Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked up John A Schober. He is an attorney in Austin, Tx. His practice is real estate, bankruptcy/debt and business law. He also has an inactive license in Ohio.

The Ohio connection concerns me. What is the name of fca's aunt in Texas?

Plus- how did he know about this before it even hit the www?

Wow! I missed this news yesterday..Blaiss just told me about it on twitter. Looks like she would have to sell her rights to a story! Could this then be frozen in case of a ZFG judgment?

After I saw this here yesterday I sent Blaiss a message to alert her. I figured she had so many followers that the word would get out fast.

Are we allowed to post what we find about bidders?

No need to post that kind of information at this time. If that changes a mod will let us all know.

Also to all : please do not use WS as a platform for any kind of fundraising unless it has been cleared by the owners.
Thank you!

I just read a really weird article about this selling assets of FCA on TMZ - it must have come from the Anthony camp.

They say the Anthony camp just received the 10K bid blah blah blah and there is no way she would accept it and the BK lawyer is trying to sell FCA's thought and good luck with that!

What the He77? :facepalm:

Okay I have now calmed myself down a notch and reread the Trustee's motion.

And I see that he has applied to "the court" to have this motion accepted or passed or whatever they call it.

I wonder if there is any chance of it not passing? Ack!:what:

And I find it very weird that none of the Orlando media sites have picked up this news...huh?

I wonder if these types of motions are normally approved. There is only 21 days from the date of the notice (03/15/2013) for bids to be sumbitted. It seems the person who submitted the bid is an attorney that handles BK cases, so he most likely knows what he is doing.

It will be interesting to see if anyone files motions protesting this action.

JMO

Plus- how did he know about this before it even hit the www?

It looks like his offer is what initiated the motion to sell her rights. He is a bankruptcy lawyer so would likely know what is possible. It may be just that he wants to keep her from profiting and this is an altruistic move. I hope that is the case, but it is so hard to simply accept his motives as good and not a backdoor for fca.

I just read a really weird article about this selling assets of FCA on TMZ - it must have come from the Anthony camp.

They say the Anthony camp just received the 10K bid blah blah blah and there is no way she would accept it and the BK lawyer is trying to sell FCA's thought and good luck with that!

I don't think it is up to CA to approve. I think the only way she can stop it is to withdraw her application for bankruptcy.

Just read the article on TMZ. It says that "Casey's Camp" has received the offer. Seems to me it was the BK trustee that received it.

JMO

That article also has the name of the bidder wrong. It states John M. It is John A. If this atty is somehow in with the felon, I could see then sending the wrong initial to get folks off the trail. I trust the motion to be accurate, not tmz.

No need to post that kind of information at this time. If that changes a mod will let us all know.

Also to all : please do not use WS as a platform for any kind of fundraising unless it has been cleared by the owners.
Thank you!

Sorry Beach. I posted info from his profile page from an attorney search engine. I will edit if you wish.

I looked up John A Schober. He is an attorney in Austin, Tx. His practice is real estate, bankruptcy/debt and business law. He also has an inactive license in Ohio.

Dana, Cindy's second cousin. She has no aunt in Texas.

Here's the question I have? Let's say a tv station, or somthing like TMZ takes a gamble and bids on this, and they have no contract with her at this time. Could they as the winning bid later offer her money to tell them her story. This worries me. A loophole for everything.

Speaking of the book...there is a recent wave of new 5 star reviews over at amazon. Probably FCA drumming up sales since she gets 15%...
Wonder if she's the one who's been writing them all along. Have computer will travel. lol
What else does she have to do...seriously!!

So now we have a Texas AND an Ohio connection???!!!

It looks like his offer is what initiated the motion to sell her rights. He is a bankruptcy lawyer so would likely know what is possible. It may be just that he wants to keep her from profiting and this is an altruistic move. I hope that is the case, but it is so hard to simply accept his motives as good and not a backdoor for fca.

I dont know, I think I am a liitle leary about that lawyer now,ya hear Ohio and a bell goes off,I DON'T trust any of them,hope the right folks can look into that..this is all too good to be true,and you know that saying..

Here's the question I have? Let's say a tv station, or somthing like TMZ takes a gamble and bids on this, and they have no contract with her at this time. Could they as the winning bid later offer her money to tell them her story. This worries me. A loophole for everything.

According to the following link, we won't have to worry about TMZ or any of Casey's supporters bidding on the rights to her "story" because she is allowed to make a bid herself and "Buy Back" her assets (to be repaid generally within within 10-12 months.)

:what: I am reading this right, aren't I?

"What is a Buy Back?
A "Buy Back" case is where the debtor makes an offer to purchase their unencumbered, non-exempt assets back from the Trustee. When you file chapter 7, you are required to list all your assets. Your attorney will then put your state and constitutional exemptions on these assets to protect any equity they may have. If they can't be completely protected, then the Trustee has the right to sell them to the highest bidder. Generally, that is the debtor. Your attorney will make the offer to buy back the equity in the assets and request that the payments be made over a period of time. Generally, most trustees will allow 10-12 months with no interest for a buy back. This way the person isn't forced to give up their vehicle and or personal belongings that can't be exempt. Please hire an attorney. The cost of an attorney will likely be less than the property value you might lose because you didn't know the law."

http://www.keithdcollier.com/chapter-7-bankruptcy.php

According to the document James M Schober - not John A is the one making the offer.

#4 in the document

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIQVlMb3ZpTjBabWc/edit?pli=1

There is a James M who is a bankruptcy lawyer in TX
http://www.martindale.com/James-M-Schober/1643376-lawyer.htm

According to the following link, we won't have to worry about TMZ or any of Casey's supporters bidding on the rights to her "story" because she is allowed to make a bid herself and "Buy Back" her assets (to be repaid generally within within 10-12 months.)

:what: I am reading this right, aren't I?

"What is a Buy Back?
A "Buy Back" case is where the debtor makes an offer to purchase their unencumbered, non-exempt assets back from the Trustee. When you file chapter 7, you are required to list all your assets. Your attorney will then put your state and constitutional exemptions on these assets to protect any equity they may have. If they can't be completely protected, then the Trustee has the right to sell them to the highest bidder. Generally, that is the debtor. Your attorney will make the offer to buy back the equity in the assets and request that the payments be made over a period of time. Generally, most trustees will allow 10-12 months with no interest for a buy back. This way the person isn't forced to give up their vehicle and or personal belongings that can't be exempt. Please hire an attorney. The cost of an attorney will likely be less than the property value you might lose because you didn't know the law."

http://www.keithdcollier.com/chapter-7-bankruptcy.php

What is Casey going to buy them back WITH? I thought she was broke....
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member