Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to understand this. If I don't "get it" this time, I will give up.

Isn't profiting from the selling of her rights to her story the same as profiting from her story if she were to write a book or do a movie? How is this any different?

Since there aren't many people who would buy a book she wrote or a movie she helped to script, doesn't selling her rights to profits just let her profit without doing anything?

How would that stop her from getting together with someone else to write a book or movie and getting paid through that person?

Let's say she gets $1 million for her "rights". Didn't she just make $1 million because she killed Caylee and got away with it by lying?

I really don't understand the concept of how selling her rights to profit is anything other than profiting. :waitasec::waitasec:

Casey would not profit if they can strip her of the rights to her story. That's basically what they want to do. Instead of simply clearing her debt scott free they want to sell her rights to her story in order to pay off her debts.

FLmom777 :bow: thank you!!! I'm starting to see the light a little bit now.

In this case, take Baez and his $500k off the bankruptcy books and anyone else who is on the shady side of truth and justice for Caylee and I'd be a little bit ok with this scenario playing out.

I still think that there are a lot of loopholes to this new game she's playing.

[/B]

Casy's not the one playing. The trustee is!! :great:

9h Blaiss ‏@Blaiss
@Bama_newsjunkie so did a lot of us. #JoseBaez is funding #CaseyAnthony. She gets 15% of all his book sales/appearance fees! Not claimed BR
Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More
RETWEETS
FAVORITES
6:38 PM - 15 Mar 13 · Details
7h I.M. Important ‏@freelancewoman
@Blaiss Wow, is this confirmed?
Collapse
8:29 PM - 15 Mar 13 · Details

Caylee_Anthony_Reading.jpg

Casey would not profit if they can strip her of the rights to her story. That's basically what they want to do. Instead of simply clearing her debt scott free they want to sell her rights to her story in order to pay off her debts.

I agree with your assessment.

Does anyone know if Casey could withdraw her BK filing? If she can and does, that will say a lot!!! I hope she can't withdraw.

This is the best thing that has happened for little Caylee since the day she disappeared (except her little body being found.)

PS Just did a search and it is possible to withdraw.

JMO

9h Blaiss ‏@Blaiss
@Bama_newsjunkie so did a lot of us. #JoseBaez is funding #CaseyAnthony. She gets 15% of all his book sales/appearance fees! Not claimed BR
RETWEETS
FAVORITES
Collapse

Speaking of the book...there is a recent wave of new 5 star reviews over at amazon. Probably FCA drumming up sales since she gets 15%...

Speaking of the book...there is a recent wave of new 5 star reviews over at amazon. Probably FCA drumming up sales since she gets 15%...

bbm. People see that for what it is. Every book store I have been into for months cant move them.

If JQ public bids for the rights to her story, can they be given back to her?

I would think that would be very hard to do, but what if it was done after her bankruptcy was discharged? All of this makes my head hurt, lol.

I guess the answer is to sleuth the hell out of those who are bidding for it to see if there is a six degrees of separation.

I wonder if Cindy and George can bid for them?

Is this kinda like when J.Peterman bought the rights to Kramer's stories? :)

The problem is that whatever money is received, it will be divided up among the creditors (after the BK people get their cut), which means JB would get his share. Personally, I don't think she owes him that money. He was paid by the State of Fl. Surely, they have an agreement that whatever he accepted from them would be all he could be paid and he could not bill CA.

JMO

I agree. I don't think casey owes Baez $500,000. I think it was just added as padding to the amount that she owes in order to bolster her bankruptcy claim. I just wonder if casey's lawyers didn't anticipate this coming? If so, casey has to be pretty angry to potentially be losing the rights to her story. I think all along the plan was to have casey file for bankruptcy and then turn around and sell an interview/book deal for millions. I don't think the plan is going the way casey and her defense team planned it to.

I'm kind of curious what kind of documentatin Baez provided to the court to prove "his bill". I know AZLawyer said he did 500K worth of work for that trial..:rolleyes: ....but then there is the indigency agreement....

FCA did say in the BK court that she didn't think she actually owed it to him so maybe it's been struck off the list....

The affidavit OCA signed March 3rd 2010 stated OCA paid Baez $89,000 and he would not receive or anticipate to receive any further compensation, things of value or funds..and that Baez's fee to represent her is $0.00 ZERO

http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2010-07/55220170.pdf
Defendant's Motion for Determination of Indigency for Costs and Indigent for Cost Affidavit of Attorney Fees

9h Blaiss ‏@Blaiss
RETWEETS
FAVORITES
Collapse

Trying to catch up here, so if this has been asked, sorry. But, if JB is listed as her biggest creditor, then he would get the biggest chunk of money from the sale to her "rights", right? Which he would then just turn around and give her a share, meaning she would still be profiting a bit. My cynical side says that is why she listed him as a creditor to whom she owed a half million dollars to. Has anything been said about removing JB from the list of creditors before the sale, seeing as how KC stated she didn't think she owed him this money?

Do creditors have to provide proof of their claim? Fca even said when questioned that she did not think she owed jb anything, even though she listed that astronomical amount in her filing.

Hmm, is there anything at all that would legally prevent a Casey supporter from bidding (like the parents)? It might even be in their interest to not keep it a secret ~ that way they could take advantage of the free publicity.

:dunno:​

It will be interesting to see who the bidders will be. I sure hope we will be able to know who else bids!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIQVlMb3ZpTjBabWc/edit?pli=1

Read Point Number 8.

The bid must be in witting.
The Bid must be accompanied by a deposit of 100% of the proposed higher bid
A Statement that the Bid is not contingent on OCA's cooperation
The bidder has 21 days from the filing of this motion to submit a bid

IF more than 1 bid is received it will go to Auction and there are Rules governing the Auction
The Bidder must provide Proof of financial ability to Pay
The min. raise on any raise on any bid will be $10,000
The winning bidder has 10 days, after a court order approving the auction, to close and if that bidder does not close then the 2nd highest bidder will win the auction

I doubt her attorneys anticipated this turn of events. They were liking to get all debts erased then cash in later. Oh, hi jose.

Do creditors have to provide proof if their claim? Fca even said we when questioned that she did not think she owed jb anything, even though she listed that astronomical amount in her filing.

I would certainly hope so but I don't know for sure..
How can she say she owes him $500,000 without documentation/proof? That's a lot of money to owe without providing an invoice or written agreement.

I agree with your assessment.

Does anyone know if Casey could withdraw her BK filing? If she can and does, that will say a lot!!! I hope she can't withdraw.

This is the best thing that has happened for little Caylee since the day she disappeared (except her little body being found.)

PS Just did a search and it is possible to withdraw.

JMO

I agree with you! This is the best news we've had since the LE charged her!!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIQVlMb3ZpTjBabWc/edit?pli=1

Read Point Number 8.

The bid must be in witting.
The Bid must be accompanied by a deposit of 100% of the proposed higher bid
A Statement that the Bid is not contingent on OCA's cooperation
The bidder has 21 days from the filing of this motion to submit a bid

IF more than 1 bid is received it will go to Auction and there are Rules governing the Auction
The Bidder must provide Proof of financial ability to Pay
The min. raise on any raise on any bid will be $10,000
The winning bidder has 10 days, after a court order approving the auction, to close and if that bidder does not close then the 2nd highest bidder will win the auction

I read that too, Intermezzo, and found it less than clear. For example, if you have to deposit 100% of the proposed higher bid ~ that would be the bid you were proposing, right? So you would deposit your entire bid and have nothing left to pay.

Why, then, must they provide proof of financial ability to pay?

I think this is either poorly written or has conflicting information/instructions and shines no light at all about my initial questions as to whether or not any of her creditors/supporters could legally submit a bid. . . other than where it says " . . . Any person wishing to bid must provide . . .

I agree. I don't think casey owes Baez $500,000. I think it was just added as padding to the amount that she owes in order to bolster her bankruptcy claim. I just wonder if casey's lawyers didn't anticipate this coming? If so, casey has to be pretty angry to potentially be losing the rights to her story. I think all along the plan was to have casey file for bankruptcy and then turn around and sell an interview/book deal for millions. I don't think the plan is going the way casey and her defense team planned it to.

Yes, I saw it explained somewhere that there are two types of bankruptcy and I wish I could remember where. She went for the higher one because it ends up giving her a cleaner slate.

Or maybe just maybe this slate is going to end up a whole lot cleaner than she and her lawyers were planning.

Okay kids, so think past this - down the road a couple of years. Just how long do you think "her friends" and "lawyers" will continue to provide her with free housing and expense money with no input at all for her. When they know there is no kickback possible.

I'm thinking their benevolence is going to wear thin very fast - and then what? I won't care at that point as long as it doesn't include blood money. That's a lotta years she's going to need to work. No more easy bucks!

So far as we know, noone has been beating down her door for her story.

I guess anything is possible, but most people would not take a chance on paying someone for her story other than the winner of the bid. They could be sued.

JMO

That's true noanswer - and that's mainly because of the public backlash!

BUT - picture her story when the public knows she isn't making a dime off of it - I'm thinking "her story" would get a very different public response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor