GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the WGN Chicago News Segment on these emails and the reason Elliott Jacobson released them to the Tribune. Here is the link for the Live News Segment, with Elliott Jacobson on the phone. It appears EJ wanted the truth to be told after TS's testimony claiming otherwise.

The Segment is at Video Marker 1:26 & 1:52
http://wgntv.com/on-air/live-streaming/

Time Stamp for Segment may change as news is still on. I think after 9:00 PM broadcast the live feed will also change. Sooo before it disappears, EJ reveals a couple emails that were not in the Tribune Article. An Email he verified of HM saying she will kill SWM and herself, another email from Bali while all 3 were there "I am more frightened than ever".

Note Added: I have to question WGNs stating that all three were in Bali when SWM emailed being frightened, as WGN says she was killed 4 days later - This is inconsistent with TS's arrival 08/12/2014 and her death 08/13/2014. So that email had to have been sent to EJ 08/09/2014.

I think that was the email about fraudulently obtaining the painkillers. It was sent on August 9th, so 3 days before TS arrived in Bali.

There's a link to the email in this article:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/investiga...hter-Months-Before-Bali-Murder-296950421.html

A slain Chicago woman whose body was found inside a suitcase outside a posh Bali resort last summer had urged her pregnant daughter to get an abortion before they left for vacation, the teen's civil attorney alleged Friday.

The attorney, Anthony Scifo, said Sheila von Wiese-Mack wanted her daughter to sign over power of attorney, giving the mother legal control over the girl's medical and other personal affairs.

He said von Wiese-Mack had "forced" her daughter, Heather, to have two earlier abortions and was seeking legal control so that she could compel a third procedure to terminate the teen's latest pregnancy.

Scifo's comments came Friday outside a Cook County courtroom where he appeared regarding Heather Mack's $1.56 million trust fund.

Jacobson said he released the emails to ensure von Wiese-Mack's love for her only child and efforts to help her are remembered. But Scifo said the emails are "one-sided," and show his bias.

Jacobson insisted von Wiese-Mack never "forced" her daughter to do anything.

Scifo said Mack and her baby, Stella, are doing well. He anticipated Mack being discharged from the hospital and returning to prison early next week.

Scifo said Schaefer's mother, Kia Walker, is in Bali assisting Mack at the hospital.

"Heather's ecstatic about being a mother," Scifo said. "She told me that she absolutely loves Stella." (Yeah, in the same way that your mother loved you, Heather, before you murdered her and stuffed her in a suitcase.)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...itcase-murder-hearing-met-20150320-story.html

Is Scifo for real?!?

He's really going to go there with lies from his client that he is hearing her spew on her illegal phone? Because I hate to break it to you Scifo, just because she's been using all the extra cash you've been sending over to bribe prison guards for extra favours, including the cell phone she's calling you on, it doesn't mean it's legal. So yes, HM is actually breaking the law when she's calling you to tell you this carp.

Does a lawyer really think that anyone, at any age, can be "forced" into an abortion? Does he realize the counseling HM would have been provided in making that decision, twice? Does he realize that Sheila has not been able to "force" HM to do anything...ever. Of course HM didn't want to be bothered with the responsibility of birth control. And of course she did not want to give birth to a child as a teenager. That doesn't fit into her "fun times with the Squad" mentality at all. Heck, she didn't even give birth this time. She ordered a Caesarian for cripes sake. And I'm guessing whomever said it was because she was scared of or turned off by the idea of childbirth is right on the money there.

It infuriates me that this civil attorney is standing on the courthouse steps spewing this garbage, which is none of his damn business, when he doesn't have a freaking clue what the truth is. I can't see him winning any popularity contests by maligning the victim for no apparent reason. HM is not on trial in Chicago....yet. So he needs to deal with the trust fund issue and just that issue and keep his trap shut about a murdered woman he knows nothing about.

One sided emails!?! As opposed to that one sided carp that's being spewed in a Bali courtroom?!? WTH is he thinking speaking out like this? He's not her defense attorney.

MOO

I can't read the Tribune stuff either but wasn't the POA stuff back in January 2014? Not in July which HM via Scifo is claiming?

:notgood:

MOO

First off, if HM was my daughter I'd "handle" it too (and I lean toward an "ab" is wrong pov). I'd probably try to get her on some 5 year BC to prevent the next one too... (like a Mireya IUD)

Secondly, sounds like HM's Atty isn't questioning the validly of SVWM's emails.

So that's good.

Sounds like HM has been reading the recent email news stories and is demanding that Chicago attorney, Anthony Scifo, be her mouthpiece locally as in Sheila "forced" HM to get 2 abortions. However, HM misses a question that some might ask: Who "forced: HM to get pregnant in the first place? Records show Sheila was always looking for HM and trying to get her to come home. We now know what may have gone on during some of HM's disappearing acts.

Is Scifo for real?!?

He's really going to go there with lies from his client that he is hearing her spew on her illegal phone? Because I hate to break it to you Scifo, just because she's been using all the extra cash you've been sending over to bribe prison guards for extra favours, including the cell phone she's calling you on, it doesn't mean it's legal. So yes, HM is actually breaking the law when she's calling you to tell you this carp.

Does a lawyer really think that anyone, at any age, can be "forced" into an abortion? Does he realize the counseling HM would have been provided in making that decision, twice? Does he realize that Sheila has not been able to "force" HM to do anything...ever. Of course HM didn't want to be bothered with the responsibility of birth control. And of course she did not want to give birth to a child as a teenager. That doesn't fit into her "fun times with the Squad" mentality at all. Heck, she didn't even give birth this time. She ordered a Caesarian for cripes sake. And I'm guessing whomever said it was because she was scared of or turned off by the idea of childbirth is right on the money there.

It infuriates me that this civil attorney is standing on the courthouse steps spewing this garbage, which is none of his damn business, when he doesn't have a freaking clue what the truth is. I can't see him winning any popularity contests by maligning the victim for no apparent reason. HM is not on trial in Chicago....yet. So he needs to deal with the trust fund issue and just that issue and keep his trap shut about a murdered woman he knows nothing about.

One sided emails!?! As opposed to that one sided carp that's being spewed in a Bali courtroom?!? WTH is he thinking speaking out like this? He's not her defense attorney.

MOO

That's right!!!!,you said what I was thinking. Just didn't want to put down my glass of wine to type it. Lol

ciao

Is Scifo for real?!?

MOO

I agree, Kamille. Scifo has totally thrown his own integrity under the bus at the manipulative hands of HM, or the glimmer of helping HM get an early grab at $$$$$. UGH!!! Disgusting. What is he thinking?

Is Scifo for real?!?

MOO

:goodpost:

My Bold: HM is also lying and using you again Scifo - she is playing you 'like a Pro' - and probably thinks you are as 'SO stupid' and gullible to stand and defend her publicly - but you fell for it too.

All that money and manipulation is seeing some people who should know better, demolish their reputations and compromise their integrity in the most spectacular fashion.

"She's just taking some time to enjoy herself and her privacy with the child," said attorney Anthony Scifo. :facepalm:

Scifo said due to a holiday in Indonesia, Mack will spend several more days in the hospital with her baby, Stella, before being sent back to the prison where she has spent much of her time in Bali.

Scifo said a Good Samaritan is helping Mack obtain diapers and formula. He also said Schaefer's mother has been helping Mack take care of Stella in her hospital room.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...-Ecstatic-to-be-New-Mom-Lawyer-297093351.html

BBM: Formula ... formula .... ??? So, how can she take Stella back to prison with her. :confused:

"She's just taking some time to enjoy herself and her privacy with the child," said attorney Anthony Scifo. :facepalm:

Scifo said due to a holiday in Indonesia, Mack will spend several more days in the hospital with her baby, Stella, before being sent back to the prison where she has spent much of her time in Bali.

Scifo said a Good Samaritan is helping Mack obtain diapers and formula. He also said Schaefer's mother has been helping Mack take care of Stella in her hospital room.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...-Ecstatic-to-be-New-Mom-Lawyer-297093351.html

BBM: Formula ... formula .... ??? So, how can she take Stella back to prison with her. :confused:

Good point.
Stella is not being breast fed if she is on Formula - assumption, but seems likely.
It may also mean that Stella is being prepared and will not be going back to the Prison with HM.
Many of the reports seem to parrot the line:
"Mack has said she wants the baby to stay in Bali so she can visit her while in jail." - Source
The plan may have been that Stella was never to be in Prison with Mack - and that maybe because an extended holiday in Kerobokan is immanent for HM.

I hope the Good Samaritan is keeping the receipts for the purchases.

"Their written correspondence included lighter moments. They often conspired to help Mack gain acceptance into various Chicago acting and dance programs. Mack threw her mother a surprise birthday party last June, and photos included in an email show her blowing out the candles as her daughter smiled in the background."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-bali-suitcase-murder-emails-met-20150319-story.html#page=2

I really want to see this pic, I haven't been able to see it but I find the choice of the word "conspired" odd in that sentence. It even sounds funny on the ear, why not "...they worked hard together to help..." or anything else? So I was pretty miffed when I first read about Scifo's remarks but then I started to think that pronouncement was not for the benefit of anyone in the US but for the Bali case. The idea I think is to bolster that ridiculous lie about the reason for TS's trip, they need to manufacture a basis for provocation... "We meant we were so scared about talking to her about it because SWM had forced HM to get other abortions and was trying to do the same and kill our baby, yada, yada, yada...." and of course to generally start building the foundation for the upcoming smear campaign they are going to embark upon. However, after reading the public reaction overall online to his comments, I wonder if this may not have been a strategic misstep by him, thinking he was aiding the defense there...remember in the end he needs a win there. Most of the reactions I saw mirror the ones here so my thoughts are if the emails were published in the Indo press surely his response will reach eyes and ears there as well and I hope the panel is paying attention and yes, I know what their crim pro rules say about they will consider but one can always hope. :fence:

Scifo said a Good Samaritan is helping Mack obtain diapers and formula.

I read that to mean stockpiling for the future. The defense knows she has to breastfeed, it's crucial to her keeping Stella. As a mother that breastfed my kids along with most of my friends of my generation, though, you always have backup formula in case you cannot produce enough milk for any unforeseen reason and/or for supplementing. I produced gallons for my son but he wanted more, more so I supplemented with formula but I always had a couple of dozen cans on hand that went unused. As for diapers most new Moms will have enough to qualify them for an episode of Hoarders. After all for now anyway, HM just cant run down to the local Trader Joes when she runs out. I think they are thinking ahead and getting as much in the way of necessaries as they can while they can, plus I see this as a sly plea for donations.

Think about HOW HARD HM would have to have thrown that phone to crack an industrial strength high rise apartment window. (That sheila had to call the building engineer to fix-- not maintainence or a glass company).

Yes, i also doubt that sheila was able to force HM to do anything

Due to a holiday she gets to spend more days out of prison? Seriously? SMH

No surprise about the formula. This girl wouldn't even give birth. I suspected she'd also be turned off on the idea of breastfeeding. There is nothing maternal in her at all IMO. And it's not her age.

So who's going to be "helping her out" with the baby when she returns to prison? Because she is not equipped to do it herself. The other cell mates? The female guards? Who will she bribe?

A Good Samaritan? Does he really expect the public to buy that one too? We all know about the well paid "Good Samaritans" who supplement their income by bringing things to prisoners with money to burn. I guess that Ponder guy has some "Good Samaritans" helping him out too?

MOO

:goodpost:

My Bold: HM is also lying and using you again Scifo - she is playing you 'like a Pro' - and probably thinks you are as 'SO stupid' and gullible to stand and defend her publicly - but you fell for it too.

All that money and manipulation is seeing some people who should know better, demolish their reputations and compromise their integrity in the most spectacular fashion.

The association hasn't done well for Elkin, Favio and Soenardi so far in the court of pubic opinion. I'm personally disgusted by Cohen being manipulated. Now add Scifo to the list.

If HM was broke, would she have been able to manipulate all these people? Very doubtful. Not one human rights attorney or organization would likely have taken up her plight after spending an hour with her.

MOO

So who's going to be "helping her out" with the baby when she returns to prison?

Now, now Kamille, let's be nice, you know very well that most young women her age that give birth need and have their Mother to guide them at this significant time...Oh, wait a minute... :nevermind:

Seriously tho, I remember now why I took a break from this case, my blood pressure is just not up to it.

Due to a holiday she gets to spend more days out of prison? Seriously? SMH

No surprise about the formula. This girl wouldn't even give birth. I suspected she'd also be turned off on the idea of breastfeeding. There is nothing maternal in her at all IMO. And it's not her age.

So who's going to be "helping her out" with the baby when she returns to prison? Because she is not equipped to do it herself. The other cell mates? The female guards? Who will she bribe?

A Good Samaritan? Does he really expect the public to buy that one too? We all know about the well paid "Good Samaritans" who supplement their income by bringing things to prisoners with money to burn. I guess that Ponder guy has some "Good Samaritans" helping him out too?

MOO
The cynical side of me says the c-section was to take advantage of the holiday?

But reports did say she went into labor, so maybe not.

I didn't use formula myself, but does it still need to be made with sterile water? Or is that outdated? Nonetheless, she would need to be able to wash the bottles. I say let her use cloth diapers and wash them herself too. She has nothing else to do in jail.

I wonder if the sentencing and the last phase of the trial will see HM at TS's days in court - seeing they are being tried separately.
HM may be keeping that stay in hospital for as long as she can.
Will be interesting to see if anything else happens (:princess::drama:) before sentencing.

The cynical side of me says the c-section was to take advantage of the holiday?

But reports did say she went into labor, so maybe not.

I didn't use formula myself, but does it still need to be made with sterile water? Or is that outdated? Nonetheless, she would need to be able to wash the bottles. I say let her use cloth diapers and wash them herself too. She has nothing else to do in jail.

This is yet one more reason she cannot take a newborn to prison. The water is not sterile for bottles, and there is no way to clean diapers. Stella would be exposed to bacteria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member