Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the need for BK sometimes, but what I dont understand is how you can claim bankruptcy to include future claims against you. Zenaida/Roy/Tim have yet to have their day in court but if her BK is successful their suits will be dismissed - right? I understood the purpose of BK was to free someone who was mired in debt - not to avoid legitimate lawsuits still in the offing.
wanting any future claims against her set aside while not wanting any future income counted as an asset reveals a huge sense of entitlement. but we knew that

there are so many jobs she could do at home. two that pay very well are medical coding for billing and medical transcription, and neither require any public interaction. they don't care if you do it at 2pm or 2am, if you're meeting the deadlines you're OK

this abuse of the bankruptcy process has been plotted and maneuvered and sanctioned by her leeeegal team every step of the way. I have never/ever seen someone so worthless and trashy attract so many hangers-on. (outside of the ghetto, that is). her posse does not consist of lounge lizards from Fusion, they are educated and they have degrees and careers! O M G

wanting any future claims against her set aside while not wanting any future income counted as an asset reveals a huge sense of entitlement. but we knew that

there are so many jobs she could do at home. two that pay very well are medical coding for billing and medical transcription, and neither require any public interaction. they don't care if you do it at 2pm or 2am, if you're meeting the deadlines you're OK

this abuse of the bankruptcy process has been plotted and maneuvered and sanctioned by her leeeegal team every step of the way. I have never/ever seen someone so worthless and trashy attract so many hangers-on. (outside of the ghetto, that is). her posse does not consist of lounge lizards from Fusion, they are educated and they have degrees and careers! O M G

I think all her lawyers are of the same mindset as she- they love thumbing their nose at the system and don't mind lying, twisting the truth to have that feeling of getting away with something. When talking about her need to file bankruptcy I have yet to hear her lawyers state that she got herself in this mess. It's the fault of everyone else hounding her according to them.

I think all her lawyers are of the same mindset as she- they love thumbing their nose at the system and don't mind lying, twisting the truth to have that feeling of getting away with something. When talking about her need to file bankruptcy I have yet to hear her lawyers state that she got herself in this mess. It's the fault of everyone else hounding her according to them.

Agree ZsaZsa and one more thing and maybe the most important one - at least to them.

The exposure - the press, the publicity! You can't buy this kind of huge exposure to the paying public. For me it's about face time + no morals.

Casey Anthony's bankruptcy attorney, David L. Schrader, has added two new Creditors to the case, filed March 7, 2013.

NOTE: Still no attorney Dorothy Sims as a Creditor and no attorney Cheney Mason, attorney Lizbeth Fryer, attorney Charles Greene, attorney Andrew Chmelir or attorney Debra Ferwerda, or bankruptcy attorney David Schrader, or P.I. Pat McKenna, or P.I. Dominic Casey

William Slabaugh - attorney
c/o Jose A. Baez
The Baez Law Firm

Michelle Medina - attorney

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIZ0JaX2g5bTYtMkE/edit?usp=sharing

Casey Anthony Bankruptcy add Slabaugh and Medina March 7 2013

I wonder if she had a Retainer agreement with Slabaugh and Medina?
OR
since they worked for Baez's Law firm and he was the Retained Attorney if it was his Baez responsible to pay their salaries?

Cheney Mason is working Pro Bono so does that mean Lisbeth Fryer is also or does Mason pay her?

I assume that was meant to be a dig at me because I have mentioned I walk dogs. I beg your pardon, but you know absolutely nothing about me, or my education level. I have a M.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering from Va Tech, and I walk dogs cause I enjoy it, and I didn't need to file bankruptcy for either. By the way, how do you know he doesn't walk dogs? Does he have a dog? If so, who walks his dog if he doesn't? Oh, wait, he's too busy trying using his "power" to keep his kids out of jail to walk a pet.

I think you will find that Tulessa was referring to Casey- who is a high school dropout and has been reported as seen walking her dog around Ocean Woods condos. I somehow doubt Tulessa would be interested or aware of your demographic data...

Casey Anthony: Jose Baez talks to WKMG's Lauren Rowe

How about this link? Does this one work for you?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...ony-jose-baez-talks-to-wkmgs-lauren-rowe.html

I hope he is asked to clarify if he made money selling pictures of his client?(now former client)
Casey has put in her BK filing that she relinquished photos of herself to Baez (Sept 2011) and that he sold them but she doesn't know how much he got.
He was still her attorney of record at that time.

I assume that was meant to be a dig at me because I have mentioned I walk dogs. I beg your pardon, but you know absolutely nothing about me, or my education level. I have a M.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering from Va Tech, and I walk dogs cause I enjoy it, and I didn't need to file bankruptcy for either. By the way, how do you know he doesn't walk dogs? Does he have a dog? If so, who walks his dog if he doesn't? Oh, wait, he's too busy trying using his "power" to keep his kids out of jail to walk a pet.
I thought the reference was to FCA walking a dog/her dog, and not getting a GED. but what do I know? not much, sometimes. (OK, often)

While we are examing Casey Anthony (and George and Cindy's) finances re: bankruptcy, and how inept and criminal they are at managing their money, let's not forget, everyone's hero, Jeff Ashton, also filed bankruptcy at one time.

http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/state-attorney-candidate-filed-bankruptcy-before/vF4FC/

Plenty of people file bankruptcy for various personal reasons, but you, once again, are missing the point. He filed 15 years ago because of a business he started with his wife whom he later divorced. He doesn't sit on his lazy rear end all day trying to avoid his responsibilities.
And I have no problem admitting that he is my hero. He is brilliant and is a man of integrity. Now, let's see ... who was it that wasn't admitted to the bar because of his "total lack of respect for the rights of others and lack of respect for the legal system", unpaid bills, extravagant spending, and other financial irresponsibility including not paying child support for his only child? The same guy who yet again is making several media appearances this week and will no doubt be plugging his book once again.

What are you implying by saying he used his "power"? Representing his own son is not using his "power". He risked his reputation by representing his son, and that is just another reason I find him to be so remarkable. Some men in his position would put their own careers and reputation first, but he put his son first. As a parent myself, I find that extremely admirable. His son is very fortunate to have a father like him.

A few minutes ago this was posted on Twitter by Adam Longo, a CBS reporter:

Adam Longo ‏@adamlongoCBS5
BREAKING NOW: Casey Anthony breaks silence. Talks on the record with CBS 5. Story to post shortly. #caseyanthony #cbs5 @kpho

CBS 5 News ‏@KPHO
BREAKING: Casey Anthony talks to #CBS5 State civil cases against her on hold, shifting to Federal Court in Tampa. More to come

Updates will appear here:

http://twitter.com/adamlongoCBS5

http://twitter.com/KPHO

KPHO has a news story online:

Casey Anthony declares bankruptcy; talks exclusively to CBS 5

"This is the next step towards closure for me," said Anthony in a phone conversation Friday evening.

"These are the things holding me back," said Anthony. "This is the key for me to move forward."

http://www.kpho.com/story/20714160/casey-anthony-declares-bankruptcy-talks-exclusively-to-cbs-5

Bumping the OP. Ahem.

Good morning!!

sun1_zps403f0e28.gif
coffee.gif

*Stay on topic and please stop personalizing posts directed toward members*

An article in Florida Courier about BK:

http://flcourier.com/2013/03/07/casey-anthony-questioned-about-bankruptcy-filing/

Shuker was especially skeptical of Anthony’s claim that she’s received no offers to sell her story. He quoted Greene, in an interview, saying that there had been offers.

Greene objected, and Anthony stumbled, ultimately saying, “I don’t know if he said that, no.”

If Meininger determines Anthony’s story is an asset, she could lose her rights to it as part of her bankruptcy.

BBM - I had not heard that before. Is this true?

What are you implying by saying he used his "power"? Representing his own son is not using his "power". He risked his reputation by representing his son, and that is just another reason I find him to be so remarkable. Some men in his position would put their own careers and reputation first, but he put his son first. As a parent myself, I find that extremely admirable. His son is very fortunate to have a father like him.

I so agree w/you. He also represented his son for his court case during the time he was actively running for States Attorney. Representing his son at this time could have potentially hurt his bid to be elected, but he chose to stand by his child and help him anyway. Jeff Ashton is not a perfect man. He's never said that and nobody thinks that, but throughout his life, he has tried to do the right thing. He has worked hard his whole career and doesn't sit on his rear end living off the "kindness" of others and basically mooching off of anybody that he can. Plus, he didn't file bankruptcy knowing that his million dollar book deal/interview deal was right around the corner. I have no doubt in my mind that the second after casey's bankruptcy is settled, a deal will be made for her tell-all book and interview. I am at the point where I am fine w/it because that money isn't going to last her forever and then what's she going to do? Her counsel is probably only standing by her now because they expect a big pay day. Once that is over and done with I would be very surprised if most of her counsel continues to stand by her. I think that is the time that casey will be forced to pay in some way for all of her previous wrongdoings. It will be a similar situation to OJ. It took a while, but boy is he paying for his sins now!

http://flcourier.com/2013/03/07/casey-anthony-questioned-about-bankruptcy-filing/

I hope that is true! I believe that most of her counsel is standing by her right now not on the principle that they think she is right and has been wronged by the legal system, but that they are waiting for their big pay day via her story. She's a one trick pony. Her story is the only thing that is going to potentially make her any real money. She has no skills or qualifications to get any kind of a real job. Without her story she will self destruct sooner rather than later, and I foresee most of her entourage running for the hills as fast as they can. She will have to go back to her parents and beg them to support her. I don't see how the court could not consider her story a potential asset for her. Let's hope the court does the right thing here.

So it looks like my "thought for the day" is how content would I be with FCA granted bankruptcy if all of her rights to her story was considered an "asset" and taken away from her.

So my first question would be "what would that look like"? Does that mean forever? Payment for any TV interview, book or movie reverts back to the BK court for creditors?

Do I think that would be enough? I don't know - I need to think about this for a while. For a start - it's better than nothing. It would certainly give her closure all right - meaning a closed door.....:floorlaugh:

Thoughts?

It would be better than what I think we are going to get. As in NO Satisfaction! Has AZ Lawyer confirmed that this would be a possibility? It doesn't sound likely to me, but I know nothing about the law. If she says so, I'll surely be hoping for it. I am expending too much emotional energy wishing this bad person get justice for ending a little girl's life. I have a 2 and a half year old grandaughter and there is nothing cuter, more loveable, more filled with joy and goodness and compassion than a toddler girl.

I'm reading through this article and a thought popped in my head. Many have asked, myself included, why CM would still be so involved with KC after the trial is over and he has retired. Could it be as simple as he is trying to keep his behind from under the bus? IMO, KC WILL throw JB under the bus at some point in time when it serves her purpose. I can hear the wheels spinning as I read this article and she is telling how she "was asked to pose for photos". She will eventually tell all sorts of tales about him, I am certain. Me thinks CM is trying to make sure he doesn't end up as a player in one of her sagas. JMO.

So it looks like my "thought for the day" is how content would I be with FCA granted bankruptcy if all of her rights to her story was considered an "asset" and taken away from her.

So my first question would be "what would that look like"? Does that mean forever? Payment for any TV interview, book or movie reverts back to the BK court for creditors?

Do I think that would be enough? I don't know - I need to think about this for a while. For a start - it's better than nothing. It would certainly give her closure all right - meaning a closed door.....:floorlaugh:

Thoughts?

It almost seems as though the court will HAVE to consider her selling her story in the future as an asset. How can they not? How many times has some news personality referred to the case as the biggest since OJ? How many trademarks have the A's filed for? Does KC not now own the trademarks to anything about Caylee since she was aquitted? Wouldn't that be considered an asset? Are people still buying Caylee bears and tshirts, and are they still donating to a fund for her? Inquiring minds want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor