GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the obvious question is, who is paying the cell phone bill? I guess her "friends" are dropping off calling card minutes along with her Big Mac? Must be pretty pricey to make chatty calls to American media, including data minutes on Skype. Or does the Hotel K provide wireless internet for their guests?

Even Heather indicated in her call to the newspaper that prison over there is vastly different to prison in the US. Meaning, it's not like prison at all really. Its kind of like camp. :rolleyes:

Interesting that the Daily Mail is saying she doesn't have a lawyer over there and in the same breath saying that AS is still working on her defense. That's what I keep trying to say. AS is no lawyer and what he's working on has nothing to do with her guilt or innocence. ;)

So the average salary for an attorney is 1500 a month. And not from just one client. However we are to believe that for 4 months of "service" ( again, what does a defence lawyer do over there?) he's asking for 25 times his salary from one client? And make no mistake, this is not one person scamming Heather. He has made promises if she can show him the money. He's got others involved (at this point perhaps just 2 of the judges) who will be willing to give out very light sentences here for the right amount of money.

I hope she doesn't see another penny and her 50 grand buys them both at least 20 years but preferably life. They will definitely be spared the firing squad for that amount. But I see her getting 9 months and him getting a few years tops. What I'm wondering is, if she is convicted only for helping the cover up, does the slayer rule still apply?

MOO

Good news ought to be emphasized, so I will repeat:

According to OakPark.com, Michael Elkin says Heather Mack also is
being investigated by U.S. officials and could face indictments back home.

http://www.oakpark.com/News/Articles...ved-from-case/

I believe that has been said from the beginning and I think we know why now. Do the judges over there know that the FBI are following this case? Does AS? Do any of them care? What is the charge for conspiracy to commit murder in the US? It's the same as murder isn't it?

MOO

What is the charge for conspiracy to commit murder in the US? It's the same as murder isn't it?

[SBM]

If you are asking what sentence could result upon conviction in Illinois of conspiracy to commit murder, this is governed by Section 8-2 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (where it is described as a Class 1 felony) and According to the Legislative Research Unit of the Illinois General Assembly the “usual prison or jail term” for a Class 1 felony in Illinois is 4 to 15 years. The “possible extended term” is 15 to 30 years.

There are many details about this in my contribution of 24 Jan 2015 which appears on page 16 of this thread, post #385, including links.

In Illinois, conspiracy to commit murder carries a lesser possible top sentence than murder itself.

If you are asking about a federal sentence, I don't know the answer. Federal sentences in serious crimes are in some cases more harsh than state penalties. So should the FBI turn a thick dossier of evidence over to federal prosecutors, I'd imagine it's entirely possible that the tariff upon conviction could exceed 30 years. But that's an uninformed guess. And I have no idea if the potential penalty in federal court is, in fact, the same as for murder; but if it were, that wouldn't surprise me in any big way.

I believe that has been said from the beginning and I think we know why now.

[Both posts above SBM]

I haven’t seen any mention of the FBI investigation for months, leaving me to wonder if it had been set in abeyance during the Bali trial, or even closed.

So I see acknowledgement that the investigation is ongoing to be significant and newsworthy.

And of course since this is yet another piece of news to put Heather in a bad light, it is deliciously hilarious that OakPark.com tells us it comes from Michael Elkin, who I don’t believe has ever uttered a single word which made Heather look good.

I really wonder if this news of possible charges in USA will reach the judiciary in Indonesia and affect any decisions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Bali-hospital-collapsing-bleeding-prison.html

The pregnant teenager on trial in Bali charged with murdering her mother, was rushed to hospital from her prison today.

Sources inside Kerobokan Jail told the Daily Mail Online the 19-year-old prisoner had collapsed with stomach pain and had started bleeding.

According to a prison source, Miss Mack cried out in pain at lunch time and after a check by the prison doctor it was decided she needed immediate hospital treatment.

She was taken to Bali's Sanglah Hospital...................where tourists and other foreigners are usually treated.

However it was not known whether she was going into labour, had a miscarriage, or was suffering from some other medical problem

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Bali-hospital-collapsing-bleeding-prison.html

The pregnant teenager on trial in Bali charged with murdering her mother, was rushed to hospital from her prison today.

Sources inside Kerobokan Jail told the Daily Mail Online the 19-year-old prisoner had collapsed with stomach pain and had started bleeding.

According to a prison source, Miss Mack cried out in pain at lunch time and after a check by the prison doctor it was decided she needed immediate hospital treatment.

She was taken to Bali's Sanglah Hospital...................where tourists and other foreigners are usually treated.

However it was not known whether she was going into labour, had a miscarriage, or was suffering from some other medical problem

Braxton- Hicks -- with a side of self inflicted nosepickin for sympathetic distraction???

Braxton- Hicks -- with a side of self inflicted nosepickin for sympathetic distraction???

I can't help a huge amount of skepticism, too. Over the last couple of days, she has been pulling out all the stops to try to stop her conviction for murder. Using her baby/pregnancy as one of her tools would not surprise me at all. Who knows if she even had Braxton-Hicks, or if she is just faking it all and hoping to stay in hospital for the next couple of months and avoid her trial.

The police hospital should be able to tell if her complaints are genuine or not, and being a police hospital they should be aware of the stunts that prisoners pull.

Oh .. I'm not sure if she went to the police hospital. The article says Bali's Sanglah Hospital. Is that the police hospital? I don't think so. It says it is a public hospital. :thinking:

I can't help a huge amount of skepticism, too. Over the last couple of days, she has been pulling out all the stops to try to stop her conviction for murder. Using her baby/pregnancy as one of her tools would not surprise me at all. Who knows if she even had Braxton-Hicks, or if she is just faking it all and hoping to stay in hospital for the next couple of months and avoid her trial.

The police hospital should be able to tell if her complaints are genuine or not, and being a police hospital they should be aware of the stunts that prisoners pull.

Oh .. I'm not sure if she went to the police hospital. The article says Bali's Sanglah Hospital. Is that the police hospital? I don't think so. It says it is a public hospital. :thinking:

I am totally a sceptic and - I'm Not buying all of it - not after the video by the Daily Mail - and listening to some of the responses by the media - nor HM's reactions to them.
There's more to this that meets the eye me thinks.

To Watch the Video at Link:
[video]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2942280/Pregnant-American-teen-facing-death-murdering-socialite-mother-rushed-Bali-hospital-collapsing-bleeding-prison.html#v-4035759935001[/video]

Will the real Heather Arias please step forward :princess: :princess: :princess: :princes: :princess: :princess:

Good news ought to be emphasized, so I will repeat:

http://www.oakpark.com/News/Articles...ved-from-case/

I just get an error message. Has the article been removed? I agree that Heather is not to believed on any level but to be honest I cannot see her doing anything to herself to cause vaginal (my assumption on the source) bleeding. That would be akin to killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

I just get an error message. Has the article been removed? I agree that Heather is not to believed on any level but to be honest I cannot see her doing anything to herself to cause vaginal (my assumption on the source) bleeding. That would be akin to killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

My bold

I don't doubt that the best thing to do was to get her to hospital regardless, and I do hope that little Stella is healthy and just moving a little to get comfortable.

What I question is that the scare did not warrant a stretcher or even someone assisting her to walk, nor the removal of the media on her way from the Court - nor be assisted by a wheel chair into the hospital.
That Heather walk was consistent - she did not seem overly stressed - she did not reply when asked is her baby alright - she never held her tummy (to comfort her baby like she does when she's sitting in front of the Judges)?

Let the medics decide what's really going on - but in Bali, I just never really know.

JTA - this is JMO

I just get an error message. Has the article been removed?
I get the same message.
Did any body save the article - seems its not the first time articles have gone offline on this case :gaah:

I get the same message.
Did any body save the article - seems its not the first time articles have gone offline on this case :gaah:

I just looked, and the article is still there, with twice as many comments as when I first posted the link. Puzzling.

Try this:Go to oakpark.com and look for the article from there. As I write, the link is on the top left of the page.

Could I have posted the wrong or truncated URL? Here it is again:

http://www.oakpark.com/News/Article...-murder-suspect-asks-to-be-removed-from-case/

"A hospital spokesperson said the baby is alright and Mack will likely stay at the hospital overnight and perhaps longer."

http://abc7chicago.com/news/report-pregnant-woman-on-trial-for-moms-murder-hospitalized/504540/

It's strange because if you watch that tape, it appears to be all jumbled up and out of sequence but what I see is the reporters first got wind of this story when she was at the hospital. Who are the guys in the green and black shirts? Paramedics? Where's a prison guard?

Anyway, when she is at the hospital she appears to be carrying a purse and something else. Is the purple shirt from the prison to show that she is a prisoner? Then it cuts to pictures of her getting out of the ambulance and entering the prison through that steel door that her and TS are seen leaving from when they are being transported to court. Holding all her stuff in a garbage bag. With reporters asking her how's the baby. Then it cuts to pictures of her in the ambulance in what appears to be traffic trying to get to the prison.

So the tape is all over place and it appears as though she went to the hospital, got checked out, and then went back to the prison. Nothing to see here but probably some heartburn from the fries, burgers and pizza. LOL

MOO

Astute observations shared by Kamille are a likely diagnosis.
"Nothing to see here but probably some heartburn from the fries, burgers and pizza. LOL"

I watched the video of her being taken to the hospital. I agree, she didn't show any signs of distress. Gosh, I hate to sound cynical, but we all know she is going to milk this pregnancy situation to her advantage. Worry and sympathy are for Baby Stella. Once she delivers the baby, my hopes will be on getting that baby out of the prison into a good home. Heather, however, can stay in prison for all I care.

I just looked, and the article is still there, with twice as many comments as when I first posted the link. Puzzling.

Try this:Go to oakpark.com and look for the article from there. As I write, the link is on the top left of the page.

Could I have posted the wrong or truncated URL? Here it is again:

http://www.oakpark.com/News/Article...-murder-suspect-asks-to-be-removed-from-case/

The comment from poster "Mandolin" is interesting. It looks like everyone who knew this family saw this coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18