GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the video here. http://wgntv.com/2015/03/19/moms-emails-before-her-murder-in-bali-reveal-fear-for-her-life/

Elliott Jacobson was a long-time friend of Sheila's as you can see from a photo when they were younger. Bless his heart and soul for coming forward and sharing these emails.

I agree, he is providing the justice SWM deserves by exposing the lying liars that HM & TS are. Same with the police calls SVM provided a detail picture of what was going on with HM, imo by doing so HM & TS are neck deep in their lies. HM may be able to buy her way out of Bali prison and try to stay there US don't have extradition treaty Iirc.

I don't even know EJ but I sure would love to shake his hand. Jmo

ciao

I remember that. Heather was bouncing a ball off the lady and not being stopped strongly enough by her parents. Seems like Heather's main problem was being spoiled and overly protected from consequences. Let's see if she finally gets disciplined now.
Unfortunately, I think HM is mentally ill. Normal discipline does not work when the person is severely mentally ill.

The grandmother of Heather Mack’s newly-born daughter has been having ‘intense discussions’ with the teenager about the future of the baby girl who is destined to spend the first two years of her life behind bars in Bali

Ms Kia Walker has flown from her home near Chicago to stay in the hospital where 19-year-old Miss Mack has given birth to the daughter, whom she has named Stella Schaefer, after her boyfriend Tommy Schaefer.

Ms Walker, Mr Schaefer’s mother, is understood to be concerned that the baby girl will remain with Miss Mack in Kerobokan Prison when a court verdict is delivered in the next few weeks.

‘The discussions have been pretty intense,’ said a hospital source. ‘There has been a lot of pressure on Heather to think again about keeping a baby in a prison cell for the first years of her life.’

It has not been revealed whether Ms Walker has offered to look after her grandchild - or whether the same offer has been made from Miss Mack’s relatives.

'There is no doubt she is concerned about the welfare of the baby,' said the source.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3003701/Heather-Mack-s-grandmother-talks-baby-s-future.html

The grandmother of Heather Mack’s newly-born daughter has been having ‘intense discussions’ with the teenager about the future of the baby girl who is destined to spend the first two years of her life behind bars in Bali

Ms Kia Walker has flown from her home near Chicago to stay in the hospital where 19-year-old Miss Mack has given birth to the daughter, whom she has named Stella Schaefer, after her boyfriend Tommy Schaefer.

Ms Walker, Mr Schaefer’s mother, is understood to be concerned that the baby girl will remain with Miss Mack in Kerobokan Prison when a court verdict is delivered in the next few weeks.

‘The discussions have been pretty intense,’ said a hospital source. ‘There has been a lot of pressure on Heather to think again about keeping a baby in a prison cell for the first years of her life.’

It has not been revealed whether Ms Walker has offered to look after her grandchild - or whether the same offer has been made from Miss Mack’s relatives.

'There is no doubt she is concerned about the welfare of the baby,' said the source.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3003701/Heather-Mack-s-grandmother-talks-baby-s-future.html

I am wondering why Heather would have any say whatsoever on what happens to this baby? If somebody is there willing to care for Stella, you would think the authorities would force HM to hand the newborn over. Maybe they wait until the trial is completed? (You know, to not take the baby away from an innocent person – Snark)

There are comments on this article about Kia Walker taking the baby for the money. Really? She may not have much money, but that does not mean she would only care about this baby because of a potential windfall. I find these thoughts in poor taste considering what the circumstances are. MOO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that too. I decided not to comment on it, since it was made by an individual. And we have no idea if it's true or not. However, I have been thinking about it to myself.

Can someone post a link to this article please? The one with the comment about previous abortions. Apologies if it has already been posted and I've missed it.

This explains a lot now, friends in the know about these details probably did not want to be the ones to share, possibly feeling it was a betrayal of sorts of Shelia. There was her one female friend that stated that she had warned Shelia against taking Heather on the Bali trip and I always thought if I were a friend giving that kind of warning, surely that would be indicative of me knowing more about them personally I thought. I mean, when have you warned any of your friends off from their kids??? I'll be curious to see now if we hear more stories of strife between the two that acquaintances have been reluctant to discuss. I have always thought that it was odd there just wasn't much being said of any real personal note about them and especially from "friends" of Heather's. Again I'll posit that this was not a very likeable kid and she had very few friends. Unfortunately she may have been the kind of kid that as a Mom you tend to steer your kids away from when making play dates and such. Now I'm betting Heather will come out swinging claiming Mom was a liar, was an alcoholic, abusive drunk that mistreated her and she will tie this all in somehow with in her view Shelia thwarting JM's last wishes re: his money, his daughter and her inheritance. I don't see how she will resist responding given her past behavior in this area. I also wonder what her mental state is post partum and what, if any continuing treatment she is receiving. As an aside and without judging I found the statement of "promising on Daddy's grave" a bit jarring.

Can someone post a link to this article please? The one with the comment about previous abortions. Apologies if it has already been posted and I've missed it.

I believe this refers to one of the emails where Shelia says she has found out HM is pregnant again, that is about all it said and perhaps folks are making assumptions about abortion based on that...I'll look for it

This explains a lot now, friends in the know about these details probably did not want to be the ones to share, possibly feeling it was a betrayal of sorts of Shelia. There was her one female friend that stated that she had warned Shelia against taking Heather on the Bali trip and I always thought if I were a friend giving that kind of warning, surely that would be indicative of me knowing more about them personally I thought. I mean, when have you warned any of your friends off from their kids??? I'll be curious to see now if we hear more stories of strife between the two that acquaintances have been reluctant to discuss. I have always thought that it was odd there just wasn't much being said of any real personal note about them and especially from "friends" of Heather's. Again I'll posit that this was not a very likeable kids and she had few friends. I'm betting Heather will come out swinging claiming Mom was an alcoholic, abusive drunk that mistreated her and she will tie this all in somehow with in her view Shelia thwarting JM's last wishes re: his money, his daughter and her inheritance. I don't see how she will resist responding given her past behavior in this area. I also wonder what her mental state is post partum and what, if any continuing treatment she is receiving. As an aside and without judging I found the promise of "swearing on Daddy's grave" a bit jarring.

I believe this refers to one of the emails where Shelia says she has found out HM is pregnant again, that is about all it said and perhaps folks are making assumptions about abortion based on that...I'll look for it

No. It was someone's comments on the Oak Park article. The person stated Heather had had two previous abortions. But this was just someone's comment, we have no way to know if this is accurate or not.

This explains a lot now, friends in the know about these details probably did not want to be the ones to share, possibly feeling it was a betrayal of sorts of Shelia. There was her one female friend that stated that she had warned Shelia against taking Heather on the Bali trip and I always thought if I were a friend giving that kind of warning, surely that would be indicative of me knowing more about them personally I thought. I mean, when have you warned any of your friends off from their kids??? I'll be curious to see now if we hear more stories of strife between the two that acquaintances have been reluctant to discuss. I have always thought that it was odd there just wasn't much being said of any real personal note about them and especially from "friends" of Heather's. Again I'll posit that this was not a very likeable kids and she had few friends. I'm betting Heather will come out swinging claiming Mom was an alcoholic, abusive drunk that mistreated her and she will tie this all in somehow with in her view Shelia thwarting JM's last wishes re: his money, his daughter and her inheritance. I don't see how she will resist responding given her past behavior in this area. I also wonder what her mental state is post partum and what, if any continuing treatment she is receiving. As an aside and without judging I found the promise of "swearing on Daddy's grave" a bit jarring.

Sorry, I do not know how to bold when using my phone.

I tend to believe that people who knew Sheila may have been interviewed by the FBI since were investigating. And if so, I am going to assume that they were told not to talk to the media.

Here is the link to a few the Emails given to the FBI
http://www.chicagotribune.com/chi-emails-from-bali-murder-victim-20150318-htmlstory.html

And the Article that summed them up
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-bali-suitcase-murder-emails-met-20150319-story.html#page=1

Good grief - this also refers to prior pregnancies as one email Von Wiese-Mack first mentioned it to Jacobson in a July 30 email.
"I discovered that she is pregnant once again. So very sad," she wrote.

Here you go Weezer Fan. Now that you mention it I do remember a comment that was made following an article.

Sorry, I do not know how to bold when using my phone.

I tend to believe that people who knew Sheila may have been interviewed by the FBI since were investigating. And if so, I am going to assume that they were told not to talk to the media.

I do think that is the MO when they are investigating a domestic crime, in this one...I don't see it. Her next door neighbor spoke freely and if anyone was on the list of folks the FBI would speak to it would be neighbors and apparently he was not issued any such prohibition, nor were the two childhood friends that spoke on camera. I think it's been more out of respect or what I called "circling the wagons" before which was offensive to some posters as if I was being critical of those persons, which I was not, just pure supposition.

Ok, one last query for you guys "Joining her in the hospital room - and standing for a short time at the window - were the child's grandmother, Tommy Schaefer's mother, and other relatives and friends who had flown from their homes in Chicago." Uhhmmm...just who would that be?? Maybe they are hoping to whisk the baby back to the US and stake some legal claim based on possession (I kid, I kid...sorta) but seriously, what is to stop the parents from giving them/someone consent to care for the baby say under a guardianship which in turn negates any claims of neglect or not taking care of Stella here in the US and has the added benefit of both preserving her present legal status quo as HM's heir and sets the stage for establishing a stable and continuous home environment since birth? Remember, Flavia et al. want to be paid ;)

Mack was hospitalized for mental health issues three times that year, court records show. She was pregnant in early 2012 while receiving services at a residential facility but, according to the records, that pregnancy ultimately was aborted.

Von Wiese-Mack called police after her credit card's fraud detection officials alerted her to up to $4,000 in charges at the hotel. The mother later told Chicago police she did not want her daughter charged, according to the July 23 arrest record. In the lengthy report, Mack is listed as pregnant. Von Wiese-Mack first mentioned it to Jacobson in a July 30 email.
"I discovered that she is pregnant once again. So very sad," she wrote.

Mack did not confirm or deny that she wrote the emails when the Tribune forwarded some of them to her, but she said the email account in which they were written belonged to her. The emails were sometimes written to "Mother Pie," and signed from "your sweetness pie," which Mack confirmed were the nicknames she and her mother had for each other.

Quoted from: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-bali-suitcase-murder-emails-met-20150319-story.html#page=1

Emails:
http://media.nbcbayarea.com/documents/Sheila+von+Wiese+Emails.pdf
http://www.chicagotribune.com/chi-emails-from-bali-murder-victim-20150318-htmlstory.html

EJ Interviews:
http://wgntv.com/2015/03/19/moms-emails-before-her-murder-in-bali-reveal-fear-for-her-life/

My Thought: Of the 150 emails, only few have leaked to the public (Tribune & NBC), so it's possible they have more information in those emails which they may not be able to release if they are evidence in any investigation.

See comments here:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-bali-suitcase-murder-emails-met-20150319-story.html#page=2
There’s also a reference to one prior pregnancy here:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-bali-suitcase-murder-emails-met-20150319-story.html#page=2
Mack was hospitalized for mental health issues three times that year, court records show. She was pregnant in early 2012 while receiving services at a residential facility but, according to the records, that pregnancy ultimately was aborted.

gracehatter, I also wondered who the 'friends and relatives' might be. I'm guessing they are KW's friends and relatives. I don't want to sound cynical, but I do wonder if KW would be as involved if baby Stella wasn't a potential heir. If TS had knocked up a girl back home (one with no $), would KW be as involved?

Yes, where is Favia, Stella's attorney? For $126K, shouldn't Favia be in Bali right now?

That said, I don't think HM is going to be willing to voluntarily release Stella to anyone. If she does, I'm guessing it will be to some of her local Aussie charity friends in Bali, temporarily. She knows if she gives up Stella, she'll never get her back. Even if she does decide to hand Stella over to KW and company, she'll have to get her a passport.

I am much more optimistic than before about the eventual outcome, however. Publicity in the US is picking up and I think the emails are significant. This is exactly the kind of high-profile case a DA would like to sink his/her teeth into. It doesn't matter if the emails were brought up at the Bali trial - after all, the judges and prosecutors are being paid $$ under the table to spare HM, regardless of the evidence. I think the authorities will be waiting for HM when she gets back to the US.

If HM gets a short sentence, it may backfire on her. Kerobokan is no fun, but even Schapelle Corby did not want to return to Australia to finish out her sentence. HM isn't going to be ordering takeout food or having cellphone/internet access in her cell in a US prison, and no trustee is going to be giving her big $$ to buy off her cellmates.

Just for Record consistency.

I hunted these reports down again, as they are said to coordinate w/ the emails.
Thus disproving attempts to dismiss the emails and fabricated.

The report where it was noted "HM would stop leaving bruises and just hit SWM in the head.
04/12/2011 Report 11-8974 Comment Section Last Page

http://media.nbcchicago.com/documents/Oak+Forest+Police+Reports+1.pdf
Oak Park Police Reports 2004 - 2012

http://media.nbcchicago.com/documents/Oak+Forest+Police+Reports+2.pdf
Oak Park Police Reports 2012 - 2013

I too am very behind in this thread by about three weeks, but may I ask what makes you think this? Was there some reference to them?

I'm just speculating based on the fact that WW had his lawyer there for these hearings and he must have presented some evidence to support WW's reluctance to give HM money? I'm assuming WW was well aware of these emails from EJ? It is said that they were given to the FBI but I also wonder if the FBI have gotten warrants for all of Sheila's email correspondence, bank records, computer records etc. So they may not have needed the emails from EJ but it sure is nice to see that he was able to get them out to the public. I just wonder if there was a strategy on that or if he had just had enough of HM's lies and decided to go public with what he knew.

But I believe (and I could be mistaken) that these emails were likely presented to Judge Cohen by WW and/or his attorney to try to prevent him from releasing money to HM. EJ mentions WW in the emails so I have reason to believe he would have been very much in contact with him after Sheila's murder to tell him what he knew about it all. Then again, apparently Cohen refused to entertain the report on Indonesian corruption that the lawyer had drafted up by an expert. Refused to set up a hearing to discuss those findings? So perhaps he also refused to look at the emails if they were presented to him?

Judge Cohen appears to have stuck his head in the sand and made his decision based on the fact that the victim left her estate to HM. HM has not been convicted of murdering the victim therefore she is innocent at the present time and is entitled to use the money to defend herself and save her life. Plus have LOTS of spending money while incarcerated. He is approaching this as if the crime happened in the US and the same standards of legal fees exist. He has completely left any common sense out of his ruling IMO. He is not paying attention to the fact that apparently Sheila knew HM might kill her for the money. She was very frightened about this. She appointed her brother, an attorney, and likely the person she trusted most in this world to make sure that HM would not get her hands on one and a half million dollars as soon as Sheila passed away (or was murdered) and that her brother could make the appropriate decisions regarding the estate on her behalf until HM turned 30. Judge Cohen took that basic desire (and possible "right?") away from her IMO. I am astonished that a person actually has to stipulate in their will that if there is any suspicion that the heir to my estate has murdered me, and they are arrested on that suspicion, they are not allowed to use the funds from my estate to defend themselves or to load up their "commissary account" in jail. SMH.

MOO

Oooo...I forgot all about a passport! @Ajaylee. Have to agree, Stella is Mommy's little ace in the hole and meal ticket all wrapped up in one 7lb. package and Heather knows it. It will be curious to see if she takes the baby with her and when they boot her out of the hospital, probably when the $ looks like it may dry up. In one of the past articles wasn't there some mention of the prison making sure she would have adequate foods to meet her nutritional needs if she breastfed?

@Kamille, oh ok...I really have not kept up but if the emails were presented they could not be done clandestine, it would be part of the record. I'm not really sure what bearing it would have only because of the Judge making the comment about basing it on the "words out of SWM's own mouth". How she felt about Heather later in the emails does not change that her written wishes were that Heather would be taken care of or however it was stated. Plus someone would have argued that the emails were more prejudicial than probative I would think...again I have no clue as I have not kept up with that.

I don't know what state most of you are in or you Kamille but use this case as a cautionary tale: Be very specific and have it written concisely in whatever device you use to convey those wishes. Here in Michigan for instance in regards to a durable power of attorney for health directive, I could gather my entire family and and announce that I want no hydration, nutrition or machines to keep me alive under any circumstances under threat of death but if I have not memorialized it in writing, it does not matter how many people I told, I could be hooked up to all if my spouse decided that for me. The same is even more true when it comes to trusts and estates.

She's getting $500/month for food and toiletries right now, and likely will continue to get that very very generous (for Bali) amount.

Scroll down in this link to see the steak-and-chips meal Julian Ponder's chef cooked for him in Kerobokan.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2934719/Bali-s-Mr-Big-affair-jail-UK-consul-mean-certain-death-drug-mule-granny.html

Nothing anyone can do if HM chooses to eat fries and pizza while nursing.

We have to keep a couple things in mind. Even in the US, CPS doesn't always do a good job of protecting helpless infants from unfit parents. In this situation, I think it's more complicated. HM and Stella are US citizens on Indonesian soil. I have no idea what their equivalent of CPS is, how it functions, and particularly where custody is concerned, how it gets applied to US citizens. Complicating the situation, of course, is that HM has Soenardi and $$ to tilt things in her favor (which is not in Stella's favor).

Also, there are mothers in US prisons that are allowed to give birth and keep their children with them until 18 months old.

She's getting $500/month for food and toiletries right now, and likely will continue to get that very very generous (for Bali) amount.

Scroll down in this link to see the steak-and-chips meal Julian Ponder's chef cooked for him in Kerobokan.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2934719/Bali-s-Mr-Big-affair-jail-UK-consul-mean-certain-death-drug-mule-granny.html

Nothing anyone can do if HM chooses to eat fries and pizza while nursing.

We have to keep a couple things in mind. Even in the US, CPS doesn't always do a good job of protecting helpless infants from unfit parents. In this situation, I think it's more complicated. HM and Stella are US citizens on Indonesian soil. I have no idea what their equivalent of CPS is, how it functions, and particularly where custody is concerned, how it gets applied to US citizens. Complicating the situation, of course, is that HM has Soenardi and $$ to tilt things in her favor (which is not in Stella's favor).

Also, there are mothers in US prisons that are allowed to give birth and keep their children with them until 18 months old.

BBM

Compare that to the $400 a month that Jodi Arias has been spending in an Arizona jail. That $500 plus figure is high even by US standards. Lol

MOO

BBM

Compare that to the $400 a month that Jodi Arias has been spending in an Arizona jail. That $500 plus figure is high even by US standards. Lol

MOO

Judge Cohen funded HM's prison fund for four months, $500/month. If she's still locked up when that runs out, I expect her to ask for a much larger amount, using Stella as justification, of course. Just one more reason for her to hang on to Stella.

Oooo...I forgot all about a passport! @Ajaylee. Have to agree, Stella is Mommy's little ace in the hole and meal ticket all wrapped up in one 7lb. package and Heather knows it. It will be curious to see if she takes the baby with her and when they boot her out of the hospital, probably when the $ looks like it may dry up. In one of the past articles wasn't there some mention of the prison making sure she would have adequate foods to meet her nutritional needs if she breastfed?

@Kamille, oh ok...I really have not kept up but if the emails were presented they could not be done clandestine, it would be part of the record. I'm not really sure what bearing it would have only because of the Judge making the comment about basing it on the "words out of SWM's own mouth". How she felt about Heather later in the emails does not change that her written wishes were that Heather would be taken care of or however it was stated. Plus someone would have argued that the emails were more prejudicial than probative I would think...again I have no clue as I have not kept up with that.

I don't know what state most of you are in or you Kamille but use this case as a cautionary tale: Be very specific and have it written concisely in whatever device you use to convey those wishes. Here in Michigan for instance in regards to a durable power of attorney for health directive, I could gather my entire family and and announce that I want no hydration, nutrition or machines to keep me alive under any circumstances under threat of death but if I have not memorialized it in writing, it does not matter how many people I told, I could be hooked up to all if my spouse decided that for me. The same is even more true when it comes to trusts and estates.

Again, after watching the JA trial, I don't have a lot of confidence in "public record" at the moment.

Actually I hope this is news to Cohen and he wasn't aware of just how SWM felt and was frightened about the lengths HM might go to, to get at the money. We do know that he's aware of the manipulation though. And yet he still keeps releasing funds?

:notgood:

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members