GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is Heather Mack's 19th birthday, I believe. Date taken from the scan of her passport in an earlier post. I imagine she is having some day contemplating in solitary isolation. Compared to the lavish events supplied by her mother on previous birthdays, as described by her friends, this must be some comparison.
She's bound to be demanding take-out on 11th October for her 19th birthday, I'm sure. Thanks OT. Bumping the passport again...

Attachments

• HeatherMack-passport.png
    HeatherMack-passport.png
    147.5 KB · Views: 118
Yeah, 840 divided by 2 equals 420.
action-smiley-085.gif

:smile:

Today is Heather Mack's 19th birthday, I believe. Date taken from the scan of her passport in an earlier post. I imagine she is having some day contemplating in solitary isolation. Compared to the lavish events supplied by her mother on previous birthdays, as described by her friends, this must be some comparison.
Good! Hope it's lousy. Sheila will never have another birthday thanks to her and her boyfriend. Heather must be wishing for her mommy and some KFC about now. OOOh, if I was a cruel jailer, I'd be munching a bucket of KFC right outside the bars of her cell.

However, the more I've thought about it the less I think it's a reach.

If TS & MS didn't want to use their cell phones because of the record it would have left; and TS appeared to be fond of pot or at least referred to it in some online posts; and if he/they were familiar with the 840 pot meaning - which is probably likely; then 8:40am would have been an easy time for them both to remember as in ... ok, I'll leave my room [616] at 8:40am - 840 get it, hahaha, squat!; go straight to your room [317]; be ready to open the door for me OR I'll use the keycard you gave me to enter the room then ...

But I could also be blowing an 840s worth of smoke!

Not sure about the 840 connection but the "squat" you referred to that TS and HM are so fond of saying is actually "squad".... as in firing squad. That makes it easy to remember. ;)

Sort of the same as their other favourite saying "put em in a coffin".

Pretty prophetic words from these two. :notgood:

MOO

Apart from the local story within Bali/Indonesia in general, how much we hear about the trial will likely depend on the amount of interest by the US media, IMO. It'll all be down to how much advertising their story will sell and whether it would be worth sending a journo, or just buy the independent AAP/Reuters feed.

Well I don't think the story has much interest in the US. It barely gets covered by the local news. Other's eventually pick it up from the feed but I don't think, other than the few posters here and on other crime boards, that they get many hits. So it's probably unlikely there will be a US reporter over there to cover it. Unless an editor is looking for a nice vacation as a business expense. ;)

MOO

I prefer "squat" - it adds a little more je ne sais quoi. :wink:

The 8:40 bus is right on schedule! Just seven days until:

10/12/14
40-day extension ends; two full months post crime

Since 10/12 lands on a Sunday, I wonder if we'll hear about some action by Friday, 10/10 [?early birthday present for HM?], or on Monday, 10/13?

Wonder what the jail menu is for HM's birthday, 10/11? Maybe:

Breakfast - White rice

Lunch - no

Dinner - Rock soup with a side of white rice

What's the status of HM's-you've-got-really-bad-int'l-press-Chicago-attny?

Is he still on Bali? Doing research on a lounge chair at the St. Regis?

According to this article, they did arrive in Bali on the 4th and relocated to the St Regis on the 9th. Now from my online booking detective work, in order for them to have arrived on the 4th, they would have left Chicago on the 2nd. So when does the 10 day count start? Does the 10 day vacation include the flights? If so, maybe they really were scheduled to actually leave on the 12th? How insane would that be that TS showed up on the day there were to leave?

Sihombing said that Mack and her mother arrived in Bali on Aug. 4, and stayed first at Simanyak Hotel before moving to St. Regis on Aug. 9.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...after-body-found-in-suitcase/article20073434/

I wish we could get a copy of their itinerary for that trip. Every 10 day vacation I"ve ever seen includes the flights. However this isn't your standard airfare/hotel type package since there was a change in hotels. So either it was arranged to have 10 full days/nights in Bali or the entire trip, including flights there and back, encompassed 10 days.

MOO

This is what I had noted from various MSM articles with regard to flights and hotels:

Mon, 8/4/14 SWM & HM arrived on Bali ... stayed first at Simanyak Hotel
Sat, 8/9/14 SWM & HM moved to the St. Regis [? $545/night ?] in Nusa Dua
Tues, 8/12/14; 12a+ Boyfriend TS arrived on Bali;
Thur, 8/14/14 Scheduled check-out day from the St. Regis and probable return date of flight to USA.

Also note:
lose a day flying Chicago to Bali; gain a day in the reverse; due to crossing the international date line.

This is what I had noted from various MSM articles with regard to flights and hotels:

Mon, 8/4/14 SWM & HM arrived on Bali ... stayed first at Simanyak Hotel
Sat, 8/9/14 SWM & HM moved to the St. Regis [? $545/night ?] in Nusa Dua
Tues, 8/12/14; 12a+ Boyfriend TS arrived on Bali;
Thur, 8/14/14 Scheduled check-out day from the St. Regis and probable return date of flight to USA.

Also note:
lose a day flying Chicago to Bali; gain a day in the reverse; due to crossing the international date line.

So you figured that their 10 days started when they got there. Which would mean that they were really on vacation for 13 days?

Still love to know when their return flight was booked for. If it was actually the 12th, does that mean that TS and HM had tickets to fly out that day when they headed to the airport? But they couldn't because of the passport issue? It will be interesting to hear the witness evidence from their encounter at the airport as well. If we get to hear any of this. :(

MOO

Not sure about the 840 connection but the "squat" you referred to that TS and HM are so fond of saying is actually "squad".... as in firing squad. That makes it easy to remember. ;)

Sort of the same as their other favourite saying "put em in a coffin".

Pretty prophetic words from these two. :notgood:

MOO

"Squad" and "Put em in a Coffin"...wow...it seemed so silly then. Maybe their firing squad will take up that silly chant some day in the future. Hopefully, these two are having some profound thoughts about Life and Death now, but it's a day late and a dollar short.

Up ahead, a 19th birthday spent stewing in her ugly messy choices. A life of her making where nobody could tell her what to do. The bright spot...a tiny bit of red nail polish to gaze at.

So you figured that their 10 days started when they got there. Which would mean that they were really on vacation for 13 days?

Still love to know when their return flight was booked for. If it was actually the 12th, does that mean that TS and HM had tickets to fly out that day when they headed to the airport? But they couldn't because of the passport issue? It will be interesting to hear the witness evidence from their encounter at the airport as well. If we get to hear any of this. :(

MOO

I don't think I knew that it was a 10 day vacation - or didn't take note of it - at any rate, 8/4 to 8/14 is 10 days on Bali.

The dates I noted were as info was revealed and dates mentioned. The only info I extrapolated was where I wrote: "and probable return date of flight to USA".

Re: scheduled check-out date and possible return flight date:

... [St. R] Staff have told police the three argued about who should pay the bill
when they were due to check-out on Thursday. [8/14] ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...el-romp-weeks-socialite-62-dead-suitcase.html

I don't think I knew that it was a 10 day vacation - or didn't take note of it - at any rate, 8/4 to 8/14 is 10 days on Bali.

The dates I noted were as info was revealed and dates mentioned. The only info I extrapolated was where I wrote: "and probable return date of flight to USA".

Re: scheduled check-out date and possible return flight date:

... [St. R] Staff have told police the three argued about who should pay the bill
when they were due to check-out on Thursday. [8/14] ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...el-romp-weeks-socialite-62-dead-suitcase.html

Okay so did the Daily Mail get some check out information that it appears not one other publication did? Or did they just assume the 14th because it was supposed to be a 10 day vacation and they arrived on the 4th?

Okay so did the Daily Mail get some check out information that it appears not one other publication did? Or did they just assume the 14th because it was supposed to be a 10 day vacation and they arrived on the 4th?

IDK but the article states the author is in Bali for the publication so maybe he personally interviewed St. R staff who gave him that check-out date info. ???

According to this article, they did arrive in Bali on the 4th and relocated to the St Regis on the 9th. Now from my online booking detective work, in order for them to have arrived on the 4th, they would have left Chicago on the 2nd. So when does the 10 day count start? Does the 10 day vacation include the flights? If so, maybe they really were scheduled to actually leave on the 12th? How insane would that be that TS showed up on the day there were to leave?

Sihombing said that Mack and her mother arrived in Bali on Aug. 4, and stayed first at Simanyak Hotel before moving to St. Regis on Aug. 9.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...after-body-found-in-suitcase/article20073434/

I wish we could get a copy of their itinerary for that trip. Every 10 day vacation I"ve ever seen includes the flights. However this isn't your standard airfare/hotel type package since there was a change in hotels. So either it was arranged to have 10 full days/nights in Bali or the entire trip, including flights there and back, encompassed 10 days.

MOO
I always get a giggle when the details of the holiday and the flight come up. IMO TS probably didn't really have a clue as to where Bali, was or how far away it was, nor how long it would take to get there. Doubt he had any concept of distance.

Remember when we read about his buddy (when he found out that TS was in jail) said that he was going to go visit him - by BUS... (sorry no link was very early on in the Chicago media)

This is a side note added to the blog "Wrecking Havoc" last night.

Side note:

For the travel buffs.......... a flight leaving Chicago IL at 5 pm on August 4th would arrive in Bali Indonesia at 6 am August 5th. By using simple math, using a non stop flight leaving early in the morning of August 4th would place Sheila and Heather in Bali on the 4th.

Tommy had posted on his Facebook page that he was expecting to leave for Bali on the 4th of August. I unfortunately did not get copies of his later postings where he stated that he might possibly go on to China and his delay in leaving because even though he had paid for an expedited passport, it had not arrived on time for him to leave on the 4th. This would lead me to believe that he had planned to accompany Heather and Sheila on the trip but it does not mean that Sheila would have known about it.

It has been reported that Sheila and Heather arrived in Bali on August 4th and stayed at the Simanyak Hotel until they checked into the St Regis on Aug 9th. The Simanyak is listed as being a less expensive hotel and it may have been their plan to spend only the last few days of the trip in a more expensive to save costs. There had been reports of the two of them having difficulties at the first hotel which may also be a reason for switching. Heather would have to have been in contact with Tommy for him to know of the hotel switch if it had not been planned earlier. The photo that Heather had posted that mentions "gettin money" is dated Aug 7th so it would not be from the room they shared at the St Regis as many have reported.

Here is a link to the condo that JM owned. SWM sold it for $130,000 in 2007.

http://chicago.blockshopper.com/property/20142020761280/1400_e_55th_unit_202s/

Thanks, Kamille, for posting this information. I had always wondered why James Mack would have a condo worth so much less than his house. I can now tell you why (it’s only a guess, but I’m nonetheless sure I’m right). This unit is in a very large, two part high rise in Hyde Park, a neighborhood on the south side of Chicago. It was designed by the famous architect I.M. Pei. But it isn’t really all that grand, either on the inside or out. I know this, because I’ve been there! A friend of mine, years ago, had a pokey little condo in this development while she was a student at the University of Chicago.

I think that James had this because he was for years music director for First Presbyterian Church of Chicago in Hyde Park (I think that’s where he funeral was held, but the church is not, in fact, in Hyde Park) and also for a time director of music at Rockefeller Chapel at the University of Chicago. (I believe it was at UC that Sheila and James met.) This condo is within walking distance of Rockefeller and only about a mile from First Presbyterian. If he was tired from working late he'd have a place to sleep, or if he wanted to entertain his colleagues he would have a home very near either of these two jobs.

Funny thing about this complex: it is built in two parts, both much, much longer than they are wide, and they are placed right next to each other. Because of its appearance, it’s sometimes called “The Toaster.” It’s also nicknamed "Monoxide Towers" because it’s on one of Hyde Park’s busiest streets and the street divides to go around the building. So it’s completely surrounded by traffic. And it has an outdoor swimming pool (which I never visited in all the years my friend lived there), which is kind of ridiculous in Chicago.

It’s a small world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members