GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about it being a requirement. IIRC, Indonesia did pass a law requiring all new mothers to breast feed for 6 months, but no one expected mothers to actually be arrested.

I have scoured the internet, but like so much about Indonesian law, it's difficult to find things. I can't find anything about a mother bringing an infant to trial. I did find an old link where one mother had the baby while in prison but had an outsider baby-sit the infant while she was in court.

HM is a force to be reckoned with, spoiled monster that she is - her 'attitude', you know. OTOH, things haven't all gone entirely her way. I suspect because it's an infant and because she's an obnoxious foreigner with $$, they may allow Stella in the court room. I can see her standing in her cell, clutching Stella and refusing to budge unless the baby goes with her. Are the prison authorities really going to snatch the baby away from her? Especially if Soenardi can make the problem go away with a liberal application of $$$?
BBM. Stupid law, when the baby is more at risk with it's murderer mother. She could decide to kill it. Smothering would be a very easy way to do it.
The baby will survive if it has to be bottle fed. It doesn't belong in prison!!!:jail::jail::jail:

Here is the Chicago Tribune's Reporting on the birth
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-bali-heather-mack-baby-20150317-story.html

I can only wonder what HM will do when the baby starts crying and won't stop eep!

Interesting to read in this article, and the previous one in the Virginia Gazette which says the same:

And in another text last weekend, Mack said she feared the birth would occur behind bars because she lacked a partial down payment that the hospital required upfront. But, Scifo later confirmed, he was able to wire money to Indonesia Monday after working out a deal with Mack's uncle, who controls her $1.56 million trust fund until her 30th birthday.

I thought Sheila's brother had been replaced as the principal trustee. Has this situation changed?

The baby is in good health and Mack could return to the jail as early as Thursday, he [prison chief Sudjonggo] said.

"If no family members or other parties can look after the baby, the baby can be cared for in prison until she turns two," he added.

Prisoners in Kerobokan are reported to live in cramped, filthy conditions, and drug abuse is widespread.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-18/us-teen-on-trial-over-bali-suitcase-murder-gives-birth/6330398

I wonder ... would Tommy's mother petition to take care of the baby? By what the prison chief says, it sounds as though they would prefer for the baby to live in a different environment, if she has someone else who will take care of her.

I guess we have to wait for a verdict and sentence ruling first. :waiting:
Though you would think that the US govt could step in and find a more suitable interim environment for one its innocent baby citizens.
And where is that expensive baby lawyer, Favia?

Does anyone know what the next hearing on Friday is going to be about? I didn't realise that there needed to be more court hearings. I thought Mackoff was running the show now, with the $150,000 allocated dollars.

"A judge has granted her $119,000 so far from the trust fund, and the next hearing on the matter is on Friday in Chicago."

http://news.sky.com/story/1447392/bali-suitcase-murder-teenager-gives-birth

The baby is in good health and Mack could return to the jail as early as Thursday, he [prison chief Sudjonggo] said.

"If no family members or other parties can look after the baby, the baby can be cared for in prison until she turns two," he added.

Prisoners in Kerobokan are reported to live in cramped, filthy conditions, and drug abuse is widespread.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-18/us-teen-on-trial-over-bali-suitcase-murder-gives-birth/6330398

I wonder ... would Tommy's mother petition to take care of the baby? By what the prison chief says, it sounds as though they would prefer for the baby to live in a different environment, if she has someone else who will take care of her.

I guess we have to wait for a verdict and sentence ruling first. :waiting:
Though you would think that the US govt could step in and find a more suitable interim environment for one its innocent baby citizens.
And where is that expensive baby lawyer, Favia?

I was wondering about what was going on with Favia as well SA - or if not Favia, who is representing the child and her best interests now she is here in the big wide world?

One thing for sure: HM and Soenardi won't dare use the suicide threat again. If they pull that trick, the authorities wouldn't dare leave the baby with HM.

RSBM

Oh, didn't that go away very quickly - once some more money was sent.
Disgusting tactics.

But favia, representing the "best interest" of the baby advocated for the baby to be in prison with the mother, IIRC.

So much for the best interests...

Interesting to read in this article, and the previous one in the Virginia Gazette which says the same:
I thought Sheila's brother had been replaced as the principal trustee. Has this situation changed?

As far as I know, Mackoff was the Appointed Trustee in the Chancery case. I can not say for any $ that would have been from other sources eg. Sale of house or possessions etc. that would not have not been in the trust but maybe the will?

On a Separate Note: Found this information on Stella's new home.
Hotel Kerobokan This is dated 2012, so not sure what changes have been made.
http://thejakartaglobe.beritasatu.com/archive/inside-balis-hotel-kerobokan/

Just an observation on Kerobokan. Kerobokan isn't the St. Regis, for sure, but I think the worst 'hell-hole' aspects are on the men's side, not the women's. I've never heard about rampant drug use on the women's side, never heard about women being put in those truly awful solitary cells on the men's side.

OTOH, we read about guys with $ like Julian Ponder getting private or semi-private cells. I've never heard of anyone getting a private or semi-private cell on the women's side - not even Rachel Dougall, who is Julian Ponder's baby-mama and certainly had the $, as well as an understanding of how things work in Indonesia.

This popped up this morning, guess we will have to see all what she has purchased for her stay?

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...rn-Baby-Could-Stay-Behind-Bars-296659481.html

"The degree of corruption in the legal system boggles the mind," said Jeffrey Winters, a political science professor at Northwestern University who has studied the Indonesian legal system.

Winters – who was also asked by lawyers for Mack's uncle, William Wiese, to provide an expert opinion on alleged corruption in Indonesia and how that could impact the money Mack uses from a contested trust fund to pay for her legal and living expenses while in Bali – told NBC 5 Investigates that prison conditions vary dramatically in Indonesia no matter the crime.

"Depending on how much money the prisoner has to pay guards and wardens and to have access to better foods, pillows, cushions, microwave ovens, TV, Internet and cell phone service, even fans and air conditioning," Winters said.

I wonder if now that the baby exists, the judge will reconsider how much money he releases to HM. Or will the baby have no consideration in her mother's trust fund?

Does anyone have any idea? It's one thing to deplete the funds for the upkeep of HM (blech!) but now HM has a dependent who needs maintaining. Assuming HM gets more than two years (roll eyes), will there be any thought to the fact that SM will need money to live. (Unless adopted)

And am I allowed to summarize a comment on an article about the birth that says HM was pregnant twice before by two different men? And had abortions?

If true, I wish that would be brought up in court as another reason Sheila may have brought up abortion-- cause she already had brought her daughter twice, so it was business as usual for them....

I think it is pretty rough in the women’s block in Kerobokan Prison. There is a hierarchy in the women’s block, one that has been established through violence and manipulation.

I don't think we should be fooled because the women tend to keep their personal areas cleaner and more frilly.

It is definitely no place for a baby imo.

Mr Wiratna had ordered the searches of female prisoners cells after photographs had surfaced in a local paper of female prisoners taking drugs.
…. the knives appeared to have been smuggled in and were secreted in the women's cells.
… Lawrence and Gonzales plotted to kill two female jail guards who they hated …
http://www.news.com.au/world/knives...risoner-revealed/story-fndir2ev-1226749245514

It’s a world where 117 women coexist in a block built for only 50.
Trouble had been brewing in the women’s block for a while. More than the usual trouble.
Tensions were high. Some say it was a blue over who was buying their drugs from who or an inmate changing suppliers.
http://cindywockner.com/tag/kerobokan-jail/

Former inmate Australian Paul Conibeer, 44, was recently released from the jail after serving a sentence for not paying a hotel bill.
"You can't have women and men in a prison together. You can't have drugs and alcohol and hookers and all this crazy stuff going on. It's not supposed to happen that way."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfZh8lqKEms

Rachel Dougall said she suffered savaged beatings within days of beginning a year-long sentence for drug-related crimes.
… locked up with drug addicts, HIV-positive inmates and sexually aggressive lesbians in a tiny cell at the prison …. "Most of the women were on drugs virtually every day," she said.
http://www.news.com.au/world/uk-wom...kerobokan-prison/story-fndir2ev-1226687219033

So is the trial on hold? This is a travesty right now. Ridiculous.

Any reporting of the infant's middle name?

If middle name starts with and "O", infant's initials would be an apropos "SOS"!!! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadeeire