not what the "tweeter" has their time set at.

I now see 4:34pm and 4:35pm, August 11th. At this time Bali is exactly 12hrs ahead of me. Those tweets were likely done at 4:34am and 4:35am August 12th by this calculation.

Someone else wasn't sleeping it seems?

MOO

I've been looking for info on this and will continue to look. But I would think if it records the tweeter's home time, then we would all see it the same? So far I've had two different times. Looking to see if any others are seeing something else in their time zones.

Pacific Time - I saw the same 1:35pm & 1:34pm on 8/11 for the last two TS twitter posts.

ETA: ... while not logged in to Twitter. Don't have an account so don't know if that matters / makes a difference as to what time is showing.

Pacific Time - I saw the same 1:35pm & 1:34pm on 8/11 for the last two TS twitter posts.

ETA: ... while not logged in to Twitter. Don't have an account so don't know if that matters / makes a difference as to what time is showing.

Aha...didn't count on the not logged in time. I logged out and now get the same time as both of you, Aug 11 1:34pm and 1:35pm. So when you're not logged in, twitter has a general time zone that they use it appears. Now to find out what that is. :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper