Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it looks like my "thought for the day" is how content would I be with FCA granted bankruptcy if all of her rights to her story was considered an "asset" and taken away from her.

So my first question would be "what would that look like"? Does that mean forever? Payment for any TV interview, book or movie reverts back to the BK court for creditors?

Do I think that would be enough? I don't know - I need to think about this for a while. For a start - it's better than nothing. It would certainly give her closure all right - meaning a closed door.....:floorlaugh:

Thoughts?

Interesting questions...
I am trying to find the legislation allowing the BK trustee/judge to take away the right to sell her story...Still looking, I thought a link was posted here..Does anyone remember?

But as I search I am coming across the OJ book and how the Goldman family acquired the rights to the book, his name, his likeness, his life story, and right of publicity for the book, from a court appointed BK Trustee.

What I also came across was that the Judge found that OJ's daughter had set up a company that owned the rights to his book. The Judge said that the company was set up to funnel profits to OJ. The Judge ruled that the company started by OJ's daughter was set up to "perpetuate fraud"

I'm reading through this article and a thought popped in my head. Many have asked, myself included, why CM would still be so involved with KC after the trial is over and he has retired. Could it be as simple as he is trying to keep his behind from under the bus? IMO, KC WILL throw JB under the bus at some point in time when it serves her purpose. I can hear the wheels spinning as I read this article and she is telling how she "was asked to pose for photos". She will eventually tell all sorts of tales about him, I am certain. Me thinks CM is trying to make sure he doesn't end up as a player in one of her sagas. JMO.

[/B]BBM[/B]
Cheney Mason has Retired? As of When?
I remember that he was contemplating retirement but decided to become part of Casey's legal team and then he took on more local high profile clients

My guess is she has already sold the rights and those funds are all hidden behind fronted companies or charities or something so the money could never be traced to her or land in one of her accounts. So when she claims BK from what I think I know lol, as long as there are no assets, no cash, no income claimed for a certain period of time for the duration of her bankruptcy there's not much they can do other than investigate what has "ALREADY" been done and charge her with false declarations or pretenses if they find out. If there is any income after this they will cease it or partially cease it. IMO It's all in cash since no one is going to support her for free and from the kindness of their heart for the rest of her life. Another clue to this is Cindy not working, it's been what 3 years? I think the court knows that she had offers, I'm not convinced they can do anything unless they dive into the paper trails. She could have sold Cindy the rights for a 1$ for all we know and Cindy sold the story. Maybe I'm wrong

My guess is she has already sold the rights and those funds are all hidden behind fronted companies or charities or something so the money could never be traced to her or land in one of her accounts. So when she claims BK from what I think I know lol, as long as there are no assets, no cash, no income claimed for a certain period of time for the duration of her bankruptcy there's not much they can do other than investigate what has "ALREADY" been done and charge her with false declarations or pretenses if they find out. If there is any income after this they will cease it or partially cease it. IMO It's all in cash since no one is going to support her for free and from the kindness of their heart for the rest of her life. Another clue to this is Cindy not working, it's been what 3 years? I think the court knows that she had offers, I'm not convinced they can do anything unless they dive into the paper trails. She could have sold Cindy the rights for a 1$ for all we know and Cindy sold the story. Maybe I'm wrong

BBM
I agree.

Interesting questions...
I am trying to find the legislation allowing the BK trustee/judge to take away the right to sell her story...Still looking, I thought a link was posted here..Does anyone remember?

But as I search I am coming across the OJ book and how the Goldman family acquired the rights to the book, his name, his likeness, his life story, and right of publicity for the book, from a court appointed BK Trustee.

What I also came across was that the Judge found that OJ's daughter had set up a company that owned the rights to his book. The Judge said that the company was set up to funnel profits to OJ. The Judge ruled that the company started by OJ's daughter was set up to "perpetuate fraud"

I think they could gain control of his money because of their civil action against him. They found him guilty and knew he would hide his assets.
Since the book never made any money, the victory was a bit hollow for them...

There is no one other than a spouse or your mother that will support you financially, feed,clothe and provide all your needs long term without something in return.
So, either the 'friends' who are looking after her expect to be paid back soon, or her mother is paying her way. My guess is Cindy - and the court should make efforts to investigate the real source of her income..

There is no one other than a spouse or your mother that will support you financially, feed,clothe and provide all your needs long term without something in return.
So, either the 'friends' who are looking after her expect to be paid back soon, or her mother is paying her way. My guess is Cindy - and the court should make efforts to investigate the real source of her income..

PEOPLE magazine
Issue March 18, 2013 [cover Valerie Harper terminal cancer]
small inside story, page 83, "Casey Anthony Out of Hiding"
by Steve Helling

excerpt:
"... Citing safety concerns, Anthony refused to name her benefactors, but a source close to her tells PEOPLE that she has reconciled with her entire family, including her father, George, whom she famously accused, during her murder trial, of molesting her. (He denied the allegations.) "They're still rebuilding their relationship." says the source. "But her parents have helped her out both emotionally and financially."

Yes, but how would that help FCA or CA if they have hidden her rights and the BK rules to take those assets away ifrom her? I have no doubt there is a deal somewhere in the background.

However, it won't be a public secret if they do and who is going to try sneaking behind the feds just to have an interview with her or sell her book? Think they'd try it? I don't know..:waitasec: ..I only know I wouldn't mess with the feds.

So it looks like my "thought for the day" is how content would I be with FCA granted bankruptcy if all of her rights to her story was considered an "asset" and taken away from her.

So my first question would be "what would that look like"? Does that mean forever? Payment for any TV interview, book or movie reverts back to the BK court for creditors?

Do I think that would be enough? I don't know - I need to think about this for a while. For a start - it's better than nothing. It would certainly give her closure all right - meaning a closed door.....:floorlaugh:

Thoughts?

One thing I am afraid of is that even if the bankruptcy court makes her relinquish the rights to her story, her defense team would find some loophole somewhere to still help her profit. They've taken advantage of every loophole they could find thus far in our court system, and they will probably find a way to do that with the bankruptcy court as well. If it was a guarantee that she couldn't profit and any profit that she made in regards to her story would be given to her creditors, then it would have to be enough. It may, in fact, be the only thing that we end up getting in regards for casey have to pay for all of her wrongdoings.

PEOPLE magazine
Issue March 18, 2013 [cover Valerie Harper terminal cancer]
small inside story, page 83, "Casey Anthony Out of Hiding"
by Steve Helling

excerpt:
"... Citing safety concerns, Anthony refused to name her benefactors, but a source close to her tells PEOPLE that she has reconciled with her entire family, including her father, George, whom she famously accused, during her murder trial, of molesting her. (He denied the allegations.) "They're still rebuilding their relationship." says the source. "But her parents have helped her out both emotionally and financially."

I wonder who his source is?

"My mother's house".

One thing I am afraid of is that even if the bankruptcy court makes her relinquish the rights to her story, her defense team would find some loophole somewhere to still help her profit. They've taken advantage of every loophole they could find thus far in our court system, and they will probably find a way to do that with the bankruptcy court as well. If it was a guarantee that she couldn't profit and any profit that she made in regards to her story would be given to her creditors, then it would have to be enough. It may, in fact, be the only thing that we end up getting in regards for casey have to pay for all of her wrongdoings.

Sure - agree - and that's the question - would they risk it?

And - is it worth the risk?

Not so sure her "story" is big bucks worth now.

I'm not so sure the court doesn't know - that it just hasn't been made public - for so-called "safety concerns". They may know and have a no publish ban in place like with her probation reports.

They must know her address - right? And we don't know. Etc.

previous PEOPLE article from January....

PEOPLE magazine online article
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20668533,00.html …
Casey Anthony Declares Bankruptcy, Reconciles with Her Dad
by Steve Helling
1/27/2013

excerpt:
"Anthony - one of the most reviled criminal defendants in recent memory - has been living in a condo in Cape Canaveral, Fla., since late last year. In addition to regular contact with her mother, she has also reconciled with her father, George, who she previously accused of molesting her. (The condo was actually leased by George Anthony for his daughter to live in. The family attorney, Mark Lippman, had no comment.)

I wonder who his source is?

"My mother's house".

Yeah, casey saying that her possessions that she listed on her bankruptcy are located at her "mother's house" instead of her "parents' house" is quite interesting. The only thing I can think of is that she is still trying to convince the general public that she still is not talking to her father due to the alleged molestation when she was a child. If they public knew that she had actually reconciled with her father, then it would make the alleged molestation hard to believe. Not that many believe it anyway, but I can never see her personally admitting that she reconciled w/her father. Sure, "unnamed sources" in People Magazine can do that, but those words will probably never come directly out of casey's mouth.

Sure - agree - and that's the question - would they risk it?

And - is it worth the risk?

Not so sure her "story" is big bucks worth now.

Maybe casey's attorneys didn't foresee that she could potentially lose the rights to her story if she filed for bankruptcy? Maybe all they were focused on was getting the civil trials dismissed? If so, casey has to be pretty mad at her attorneys for potentially getting her "cash cow" taken away from her. I don't know, maybe at this point her attorneys really aren't on "her side" anymore and just want to get all the legal proceedings over and done with so they can go on w/their lives? casey will hang on to them as long as there is any legal recourse for her. Maybe they want to get "closure" w/her and her legal matters so they can move on? casey would never let them go if she knew there was *something* else they could potentially do for her. Maybe she has something on some of them which makes them fearful to leave her as counsel until all avenues have been explored? I am probably giving casey's lawyers too much credit. Even if there never is a big payday for them in terms of money, the publicity they are still milking from her is *priceless*.

Thoughts?

It would be absolutely wonderful if that did happen. BUTTT. She has so many lawyers who will find any and all loophole's for her to slip through. I have resigned myself to the thinking this horrible person will forever be untouchable by laws.

Thoughts?

I did think yes at first - just to satify the truthful debts and future lawsuits, but then changed it to no.

IMO - making a deal for her "rights" implies that its worth her debt, and it would neatly and painlessly clean up yet more messes she's made - all to her benefit.

One: her story is worth nothing at this point. there are already too many books out. Seriously, who would pay to read about her "journey"? It would land in the dollar bin quicker than Rielle Hunters (RH's book is now selling on Amazon: New $2.61, Used $0.01 - they are selling her book for 1 Penny)

Two: OCA "team" is not hanging around for the stimulating conversation. If she were to score a deal, I would suggest the line of hands out for their "off the top" percentage will stretch around the block before OCA or her creditors sees a dime, that is if one is left. (I just thought of this - what if she gets yet another tax bill from a TV/book sale deal?)

ETA: Three: Her team could slant any deals she received in a way that people could believe that ZFG/RK/OCSO, etc., were benefiting - not OCA (bs), and therefore since many people (the target/paying audience) support them it would be a good thing for us to buy or watch.

Basically, I don't want OCA or her "team" to be told that her story is worth anything, or to be paid from it.

I hope she cost them thousands to maintain, feed and house. I hope she costs them thousands in billable hours. I hope the sound of her voice drives them nuts. I hope they go home at every night and say to themselves -how the he$$ did I get involved with this mess.

Zenaida's bankruptcy attorney, Shuker, and FCA's civil attorney [NOT bankruptcy attorney Schrader] Greene will be on the WFTV broadcast of "Central Florida Spotlight" hosted by Greg Warmoth, and Bill Sheaffer participates, tomorrow, Saturday March 9, 2013.

Greene was very RUDE during the meeting of the creditors and kept interrupting the questioning of FCA and answering for her. Greene has not even filed a Notice of Appearance to represent FCA in the bankruptcy case - she has bankruptcy attorney Schrader for that.

http://www.wftv.com/s/news/centralfloridaspotlight/
Upcoming Shows
Central Florida Spotlight airs on WFTV Saturdays at 12:30 p.m. and re-airs on WRDQ TV27 Sundays at 4 p.m. (times subject to change)
Saturday, March 9 - Casey Anthony is back in the news. Greg Warmoth talks to WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer about her recent bankruptcy hearing and what's to come for Anthony.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/tag/scott-shuker
Casey Anthony: WFTV explores combative bankruptcy hearing
posted by halboedeker on March, 6 2013

excerpt:

Want to know more about Casey Anthony’s bankruptcy hearing?
WFTV-Channel 9’s “Central Florida Spotlight” explores the tensions between attorneys for Anthony and Zenaida Gonzalez at Monday’s gathering in Tampa.
The program airs at 12:30 p.m. Saturday. [March 9, 2013]
Charles Greene, Anthony’s attorney, and Scott Shuker, Gonzalez’s attorney, are moderator Greg Warmoth’s guests.
Greene explains why he’s representing Anthony for free, and WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer weighs in.

[clip]

Shuker counters, “From a bankruptcy point of view, she doesn’t get to have different rules. The rules are the same for everybody. This was the first meeting of creditors, and she’s under oath, she’s supposed to answer.”

Zenaida's bankruptcy attorney, Shuker, and FCA's civil attorney [NOT bankruptcy attorney Schrader] Greene will be on the WFTV broadcast of "Central Florida Spotlight" hosted by Greg Warmoth, and Bill Sheaffer participates, tomorrow, Saturday March 9, 2013.

Greene was very RUDE during the meeting of the creditors and kept interrupting the questioning of FCA and answering for her. Greene has not even filed a Notice of Appearance to represent FCA in the bankruptcy case - she has bankruptcy attorney Schrader for that.

http://www.wftv.com/s/news/centralfloridaspotlight/
Upcoming Shows
Central Florida Spotlight airs on WFTV Saturdays at 12:30 p.m. and re-airs on WRDQ TV27 Sundays at 4 p.m. (times subject to change)
Saturday, March 9 - Casey Anthony is back in the news. Greg Warmoth talks to WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer about her recent bankruptcy hearing and what's to come for Anthony.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/tag/scott-shuker
Casey Anthony: WFTV explores combative bankruptcy hearing
posted by halboedeker on March, 6 2013

excerpt:

Want to know more about Casey Anthony’s bankruptcy hearing?
WFTV-Channel 9’s “Central Florida Spotlight” explores the tensions between attorneys for Anthony and Zenaida Gonzalez at Monday’s gathering in Tampa.
The program airs at 12:30 p.m. Saturday. [March 9, 2013]
Charles Greene, Anthony’s attorney, and Scott Shuker, Gonzalez’s attorney, are moderator Greg Warmoth’s guests.
Greene explains why he’s representing Anthony for free, and WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer weighs in.

[clip]

Shuker counters, “From a bankruptcy point of view, she doesn’t get to have different rules. The rules are the same for everybody. This was the first meeting of creditors, and she’s under oath, she’s supposed to answer.”

Thanks for the update Think Tank-

I believe that I will pass, this show appears to have all the makings to ensure that my head explodes. Greene to me is just JB without the pocket square.

I think you will find that Tulessa was referring to Casey- who is a high school dropout and has been reported as seen walking her dog around Ocean Woods condos. I somehow doubt Tulessa would be interested or aware of your demographic data...

Thank you! IT IS Casey's dog that I worry about. Will it end up in the swamp too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLoo313