Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OldSouls2 - I think I need to change my posting style - I am on my wrong foot all over the place. That was meant to be a question as in has there been a status change?

Not me saying George has clean hands in all of this.......

No problem Logical, I didn't take it the wrong way at all. Just stating an opinion since everything about these people is usually b*^^$% and what it looks like isn't always what it is.

what?????

In the bankruptcy filing, it lists Tribute Mastercard as a Creditor, and says the credit card was opened May 2007, and she owes $ 1,250.00. It has been turned over to a collection agency.

In the bankruptcy filing, it lists Tribute Mastercard as a Creditor, and says the credit card was opened May 2007, and she owes $ 1,250.00. It has been turned over to a collection agency.

Oh I thought they had given her one recently.

Isn't it disgusting that she runs up a bill like this, just talking, with NO prospect of ever paying it. She has absolutely NO scruples about stealing.

She ran up her phone bill again just like she did right before Caylee went missing. Poor her, she doesn't have access to her grandfather's nursing home account or her grandmother's checking account to steal from again. Her friends and counsel should be guarding their money, checkbooks, and account numbers with their lives!

I hate when that happens. I hate when I run up a 4 figure cell phone bill and forget that I have done it.

So is the bill in her name?

So does she have a bat phone now? My guess is yes...

How does she run up such a high cell phone bill? My family has 4 phones under one plan and we only pay around $200 a month. We all have smart phones with data plans. She hasn't paid her phone bill in months. How do her handlers allow her to get away with this? On the one hand, they say she has changed, but it is apparent she is back to her old behavior. She's running up her cell phone bill just like she did right before Caylee went missing. Now she doesn't have access to her grandfather's nursing home account or her grandmothers checking account to steal from again. It's truly shameful that her counsel has allowed her to fall back into the habits of her old irresponsible behavior with no accountability whatsoever. She's the same as before; however, she now just has different handlers. Before it was Cindy, now it is her handlers. Why doesn't anybody ever hold her accountable for her bad behavior? Her friends and counsel better be guarding their money, checkbooks, and account information with their lives!

How does she run up such a high cell phone bill? My family has 4 phones under one plan and we only pay around $200 a month. We all have smart phones with data plans. She hasn't paid her phone bill in months. How do her handlers allow her to get away with this? On the one hand, they say she has changed, but it is apparent she is back to her old behavior. She's running up her cell phone bill just like she did right before Caylee went missing. Now she doesn't have access to her grandfather's nursing home account or her grandmothers checking account to steal from again. It's truly shameful that her counsel has allowed her to fall back into the habits of her old irresponsible behavior with no accountability whatsoever. She's the same as before; however, she now just has different handlers. Before it was Cindy, now it is her handlers. Why doesn't anybody ever hold her accountable for her bad behavior? Her friends and counsel better be guarding their money, checkbooks, and account information with their lives!

All above is true, however this account in collection is from before/when she was arrested. Currently she has a cell provided but fortunately for the carrier - she isn't the one paying for it. I'd guess either her legal team or her mother is.

And after those suckers are tapped out, as well as her parents fridge, I'm sure she'd starve to death before getting off her a$$ to get a job...

And, of course, it would be all GA's fault, or whoever's the fall guy of the moment. She will never understand the concept of paying for her needs and wants. She will always be a freeloader, taking whatever she wants, without ever even considering what it means to actually earn something. Imo, this bankruptcy is not about debt relief, as it's intended to be, it's about greed. It describes her character, it's who she is... She's emotionally bankrupt, and I don't think she even cares that she's financially bankrupt. That's not what this is all about. Most would consider a bankruptcy a loss, so to speak, but for her it's a win. And even worse, imo, she's not mortified or defeated by it, like a normal person would be, instead she takes pride in her ability to con, and is probably laughing about getting one over on everybody. She will always be a victim and a freeloader. This is simply another way to get what she wants, without putting any effort or sacrifice into getting it...

All jmo.

The apple didn't fall too far from the tree. Her parents taught her well, didn't they?
Remember when the A's quit paying their bills and then filed for BK while sailing on cruises. The end result is they were able to keep their home, vehicles and everything except the bills that were owed and came out smelling like a rose (or rather pizza) with plenty of money, expense paid vacations/trips and gainful employment from a very generous employer.

Casey Anthony's bankruptcy attorney, David L. Schrader, has added two new Creditors to the case, filed March 7, 2013.

NOTE: Still no attorney Dorothy Sims as a Creditor and no attorney Cheney Mason, attorney Lizbeth Fryer, attorney Charles Greene, attorney Andrew Chmelir or attorney Debra Ferwerda, or bankruptcy attorney David Schrader, or P.I. Pat McKenna, or P.I. Dominic Casey

William Slabaugh - attorney
c/o Jose A. Baez
The Baez Law Firm

Michelle Medina - attorney

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIZ0JaX2g5bTYtMkE/edit?usp=sharing

Casey Anthony Bankruptcy add Slabaugh and Medina March 7 2013

Casey Anthony's bankruptcy attorney, David L. Schrader, has added two new Creditors to the case, filed March 7, 2013.

NOTE: Still no attorney Dorothy Sims as a Creditor and no attorney Cheney Mason, attorney Lizbeth Fryer, attorney Charles Greene, attorney Andrew Chmelir or attorney Debra Ferwerda, or bankruptcy attorney David Schrader, or P.I. Pat McKenna, or P.I. Dominic Casey

c/o Jose A. Baez
The Baez Law Firm

Gosh, is the bird flinging party over? I guess the team has cracked.

c/o Jose A. Baez
The Baez Law Firm

Right above CA's signature is the following statement:

I declare under the penalty of perjury that I have read the foregoing Notice of Change of Address and that it is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, information and belief.

I didn't see any mention of a change of addres anywhere.

JMO

Are we seeing additional attys from the Baez group to offset the indigency papers and the cap on what JB said he would bill?

In other words...let's trot out these other attorneys and say that the 500K bill belongs to them.

While we are examing Casey Anthony (and George and Cindy's) finances re: bankruptcy, and how inept and criminal they are at managing their money, let's not forget, everyone's hero, Jeff Ashton, also filed bankruptcy at one time.

http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/state-attorney-candidate-filed-bankruptcy-before/vF4FC/

It us one thing to claim bk for a specific reason (divorce and all money sunk into a failed business). It is quite another to claim bk due to laziness and lack of effort to work or pay bills.

I would love to know how she and her mother divided Dr Phil's money

in reading about different bankruptcy chapters I saw this comparison chart for chapter 7 and chapter 13, complete liquidation vs payment plan. an IRS levy and having significant assets you don't want to lose in a chapter 7 are indicators for filing chapter 13 (but she is hiding significant assets and 13 is the pay-your-creditors chapter, dang it)
http://www.bankruptcylawhelp.com/Bankruptcy/Chapter-7-Compared-to-Chapter-13.aspx

BAPCPA, the current law, says that the bankruptcy courts shall look to the "median income" for the state in which court has jurisdiction. The median income figures come from the Census Bureau. If you remember your math, the "median" income for a state is not the same as the "average" income (the "mean" income.) No, the "median" income is the income you find if you make a list of all the incomes for the state in a vertical column and you pick the one half way up, in the dead center. Also, the new law instructs us to look at the "household" median income. As a result, we are looking at the total income for everyone in the household combined, no matter who is filing the case.

If you are below median income, you qualify for chapter 7, right? Not so fast. What the law really says is that if you are below median income, then there is no "presumption of abuse" of the Chapter 7 provisions. There could still be abuse, but it is not "presumed."... just because you are below median income doesn't really mean you get a Chapter 7 admission ticket. It just means there is no presumption against you. But all this is just a technical reading. On the street, as it were, if you are below median income you are unlikely to be hassled by the U.S. Trustee's office, which seems to be in charge of asking the court to move you from a Chapter 7 to a Chapter 13. Creditors can make this charge as well, but rarely do.

What if you are over median income? Well, you know being over median income produces a presumption of abuse of the Chapter 7 process, and you could get locked out of Chapter 7 and be looking at a Chapter 13. But it's only a presumption and you might be able to rebut the presumption by passing what is called the Means Test.
http://www.bankruptcylawhelp.com/Bankruptcy/Florida-Bankruptcy-Income-Limits.aspx

The first step is simple: If your current monthly income is less than the median income for a household of your size in your state, you pass. Period. You're done. You do not need to complete the rest of the means test. You can file for Chapter 7.
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/chapter-7-bankruptcy-means-test-eligibility-29907.html

the current median income for household of one in FL is $41,065, before taxes. that's $3422 per month. does she live alone? (IMO, no). if she, for example, lives with two people the median income for a household of three is $53,820. if she lives with two handlers is their combined income above the median? (IMO, yes)

chapter 13 is for debtors owing less than $307,675 (who agree to live on a budget created by the IRS so they can make payments to their creditors, oops). FCA alleges that her debt is $793,341. disregarding JB's $500,000 claim brings her debt under the chapter 13 limit. recognizing his claim puts her above the chapter 13 limit (so she goes chapter 7 instead and is not threatened with the agony of paying what she owes)
http://www.americanbar.org/content/..._legal_guide/bankruptcy_7_13.authcheckdam.pdf

I can't tell if taxes and IRS levies are non-dischargable for chapter 7 (the IRS is the first in line for chapter 13 payments). is the IRS listed as a creditor because something she filed is pending but there's no decision yet so they're still a creditor? something was 240 days and something was 3 years so the IRS should forgive the $68,000? is it the chicken or the egg, the IRS forgives so subtract that from her debt or the bankruptcy discharges it before the IRS decides? $793,341 - $568,000 = $225,341. big difference. huge

:banghead::banghead::banghead: UGH! So the fact that JB's bill was challenged, may be the reasoning behind adding Slabaugh and Medina to the list of debtors!!! I am weary of grown men "playing with the law" to appease a woman who was "the last to see her daughter alive" because she strokes their egos with open flirtations and/or sad, little girl behavior. It is so transparent.

This entire bankruptcy is SO SLEAZY, IMO....:twocents:

I can see the need for BK sometimes, but what I dont understand is how you can claim bankruptcy to include future claims against you. Zenaida/Roy/Tim have yet to have their day in court but if her BK is successful their suits will be dismissed - right? I understood the purpose of BK was to free someone who was mired in debt - not to avoid legitimate lawsuits still in the offing.

While we are examing Casey Anthony (and George and Cindy's) finances re: bankruptcy, and how inept and criminal they are at managing their money, let's not forget, everyone's hero, Jeff Ashton, also filed bankruptcy at one time.

http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/state-attorney-candidate-filed-bankruptcy-before/vF4FC/

Rossva I get your point about disliking Ashton, however the conversation IMO is not about taunting bankruptees - but about freeloaders who escape their financial responsibilities by declaring bankrupcy and then continue the freeloading behavior once discharged.

Where or not one likes Ashton, there is no denying that in spite of whatever financial cirumstances caused Mr. Ashton to declare bankrupcy, he has continued to work and be a strong contributor to his job, his family and his community.

All IMO. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member