GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa! Just saw my google alerts and got caught up. I thought Heather's acting was terrible in the video, but, I would not be surprised one bit if it was Heather who hit Sheila. I'm sure she took her turn at the very least. TS is NOT innocent. I appreciate Orange Tabby's remarks about conspiracy. Has TS said anything on Instagram?

Next week is the court date for HM. Also, doesn't Stella turn 2 next month?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...r-mack-youtube-video-0206-20170204-story.html

Debbi Curran, the younger sister of von Wiese-Mack, called Heather's claims "completely false."

"Since the brutal murder of my dear sister, Sheila, two and a half years ago, our family has had to endure endless lies about what actually happened in Bali," Curran, of St. Louis, said in a written statement. "Heather Mack's stories about her relationship with her mother and the events in Bali have changed so many times; it is impossible to discern truth from deception. However, her accusation about Sheila killing Jim is completely false. Sheila loved Jim very deeply and was devastated by his death. We are also struck by the utter lack of any remorse from Heather over her mother's murder."

Wouln't that be something if she wound up with more time in bali prison and he doesn't get reduced. I still think she doesn't want to face charges in the US-- he situation there is much nicer than it would be here.

The Indonesia lawyers weigh in. TS's lawyer hasn't heard from him for a while.

One of Mack’s legal team, Novi Wiryani, also questioned the truth of the latest video, saying that Mack was unstable and childish. She has not spoken to her about the video.

“I am thinking that maybe she is stressed or whatever. Maybe there is something or there is a situation that makes her say that. Whether it is true or not, I don’t know because she is a bit unstable,” Ms Wiryani said.

“To me, she is too childish. What she was thinking sometimes was not logical for me. Sometimes she looked tough. Sometimes not.”

She added that she avoiding getting too close to Mack. She has no plans to visit Mack in prison and ask her about the video.

Also, HM is not a model prisoner and it sounds like the authorities still expect Stella to leave prison at age two.

Kerobokan Jail Governor Tony Nainggolan said that prison authorities would investigate and sanction Mack for making and uploading a video from jail, banning her from getting sentence remissions.

Mr Nainggolan said it was not the first time Mack would be sanctioned. Last year she was also placed on the F register and did not get any Christmas remissions or sentence cut for the same thing — uploading a video from inside jail.

Mobile phones are strictly contraband for prisoners in the jail however, many have and use them.

Mr Nainggolan described Mack as a prisoner who is “difficult to be directed” and authorities would also monitor if she was using drugs or alcohol. He said he had seen Mack several times recently and noticed no change in her.

He said plans were being formulated for Mack’s daughter to soon leave the jail. Stella, who turns two in March, has been in the jail with her mother since she was born but under Indonesian rules must leave the jail when she turns two.

Mr Nainggolan said a third party had been nominated to care for Stella in Bali but the timing was still being arranged.

Oh, darn. Doesn't sound like the prosecutor is interested in following up.

The prosecutor in the cases, Eddy Artha Wijaya, had also not heard about the video until contacted by News Corporation. He said the prosecution would take no action in regard to the new claims.

“My task is already finished. The verdict has already been declared final and binding. They are serving the sentence. So we will not do anything. Ask her why she said it just now,” Mr Wijaya said.

He also pointed out that a confession alone, like that made by Mack in the latest video, had no value unless it was supported by other evidence.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/lawyers-for-heather-mack-and-tommy-schaefer-have-reservations-over-a-youtube-confession/news-story/e8ad6d0bb3368f124c3d28167d6e0550

A member of her "defense team" (yes she has a team where TS has a lawyer who hasn't spoken to him) says she's childish and unstable...but is still considered fit to raise a child in prison for two years.

She has been sanctioned before for uploading video from a contraband device from inside the prison but still has a cell phone and still accesses the internet with it.

She didn't get any time shaved off her sentence last Christmas. Did TS?

Who is this supposed lawyer person who is claiming that TS may be putting pressure on her from inside the prison? How would he do this when she pretty much appears to run the joint herself?

Why isn't anything done with this prisoner who is "difficult to be directed"? Like maybe take her child away from her, let the child's supposed GAL find a proper placement for her, and put the "difficult" prisoner in solitary for a while. We've all seen how the guards fawn over her. They're not watching her for anything.

Who is this third party in Bali who is supposedly taking Stella next month? Why doesn't her father have any say in where she is placed?

Of course the prosecutor says "my task is already finished" and won't look into these claims. They received their bribe to ensure that they actually overlooked the real evidence and asked for a light sentence instead IMO. Let's not bring this case back out in the open or she's bound to start talking about that too. Since when is any court matter in Indonesia considered "final and binding"? Tell that to the Canadian teacher, Neil Bannerman who has been convicted, had his conviction overturned but can't leave the country because his passport is revoked and is now possibly facing trial again while the prosecutors appeal. Do these people just make stuff up on the fly? Are there any actual laws on the books in that country?

Where is Ari Soenardi? He's her actual lawyer isn't he? ;) Oh wait, she can't get any more large cash installments so I guess not. :notgood:

MOO

Great thoughts and comments again on the thread - Thank-you guys - its the thread that just keeps giving and giving :toastred:

The videos are just plain weird - especially when technically much of her confession is tainted with inconsistencies and lies, but I think that there will be some snippet that is the truth and I do believe she did kill her mother and was not standing by watching it happen.

and about the video....
- even though HM killed her mother, its apparent from what she says on the video, that it did not stop the hate that is still boiling inside HM towards Sheila - even after the fact, HM talks and lies about her mother still as if she is obsessed with causing her harm. As if the vengeance she took out on Sheila wasn't enough, HM is still throwing punches.

If you ask me, HM needs a Mental Health assessment, and she needs to be under watch for self harm - because, what she has done is a little more than weird.

I watched the videos again.

- I watched with the sound off. When I did, her fidgeting and twitching really stood out to me. Doesn't seem normal or consistent with her previous video clips. Drugs or stress?

- HM never talked about Stella. IIRC, both TS and she have spoken about Stella in past communications.

- I'm curious about the story behind the videos. She posted them directly to Youtube, but it's not clear to me how she got the word out. I can't help but wonder why she chose this method, instead of skyping with a reporter or her US attorney.

I wonder what HM's lawyers think of this. She implicated her Bali attorney by saying they told TS to take the fall. She confessed to killing SWM. I don't think this is something her US lawyers instructed her to do. They have a court date next week in Cook County. Wish I could be a fly on the wall in that court room!

Orange Tabby is probably correct on HM's motivation. But, like the well thought out get away plan, this will backfire on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is this third party in Bali who is supposedly taking Stella next month? Why doesn't her father have any say in where she is placed?

Yes, where will Stella be placed? Anybody know?

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

I wonder what HM's lawyers think of this. She implicated her Bali attorney by saying they told TS to take the fall. She confessed to killing SWM. I don't think this is something her US lawyers instructed her to do. They have a court date next week in Cook County. Wish I could be a fly on the wall in that court room!

Orange Tabby is probably correct on HM's motivation. But, like the well thought out get away plan, this will backfire on her.

I also agree with Orange Tabby's reading of the situation.

Do we think it's safe to assume that the slayer statute issue has been resolved and HM has lost?

One thing that really struck me about both TS's long Facebook post and HM's 'confession': the disregard for facts.

Are they getting forgetful? They've got internet access, they have to know what has been released to the public from RB's texts with TS. Do they really think RB would have entered a 'guilty' plea if he thought there was any chance of getting the emails tossed out of court?

Seriously - who are they trying to kid? and why?

Yeah, I thought that was amusing (no disrespect to Sheila's family-- her death was awful and tragic.I'm not making light of her death).

HM: I don't know why his cousin made a plea bargain and is serving time in jail for something he wasn't a part of. Hum. Well gee, Heather, maybe its because you are lying and he helped plan and is..... ummmmm.... I don't know.... ummmm could it be..... guilty? Cause you know, I just love serving time in prison for random things that had nothing to do with me :facepalm:

Great thoughts and comments again on the thread - Thank-you guys - its the thread that just keeps giving and giving :toastred:

The videos are just plain weird - especially when technically much of her confession is tainted with inconsistencies and lies, but I think that there will be some snippet that is the truth and I do believe she did kill her mother and was not standing by watching it happen.

and about the video....
- even though HM killed her mother, its apparent from what she says on the video, that it did not stop the hate that is still boiling inside HM towards Sheila - even after the fact, HM talks and lies about her mother still as if she is obsessed with causing her harm. As if the vengeance she took out on Sheila wasn't enough, HM is still throwing punches.

If you ask me, HM needs a Mental Health assessment, and she needs to be under watch for self harm - because, what she has done is a little more than weird.

BBM

HM had every opportunity to hit her mother over the head with any large item in their own room without involving TS. Apparently her preferred method was a drug overdose that didn't work which is why she enlisted TS's help once he arrived. He brought the murder weapon to the room and entered the room with it. Obviously SVM put up a good fight and it's probably very possible that HM did deliver some blows to her mother, maybe even the final one. It was definitely two against one in that scenario. If I recall correctly, wasn't there a lot of broken glass in the room? Perhaps she did pick up something else to hit her mother with once they realized that the first blow from the handle didn't work and SVM got up to try to save her life.

Anyway, based on the texts, she expected TS to "say hi" to her mother. And she conspired and gave him entry to the room to do so. I have no doubt he used that weapon on Sheila. Both are guilty, regardless of who delivered the final fatal blow.

MOO

Well one lawyer thinks she's childish and unstable. Another seems to be MIA since the funds dried up.

Why does Elkin only want to talk to the Tribune when he's pushing his own agenda?

Why hasn't Favia gotten "her client, Stella" out of that hellhole and away from her childish and unstable mother. Now it's on record that another lawyer believes this about the person who is responsible for the health and welfare of "her client".

Pffftt....lawyers. Not a one with anyone's best interest but their own.

MOO

Yeah, I thought that was amusing (no disrespect to Sheila's family-- her death was awful and tragic.I'm not making light of her death).

HM: I don't know why his cousin made a plea bargain and is serving time in jail for something he wasn't a part of. Hum. Well gee, Heather, maybe its because you are lying and he helped plan and is..... ummmmm.... I don't know.... ummmm could it be..... guilty? Cause you know, I just love serving time in prison for random things that had nothing to do with me :facepalm:

Like you said: Box of rocks.

Actually? I think the narcissist in her really believes she is smarter than everyone and we will believe her. My stepdaughter is the same. Her mother is a pathological liar and raised her for several years and we just got her away from her last year. She lies constantly without flinching and it's fascinating behavior. I get the exact same vibe from HM as I do from my 12yo. She thinks she is playing everyone like we are flies in her web but what she doesn't get is that what she thinks is genius actually plays more like 'box of rocks'.

We work every day on honesty and credibility. It's been a journey. We are getting there.

[emoji92]Justice for Sheila[emoji92]

Good luck, watergurl1. That's got to be tough.

I think HM is under pressure, bored out of her mind, and deep down, I think she's starting to think that if she doesn't get out early, it's not looking like a lot of fun ahead. She is losing more control every day.

There was a crackdown last year at Kerobokan. The warden (?) was replaced. Previously, visitors mingled with prisoners in an open area. Now visitors and prisoners are kept apart by a plastic barrier. A prison official in recent reports mentions that HM got sanctioned last year for uploading videos.

HM had been regularly uploading video clips and pics to her IG. Then the Daily Mail and others broke a well-illustrated story of cigarettes, alcohol, and partying.

And here's her retraction and explanation for the video....

ONLY days after American woman Heather Mack appeared in a YouTube video, sensationally confessing to killing her mother in Bali, Mack now claims the video is false, made more than a year ago and that she was pressured into doing it and told what to say.

In yet another twist in the so-called Bali suitcase murder, Mack denies the confession is the truth and says that her former boyfriend and co-accused Tommy Schaefer gave her a piece of paper with the confession on it, penned by him, and told her to read it to camera.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/su...e/news-story/dceffab44b9777d286f42e3ce77edf7f

Okay Tommy, your turn. Just call Christy over there at the Tribune for your side of the story to make it to print.

:dunno:

In a two-page document, titled a clarification, Mack and her lawyer Yulius Benyamin Seran, say: “Considering that contents of the video are fake (by design), recorded under a pressure of about one year ago where previously Tommy Schaefer has written the scenario of confession, have in mind at the time when video was made around June 11 2016. Heather Mack put a handwritten letter from Tommy in front of her to be read.”

The statement says further that Mack never uploaded the video and that other parties deliberately created an account with the name Heather Mack in order to create the illusion that it was Mack’s doing.

And it points out that the court verdict against Mack and Schaefer is final and binding and that the video is not “new evidence” to reopen the case.

“Heather Mack is a victim of such fake video and allegedly there is the motivation behind the video published on the YouTube page to affect the ongoing trial in Chicago as well as efforts interfere the process of transition (of) Stella’s guardianship,” the statement says.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/su...e/news-story/dceffab44b9777d286f42e3ce77edf7f

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18