GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge Cohen funded HM's prison fund for four months, $500/month. If she's still locked up when that runs out, I expect her to ask for a much larger amount, using Stella as justification, of course. Just one more reason for her to hang on to Stella.

She was only funded for what was determined to be the duration of the trial. The verdict will determine whether she receives another cent. If she is convicted of any charge in reference to the actual murder, she is cut off from the estate. However, that's when the "baby lawyer" is supposed to step in and have funds distributed to the baby from the estate, as the victim's next of kin.

I guess that's when Favia was supposed to get involved? But since her $126,000 "retainer" has been denied, I'm not sure where that stands at the moment.

But you can rest assured HM will have some lawyer representing the baby IF the funds run out.

MOO

What's with the Pie references? BBM

All I can think of is "a piece of the pie" or "shut your pie hole".

Heather is "your sweetness pie"...yeah, right.

But wait, let's check the urban dictionary for some new ideas.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pies
"A pie is a kilo of coke"
"famous new zealand colloquialism to describe a girl of very low caliber, someone or something very unattractive"
"Your lord and master!!! Pie is the thread that holds this world together! You shall obey the pie, or suffer the consequences!!"

I just assumed it was a play on the term "sweetie pie", which is a term of endearment, and maybe what Sheila used to call Heather when she was a little girl.

Mack was hospitalized for mental health issues three times that year, court records show. She was pregnant in early 2012 while receiving services at a residential facility but, according to the records, that pregnancy ultimately was aborted.

Von Wiese-Mack called police after her credit card's fraud detection officials alerted her to up to $4,000 in charges at the hotel. The mother later told Chicago police she did not want her daughter charged, according to the July 23 arrest record. In the lengthy report, Mack is listed as pregnant. Von Wiese-Mack first mentioned it to Jacobson in a July 30 email.
"I discovered that she is pregnant once again. So very sad," she wrote.

Mack did not confirm or deny that she wrote the emails when the Tribune forwarded some of them to her, but she said the email account in which they were written belonged to her. The emails were sometimes written to "Mother Pie," and signed from "your sweetness pie," which Mack confirmed were the nicknames she and her mother had for each other.

Quoted from: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-bali-suitcase-murder-emails-met-20150319-story.html#page=1

Emails:
http://media.nbcbayarea.com/documents/Sheila+von+Wiese+Emails.pdf
http://www.chicagotribune.com/chi-emails-from-bali-murder-victim-20150318-htmlstory.html

EJ Interviews:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/chi-emails-from-bali-murder-victim-20150318-htmlstory.html
http://wgntv.com/2015/03/19/moms-emails-before-her-murder-in-bali-reveal-fear-for-her-life/

My Thought: Of the 150 emails, only few have leaked to the public (Tribune & NBC), so it's possible they have more information in those emails which they may not be able to release if they are evidence in any investigation.

So, her hospitalizations came about as a result of her involvement in juvenile/family court, correct? Was it WW that said his sister resisted the idea of hospitalizing Heather? I know that was said somewhere that SWM did not think prosecuting Heather would be productive and I want to say there was something similar said in regards to an institution, and on the other hand it may be a total figment of my imagination!

I just assumed it was a play on the term "sweetie pie", which is a term of endearment, and maybe what Sheila used to call Heather when she was a little girl.

Sheila may have meant it as a term of endearment, but I think HM was being mean and demeaning with hers...

If HM gets a short sentence, it may backfire on her. Kerobokan is no fun, but even Schapelle Corby did not want to return to Australia to finish out her sentence. HM isn't going to be ordering takeout food or having cellphone/internet access in her cell in a US prison, and no trustee is going to be giving her big $$ to buy off her cellmates.

RSBM: Just a couple of things ... Schapelle Corby has not chosen not to leave Bali, it is a condition of her parole that she remain there until 25 July 2017, and report monthly to the Bali corrections board for guidance and counselling ... then she will be deported.

And if Heather is convicted of a crime in Bali, she will be deported when she is released from jail or has completed any parole. So, as you say ajaylee, it could be a big backfire if the US authorities are waiting for her when she returns.

Foreigners who have committed a crime and served their prison sentence are deported immediately on their release,” Soleh added. http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2014/11/22/bali-authorities-see-rampant-visa-violations.html

Corby ... cannot live outside the country until her parole is fully served which is expected to be on July 25, 2017. This date incorporates an extra 12 months on her sentence for ''guidance''.
http://www.smh.com.au/national/schapelle-corbys-parole-conditions-released-20140208-328gq.html

But Corby may not be able to come home and may be forced to serve her parole in Bali.
It is likely there will be a renewed push to step up talks about a prisoner exchange deal between Australia and Indonesia. Official talks have been under way but have slowed over the detail.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...e-home-by-august/story-fnat7jnn-1226363752192

The grandmother of Heather Mack’s newly-born daughter has been having ‘intense discussions’ with the teenager about the future of the baby girl who is destined to spend the first two years of her life behind bars in Bali

Ms Kia Walker has flown from her home near Chicago to stay in the hospital where 19-year-old Miss Mack has given birth to the daughter, whom she has named Stella Schaefer, after her boyfriend Tommy Schaefer.

Ms Walker, Mr Schaefer’s mother, is understood to be concerned that the baby girl will remain with Miss Mack in Kerobokan Prison when a court verdict is delivered in the next few weeks.

‘The discussions have been pretty intense,’ said a hospital source. ‘There has been a lot of pressure on Heather to think again about keeping a baby in a prison cell for the first years of her life.’

It has not been revealed whether Ms Walker has offered to look after her grandchild - or whether the same offer has been made from Miss Mack’s relatives.

'There is no doubt she is concerned about the welfare of the baby,' said the source.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3003701/Heather-Mack-s-grandmother-talks-baby-s-future.html

Grandmother of Heather Mack's newborn pressuring the accused-murderer teen to hand over baby and NOT take it to prison
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3003701/Heather-Mack-s-grandmother-talks-baby-s-future.html

The video on this page is to be watched only if you are totally bored and avoiding housework. :smile:
See Tommy's mother smoking cigarette on balcony.
See three smiling guards enter the room.
See Heather stare out the hospital room window.
Off camera - Tommy's busy being a prisoner at the prison.
Baby Stella is innocently waiting for her fate to be determined.

Baby gifts depend on pending decisions, either a baby rattle or maybe a prison shank for protection. :wink:

Grandmother of Heather Mack's newborn pressuring the accused-murderer teen to hand over baby and NOT take it to prison

The video on this page is to be watched only if you are totally bored and avoiding housework. :smile:
See Tommy's mother smoking cigarette on balcony.
See three smiling guards enter the room.
See Heather stare out the hospital room window.
Off camera - Tommy's busy being a prisoner at the prison.
Baby Stella is innocently waiting for her fate to be determined.

Baby gifts depend on pending decisions, either a baby rattle or maybe a prison shank for protection. :wink:

LOL ... and if you are really bored and look really closely, you can see that Heather is talking to someone - or herself - as she looks out of the window. "Why can't I go outside and have a cigarette too? I don't care if it is bad for the breast milk. I want them to get close-up shots of poor ole pitiful me."

Sheila may have meant it as a term of endearment, but I think HM was being mean and demeaning with hers...

I don't necessarily think HM was being mean and demeaning... Despite her serious issues it sounds like it wasn't always bad between the two of them. After all, they do have a lot of happy pics together and HM apparently made the effort to throw her mom a surprise bday party. I think they had some good moments, but when HM had one of her episodes all bets were off. JMO

A slain Chicago woman whose body was found inside a suitcase outside a posh Bali resort last summer had urged her pregnant daughter to get an abortion before they left for vacation, the teen's civil attorney alleged Friday.

The attorney, Anthony Scifo, said Sheila von Wiese-Mack wanted her daughter to sign over power of attorney, giving the mother legal control over the girl's medical and other personal affairs.

He said von Wiese-Mack had "forced" her daughter, Heather, to have two earlier abortions and was seeking legal control so that she could compel a third procedure to terminate the teen's latest pregnancy.

Scifo's comments came Friday outside a Cook County courtroom where he appeared regarding Heather Mack's $1.56 million trust fund.

Jacobson said he released the emails to ensure von Wiese-Mack's love for her only child and efforts to help her are remembered. But Scifo said the emails are "one-sided," and show his bias.

Jacobson insisted von Wiese-Mack never "forced" her daughter to do anything.

Scifo said Mack and her baby, Stella, are doing well. He anticipated Mack being discharged from the hospital and returning to prison early next week.

Scifo said Schaefer's mother, Kia Walker, is in Bali assisting Mack at the hospital.

"Heather's ecstatic about being a mother," Scifo said. "She told me that she absolutely loves Stella." (Yeah, in the same way that your mother loved you, Heather, before you murdered her and stuffed her in a suitcase.)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...itcase-murder-hearing-met-20150320-story.html

First off, if HM was my daughter I'd "handle" it too (and I lean toward an "ab" is wrong pov). I'd probably try to get her on some 5 year BC to prevent the next one too... (like a Mireya IUD)

Secondly, sounds like HM's Atty isn't questioning the validly of SVWM's emails.

So that's good.

So Scifo is going in for the kill I see, making his remarks outside since he very well can't bring them up in court...well, he can but there is no relevance. I'd like to see Judge Cohen slap a gag order down. What do his remarks have to do with her civil case? Not a damned thing, that's what.

She still planned and excuted Sheila's cold blooded murder combined with the dehuman debasement of stuffing her in a suitcase.

To: "Elliott Jacobson"
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 2:11:15 AM

Dear Elliott,
Heather played me again for the new Iphone phone. More lies and more dangerous behavior. I discovered that she is pregnant once again. So very sad.... she told Tommy that she played me 'like a pro' to get her new Iphone and that I am so 'stupid'. Terrible. Just terrible. I discovered that the two Iphones that were stolen on my Chase card were given to Tommy, the homeless boyfriend. I fear once again for what will happened.... A 'good day' turned in my face -- once again...
Let's talk tomorrow....
Love,
Sheila

http://media.nbcbayarea.com/documents/Sheila+von+Wiese+Emails.pdf

I don't necessarily think HM was being mean and demeaning... Despite her serious issues it sounds like it wasn't always bad between the two of them. After all, they do have a lot of happy pics together and HM apparently made the effort to throw her mom a surprise bday party. I think they had some good moments, but when HM had one of her episodes all bets were off. JMO

What surprise bday party for her Mom? I don't remember that.

I'm sure there were times when Heather was sweet and nice to "Mother Pie". I'm also sure Heather knew how to "play her Mom to get something", or just for the fun of messing with her Mom's mind. Her "episodes" were constant and seemed a way to control her Mother, but not sure whether HM had a diagnosis of some mental illness or just violent anger issues and escaping consequences. MOO, I feel I do know she "played" her Mom and how that turned out for Sheila.

BBM

Is there a way to read the Chicago Tribune articles without subscribing?
I cannot get access.

Is there a way to read the Chicago Tribune articles without subscribing?
I cannot get access.

I subscribed for free, FigTree. I used my 'shopping' email (gmail - because it has no 'au' in the email address) account, a password, and a US zipcode .. and I get to read 5 articles a month. (And, of course, more than that if I keep clearing my cookies. :wink: )

Just do not click on that "International Readers" tab under the zipcode box, put in a US zipcode instead ... I used one from NY state.

(If you can't do that, just let me know which article(s) you want to read.)

What surprise bday party for her Mom? I don't remember that.

I'm sure there were times when Heather was sweet and nice to "Mother Pie". I'm also sure Heather knew how to "play her Mom to get something", or just for the fun of messing with her Mom's mind. Her "episodes" were constant and seemed a way to control her Mother, but not sure whether HM had a diagnosis of some mental illness or just violent anger issues and escaping consequences. MOO, I feel I do know she "played" her Mom and how that turned out for Sheila.

BBM

Let me see if I can find the link, it was mentioned in one of the articles re: emails.

Don't get me wrong, to me it's clear that she played her mom and very likely even used the term "mother pie" to get her mom to not only give her the iphone, but frequently used it to get Sheila to indulge in her spoiled antics. I'm just pointing out that I don't think HM conceived the nickname for the sole purpose of using and abusing her mom; there's a reason it was in her mommy-manipulation-kit. They had their good moments, which is why HM was in part so successful. All JMO, of course

RSBM...
...and HM apparently made the effort to throw her mom a surprise bday party. I think they had some good moments, but when HM had one of her episodes all bets were off. JMO

It would have most likely been SvWM who paid for her own party, regardless of HM's involvement.
If HM threw a party for Sheila - I'd be asking what was in it for HM.
I think Sheila's happiness was not a consideration for HM after a time - just the money.
Sad - JMOO

@bugbear - thanks for the links and the search to the emails and the Police Reports.
http://media.nbcchicago.com/documents/Oak+Forest+Police+Reports+1.pdf

http://media.nbcchicago.com/documents/Oak+Forest+Police+Reports+2.pdf

I doesn't take long (60 seconds) to read the Police reports to come across some extremely mean behaviour that HM inflicted on her mother.
Sheila had a broken ankle - so where did HM punch her? ... in the ankle.
:facepalm:

"Their written correspondence included lighter moments. They often conspired to help Mack gain acceptance into various Chicago acting and dance programs. Mack threw her mother a surprise birthday party last June, and photos included in an email show her blowing out the candles as her daughter smiled in the background."

Bali Murder Suspect Heather Mack “Ecstatic” to be New Mom: Lawyer
Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...e-New-Mom-Lawyer-297093351.html#ixzz3UyYJPiRX

In one email sent from Bali several days before her murder, von Wiese-Mack's wrote she was "more frightened than ever" after she said Heather fraudulently signed her name for prescription painkillers.

"When Heather testified that she loved her mother with all her heart, I don't think that quite characterizes her feelings toward her mom," Jacobson said.

Scifo said the emails are biased and are creating a spin.
"It's obvious that Heather and her mother had a very complex relationship," Scifo said. "One of the things that we noticed with the emails that were released is they were a little one-sided."
My Bold: :facepalm:
The victim now finally has a public voice - I would say it helps even the playing field - It sheds more light and clarity on the suspects MO.
Ridiculous statement Scifo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member