GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh sorry, I didnt explain that properly - from the video (SouthAussie's link)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJGykNmJgu4

The Daily Mail gave this translation of what HM was saying....

on the video though, HM actually says @ 1:53 ...

How is that woman allowed anywhere near poor Stella. So scary. She should be nowhere around her. She's like a low class 13 year old trying to raise a baby. I feel so sorry for that litte mite.

I know Elkin got paid so maybe he took the money and ran. Favia seemed to me to insert herself in the proceedings and I suspect her motives have been less than pure. The person that pays the bill is not the client nor do they determine the direction the attorney takes so HM is not the client even tho she probably indicated to Favia she could pay her after someone said "Hey, your unborn child needs an attorney" and the seed was planted. She can't practice in Bali, and what case does her "client" have standing in the US in? I suspect HM made some promises to Favia after Elkin brought her on board but I really question if she actually has a client, you can say you are representing someone until you are blue in the face but frankly if your "client" has no standing I'm not sure how you get paid or even why. Bugbear, I'm so tired right now can't think but I am sure with the right conviction HM will have no way of touching the estate money period and with the right sentence she will probably get the remainder of the trust. SWN didn't seem to offer ultimatums in life to HM, I'd been very surprised if there were any included in the trust provisos. About Stella, I'm not sure what will happen, I have a couple of ideas but am not ready to commit to them yet, plus we have no idea what SWM's will says either. :offtobed: to await today/tomorrow..it is the big day, correct?

I know Elkin got paid so maybe he took the money and ran. Favia seemed to me to insert herself in the proceedings and I suspect her motives have been less than pure. The person that pays the bill is not the client nor do they determine the direction the attorney takes so HM is not the client even tho she probably indicated to Favia she could pay her after someone said "Hey, your unborn child needs an attorney" and the seed was planted. She can't practice in Bali, and what case does her "client" have standing in the US in? I suspect HM made some promises to Favia after Elkin brought her on board but I really question if she actually has a client, you can say you are representing someone until you are blue in the face but frankly if your "client" has no standing I'm not sure how you get paid or even why. Bugbear, I'm so tired right now can't think but I am sure with the right conviction HM will have no way of touching the estate money period and with the right sentence she will probably get the remainder of the trust. SWN didn't seem to offer ultimatums in life to HM, I'd been very surprised if there were any included in the trust provisos. About Stella, I'm not sure what will happen, I have a couple of ideas but am not ready to commit to them yet, plus we have no idea what SWM's will says either. :offtobed: to await today/tomorrow..it is the big day, correct?

BBM: Well, it is 8:50pm in Bali now, and still nothing in MSM. So I am guessing that the Daily Mail was wrong :thud: when it said Thursday, and it will actually be Tuesday of next week, as the Trib and other publications have said.

Yup, I just woke up and raced to ask my daughter and SIL who watch the WGN (Chicago) news first thing in the morning and not a word on HM so Aussie I'd say you are right.

Yup, I just woke up and raced to ask my daughter and SIL who watch the WGN (Chicago) news first thing in the morning and not a word on HM so Aussie I'd say you are right.

OT: I thought of you yesterday when I received a gallon tub of Garretts cheese and caramel popcorn from a friend who lives in Chicago thanking me for a favor I did for her, problem is I started a sugar free diet:(. DH is thrilled to have it all to himself. Lol

ciao

Looks like it's Sheila's credit card in the shopping vine... can't really read it, but when you click the link and before you press play it shows a still image and it looks like the name is Sheila Von Wiese. Smh

I'm sure that it is Sheila's. . HM was either 17 or 18 when that Vine was filmed. American Express would not have given HM a credit card.

By the way, I have that same card. SPG is Starwood preferred guest. This is how you get points for Starwood – which is what the St Regis is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OT: I thought of you yesterday when I received a gallon tub of Garretts cheese and caramel popcorn from a friend who lives in Chicago thanking me for a favor I did for her, problem is I started a sugar free diet:(. DH is thrilled to have it all to himself. Lol

ciao

Ha...lucky man!

It's things like this in the Indonesian press that don't help Stella's cause...

http://m.thejakartapost.com/news/2015/04/14/maternal-instinct.html

I think we saw a lot of this sort of publicity prior to the official arrest.
Didn't fool anyone.
I think this looks so much like a publicity stunt - once more *yawn
I wonder how much they paid to get this in the public eye.

They should have put this one instead...

What's under the green blanket?
Stella's face.
This is the moment that HM tries to cover her baby up - by throwing a blanket over her face whilst she was asleep (Stella is in the arms of her carer while waiting outside the holding cell that HM is in).

This is also HM's 'Maternal Instinct'.

Im innocent sorry stell blanket throw over babys face.JPG

I can't understand why the Balinese people aren't infuriated by the leniancy that's been showed to these Westerners. If they were in the same position, how many of them would be able to come up with the money to buy their way out of a crime? And would they have been so lenient if it was one of their own countryman or woman who had killed a Western tourist? Who would want to visit Bali under these circumstances. Why hasn't there been a outcry from the locals and the press? Heck, where has our government been in all this? The way this case has been handled makes me ill.

The Balinese people may well be infuriated, or at least a bit horrified and disgusted, but they won’t say so …. at least, not publicly. Most Balinese are very intimidated by the police and authorities, and for good, historical reasons.

But it is very disappointing that the US authorities have not been seen publicly to be ensuring that Sheila receives proper justice, and that her murderers are not treated like royalty. I wonder how they would be acting if Sheila had been murdered by an Indonesian gang. I dunno … maybe they have received private reassurances from the Indonesian authorities. :dunno:

And as for that Maternal Instinct photo, it should have a caption under it …. “sponsored by Ray Wiseman”.

imo

I can't understand why the Balinese people aren't infuriated by the leniancy that's been showed to these Westerners. If they were in the same position, how many of them would be able to come up with the money to buy their way out of a crime? And would they have been so lenient if it was one of their own countryman or woman who had killed a Western tourist? Who would want to visit Bali under these circumstances. Why hasn't there been a outcry from the locals and the press? Heck, where has our government been in all this? The way this case has been handled makes me ill.

I'm sure that they are outraged - the Balinese people are a peaceful & beautiful people. And Bali is a magical place.
As for the corruption though - its a different matter.

My bold...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_in_Indonesia
There are two key areas in the public sector in which corruption in Indonesia can be found. These are the justice and civil service sectors.
While hard data on corruption is difficult to collect, corruption in Indonesia is clearly seen through public opinion, collated through surveys as well as observation of how each system runs.

I'm sure that they are outraged - the Balinese people are a peaceful & beautiful people. And Bali is a magical place.

As for the corruption though - its a different matter.

:yes: Yes, I think it is important to distinguish between Balinese people and Indonesian people (from Java).

Bali is only part of Indonesia by default. Colonised by the Dutch, and then taken over by Indonesia when it claimed all Dutch territories in that area.

Unfortunately, the Balinese have no authority on their own island. The authorities are all Indonesian people.

http://www.nasty-bali.org/balinese-history.html

So.... verdict should be this coming Tuesday, the 21st?? TIA!! :wave:

I had a feeling something along these lines was in the working. I am sure there is a better source but when I heard it on the radio on my way into work, this was the first article to pop up.

http://www.people.com/article/bali-suitcase-murder-heather-mack-possible-execution

Mack's Chicago-based attorneys are filing papers today on behalf of their client to turn over 30 percent of her $1.3 million trust fund to help provide care for her infant daughter.

"Whatever your opinion of the adults in this case," says attorney Vanessa Favia, "I believe everyone would agree that the baby bears no culpability in this truly sad affair."

Mack's criminal defense attorney Michael Elkin insists that his client's decision to transfer a portion of her trust fund to her daughter isn't an admission of guilt. "Now that the prosecution and defense have rested, Heather says she no longer wants to wait," says Elkin. "Heather wants Stella to be provided for, regardless of what people may think of her."

NBC's Link: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...-Trust-Fund-to-Infant-Daughter-300631301.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971